Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards (35308 Views)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Zagadonchairman(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2021
Sometimes you have to check the facts. He/She might be the teacher and have seen what the pupils will be based on been his teacher.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Kobicove(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:
I wonder the kind of people establishing schools nowdays, for you to be a proprietor or proprietress of a school you need to have studied EDUCATION in school so as to have the clear understanding of how to handle your school and the entire staff.

My friend made some comment on some of his students report card and he is in trouble now.
These are some of the comments:
"He is not active in class"
"She keeps gang in the school"
"He is a truant."
"She is rude and not respectful",
those are some of the comment he made, and the proprietor told him to go and apologize to the parent for the comment made on their children's result, the guy has refused and has been fired for nt apologizing.

Whats your opinion on this?
did you get any comment that made your parent to be mad at you while in secondary school?

So long as the comments he made were factual he should not apologize!
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by BigYash: 7:53am On Apr 27, 2021
This same people saying the teacher should cover the truth,will come and tell you the child is bad when he becomes a bad leader tomorrow. What is the present day world turning into? I pity the next generation, to see that parents even encourage their children doing shit these days. Make the guy go find another job.. e no go pass 15k wen dem dey pay am before. To me,he did well by commenting the truth and with the exact words,and not going indirectly..

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by bastardmod: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If a student stole the teacher’s handset, the best way to let the parent be aware is through summoning the parents to the school or sending the message to the parents to get them informed. Not through the report card

If any Teacher has any resentment for a student, it is better for the teacher to make a comment on the report card solely on academic performance of the student and leave the personality alone.
Chai see those training kids to be boko

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by lekki1444: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2021
that teacher is a typical nigerian. oversabi and eye service has destroyed their life. even security guard in mall will be trying to assert his authority. why do you feel the need to write such rubbish on someones report card ? report card is for academic assessment not behavioural assessment. typical nigerian i too know full of ego and pride. and to top it off he failed to apologise. he needs to be fired and caned 24 strokes for being a stupid teacher angry

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by DesChyko: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

Apologize on top 16k
#200 transport everyday

His salary and his expenses have no connection to the topic at hand.
He made a derogatory comment at a child and disobeyed a direct order from his superior. That's why he was sacked.
Even if you want to go into details, this salary/expense talk won't count.
I thought you genuinely sought opinions but it's like you're seeking justification instead. grin
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by content208: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If a student stole the teacher’s handset, the best way to let the parent be aware is through summoning the parents to the school or sending the message to the parents to get them informed. Not through the report card

If any Teacher has any resentment for a student, it is better for the teacher to make a comment on the report card solely on academic performance of the student and leave the personality alone.

There is a reason it is called a report card

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Amotolongbo(f): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2021
content208:

If that's how he behaves, yes, it should be written there.

Do you want to be deceived about the behaviour of your wards?

If your ward is a truant, do you want the teacher to tell you the truth or lie to you?

What kind of parent are you? One that likes or hates the truth?

You aren't different from the cursed politicians we have around; they prefer those who will tell them sweet lies about the real situation of things.
shallow reasoning and backward mentality.

If you are a reasonable parent, you will understand that visiting the school and seeing your child’s teacher is the best way to know your child and not waiting for the report card comment
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by AHCB: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2021
chatinent:
Yes, there should be discretion.

I still see nothing wrong in saying the truth.
there's no such thing as the truth in what that teacher wrote. All he wrote point back at him at being a lousy and bad teacher.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Foodqueen(f): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2021
Schools these days are for personal interest.

Imagine a glass of 15 and all students came out with first position. The parents wouldn't have know if they weren't discussing their children's achievement during the school party.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2021
This is exactly why Nigeria is where it is. Parents are raising touts. And they don't want to be called out because they are paying school fees. Every one wants to be above the law. Nice going guys. You have raised another useless generation

5 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Beedude(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

lets call a spade a spade... The teachers are more closer to the student more than the parent.
Such comment is unacceptable on a report card.

There are many ways/channels u can pass your message to a parent without making the report card unpresentable.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by AHCB: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:

If you are a reasonable parent, you will understand that visiting the school and seeing your child’s teacher is the best way to know your child and not waiting for the report card comment
visiting during Open Day you mean?
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Kobicove(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:
These comments are nonsense and unnecessary.

Can he also allow this kinda comment to be written on his own card?

Private schools are the proprietors’ business and no one will stand watching and allow his business to be spoilt by a silly person.

The school has principal and proprietor. If any student is rude or disrespectful, why not reporting the student to the proprietor or teacher who will find a way of reaching out to the parent?

Pass the right and truthful comment on the academic performance of the student and leave the moral part for the principal to handle

This kinda silly comment can have a way of affecting the students’ future if one is not careful.
Which employer will see this kind of report card later in the future and employ the child having such comment by his/her class teacher?

That's why it's called a report card, it is used to give an objective report on the conduct of the pupil while in school!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

not to the extent of telling him to go and apologize to the parent, what kind of comment would you give a student that stole his teacher's handset?

I don't support that. The management should apologize to the parent on behalf of the teacher and the school.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by DesChyko: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2021
lekki1444:
..Report card is for academic assessment not behavioural assessment.

In my opinion, the report card is for both. The Class Teacher who is closer to the ward makes comment on behavioural assessment while the Principal by comparison of the ward's performance over 2/3 terms makes comment on academic performance.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by AHCB: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2021
Foodqueen:
Schools these days are for personal interest.

Imagine a glass of 15 and all students came out in first position. The parents wouldn't have know if they weren't discussing their children's achievement during the school party.
well I believe that's why the parents are paying money. Lol.

But education these days is now an aberration. Sometimes I cringe at what I see and hear.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by tonix88: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:
I don't think your friend meant any harm. Besides, the comment section is there to be used for all sorts of feedbacks, good or bad. But then again, his choice of words aren't exactly the best. He wrote as if he was talking about some boys he met on the street and not his own students whose well-being really matters to him. Next time, let him make the message more personal (by using the kid's name and using expressions in place of single nouns). And most importantly, he shouldn't define any kid by the flaws shown within the report period (I think this is the most glaring fault here). Instead, he should make it clear the flaws are periodic too.

For example, the comment, "he is a truant" makes it seem as if you're calling the kid names. It's as if the teacher has already given up on the child. The same comment could be written as "Eric has missed classes a couple of times this term without permission and this has affected her performance negatively". It still means the same thing but significantly better. Using his name shows connection; specifying the period shows it's a moment in the kid's life and not who he is; using the expression "missed classes without permission" in place of "truant" shows respect for the kid and his parents; adding the effect of the truancy shows concern

Let's not forget parents send thier kids to school to correct these things and not just to observe them and give reports.

You have spoken soundly.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by AroOkigbo(m): 7:58am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:

A report is usually on learning and CHARACTER.

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:58am On Apr 27, 2021
officialmario:

my own report card is even worst than this when i was in SS2, my class teacher wrote bad comment on my report card just because i always skip maths, agric and biology class, my father scolded me and i turn a new leaf... You dont cover student just to seek the favour of the parent. Thats nonsense.

Private school owners are in it for the money, customer is king

1 Like

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by angelfallz(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2021
the question should be, "are the comments true?", "do comments reflect the behaviour of my son/daughter in school?" Not this self righteous question you are asking and the first comment you made about private schools being a business.

No wonder more and more children are becoming devious, parents don't want to hear the truth about what their kids are up to in school. Like you, they would rather prefer lies. Its a shame!

Amotolongbo:
Can you allow this kinda “truth” be written in your ward’s report card?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by DesChyko: 7:59am On Apr 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I don't support that. The management should apologize to the parent on behalf of the teacher and the school.

This is usually the practice. I'm almost sure the management would have done so when the complaint came up. But I think the teacher should apologize too. So that there won't be bad blood between the teacher and ward/parents. Claims of victimization can easily come up if the bad blood isn't cleared.
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:59am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Private schools are the proprietors’ business and no one will stand watching and allow his business to be spoilt by a silly person.

The school has principal and proprietor. If any student is rude or disrespectful, why not reporting the student to the proprietor or teacher who will find a way of reaching out to the parent?

Pass the right and truthful comment on the academic performance of the student and leave the moral part for the principal to handle

This kinda silly comment can have a way of affecting the students’ future if one is not careful.
Which employer will see this kind of report card later in the future and employ the child having such comment by his/her class teacher?

From the above, then the principal has to be sack too because the principal's comments comes after the class teacher's comment. He/she must have noticed those comments.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by content208: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Be reasonable for once. You leave home 4am to beat traffic and couldn't make it back home until 10pm.

So, ask yourself, Mr unshallow reasoner with forward mentality, how such a parent will have time to visit the child at school.

If your child is bad, don't seek to cover it up. Let it be reported so that you can know and discipline him adequately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by lekki1444: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2021
DesChyko:

In my opinion, the report card is for both. The Class Teacher who is closer to the ward makes comment on behavioural assessment while the Principal by comparison of the ward's performance over 2/3 terms makes comment on academic performance.
i am happy you said in your opinion because thats your opinion. in all the civilized first world countries of the world report card is for academic not behavorial assessment
you write stuff like

he needs improvement in algebra
his grasp of BODMAS is very strong
etc etc
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by Dchair2: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2021
Amotolongbo:

that's the reason you have the kind of society we live in today!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2021
laplace12:

Apologizing to parents was a grace given to him. He deserved outright sack.

It is an Institution, the school should apologize and not the teacher.

Verbal and written apology to be signed by the head of school
Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by winner37(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2021
What am seeing there is that ,what the teacher did is right by making the parents of the children to know what their children are doing in school.

But some people are shy from telling the truth

2 Likes

Re: He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards by angelfallz(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2021
it is shocking!! See the number of people condemning the man for saying the truth.

pek:
Report card. Says it all. Our moral standing started failing when we decided turning blind eyes to immoralities and bad behaviours. A good parent will be happy to see his son's bad behaviour exposed. I remember my class teacher's comment close to forty years. It made me a better person.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jambites Drop Your Reg Number Amd Lets Check Where U Have Been Posted To. / Friends Pour Water On A Lady As She Graduates (Photos) / Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.