Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account (43460 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by able20(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2021
OP you are a greedy boy, you have been sleeping with that girl for ages and you mistakenly paid a token 100k to the daddy's account you are making noise

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by fineguy11(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:

If money enter your account and nobody call you to acknowledge the money..you no go spend am?
in 24 hours ? You are a thief

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by kaboninc(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

Lol. This kine story sef.

My advice, just let it go from your own end. You really need to let it go. Then if your gf family wants to refund, let them do it at their own convenience. That should give you enough info about your prospective inlaws that's if you decide to take the relationship a step further.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by kaboninc(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2021
able20:
OP you are a greedy boy, you have been sleeping with that girl for ages and you mistakenly paid a token 100k to the daddy's account you are making noise

Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by benardtotti(m): 10:43am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

First lesson ; always cross check on any information before doing a transfer even if its 1 naira you wanna send.

2. Never ,ever ask for refund from your inlaw or family ,e get why I talk so.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2021
Okoroawusa:
So you r fvcking someone's daughter and you think that you won't pay one way or the other?

My friend leave that money. You are paying for your consumption
all the Bleep u don Bleep the man daughter. Get some respect guy
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by focus7: 10:43am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

You have to take things easy with that family. You can't blame them for spending the money without verification.

I have people in certain places outside Nigeria that the only way I can initiate communication with them is through WhatsApp and for over two weeks now my WhatsApp has been down and the phone number connecting the WhatsApp is lost, I can't recover until I present a national ID card.

With the situation I narrated above do you expect me to wait until I fix all these things I mentioned above and verify the payment before spending?

You should be the one to be blamed for all the fault. Every bank app will show the name of a transfer beneficiary for verification, you should have checked well before you transfer

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Born2Breed(f): 10:45am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

The man funny nor be small. You saw money in your account and spent it sharperly. grin grin

Let them send the 40k and forget the 60k,unless you nor like the girl.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

Use the money to do good in-law joor grin grin grin

Shalom.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by dy27(m): 10:48am On Apr 03, 2021
Respect yourselves this holiday
If you don't know English, just type "Happy Easter". I don't want to see posts Like "He aroused", "He has arousen", "He's riced", "He roasted from the dead", "He is rising". Someone even posted "He has resigned ". The Worst are the ones posting "Happy Esther"�

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzuqu67r3WI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bignero: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

Well my view willne controversial but here's my take

The girl is a pastors daughter? And you guys are fucking evidently.. Hmm am not perfect, but the parents also know this and thev consented in quite.. Hmm again...

They spent 100k in a day.. Their lying.. A whole clergy, lie so easily, wow..

All in all the whole world is up side down.. If you work in pay stack which i believe is a huge company you'd be be okay eventually working yourself up wont be of any good... I run my own biz, gave out 200k to friends na so so story when it was time to pay.. One paid the other ran.. My business is fine but not very wonderful over the top.. But i havr a subconscious believe ill never be poor and it works for me.. Money is a mind thing.. Las Las if i love some one and they squander my 100k, ill let it go.. But youve seen the integrity of your future in laws.. And how their poverty had made them strip themselves naked..

Las las poverty is disease.. But its not worth working yourself.. Money comes and goes, if you have it in your mind, you can't lack it in your pocket for long..

Buy its sickening how theres seems to be very few people with integrity, pastor and co alike.. I like that part where you mentioned how people blame buhari (and yes hes to blame) but given quarter of the chance theyd do worse.. Thats why this elderly worship im Africa vexes me soo much, their very wicked.. But you have to accept it, because its called respect in useless African tradition

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 03, 2021
Greystone:

Lol. You harsh oh...

cool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by adeskee(m): 10:50am On Apr 03, 2021
PenName55:
I don't think you know what you are doing. What nonsense!
You gave your girlfriend's dad's number to someone. He sent money to him and he spent it and you are here saying rubbish.

Go and arrest him now, sebi the old man entered your account to syphon your money.
Nonsense.

They are even reasonable to be begging you to accept the remaining 40k.

You are even saying it is stealing.
Stealing from where?
Your purse?

Guy you are annoying.

sense dey very far from you Aje
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Ishilove: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2021
Didn't you see the account name before sending to your client? You're as much to blame as them. A thirsty man is given water and you don't expect him to drink? You are very careless.

The family sef na wa o. 60k in a day.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

I disagree.

The daughter shouldn't be punished for the mistakes of her family.

According to the dude, she is broken by what's happened and to me, that's a good sign of a responsible girl.

The daughter is a product of the family, she knows no other way! whether she likes it or not. A good tree does not give bad fruit, a bad tree does not give good fruit. It cannot be helped, it's nature! Feel free to disgagree and discover later in life at your own peril!!!! This is the reason why if your parents are divorced or those around you are divorced, you are likely to see divorce as a way out to your problems and so if you want a stable marraige dont marry a person from a single mother or divorced parents. . Children of the poor tend to themselves be poor and children of the ok tend themselves to be ok no matter how hard they try. Children of single mothers become themselves single parents, children of theives become themselves theives. There is a reason good parents shield their children from wayward relatives/friends........in order not to validate bad behaviour!

All these stuff you say is theory but the reality is we are all a product of our grooming and environment. The same woman who will tell you she comes from a broken family will tell you how she wants to have a stable family because she didnt have one but statistically will end up divorced herself...why? because she doesnt know what it takes to maintain a stable family because she never experienced it and has likely been overcompensated for the lack of a stable home with subtle brainwashing or at the very least an entitlement mentality.

Another example is many poor people experience poverty in their youth and desire to be rich but very very few climb out of poverty...why? because poverty is a mindset and thats the only mindset they know, many do not know what it takes to be rich because theve not acquired a rich mindset and they cant acquire a rich mindset in an environment of poverty.

There are exceptions but dont be deceived, they are rare!!!! 99% of the time, what you know is what you will be!!! This is what the Bible means by the sins of the fathers and why things tend to be generational that we in Africa call generational curses... theres no curse, it's just habits/mentality that have been passed down subconsciously and it's difficult to break because thats who you are!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Chachangi: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2021
This is a matter of mosquito perching and gnawing on your ******. It requires patience,
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by rayblast(m): 10:54am On Apr 03, 2021
u don pay bride price b that go carry ur wife
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Duplexxx: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2021
Why

Olayinka8793:
oh really. Alright sir. No vex.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by KennyFranklin(m): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2021
Kate06:

Man. Most people are happy they found such loyal and honest people and just because of 100k, you can't turn yourself loose & act like a kid.

It has been destined it will happen this way, so let it be and do not disturb the old man and his wife pls.

I want to tell you something today, just pretend as if nothing happen and sow that as a seed, believe me, your next project will be *10 of what you sow. Its working for me because I am also a freelancer.

I have made over #1.2m in 3 months from 2d animations and Website developing. For the custom website development, i am not a pro in that cos it needed coding, so I outsourced at #150, 000.

So, if you are that good, lemme have your contact so if i have my next website development project, i will let you know.

I do give to people as am led to and its unconditionally. Sometimes, when am in a restaurant or grocery, people come to ask for favors and I give. I do see God bless me more after such gestures.

So, leave it that way. Atleast, you can still manage till another income comes in and next time, use your siblings acct instead.

For the 100k, count it as a pride price for your gf.

I'm also a freelancer.. Please, can you send me Msg! I wish to have a conversation with you.. or u can give me your contact..

my email; kardozo111@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:58am On Apr 03, 2021
AishaYesufu:

Having confirmed the legitimacy of the thread, here is my advice.

Kindly demand for the refund of your money but within you be willing to accept what they could offer.

Or

Convert it to debt that they should repay at their convenient time or an agreed period of time. God bless
You are a complete bastard. I thought you wanted to send the 100k to him after your foolish confirmation? but you merely came to give a useless advice that can't get you out of squalor. you are a pure fool, I just hate people like you honestly.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Kaydans(m): 10:59am On Apr 03, 2021
You have paid part of the bride price ����
Count your losses bro..
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by elisho: 10:59am On Apr 03, 2021
my guy advice your self that family are not trust worldly don't go there you will regret it that your girl no what happen is there plan
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Cleanworld(f): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Love still dey shack this one grin grin

My Brother, You can beat yourself and cry as much as you like cry cry crythis is very painful and you made the mistake not them. You can not blame them on how they spent the cash because we all have bills to pay and they must have being praying hard to God for helper hence you are the choosing one.

well joke apart, let them send the remaining N40k and ask your girlfriend to pay as little as she can then source for the remaining balance

Don't make them feel as if they are owing you gbese because i know that their daughter must have giving them full explaination. Assuming you have lost the money and move on, God will surely pay you back 10 folds.

sorry about that

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Lomprico2: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

the fault is solely yours. I don't understand why u are angry with them.
if pesin for abroad promise me money and I get alert from a foreign bank, I will assume it's the money and groove it.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by JeffSiberstein: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2021
If you know say the money you can't let go, no patience, wetin you wan do you never do am because money nor complete, sell her phone, she don give u na, work together buy another one, you buy her or she buys herself a new one, any day money come una use catch cruise, nkwobi or so.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 03, 2021
SmellySperm:
shey someone up there has adviced you to use the money as your bride price already...

she's all yours now bro cheesy
He's not sure he wants to marry her.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by abysirius(m): 11:07am On Apr 03, 2021
You don pay her bride price be that. Na to go take ur wife e remain grin grin grin grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by West2019(m): 11:07am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

if she is your wife to be just clock up ND collect the one that is remaining
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Winbog55: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2021
Go and get a court order[/color]
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by kurlz(f): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2021
grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Sirmikky1(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2021
Congrats man.... bride price off your budget.

Goan do introduction, if you never do am o.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by AerialMapper: 11:09am On Apr 03, 2021
God is telling you something!

Just take it that you have put down deposit for bride price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Guys Deny If You've Never Done This LOVE STUNT Before To A Girl You Love(pic) / Hilarious!!! Seducing A Banker.... My Most Embarrassing Moment. / 5 Habits Of People Who’ll Never Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.