Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,671 members, 7,959,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account (43917 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
crafteck:

U better know what you are doing, date who go fit help your condition
swears cheesy
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by BRATISLAVA: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:

This one you agree with me today..wetin happen..

You stalk me, I stalk you.

For a few minutes we agree. Don't spoil it.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by segun18(m): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
AsherAmari:
Convert it to bride price. Afterall you've been chopping Baba's daughter without dowry. So let baba drink wine small. Lol...

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Godsown0: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
I won't describe them as poor in anyway, but they are definitely at the rough edges. This is why I'm worried they acted this way.

She already told you to sell her phone before she can say that it’s actually their last hope of getting the money so its either you sell the phone to get your money or just count your loss and move on. My gf transferred my last 80k to a wrong account i could not recover the money till date but counted my loss and agreed she has done alot better than that

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by wirinet(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
My brother, I won't! Even if I would, I'll wait a couple of days or call people I know could send it. I have clients who do that sometimes and I always try to find out who sent it and what it's for.
The concept of honesty has is strange in Nigeria. They only understand the concept of unmerrited wealth, blessing alerts and instant riches.

A similar issue happened to me some three weeks back. A customer went to a paga agent to transfer N5,000. The paga agent mistakenly wired N50,000. A few hours later my customer in a frantic call asked me to transfer N45,000 back. I asked for the bank details, and transferred the N45,000 back. I can never imagine coveting money or any other material thing that is not mine.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by israelmao(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
You have paid dowry.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ErnieSmallzz(f): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
Forget they are lowkey theifs ; didn’t they see the name on the sender I’d ?? Or why didn’t they even call their so called friend to thank him before spending the money? Nawa o

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by wirinet(m): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
Godsown0:

She already told you to sell her phone before she can say that it’s actually their last hope of getting the money so its either you sell the phone to get your money or just count your loss and move on. My gf transferred my last 80k to a wrong account i could not recover the money till date but counted my loss and agreed she has done alot better than that
To me it goes beyond the N100k. It goes to the very heart of the type of family you are about to enter. How will you go to their family house and ask for their daughters hand, knowing how shameless they are. I can never respect such a family. I will use that to judge the type of upbringing my intending wife had. It will make me think she had been pretending to be a decent girl all along and would unleash her real self once I say "I do".

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Oloro29(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

Document it as deposit for her bride price
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Ojojoshua15(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tell them to used the money as dowry and payment for bridal list. Then u are fully married to there daughter
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by eteba(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Very simple.....u have paid her bride price in advance.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ImaIma1(f): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:

If money enter your account and nobody call you to acknowledge the money..you no go spend am?

In less than 24hrs when you don't know the source? That's greed. 60k squandered immediately. That was fast.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by hansomb: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:
Use the money as her bride price, shikena grin
Best Advice of the Century. GBAM
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by HRMK: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
u first need to admit its ur fault!its even abt ur girlfriend and the parents,which means u must take it easy!collect it back in any way they can afford!even if by #1k...#1k!if in a hurry to recoup,u sell her phone even though it wont be in ur own best interest!!
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by hansomb: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
You have two options 1 your girlfriend + a future wife OR 2 your money + Bachelorhood.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by emmyN(m): 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Like I earlier stated, I'm disappointed but at the same time their is almost nothing I can do. So for now, I'll have to play the waiting card, all my beneficiaries are family members but after what happened I quickly deleted her dads account number so I'm sure I won't make that mistake again.

AGAIN, have a lot of projects at hand and needed some funds to keeps things rolling until I'm done with them. I try not to take too much so I'm not tied up and burnt out, but as this happened I'll probably take up more offers than I should which isn't good. I could let it go, cause from the look of things they know I can't force them or u shouldn't force them since I'm serious with their daughter. But what they don't know is their daughter is broken, not only is she disappointed she feels embarrassed by their actions. I know this because I'm very close to her, all she's thinking about now is how to repay the money even though I won't let her go through the hustle right now.

In all these ave come to the conclusion that humans are humans, we blame politicians but if given the same opportunity we will most likely do worse. As terrible as it sounds, I'll never trust them with money again, not now not ever. I've also conclude the money is lost, so when she talks about it and say they will pay back, I just tell her if and when they do she should let me know. But she shouldn't say they will or try to make me believe they will because it will only make me feel worse if they don't.

I'll just manage what I have for now, Easter flexing was almost guaranteed but now ave lost the mood for that completely.

You are a nice person.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by wirinet(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:
Use the money as her bride price, shikena grin
Bad idea. They will increase the bride price by N100,000 during negotiations, as bride price is not fixed by according to how rich they think you are. They might even ask for much more if they think that the N100k means nothing to you.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by omoadeleye(m): 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

Mehn, that man is a useless man... He thought he had played smart and needs to be arrested. How can he quickly spent that huge within 24 hours? Like, he went to bank to que for some hours then they went to market and start doing 5 minutes timer shopping mmm.. No wonder that they're not progressing in that family.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by DaRuud(m): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2021
Just thread softly and wisely ,

grossintel:

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by LaJoe2: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ask him to return it now, it was a mistake
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Sixfeetbelle: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

You make it sound like they purposely spent money they didn't know the source but I think you're looking at this issue from only one view. Let me give you other views.

1) If the alert came in form of SMS, it wouldn't state clearly who the money is from. Same way, if the money is from someone and they're expecting money from someone, it's easier to mistake the two. It doesn't matter how much they spent it or that they spent it even. My dad calls me sometimes to handle his transactions for him. That's what pensioners are like. They don't crosscheck bank transactions as critically as younger generations do.

2) The mistake of the transfer is from you and you only and you need to understand that before throwing blame on other people. You took the account number yourself. You sent the money yourself, and though you claim you didn't verify the beneficiary, I find this rather hard to believe. My app verifies names before you can send money. Always. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Since the negligence came from you, now imagine if the money had entered into a stranger's account, what would have been your line of action? Harrass them for a mistake you made or beg that they return the money? Get angry and distrustful at the person for a mistake you made or pray and be hopeful they send the money back? The reason you're acting this way is because you know the person the money went to, so you're flexing muscles and calling them distrustful and lacking in integrity.

I would have advised you on what to do, but I think I should leave my advise for your girlfriend and her family instead. She should find a way to pay you back your money and then end things with you. Save her family's integrity from an arrogant man. People like you are very condencending in real life and she'd be a fool to continue anything with you.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by dochenaj: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
There is nothing hidden about the business, he used to be my Sisters Boss in the office. He needed a web developer and she recommended me but told him I was working with Paystack. I delivered an excellent job and host their company website and app. She's in the US now so we deal directly now, this is why I didn't want to use my account because my sister insisted I never use mine.
So the money came from the US. No wonder the man thought it was his friend in the US that sent the money.

It is an honest mistake and the man is not denying receiving the money, and involving the police is a bad move. The police will collect at least 40k of the recovered money. Would you rather strangers get 40k than your in-laws to be get 60k.

Act like you believe them that they still have 40k remaining, let them send it on Tuesday and if they send the remaining, good if not then you gave your in-laws to be 60k as Easter gift.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Blackdisciple(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Haba within 24hrs 100k don varnish.
Na wa ooo.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Sixfeetbelle: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
ImaIma1:

In less than 24hrs when you don't know the source? That's greed. 60k squandered immediately. That was fast.

It's not greed. You're saying that because you're viewing this from one angle but I'll show you another angle to thing.

Two months ago, my mom asked me to transfer money to a man who did manual work for her. Normally, once I do the transfer, the receiver gets it immediately, but that day in particular, network was from the devil. The man called almost every hour wanting to know what was holding the money. Something I started trying around 11am was finally sent around 7pm. Now imagine if sometime in the afternoon, a mistake transfer had entered the man's account and he assumed it was from me. Would you say he's greedy for spending money he was already expecting?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by CELEBRITIZ(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
PenName55:
I don't think you know what you are doing. What nonsense!
You gave your girlfriend's dad's number to someone. He sent money to him and he spent it and you are here saying rubbish.

Go and arrest him now, sebi the old man entered your account to syphon your money.
Nonsense.

They are even reasonable to be begging you to accept the remaining 40k.

You are even saying it is stealing.
Stealing from where?
Your purse?

Guy you are annoying.

That guy is a fool. I'm pretty sure he is immatured. What nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ityP(m): 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
greenmonk:

What if the friend overseas had promised to send the money through a friend and the next moment your client money land in the account.
But OP how many times have you knocked that your girlfriend?.
Count that money as compensation to her father for all the knacks not paid for.

He told you his girlfriend is a prostitute who sleeps with him for money? Una go open mouth dey talk nonsense for this nairaland
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Fhowe: 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
wirinet:

To me it goes beyond the N100k. It goes to the very heart of the type of family you are about to enter. How will you go to their family house and ask for their daughters hand, knowing how shameless they are. I can never respect such a family. I will use that to judge the type of upbringing my intending wife had. It will make me think she had been pretending to be a decent girl all along and would unleash her real self once I say "I do".
you took the words out of my mouth ,op i think you need to re-evaluate your relationship .Do you want to end up with such a shameless family ? they spent 60k out of your business money mistakenly paid into their account instead of them to look for all means to refund your money ,they rather choose to manipulate you .A family with 4 elderly people that cant raise 60k urgently to cover their shame says a lot (they must be very dubious people hence no one will lend them ) .Oga op don't ignore these early signs before it will end in premium tears.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ityP(m): 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You make it sound like they purposely spent money they didn't know the source but I think you're looking at this issue from only one view. Let me give you other views.

1) If the alert came in form of SMS, it wouldn't state clearly who the money is from. Same way, if the money is from someone and they're expecting money from someone, it's easier to mistake the two. It doesn't matter how much they spent it or that they spent it even. My dad calls me sometimes to handle his transactions for him. That's what pensioners are like. They don't crosscheck bank transactions as critically as younger generations do.

2) The mistake of the transfer is from you and you only and you need to understand that before throwing blame on other people. You took the account number yourself. You sent the money yourself, and though you claim you didn't verify the beneficiary, I find this rather hard to believe. My app verifies names before you can send money. Always. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Since the negligence came from you, now imagine if the money had entered into a stranger's account, what would have been your line of action? Harrass them for a mistake you made or beg that they return the money? Get angry and distrustful at the person for a mistake you made or pray and be hopeful they send the money back? The reason you're acting this way is because you know the person the money went to, so you're flexing muscles and calling them distrustful and lacking in integrity.

I would have advised you on what to do, but I think I should leave my advise for your girlfriend and her family instead. She should find a way to pay you back your money and then end things with you. Save her family's integrity from an arrogant man. People like you are very condencending in real life and she'd be a fool to continue anything with you.

Omo. Craze don do you. Make bank do mistake transfer money inside your account, then eat the money and see if you no go go jail. Na thieves full this country aswear

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ityP(m): 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

It's not greed. You're saying that because you're viewing this from one angle but I'll show you another angle to thing.

Two months ago, my mom asked me to transfer money to a man who did manual work for her. Normally, once I do the transfer, the receiver gets it immediately, but that day in particular, network was from the devil. The man called almost every hour wanting to know what was holding the money. Something I started trying around 11am was finally sent around 7pm. Now imagine if sometime in the afternoon, a mistake transfer had entered the man's account and he assumed it was from me. Would you say he's greedy for spending money he was already expecting?

Normal people place a call of thanks/acknowledgement for money received before they even begin spending. Makes me wonder if you normal

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Sixfeetbelle: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
ityP:

Omo. Craze don do you. Make bank do mistake transfer money inside your account, then eat the money and see if you no go go jail. Na thieves full this country aswear

Bank or individual?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ityP(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Bank or individual?

Oh, so you can ask this? What's the difference really? As long as you no enter the bank thief the money, why should you bother?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Sixfeetbelle: 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
ityP:

Oh, so you can ask this? What's the difference really? As long as you no enter the bank thief the money, why should you bother?

The case here is from an individual. Your comment is from a bank. They are two different scenarios and would be handled differently.

As for the guy, he has to talk to the bank, who will now reach out to me and ask me to return the money and I will accept to return it when I can. The much the bank can do is to block my account, nothing else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

8 Female Behaviours That Annoy Men / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / My Neighbour Doesnt Want To Date Anyone Because Of Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.