Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes (18326 Views)

What If Southsouth Does Not Give Southeast Sea Access If Nigeria Divide? / Aisha Buhari: Mamman Daura’s Family Denied Me Access Because Buhari Sacked Him / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Eastlink(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2021
Elliot2:
Did you know that Adaka Boro was equally hated by his own people for oppressing them? In fact, his own father laid a curse on him. Adaka borrow killed a lot of ijaw men suspected of supporting Biafra. Adaka borrow was not a saint himself. And again, ijaw people killed a lot of Biafrans too, especially Adaka boro. Also, a lot of Biafran soldiers were drowned in the rivers by ijaws who were ferrying them across communities, they purposely capsized the boats. It was war, and a lot of atrocities happen on both sides.
God bless you. The Ijaws from Bayelsa killed a lot of people in Bonny, Opobo, Kalabari, Okrika, Ogoni who supported Biafra.

To the extent the Amanayabo of Nembe, Bonny, Opobo, Buguma, etc had to flee to the himterland to avoid being killed by Boro’s 15th Brigade. Asari Dokubo once said some of his Uncle’s were killed by Boro’s soldiers. Do we talk about the Ogoni’s who Boro in connivance with Saro-Wiwa killed most of their sons who supported Biafra. The Kobani family were nearly wiped out by the dreaded Isaac Boro. Even the Amanayabo of Opobo had to run to Amaigbo to avoid being killed as well. Infact, any family or village that were in support of the Biafran army were marked for extermination. The Jaja’s had lot of able-bodies youths shot at close range.

The Ijaws always want to talk about their plight during the civil war, but if others begin to talk about the mass killing of Boro 15 Brigade made up of Ijaws from Bayelsa/Delta, Nairaland won't contain anybody.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by B2mario(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2021
richmond500:
really do not care who u go with.
There is no igbophobia, u should ask ur parents what Igbo's did to the minorities during civil war, no way will the minorities join u, what am I even saying, u don't have the guts to take even a plot of land from SS if the country breaks
So it's no longer during the eastern region government?

Igbos did not do you anything rather you were the ones that betrayed the Igbos and massacre them in Bonny, leaked their secret to federal troops. Connived with federal government to ceased their properties in portharcourt and carved their lands into your Rivers state which you are suffering the repercussions today and many more still to come

When you were telling federal government to carved lands from old Imo state into Rivers state and was telling them that they are no longer Igbos but Rivers people and encouraging the Ikwerres to deny their Igbo identity you did not foresee what is happening today. You claim the majority in Rivers state while Ikwerres with 4LGAs are ruling you and will continue to rule.

It's very pity when people fail to learn from their past and history or even try to twist the history. They will continue to be making the same mistake. Your Isaac Adaka Boro was supported majorly by the Igbos to become the SUG president of UNN and only good thing he can do for the Igbos is to fight against them. He declared Niger Delta republic when he knew there was serious controversy in Nigeria and Ironsi was under Suspense. And had it been Ironsi allowed him it will be interpreted that Ironsi allowed him because both of them were from the east when there is already speculations that Ironsi government favoured only people of eastern extraction.

Even if it was your GEJ was there and you declare Niger Delta republic he will do more than Ironsi. When MASSOB wanted to raise biafran flag in Owerri they were crushed and killed by Obasanjo a southern man and we are not holding that action against the Yorubas, when chief Onwuka's Biafran Zionist Movement wanted to take over Enugu radio station and announce the declaration of Biafra independence they were crushed by the same Goodluck Ebele Jonathan they saw as their own and were jailed (this is why his group hates GEJ) and Igbos did not used that action of GEJ against the ijaws or fail to vote him in 2015. Most of the problems we are facing under the present regime is because of GEJ.

No seating president or governor will allow his people to destroy what he has sworn to defend. Check Rivers and Imo states today, Wike and Uzodimma invited army to crush his people who are agitating for biafra republic which is too bad but they are trying to defend what they've sworn to protect.

You ijaws are evil and that is why you are twisting history to favour you. Because our son, Ironsi crushed Adaka Boro's dream of Niger Delta republic that's why you supported the federal government to starve and murder over 3million biafran children through food blockage. You see how evil you are. But your GEJ crushed Onwuka BZM and killed some of his men and Igbos still supported him against Buhari and did not use his action against him and his ijaw people.

So answer me both the Igbos and the ijaws who are free minded? I pity those Igbos that wish you to be part of Biafra. Is like they have not consulted history. You people are very wicked, envious, jealous and very hard to satisfy. You can deny and betray them tomorrow or allow their enemy to penetrate their land through your land. Besides, it was Igbo and Ibibio forefathers that gave you your present land because they saw the land as useless being swampy and waterlogged when your fathers came as canoe sailors from sierra Leone and Gabon.

It's time that will tell. You evil will consume you one day. This life is rotatory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by FreeIgbos: 3:20pm On May 17, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
where is the igbo warlord ikondo or what they called him? they butchered him like malou.

You're just a minority and that is why abo.ki will seize your oil resources and employ your people as mai guard to be roaming around the bushes in the name of pipeline protection. odi was raised to dust and everyone wiped out yet nothing happened shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Tobrasky: 3:27pm On May 17, 2021
PHijo:

[s]Being the dumbo that you are, you don't even know who is Ijaw or isn't. I won't dignify a commodity like you that is worth a matchbox pack of snuff with intellectually challenging responses.

The fact that an Asian detention facility his more homely to you Igbos than your red mud homeland should show you between Ijaws and Igbo who the cursed people are.

Ijaw people are chanting asawana while Igbo IPOB pigs are chanting Biafra or death and are being made die after being made to drink the filth of your dirty urban slums you call cities.

The irony is that Igbo are busy dying to be named after an Ijaw waterbody that has since being renamed.

Always dying to be associated with Ijaw people!

If the monkeys from Ijawland are being sort for employment and Igbo humans are competing for jobs with our monkeys it just tells how low you guys are.

It is not a new thing for you Igbos to come and slave in our place. Your great grandfathers did in the past, you are doing it now.

Neither the Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba or any other group in Nigeria is better off with all they stole. Nigeria has remained a failed state and her people are treated as pariah all over the world[/s].
Honestly under very normal circumstances, I wouldn't even be engaging an absolute inferior Ijo subhuman like yourself, it's a disservice to everything I hold sacred including my precious time. So Ijo sewage rat consider yourself even lucky say I dey even give you audience. Like I told you earlier, I couldn't give a care in the world who is Ijo or not, you savages don't even have the brains and ability to organize a proto-language of your own as your people speak different languages that are not even mutually intelligible; goes to show your ancestors were just uncivilized apes who couldn't come together to evolve a language, culture and identity of their own, they were just mere inferiors who spent the better of their dark ages spear hunting fishes in the creeks and chasing each other around naked.

The Asian prison facilities you keep yapping about don't represent the Igbo nation, those Igbos in Asian prisons are the cast-aways who only answer to themselves and their crimes, they even those cast-aways are far more superior to the very best the whole Ijo sewage creek-dwelling nation can offer, I'm sure your wretched fathers, mothers and sisters will roll out a red carpet and beat drums in celebration for those Igbos in those Asian prisons cause they can definitely buy up the whole of Ijo land with extra change left to last several more pathetic generations of Ijo bastards grin, the bottom barrel worst of Igboland is FAR FAR FAR better than the best you apes can ever offer.

Bros, you apes have been shouting asawana since 1900 yet we've continued to rape you subhumans off all your "oyel", we own oyel blocks and we have taken all the best jobs in your oil companies while we contract you be our security guards, we send you like a pack of brainless zombies to blow up oil pipelines to sabotage your own region and earn your usual peanut cuts, we toxify your air with polluted gas flares so that you apes inhale enough lungfuls of polluted air and further lose your brain cells, we pollute your waters and make sure your IGR keeps reflecting very low figures despite the giant allocations been given to you, we give you a meager 15% derivative from your oyel resources and deny you resource control while you cry and chant asawana from moon rise to moon fall ... it's all a carefully worked out plan you despicable Ijo scum, and it seems to have worked so perfectly!

Keep crying and wailing on your wretched fate, you've been condemned to remain where you rightfully belong, right in the background of irrelevance and economic serfdom to your Igbo, Hausa and yoruba masters who have diligently collaborated with the foreign multinational companies to meticulously Bleep that Ijaw nyansh well well with no condom or lube grin, know your level as a slave and forever know peace you ogogoro-drinking bowler hat wearing slave with no language, culture and identity... aren't you nondescript Ijo apes descendants of Ghanaian slaves sef?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2021
FreeIgbos:

You're just a minority and that is why abo.ki will seize your oil resources and employ your people as mai guard to be roaming around the bushes in the name of pipeline protection. odi was raised to dust and everyone wiped out yet nothing happened shocked shocked shocked
do u know how many soldiers that died before they successfully conquered odi?

unike u weak igbos that fulani soldiers slaughter like rams..
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2021
Daveconsult007:

I guess I was right after all
what do u talk?
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by B2mario(m): 3:50pm On May 17, 2021
Eastlink:
God bless you. The Ijaws from Bayelsa killed a lot of people in Bonny, Opobo, Kalabari, Okrika, Ogoni who supported Biafra.

To the extent the Amanayabo of Nembe, Bonny, Opobo, Buguma, etc had to flee to the himterland to avoid being killed by Boro’s 15th Brigade. Asari Dokubo once said some of his Uncle’s were killed by Boro’s soldiers. Do we talk about the Ogoni’s who Boro in connivance with Saro-Wiwa killed most of their sons who supported Biafra. The Kobani family were nearly wiped out by the dreaded Isaac Boro. Even the Amanayabo of Opobo had to run to Amaigbo to avoid being killed as well. Infact, any family or village that were in support if the Biafran army were marked for extermination. He Jaja had lot of able-bodies youths shot at close range.

The Ijaws always want to talk about their plight during the civil war, but if others begin to talk about the mass killing of Boro 15 Brigade made up of Ijaws from Bayelsa/Delta, Nairaland won't contain anybody.

I think we Igbos should stop keeping quiet anytime they bring up those lies against us. Igbos might be bad but they are saint when compared with the evil of the ijaws. I blame Nigerian government that ban the teaching of history in schools. Igbos have not done 1/4 of evils the ijaws did to them in the history of life. The atrocities they committed in Bonny, Opobo, Ogoni, Kalabari and Okirika. Please let's start digging out their history to tell the world the atrocities they committed against the Igbos and even their fellow ijaws and other minorities around them.
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2021
[quote author=Daveconsult007 post=101773466][/quote]we have plan to liberate all SS. NDR is our plan.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2021
Daveconsult007:

We're yet to see plans and actions about Niger delta Republic.
Many ethnicities in SS have been Patiently waiting.

Many groups will be force to align with forces that are emerging.
Nigeria is going and Niger delta is sitting duck
dont worry about us.. our own time is coming.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 3:58pm On May 17, 2021
[quote author=Kinematics post=101762092]

Ojukwu that left Effiong and ran away? Ojukwu that was celebrated, but Effiong was left to rot in poverty?
If una like make una open multiple monikers deceiving yourselves. Ipig miscreants..

Point of Correction,
Effiong didn't rot in poverty.
Don't talk down on my kinsman that way.
Effiong remains a great man.his children are making waves in their endeavors overseas

Its Honourable if we don't speak ill about the dead.
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by B2mario(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2021
richmond500:
Tiny Lol, Ijaw is majority in the SS region, they own a whole state and spread across other states in good proportion, they are among the first five most populous tribe in Nigeria, don't be decieved
A whole state with what population? Bayelsa state with the least population in Nigeria. Igbo remains the largest single ethnic group in south south.

Do the genuine calculation and see it.
These are Igbo sub groups found in South south states:
Edo:. Ika
Delta:. Anioma (Enuani, Ukwuani and Ika)
Bayelsa:. Ndoni, Ogba, and Ekpeye
Rivers (the largest state in SS where Igbo is the largest):. Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye, Ogba, Ndoni, Ndoki, Egbema, Omuma, Opobo and Bonny
Akwa ibom:. Ndoki and Arochukwu
Cross river:. Agbo, izii, izaa and mgbo.
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2021
i cant read all your long write ups brother..

you have advice me thesame thing over and over that it only biafra and odua will get referendum.. and i have replied you over and over thats your only tiny and ignorant myopic believe.

we are far bigger than your childish brain..

why i hate biafra the more is because of this your child like advice..
no sane person can give this your advice to convince natured person..

its an illitrate advice. and its an insultin to my personality.

i hate you more. i hate ibo more. fvck biafra. no part of niger delta will be part of that biafra again. even akwacross will not go again.
NDR our final.
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 4:18pm On May 17, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
Ijaws are now more than 20million.

we ijaw never had repsesentative in any ojukwu biafra meeting..

ojukwu was afraid to meet us because he knew we could swallow him for what he done to Adaka boro

This narrative is not true.

I'm not Igbo but it's wrong to say that Ojukwu has no minority in biafra meeting.

My kinsmen was Secretary to Biafran Government.
Minister of foreign affairs is cross river.
Head of refugee management is from Cross River.

Each province in biafra had indigenous reps including ijaw areas.

Head of Biafran mission in UK was Ogoni.

There are lots of things many of us in South South aren't aware of.

Few weeks ago I learnt that there was a delegation committee known as Eastern Constultative Assembly which met severally before Ojukwu was given mandate to declare Biafra,
Minority had around 160 members in that committee,. I saw this in a book written by a British writer who was in Eastern Nigeria then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by richmond500: 4:18pm On May 17, 2021
B2mario:

A whole state with what population? Bayelsa state with the least population in Nigeria. Igbo remains the largest single ethnic group in south south.

Do the genuine calculation and see it.
These are Igbo sub groups found in South south states:
Edo:. Ika
Delta:. Anioma (Enuani, Ukwuani and Ika)
Bayelsa:. Ndoni, Ogba, and Ekpeye
Rivers (the largest state in SS where Igbo is the largest):. Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye, Ogba, Ndoni, Ndoki, Egbema, Omuma, Opobo and Bonny
Akwa ibom:. Ndoki and Arochukwu
Cross river:. Agbo, izii, izaa and mgbo.
u guys are immigrants, its just a matter of time before we chase u out
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 4:22pm On May 17, 2021
richmond500:
they stood with GEJ cos his administration favoured them.

U have never seen where an Igbo degrade SS.

Who doesn't degrade people in Nigeria?

I'm not Igbo but it's time we put emotions aside.

Nigeria is a jungle...... Speaking as a diasporan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by nku5: 4:27pm On May 17, 2021
Elliot2:
Did you know that Adaka Boro was equally hated by his own people for oppressing them? In fact, his own father laid a curse on him. Adaka borrow killed a lot of ijaw men suspected of supporting Biafra. Adaka borrow was not a saint himself. And again, ijaw people killed a lot of Biafrans too, especially Adaka boro. Also, a lot of Biafran soldiers were drowned in the rivers by ijaws who were ferrying them across communities, they purposely capsized the boats. It was war, and a lot of atrocities happen on both sides.

Boro was the Ijaw version of Afonja. He is reponsible for the mess that is ijawland today. The north exploited his hatred for Igbos and enslaved the Niger Delta, and own their oil wells until tomorrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 4:27pm On May 17, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
i heard u, but lets still hear from more akwacross. only u cant speak for whole people.
besides, u might be ipob paid akwa man.

I seconded his thoughts.

Like I told you earlier... There's no actionable plans for Niger delta movement.

Ipob or biafra is doing something, it's better to jump on slow moving bus than trek the entire journey.

That's the feelings of people in Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
I speak as a diasporan who has been following events in Nigeria closely
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:27pm On May 17, 2021
Daveconsult007:

This narrative is not true.

I'm not Igbo but it's wrong to say that Ojukwu has no minority in biafra meeting.

My kinsmen was Secretary to Biafran Government.
Minister of foreign affairs is cross river.
Head of refugee management is from Cross River.

Each province in biafra had indigenous reps including ijaw areas.

Head of Biafran mission in UK was Ogoni.

There are lots of things many of us in South South aren't aware of.

Few weeks ago I learnt that there was a delegation committee known as Eastern Constultative Assembly which met severally before Ojukwu was given mandate to declare Biafra,
Minority had around 160 members in that committee,. I saw this in a book written by a British writer who was in Eastern Nigeria then.

what sot of nonsenses is these?

do i talk about minorities here?
i said we Ijaw dont have representative in any ojukwu biafra meeting and you typing indian and jamaica for me.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:31pm On May 17, 2021
Daveconsult007:

I seconded his thoughts.

Like I told you earlier... There's no actionable plans for Niger delta movement.

Ipob or biafra is doing something, it's better to jump on slow moving bus than trek the entire journey.

That's the feelings of people in Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
I speak as a diasporan who has been following events in Nigeria closely
we need real akwacross men to decide..

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2021
ariesbull:
d,
They are just daft....how can they have Igbo so much that igbo that helped them with derivation and supported Jonathan

Let kanu forget these set of clowns.... They are never do well...very daft people good 8j securing pipelines only
igbos that cannot even help their miserable selves want to help us...

ur kanu cant leave us alone because because i clearly see the pictour that headless igbo without God chosen Ijaw will be totally useless.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:54pm On May 17, 2021
ariesbull:

It's a lie they can't block it....it's against cabotagelaws and wars have been fought for this unless you want to fight over 45 million Igbo...with their global network

Can you stand it
we will block all our waterways igbo cant do any 1naira thing.. nor be ibo wey dey here?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 4:59pm On May 17, 2021
jerseyboy:

I love Igbo people. I have them as my closest friends and relatives. I detested what happened to them in the civil war. I salute the courage of Ojukwu to act in the manner he did because honor called for no other choice. I support only an Igbo for president if Nigeria were to continue which I am not for. in the beginning was an Nnamdi Kanu fanatic. And then I started listening closer and didn't like what I was hearing. Now I cannot listen to Kanu without my anxiety rising. The more he tried to claim my land the more it became painful to listen to him. I began to dread being in the same country with him. I then realized that if I were Igbo, I would even be more scared of ending up in the same country as him which will be inevitable. Kanu makes it clear the he Kanu will be in charge of Biafra and Biafra will be a dictatorship. An average Niger Deltan listens to Kanu now in dread. He has made Igbo apprehension a diversion to the task of dissolving Nigeria. Many have opined that Kanu's Biafra map reflects that he doesn't really want Biafra and so made all those ridiculous claim to keep his minions going on a pipe dream. That is all good except the kids on nairaland actually believe his claims are real. Ikwere, Anioma, Ika. Isoko. Ibibio Kalabari or Ubiaja people might come and shout all day to the contrary, but the Biafran mindset is made up. They're all coming with us. all of them beyond Warri self. The two words Nnamdi Kanu hates the most to hear are Niger Delta. So much so that the zoom meeting of The Mid-West Group was consumed with buying arms and training local ilitias to defend against Biafra as soon as Nigeria breaks up. The fear Igbo aggresion is getting real.

Kindly take off ibibio out of your postulation.

Break up of Nigeria is like a moving train..... And we're not seeing any other train aside the one kanu is providing.

Nobody in South South is making moves for self determination, not even in Disapora.

Aside Madam Ankio Briggs no one is talking about Niger delta self determination.

Kanu is not perfect but he's right about so many things regarding Nigeria and I admire his consistency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:03pm On May 17, 2021
topboss:
BIAFRA IS A CASE OF ONE MAN ONE VOTE.

PEOPLE WILL DECIDE AND NOBODY CAN DECIDE FOR A PEOPLE.

THAT POINT IS VERY CLEAR.

SO KEEP YOUR XENOPHOBIA TO YOURSELF, WE DONT CARE.

U TALK ABOUT NOT LIKING IGBOS BUT AS AN IJAW PERSON, DO U ALL LIKE YOURSELF, NOT TO MENTION ALL THE MANY TRIBES INCLUDING THE IGBOS IN SS.
nawao! which day igbos come get power and ammunition dat dey wan force a mighty Ijaw to accept biafra referendum? e be like say die don dey hungry igbos again..

if die hungry ibos, na so dem dey do.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 5:05pm On May 17, 2021
[quote author=Abagworo post=101764241]After studying this thread I've come to discover that non-Igbos are more concerned on how to stop Igbos from developing than how to develop themselves. Nigeria is building railway to Niger republic in order to ease importation via Nigerian ports to Niger but everything being discussed here is how to stop Igbos from trading via Niger Delta in the event of an imaginary secession. Presently Igbos are not using the Niger Delta ports because of conspiracy to deny Niger Delta the gains of thriving Ports. Igbos import through Lagos ports and that is the attraction of most mega commercial ventures to the city.

The people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River are not part of it.

Igbo people are our own people.

Nobody from Akwacross Will stop the movement of ships to abia via imo river.

The two biggest projects in Akwa Ibom and cross river, namely tinapa and Ibom deep seaport has Igbo commercial hub of Aba and onitsha in their blue prints.

Igbo people have invested greatly in our space and many of our people have business in Aba and Enugu too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Elliot2(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2021
Eastlink:

To the extent the Amanayabo of Nembe, Bonny, Opobo, Buguma, etc had to flee to the himterland to avoid being killed by Boro’s 15th Brigade. Asari Dokubo once said some of his Uncle’s were killed by Boro’s soldiers. Do we talk about the Ogoni’s who Boro in connivance with Saro-Wiwa killed most of their sons who supported Biafra. The Kobani family were nearly wiped out by the dreaded Isaac Boro. Even the Amanayabo of Opobo had to run to Amaigbo to avoid being killed as well. Infact, any family or village that were in support if the Biafran army were marked for extermination. He Jaja had lot of able-bodies youths shot at close range.

Thank you. I thank my mother who is very unbias about the civil war history. She said that they suffered in the hands of both Biafra and Nigeria but mostly Nigeria. She said, it became easier to handle the Biafran soldiers once they as a community gather and supply foodstuffs and feed the Biafran soldiers, they were assured of safety. Most of the men arrested for allegedly supporting Biafra who were sent to concentration camps came back alive, including my own grand father. Unlike Nigerian soldiers that summarily killed suspected Biafran sympathisers. Boro killed a lot of his kinsmen. In fact, it was alleged that his people so much hated him that they conspired and poured charcoals and female menstrual wastes on him which spoilt his "egbesu" juju that was protecting him from bullet penetrating him. Boro sold us to the north. And we are paying for it.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:09pm On May 17, 2021
topboss:
AFTER THE QUICK WAR IN SOUTH SUDAN, ARE THEY NOT ENJOYING ECONOMIC GROWTH AND PEACE TODAY?

EVERY COUNTRY HAVE THEIR OWN IJAW TROUBLE MAKERS.

UNTIL SOMEBODY PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE, THEY WILL KEEP ON MISBEHAVING.
how are Ijaws troublemakers? i think lack of sea access has damaged igbos brains.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Elliot2(m): 5:12pm On May 17, 2021
Daveconsult007:

Kindly take off ibibio out of your postulation.

Break up of Nigeria is like a moving train..... And we're not seeing any other train aside the one kanu is providing.

Nobody in South South is making moves for self determination, not even in Disapora.

Aside Madam Ankio Briggs no one is talking about Niger delta self determination.

Kanu is not perfect but he's right about so many things regarding Nigeria and I admire his consistency.
If we do not sieze this moment to become independent, I don't see anyone coming from the Niger Delta that will have the support of the whole to push for our freedom.
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 5:14pm On May 17, 2021
gidgiddy:

Well the way Nigeria is today, the only people who are likely to get a referendum are those agitating for one.

Referendum is a very expensive thing, just like elections, nobody does it for people who are not agitating for it

There is agitation for Biafra, we have all seen the pictures of the many who came out for it

Theres agitation for Oduduwa, just yesterday, they stormed Osogbo for it

Nobody has ever seen any agitation for Niger Delta Republic, and its most likely that nobody ever will see any agitation for it. The simple truth is that nobody wants Niger Delta Republic, otherwise, people would have come out for it

There will be referendum for Oduduwa and Biafra, they are the only agitations on the ground. Any ethnic group in the South that does not vote to join either of them will be left in Nigeria to continue "one Nigeria" with the Arewa North

That's my problem with folks talking about Niger delta... There's no actionable plans.

My people can't sit down and wait for an unseen unicorn..

Biafra is providing the only vehicle for self determination and we're jumping on it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 5:25pm On May 17, 2021
PHijo:

So when it is not Igbo victims it is baseless lies. Igbos buried Ijaws alive. Several Ijaw communities commemorate their survival, and a lot of us have family members lost under those circumstances. We are not talking about forceful recruitment we are talking of forceful evacuation and the burying alive of Ijaw men and boys.

Forceful evacuation took place all over biafra.

My people were evacuated to refugee camp in Aba when federal troops move into ikot ekpene.
Same in eket and calabar.

It was really a tragedy.
Recently I learnt that there was more igbo villages than any other ethnic groups in biafra.

I think it's time our people in South South chart a new course.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2021
Eastlink:
Here we go again. For your information, there are no Ijaws in Rivers state. The Deputy Governor is from Bonny not Bayelsa. Be warned.
oya go and remove the Ijaws in rivers state na. ibou man..
Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2021
Eastlink:
Another lies from dirty Ijawland. Igbo didn't commit such during the war. You can keep telling your fellow daft kinsmen this trash in Patani, Amasomma and other Ijaw dwarfish villages but not in Rivers state.

Nothing of such happened. Wake up from your drunk filled sleep.
u ibous will pay for all the attrocities ur useless fathers commit against Ijaw..

igbo, what a useless tribe with lot of apes.

igbo was created by mistake..
u think any body love u.. keep dreaming.. subhumans.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta "Igbo" Cant Give Biafra Direct Sea Access Because Of These Tribes by Daveconsult007: 5:43pm On May 17, 2021
Kinematics:

This one is an educated illiterate.
You think its by having useless population with no substance. Ask Ethiopia how they keep leaking the ass of Djibouti just to have access to sea.

Or go ask Uganda why they keep paying homage to Kenya and Tanzania just to use their sea..

Quite obvious Ibos do not know what's going on in the world today.
Let me not go far, Chad republic here depends on Cameroon for the export of their crude and imports of goods. Niger Republic depend on Ports in Benin Republic etc. You can't force anyone to open his land or waterways just because you want your vessels or vehicles to pass.

Igbo people have a different case from these other people you mentioned.

I'm not Igbo but I think they will be fine.

They may not have littoral status but they have access to the ocean.

There's a place in Ebonyi, i think it's Afrikpor(don't mind my spelling) that have direct access to the ocean via cross river (my state)

It would be nice if they make use of it.
Its gonna be a win-win situation for everybody.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up / TSA: Reps Uncover N21bn, $104.46m Undeclared Funds In 2 Banks / PIA: When 3% Is Greater Than 30%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.