Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,203 members, 7,845,983 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters (37082 Views)

Photos: PDP Burial Procession In Kaduna By APC / Photo: Protest In Kaduna By Victims Of 2011 Post-election Crisis / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Beaf: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

@ Kobo

your call for security armed forces is understood. But remenber GEJ is seen as the problem now. Giving military orders might not be the best possible solution now especially from someone they are protesting against.

The Northern elite (Buhari inclusive) can quell this if they REALLY want to. Just as much as they can start religious riots. Anyone saying that they cant is just being disingenous or dont really know how politics is played in the North.

Military orders have already been given. A curfew has been in place for hours now in Kaduna, that is already a pretty extreme measure. If the people don't read the signs and insist on rioting, they will be shot in the streets.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

@ Kobo

your call for security armed forces is understood. But remenber GEJ is seen as the problem now. Giving military orders might not be the best possible solution now especially from someone they are protesting against.

I am sorry but this did not come out right from your end. We are not calling for Goodluck himself to get a hold of baton and then go out in the streets to enforce the law. There are already service men in the north and many in the south who are not doing anything right now that can get out there to do the job.

I don't know why we should first consider Goodluck's feelings and image before this can happen. I don't get it. He just happens to be Government and common sense is Government ought to provide security NO MATTER WHAT.

This is not the first time we have heard of violence in the north, what baffles me is how some of you pretend each time that it is the first and somehow things
to be reviewed and responsibilities need not be placed on Government for unknown reasons. We have had riots at least 4 times this year alone . . . we ought to have some sort of disaster response plan/team already. I believe the Govenrment claimed to have worked on one earlier this year. Why is it not working yet is the question?

Basseti:

The Northern elite (Buhari inclusive) can quell this if they REALLY want to. Just as much as they can start religious riots. Anyone saying that they cant is just being disingenous or dont really know how politics is played in the North.

WRONG AGAIN!!! The Emir's own house is reported to be on fire. Why was he not able to quell it, along with other leaders in his area? He is a northern leader so why hasn't his words worked?

Please we need to stop swallowing all these gubbled-de-gook nonsense of northern leaders being all powerful and realize that even their control only goes as far. That is why people still expect the Government to step in and do it's job- the job we pay it to do. Drop the silly excuses please.

P.S. Buhari, like Ribadu has never been known a Northern Leader --- cue the rejection of Buhari by the Northern leaders only some weeks ago??
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

Military orders have already been given. A curfew has been in place for hours now in Kaduna, that is already a pretty extreme measure. If the people don't read the signs and insist on rioting, they will be shot in the streets.

Wow seriously?

This will be the solution? What govt works with improperly "settled"  rebellions?

@Thread

Why isnt anyone talking about Ribadu?

Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Beaf: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Agaba123: Only God can help us in Nigeria: [size=14pt]Buhari was asked on AlJazeera "with trouble in North by your supporters, what message do you have for them? Buhari said "l want INEC to explain the results in some polling stations first"[/size]
IS THIS RESPOSE FROM BUHARI GOOD ENOUGH TO STOP VIOLENCE NOW?

Buhari loves blood.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=14pt]^^^ Where is the Aljazeera source for the claimed quote !!![/size]
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Bawss1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is that true? shocked shocked shocked shocked Source please
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Beaf: 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Wow seriously?

This will be the solution? What govt works with improperly "settled"  rebellions?

@Thread

Why isnt anyone talking about Ribadu?

Yes, thats what happens when people challenge authority and take to mass killing. They have declared war, and if they do not heed, they will be faced with an escalating and overwhelming response. Lets see wot they gat. cool
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Basseti: 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but this did not come out right from your end. We are not calling for Goodluck himself to get a hold of baton and then go out in the streets to enforce the law. There are already service men in the north and many in the south who are not doing anything right now that can get out there to do the job.

I don't know why we should first consider Goodluck's feelings and image before this can happen. I don't get it. He just happens to be Government and common sense is Government ought to provide security NO MATTER WHAT.

WRONG AGAIN!!! The Emir's own house is reported to be on fire. Why was he not able to quell it, along with other leaders in his area? He is a northern leader so why hasn't his words worked?

Please we need to stop swallowing all these gubbled-de-gook nonsense of northern leaders being all powerful and realize that even their control only goes as far. That is why people still expect the Government to step in and do it's job- the job we pay it to do. Drop the silly excuses please.

P.S. Buhari, like Ribadu has never been known a Northern Leader --- cue the rejection of Buhari by the Northern leaders only some weeks ago.

This where U show a lot of ignorance. And I prolly wont balme u.

What Emir's house is on fire?  What part did the Emir play during the elections? Dont just throw out random facts without even trying to dig deep. I suggest U find answers to these questions before U make another post.

If U think that those people are out on the streets on thier own accord , I suggest U pick up a book on Northern politics.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by omenala(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
When can we divide this country? How long shall we continue to deceive our selves? There's no such thing as one Nigeria! If the election was rigged let them go to court with proof. We are no longer in the stone age! What beats me is why northerners on nairaland support this evil, abi nah because gej is a gentleman from a minority ethnic group? If Obj or any other major Ethnic Grp was in power una for make noise?
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Beaf: 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Speaking on Aljazeera, Monday, [size=14pt]in reaction to questions on the rising protest and violence in the North where he has a large number of supporters, Mr Buhari said the announced results were false[/size] and that he had laid his complaints before the electoral body. He said the body has agreed to check the score sheets manually and compare with the results they inputed to their electronic system.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690793-146/story.csp

[size=14pt]Buhari loves blood.[/size]
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

How nice. Blood thirsty as well, what a nice combination.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by jmaine: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Donlittle:

Yeah right, i always see them with a small radio, but u can never hear them listening to news,
it their music they turn on and listen to for hours.
I lived with hausa, they dnt care bout news, tell them A they will do, tell them B, they will tell you we will think about it
The A now is fight, but the B right Now is Stop, they are thinking about it.
hausas dont listen to news, it Musik all day long

why the sudden shift with a vague explanation . . thought you denied the fact that an average aboki man has a means to receive news. And basseti corrected you and Kobojunkie naiveness, you whipped up another line . .what do you think they will be listening to now on their little transistor radios . . Politics ( Buhari plight) or music . . .guy you don't need to do junkie all the time . . .she is unique but you can make a difference in your post for once . . Be objective . .

Basseti:

With all due respect, U dont know what the 'ell u are talking about.
Pay closer attention to any Hausa man u know. They are more politically and religious(ly) aware than U people give them credit for.
No hausa man I know of EVER misses the BBC hausa programs.

it's common for nairalanders who know next to nothing about a topic,statement or situation claim they know all . . .it's synonymous with nairaland . .thank you for correcting them in love . .don't really know if they are willing to learn . . . Cos they will now tell you they lived their entire life with the hausas just to score a non existing point . .
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690793-146/story.csp

[size=14pt]Buhari loves blood.[/size]

Aren't you the one who just said protesters will be shot on the streets?
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Basseti: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
And please, not make this a mere academic exercise or an episode of  "who knows the latest cuss words" just as every other thread on NL. This is real lives we are talking about here.

This is no time for anti GEJ or anti Buhari sentiments. I am really worried cos this if not curtailed will set us back many years.

Aigbofa:

How nice. Blood thirsty as well, what a nice combination.

Exactly. This is the risk that military action brings.
This rhetoric will lead us nowhere.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

This where U show a lot of ignorance. And I prolly wont balme u.

What Emir's house is on fire?  What part did the Emir play during the elections? Dont just throw out random facts without even trying to dig deep. I suggest U find answers to these questions before U make another post.

I am sorry but I don't get how the questions above show me ignorant in anyway. News is still trickling in on this and I read somewhere that an emir was impacted -- his house or property on fire. Are you suggeting that ONLY THOSE WHO PLAYED A PART IN THE ELECTIONS ARE AFFECTED In these riots??

What I don't get is how you were able to conclude that means I don't know much of Nigeria or Northern politics. lol

Basseti:

If U think that those people are out on the streets on thier own accord , I suggest U pick up a book on Northern politics.

HUH?? Now you are making less sense to me. Or are you somehow trying to pin this now on the emir? Are you somehow saying that the emir sent people to riot in the streets, but you are blaming Buhari for it on the side?  . . . ** head hurting now ***

Seriously, please fill us in.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
jmaine:

why the sudden shift with a vague explanation . . thought you denied the fact that an average aboki man has a means to receive news. And basseti corrected you and Kobojunkie naiveness, you whipped up another line . .what do you think they will be listening to now on their little transistor radios . . Politics ( Buhari plight) or music . . .guy you don't need to do junkie all the time . . .she is unique but you can make a difference in your post for once . . Be objective . .

What exactly did he correct though? Maybe you could tell us.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by 2mch(m): 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Aigbofa:

Aren't you the one who just said protesters will be shot on the streets?

grin grin grin grin. He is the type of adviser's GEJ has. That is why GEJ has made so many mistakes. Turning guns on your citizens is most likely to turn bad. It never ends well. The person will be ejected from office. Jonathan cannot try it. Nigeria will go from 1 to 100, in a minute.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Beaf: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
2mch:

grin grin grin grin. He is the type of adviser's GEJ has. That is why GEJ has made so many mistakes. Turning guns on your citizens is most likely to turn bad. It never ends well. The person will be ejected from office. Jonathan cannot try it. Nigeria will go from 1 to 100, in a minute.

I am not GEJ's adviser.
But, I'll advice you in the meantime to get any people on the streets to commit mass murder, and see what the result will be. cool
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Basseti: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Donlittle:

What do you mean by buhari plight?? seriously!!!
wow!!
i am going to tell you, this ppl dont listen to news, times without number, they dont!!

Please stop saying that. It just makes U look
1) completely out of touch or
2)disingenous or
3) just plain silly.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

Please stop saying that. It just makes U look
1) completely out of touch or
2)disingenous or
3) just plain silly.

i said the un-educated ones!!
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Basseti: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Donlittle:

What do you mean by buhari plight?? seriously!!!
wow!!
i am going to tell you, this ppl dont listen to news, the un-educated aboki dont listen to news

i think you should read from the beginning of my thread, the un-educated aboki,
or u seriously think the educated ones are out their on the street fighting?? yeah right
U sounded like you know all, even tho u dont!!!

Uneducated in terms of what?

Religion, politics or just the plain ol' western education.

And when I asked U about hausas with radios, I wasnt talking about the ones in the bank, govt houses, I was actually talking about the ones U are more likely to meet when U are taking a walk down the street. The cobblers, suya guys, tea makers, gate men. I am sure they dont qualify as "educated" to you
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Basseti: 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ok, let me put it another way. Maybe U will get it now.

The average uneducated hausa man is more "religiously and politically" aware than say the average uneducated Igbo or Yoruba man.

Before U throw ur pants on fire, do a little bit of sampling.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by ziccoit: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Beaf:

Only God can help us in Nigeria:[size=20pt] Buhari was asked on AlJazeera "with trouble in North by your supporters, what message do you have for them? Buhari said "l want INEC to explain the results in some polling stations first"[/size]
IS THIS RESPOSE FROM BUHARI GOOD ENOUGH TO STOP VIOLENCE NOW?

HOW DOES THE BOLD ABOVE EQUAL BELOW?

Beaf:

Speaking on Aljazeera, Monday, [size=20pt]in reaction to questions on the rising protest and violence in the North where he has a large number of supporters, Mr Buhari said the announced results were false[/size] and that he had laid his complaints before the electoral body. He said the body has agreed to check the score sheets manually and compare with the results they inputed to their electronic system.

Beafffffuuuu. Hhe I de warn you o. How does the above two equal? People ask for source and you bring this. Hun, hope you are not growing to become some body like, wait,  Yes OBASANJO, the master of trickery. Okay o. May God help o. We de say old people no good, these youths nko o. Dem pass worst.
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by sledge406: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
T-pia's comment;

@ topic

still no word from any media.

i suspect these so-called riots are a deliberate attempt by some, to further paint nigeria in a bad light.

mischief makers.  

their agents are already on nl posting fake pictures and trying to shout down any request for links or sources.

since they know there are none.

You're a true description of a fish without a brain and having read other comments here with people paying attention to issues whether in support or not or trying to exonerate Buhari, I see you're really DAFT. A serious nutcase and you will never quit showing how f[b]oo[/b]lish and how much of an imp you really are. It's not a must to type on every comment and I said if you need SOURCE, try being one rather than waiting on CNN or AlJazeera and its likes.

Calling blood on the streets and buring house a deliberate attempt to paint Nigeria in a bad light.

May God really punish you. People have been trapped in their house, licking their wounds and cutting their losses as well and you're typing grammar looking for SOURCE. With all the sources shoved in your face for you to confirm, what then will you do? I'm sure shove everything into your "toto" and smile that indeed the story that has been making rounds since morning is true.

People with sticks and Irons in their hands are fake pictures, right? Yet you can see Shekarau's face in the posters on the roundabout in the streets. (Abi na acting or dem draw dem).

Tilapia (fish), you're pathetic!
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
Re: Violence In Kaduna By Buhari/CPC Supporters by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
Basseti:

Ok, let me put it another way. Maybe U will get it now.

The average uneducated hausa man is more "religiously and politically" aware than say the average uneducated Igbo or Yoruba man.

Before U throw your pants on fire, do a little bit of sampling.

WOW!! shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

FG Hands Over 35km Apapa-oworonshoki Expressway To Dangote For Repair / President Buhari Visits Prince Charles In Scotland (Photos) / Obasanjo, Fayemi Meet Governor Wike In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.