Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account (43374 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2021
icankel:
Guy are u ok? they were on there own u sent them 100k and u want to call police for them. they have no business calling u or even begging u, ur girl must be passionate woman for showing remorse. Had it been is an unusual girl she may even be d one to report u then u tell police reason u dint use ur account. just hope and pray they raise d money anytime if not just forget it

U made sense
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Giftexx: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2021
if u can’t afford to part with 100k, then sell her fone. Stop embarrassing urself by refusing to pick their call...
na wao..
grossintel:
I won't describe them as poor in anyway, but they are definitely at the rough edges. This is why I'm worried they acted this way.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by sophiebest1: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2021
i will adivce you to trade carefully her father made a mistake you should not make a bigger one money is not everything

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Riversstate: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2021
Has this happened before? No

So don't jeopardize your relationship because of 100k.

Yes it was your mistake and again their mistake to have quickly spent such money fast fast.

Look for an alternative, raise the money and move on with the project while you give them time to raise what they can raise.

Don't active like a street boy because of 100k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2021
isthatso:

Biggest mistake he can ever make is to marry into that family. they have already shown they have no integrity, self worth or pride!!!!

I disagree.

The daughter shouldn't be punished for the mistakes of her family.

According to the dude, she is broken by what's happened and to me, that's a good sign of a responsible girl.

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by JustforMen: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2021
collect your money from Daddy otherwise, collect it from his daughters kitten... after all na your in-law!
grin grin grin grin

I am just kidding, bro.
manage this affair carefully as the stakeholders are almost family.
Good luck.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
OP, the old guy should be grateful to you for the kind gesture...

You just made his Easter 100k better.

Talk about putting a smile on someone's face to celebrate the risen Christmas. cool
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Teejay13(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
Is definitely a pay back for what you have been enjoying.

Baba decided to take advantage lol
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by emmnprince(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
jagorinho:

you are actually right!!! the people involved might not be Yorubas, my initial submission was just because of similar scenarios I have seen in yorubaland.
I recommended amotekun because police will turn him to a walking ATM, after he eventually get his money back, police charges will nearly take 40- 50 %

Be like you stand gidigbam to take all the bashings, attack, weapons of mass destruction, cussing words, and the likes, from our NL tribal warriors and militants. Abi?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Alayiwola: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
Remember God can Bless Anybody ,Don't shame them because they spend your money.
It's a test for you.You said the Mother is a Pastor and father a Deacon,why will they spend the money they find in there account without knowing the source.and you point out they are broke.they use it to buy food stuff.To me they did noting really wrong. And they are actually good people with integrity.Know that Jacob (Isreal) went to slavery (Egypt) because of Corn.
I pray God bless them to REFUND you

grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bluefilm: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

Story for the gods.

So your girlfriend's father cannot recognize your name even though you have been fucking_ dating the girl for long? Even her mom too couldn't recognize the name abi? And the man sef no come remember the exact names of his so called friend from abroad before he started spending the money shaperly?

Mtchew.

Tell me another story.

It's either the man is a guyman or you think you are decieving children here with your made up story.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by miqos02(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Sadly it's the only reality I'm faced with right now. I'm pained but ave learnt an expensive lesson.
bro forget the money if you don't want the issue to affect your relationship.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Really? What happened to integrity? A good name is better than riches? I understand the temptation was real but I'm highly disappointed. Even if you are going to use money you're not sure of the source, why not make some calls or wait a couple of days!

How do they make calls or wait some days before spending money. You sent old people money and you want them to make some calls.
May be they were even waiting for the person that sent it to make a call asking them if they have seen the transfer. It is Easter time and everyone is sending their loved ones money. They could have thought it was one of their well-wishers that sent it.

May God continue to bless them for not wasting time to spend it. It shows they were expecting a miracle and immediately it happened they went into action.

Happy Easter grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Elzakzaky: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

They don collect dowry be that.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Brainyman077: 10:31am On Apr 03, 2021
LadySarah:
It is from little things that integrity is tasted.moreso being a clergyman,he should have verified who sent the money.

I once was paid double salary,i waited and no debit,i escalated the issue as much as i could but interestly majority advised me to chop and clean month as per national cake..The entire 4 mths it took for the money to be retrieved,i wasnt at peace.

Anyone supporting them has a big problem.Its nothing until it happens to you and you are in dire need of that fund right away.

Best talk so far. I hail you.
I think when people hear of pastor they loose their minds. In as much as the op made mistake with the transaction, these people should have checked before spending the money. In the UK, you spend money that does not belong to you, you are done.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Originalsly: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2021
Bro.... this is the beginning of the end of your relationship. It was for you to humbly accept the N40K remaining and count the N60K as a loss due to your negligence. If they offer to repay... fine.... but it is sooo wrong for you to demand repayment and set a time limit from your intended in laws that are financially strapped. They will repay you.... but they will never accept you as part of the family.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Noblewealth(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:
You have made the mistake..live with it..police no go listen to you unless you wan waste more money..next time you go shine your eyes well..na you know the hidden business you dey do with your clients wey you no wan use your account..

He said he needs matured advice not blame ,reality dawn on him when he realized he has done a mistake instead you wrote nonsense.. I don't know why some people don't think before typing.. one might decide to use anyone's(trusted) account on the reason best known to them...

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2021
This best for you at this moment is for you to count your loss & move on .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by extol1(m): 10:33am On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:

If money enter your account and nobody call you to acknowledge the money..you no go spend am?
please don't mind the guy, he said things are rough for them at the moment and someone sent that kind of money when the family is starving and he expect them not to spent it. in this case, the man is not at fault, even he tell the police.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2021
Congratulations, you've just paid your girlfriend's dowry ! She is now officially your wife. Happy married life !
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by firstratedcitiz(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2021
You've just paid the bride price in advance, man.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by luminouz(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2021
Huge lies. undecided

Very gross Intel!!! grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by jagorinho: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2021
emmnprince:

Be like you stand gidigbam to take all the bashings, attack, weapons of mass destruction, cussing words, and the likes, from our NL tribal warriors and militants. Abi?
lol, I am a full blooded Yoruba, my submission is just a simple summary of similar scenarios of what O.P experienced.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Monday60655(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2021
You know that you're not into legal business. First of all, the police will investigate that suspicious business you're doing which you don't want to use your own account.
Secondly, you said she is your girl friend ryt, so have you been paying for all her sex prowess?
Those of her parents you said that are begging you are so kind people, if not you don't have any face to take any legal action against them. Let me leave the rest for another day, if not I would have go on.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by pek(m): 10:36am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel
You want to involve the police? For what exactly? The same thing they told you is what the police will say; give them time to pay up. BTW, you kept writing he's instead of his. Don't you know the difference?

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Olayinka8793(m): 10:36am On Apr 03, 2021
Duplexxx:
You're wrong or you don't see on my profile that I don't read emails

[

quote author=Olayinka8793 post=100444650]I am not the OP sir, I am a separate person. I just sent you an email for a different reason.
oh really. Alright sir. No vex.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by nedekid: 10:38am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Really? What happened to integrity? A good name is better than riches? I understand the temptation was real but I'm highly disappointed. Even if you are going to use money you're not sure of the source, why not make some calls or wait a couple of days!
Abi, unless the baba was owing with that account and a direct debit occurred immediately money hit the account.
(at least it ould have made more sense to use as excuse).
Meanwhile I doubt if any loan company will loan a retiree without pension.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by slimman007: 10:39am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Like I earlier stated, I'm disappointed but at the same time their is almost nothing I can do. So for now, I'll have to play the waiting card, all my beneficiaries are family members but after what happened I quickly deleted her dads account number so I'm sure I won't make that mistake again.

AGAIN, have a lot of projects at hand and needed some funds to keeps things rolling until I'm done with them. I try not to take too much so I'm not tied up and burnt out, but as this happened I'll probably take up more offers than I should which isn't good. I could let it go, cause from the look of things they know I can't force them or u shouldn't force them since I'm serious with their daughter. But what they don't know is their daughter is broken, not only is she disappointed she feels embarrassed by their actions. I know this because I'm very close to her, all she's thinking about now is how to repay the money even though I won't let her go through the hustle right now.

In all these ave come to the conclusion that humans are humans, we blame politicians but if given the same opportunity we will most likely do worse. As terrible as it sounds, I'll never trust them with money again, not now not ever. I've also conclude the money is lost, so when she talks about it and say they will pay back, I just tell her if and when they do she should let me know. But she shouldn't say they will or try to make me believe they will because it will only make me feel worse if they don't.

I'll just manage what I have for now, Easter flexing was almost guaranteed but now ave lost the mood for that completely.

My problem with all that plays out now is will the girl family allows you to marry their daughter since you are serious in settling down with her won't they have reservation about you because I am so sure the news would have gone around the family especially your initial attitude towards them to refund the money.Won't they say because of 100,000 you behave this way to them that you won't marry their daughter.Believe it or not their is crack in this relationship between you and her family member.God grant you wisdom to handle this amicably
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by oluwasegun007(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2021
No issues...

Bride pride is N100k less.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by MAKABBEY(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2021
Kate06:

Man. Most people are happy they found such loyal and honest people and just because of 100k, you can't turn yourself loose & act like a kid.

It has been destined it will happen this way, so let it be and do not disturb the old man and his wife pls.

I want to tell you something today, just pretend as if nothing happen and sow that as a seed, believe me, your next project will be *10 of what you sow. Its working for me because I am also a freelancer.

I have made over #1.2m in 3 months from 2d animations and Website developing. For the custom website development, i am not a pro in that cos it needed coding, so I outsourced at #150, 000.

So, if you are that good, lemme have your contact so if i have my next website development project, i will let you know.

I do give to people as am led to and its unconditionally. Sometimes, when am in a restaurant or grocery, people come to ask for favors and I give. I do see God bless me more after such gestures.

So, leave it that way. Atleast, you can still manage till another income comes in and next time, use your siblings acct instead.

For the 100k, count it as a pride price for your gf.

Bro I will like to learn more on website development and animation. I have messaged you
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by MrCover: 10:41am On Apr 03, 2021
Use the money and marry her immediately
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
I won't describe them as poor in anyway, but they are definitely at the rough edges. This is why I'm worried they acted this way.
You bleeped up to by collecting account number without verification

Like how many minutes does it take?

Your girlfriend family are also thieves, they actually knew the money was by mistake that's why they rushed to spend it

Right now just deal with the loss, no other way out unless you want to crash ties and tense them with police

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Wonders Of A Typical Nigerian Girl / Sex On The First Date Doesn’t Make You Cheap – Twitter User (photos) / Young Lady Marries Old Man In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.