Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation (27475 Views)

She Won't Let You Touch The Boobs / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / If She Is Amazing, She Won't Be Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 12:06am On May 03, 2011
andyanders:

@ogugua88 (f)

You are right. There are lots of good ladies out there. Nigerian ladies are far more better than their foreign partners or western world. Most nigerian woman can endure/tolerate their partners than western women.  I respect nigerian women a lot no matter their short coming.

Those poor Nigerian women that tolerating ho arse niggas.  One of them said on this site that they would rather kiss their no good husband's arse then to be on the street in poverty.  How sad.  

You need to teach the likes of MOBO to respect those good Nigerian ladies instead of calling them 2 dollar whores and comparing them to white women.  

Half of the Nigerian men running behind white women calling Nigerian women dirty hoes and blackberry hungry bitches and yet they are so much better than foreign women.  

There is a faux oyinbo Nigerian fool in Coldland telling a foreign woman he loves her and she is the best thing since slice bread but when he is rejected behind the scenes all that fakeness is out the door.  

Yes, I strongly urge those good Nigerian ladies to handle all ho arse niggas because they needs them.   lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 12:08am On May 03, 2011
REALITY101:

Lol@Mrs. Chima # Ozu# if they don't pay you good them slutting can do u lot better. The choice is yours granny

Get tested glitterpants.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 12:08am On May 03, 2011
ogugua88:

Reality do you live in LA? If so, you should be speaking basic Spanish by now lol. "Tu no habla Ingles?" Chai.

Men have too much security. Good, bad, you get to keep your fathers' name and now that allows some of you to judge or badmouth women because they want to have a say in whether they take your name or not?

If fathers snatched surnames from their sons for growing up to be irresponsible or dumb, they'd probably be thinking twice. The kind of shame or unworthiness some of you throw on women, you'd be suffering it too. Once, you were Adenola Ogunsanya. Now you're just "Adenola". You'd be turned into a laughing stock lol. Who's unworthy now?

Too Gbasky,

I would let you keep your name OK!!  kiss
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:09am On May 03, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Those poor Nigerian women that tolerating ho arse niggas.  One of them said on this site that they would rather kiss their no good husband's arse then to be on the street in poverty.  How sad.  

You need to teach the likes of MOBO to respect those good Nigerian ladies instead of calling them 2 dollar whores and comparing them to white women.  

Half of the Nigerian men running behind white women calling Nigerian women dirty hoes and blackberry hungry bitches and yet they are so much better than foreign women.  

There is a faux oyinbo Nigerian fool in Coldland telling a foreign woman he loves her and she is the best thing since slice bread but when he is rejected behind the scenes all that fakeness is out the door.  

Yes, I strongly urge those good Nigerian ladies to handle all ho arse niggas because they needs them.   lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*sings 'JUST PUT EM HIGH!'*
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:11am On May 03, 2011
190:

Too Gbasky,

I would let you keep your name OK!!  kiss

haha--Why the french are you changing sides?  cheesy

@Reality: After minutes of deliberation, I think I realized what you said about BABE!. You called BABE! a follower!?!?! lmao-- undecided Nuff said!  cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by lexxwiz(m): 12:12am On May 03, 2011
If she wants to keep her name and she got a good reason, Like loosing her Dad or something similar . no big deal. But her Dad still alive and she wants to keep her maiden name? hell NO!!!
but whatever happened to our good lovely women? back in the days,a young lady even changes her surname even before the wedding out of excitement,
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:12am On May 03, 2011
Back in the days, true love existed.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 12:13am On May 03, 2011
lexxwiz:

If she wants to keep her name and she got a good reason,  Like loosing her Dad or something similar . no big deal. But her Dad still alive and she wants to keep her maiden name? hell NO!!!
[color=#990000]but whatever happened to our good lovely women? back in the days,a young lady even changes her surname even before the wedding out of excitement,  

[size=38pt]KO GBAMM!![/size]

Very very correct!!  cool cool

Please reference your post to ( Nigerian women only ) cos this post is only bout Nigerian women

Thank you  cool cool

BABE!:

haha--Why the french are you changing sides?  cheesy

@Reality: After minutes of deliberation, I think I realized what you said about BABE!. You called BABE! a follower!?!?! lmao-- undecided  Nuff said!  cool

You havent heard!! OK

Babe nor be my mouth you go hear say fowl don grow teeth!![/color]
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 12:14am On May 03, 2011
lexxwiz:

If she wants to keep her name and she got a good reason,  Like loosing her Dad or something similar . no big deal. But her Dad still alive and she wants to keep her maiden name? hell NO!!!
but whatever happened to our good lovely women? back in the days,a young lady even changes her surname even before the wedding out of excitement,  

You will lose your balls manhood if your slave woman keeps her father's name?  undecided undecided

LMAO@keep the comment referenced to Nigerian women and TWO OF THEM JUST SAID THEY WILL NOT CHANGE THEIR SURNAME! Dumb arse niggas I tell you.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:15am On May 03, 2011
ogugua88:

Back in the days, true love existed.

True love still exists! kinda

@190 That didn't answer my question.  cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:19am On May 03, 2011
BABE!:

True love still exists! kinda

I don't want kinda true love. I want the real mccoy lmao.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:19am On May 03, 2011
REALITY101:

lol BABE you will be fine cheesy

ha! Fakality?! You?! You call me BABE! a follower ba!!??!!!

The war has began! I'll chase you and hunt down in this Nairaland! You'll see!

PonmoPonmo Ete!  tongue

Oh yh, you called Inkiru, all weather too ba? She must see this! Nonsense!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:21am On May 03, 2011
ogugua88:

I don't want kinda true love. I want the real mccoy lmao.

Good for you! Find it! smiley
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:24am On May 03, 2011
REALITY101:

@190 #@impotent dude#

I don't get it, why is it that impotent men are always too damn obsess with women? So you really love licking em  lipsrsealed

@BABE Cool. . . but please watch your nyash cuz u have got a limit

Pls what's the limit, so i'll know before I start!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:27am On May 03, 2011
REALITY101:

undecided >

I advice you to give me the limit and stop squeezing your face! And if you don't tell me--Fine! Anything I say/type to you from now on is justified!   smiley cool
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by lexxwiz(m): 12:28am On May 03, 2011
i still stand firmly to what i earlier said, "except she has a good reason", else,Hell NO!
if she wants to keep it because it's damn too sexy or mine is pretty annoying and long? then she isn't ready to get married yet.
well in a nut shell,d ladies here on NL are either married or still young, A 38-45 yr old lady who dey hussle to find husband would sooo throw her maiden name to the dogs if a hubby miraculously shows,
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by johnson11(m): 12:28am On May 03, 2011
I have come to realized many people typed whatever they like here just to make them few feel strong, 99% of all the women here used there husband surname but they will come here to type rubbish saying they are western and he have to respect them blah blah  just to feel among,
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:31am On May 03, 2011
lexxwiz:

i still stand firmly to what i earlier said,  "except she has a good reason",  else,Hell NO!
if she wants to keep it because it's damn too sexy or mine is pretty annoying and long? then she isn't ready to get married yet.
well in a nut shell,d ladies here on NL are either married or still young,  A 38-45 yr old lady who dey hussle to find husband would sooo throw her maiden name to the dogs if a hubby miraculously shows,  

This is all coming down to worth. If a woman is not worthy of keeping her father's name, a man shouldn't be worthy either. All I want is someone to concur. There is no difference between a 38-45 year old lady with no job, husband, or children and a 38-45 year old man with no job, wife, or children. If that woman isn't worthy of taking a man's name, then a man shouldn't be worthy of keeping his father's name. Both are shaming someone. Like I said, in this society, men have too much security.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:32am On May 03, 2011
johnson11:

I have come to realized many people typed whatever they like here just to make them few feel strong, 99% of all the women here used there husband surname but they will come here to type rubbish saying they are western and he have to respect them blah blah  just to feel among,

I am NOT married and DAMN proud to be western. Wouldn't change my western roots for ANYTHING.
My choice to keep my name is personal and it is a decision that is to be made by me as it is MY choice.
Luckily some men are open-minded enough to see that it is not the name that matters but the LOVE, TRUST, AND FIDELITY that is what makes the marriage. Any man who want to push the idea that his wife MUST take on his name is not only a chauvinist but he is also possessive and it is HE who is not yet ready to get married.

Whether you are western or African the fact still remains that marriage is just an institution to IDENTIFY. Not even the ceremony nor the rings are necessary in God's eye as love has no monetary or physical value. It is how the two conduct themselves as individuals united under God that matters, not some bloodclot name!

My father's name will stay or be hyphenated. End of story.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 12:32am On May 03, 2011
johnson11:

Coming from a southafrican

I am shocked!  angry angry

I never expected such from a south-african

Maybe civilization never reach there,

Good reply bro~

lexxwiz:

i still stand firmly to what i earlier said,  "except she has a good reason",  else,Hell NO!
well in a nut shell,d ladies here on NL are either married or still young,  A 38-45 yr old lady who dey hussle to find husband would sooo throw her maiden name to the dogs if a hubby miraculously shows,  

Now that cracked me the hell up~
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 12:45am On May 03, 2011
OK my people must hear this

The marriage is OVER!! Mscetwwwww   angry angry

You would bear my name- my current surname and your surname

that is my name + surname 2

Wahala!! angry angry
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 12:47am On May 03, 2011
190:

OK my people must hear this

The marriage is OVER!! Mscetwwwww   angry angry

Just like that?!! hehehe --- Aight! tongue
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:48am On May 03, 2011
lmao Father/Daughter  undecided later got married and now divorced hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 12:49am On May 03, 2011
johnson11:

There are women on here who is not from the West saying they will keep their father's surname.  You are giving the "West" too much power as if Africa is not capable of forming their own opinions instead of following the bandwagon.  That is sad.  

If that how you view your continent do not let me stop you.   lipsrsealed

Where are your statistics that show 99% of women keeps their husband's surname?  One more question, why are you concern about women that are not your wives choices?  Did a woman tell you she wouldn't change her last name if she marries you and that why you are on here bitching?
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 12:53am On May 03, 2011
ogugua88:

This is all coming down to worth. If a woman is not worthy of keeping her father's name, a man shouldn't be worthy either. All I want is someone to concur. There is no difference between a 38-45 year old lady with no job, husband, or children and a 38-45 year old man with no job, wife, or children. If that woman isn't worthy of taking a man's name, then a man shouldn't be worthy of keeping his father's name. Both are shaming someone. Like I said, in this society, men have too much security.

Exactly. He said he stands firm like we give a Bleep and he is thinking he will stop women from choosing which names they will use. Someone said they will stop homosexuality and now gay people can legally married in some states like California and a few others. I would like to see limp dicks stop women from choosing to hyphenate their names.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by sleekman(m): 12:54am On May 03, 2011
Women and power. Na wa O! Anyways as long as the women out populate the men in Nigeria it will definitely be a man's world.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by cantell(m): 12:54am On May 03, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

I am NOT married

Until you get to that bridge, do not brag about crossing.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 12:56am On May 03, 2011
cantell:

Until you get to that bridge, do not brag about crossing.

Look, i made my decision and it's final.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 12:58am On May 03, 2011
REALITY101:

lmao Father/Daughter  undecided later got married and now divorced hmmm  lipsrsealed

Point of corectshun

The marriage holds!!

sleekman:

Women and power. Na wa O! Anyways as long as the women out populate the men in Nigeria it will definitely be a man's world.
Its a Nigerian Topic so it deals with nigerian women only, the only woman who can keep her name is the ever sturborn genevive nnanji or sometin

There is really no need arguing further cos the real NIGERIAN women who arent even here know whats expected of them and what to do  cool

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 1:00am On May 03, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

I am NOT married and DAMN proud to be western. Wouldn't change my western roots for ANYTHING.
My choice to keep my name is personal and it is a decision that is to be made by me as it is MY choice.
Luckily some men are open-minded enough to see that it is not the name that matters but the LOVE, TRUST, AND FIDELITY that is what makes the marriage. Any man who want to push the idea that his wife MUST take on his name is not only a chauvinist but he is also possessive and it is HE who is not yet ready to get married.

Whether you are western or African the fact still remains that marriage is just an institution to IDENTIFY. Not even the ceremony nor the rings are necessary in God's eye as love has no monetary or physical value. It is how the two conduct themselves as individuals united under God that matters, not some bloodclot name!

Many of them do not even know how to spell God let alone know who HE IS.  Those who never knew love growing up would place superficial value on what is more important to them such as a name change.  What's funny a ho arse nigga said if a woman respects her husband she will take his name but an African woman escaped with a white man to another country just to tell her African husband that she doesn't love him nor never respected him.  

LMAO@name change will keep people from disrespecting and cheating on each other  grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 1:02am On May 03, 2011
BABE!:

Come again??  undecided  tongue
shocked angry angry
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MeGaStReEt: 1:02am On May 03, 2011
Some women dey find husband with all body, them never see, even if its just to answer their surname, common shoe maker dem never see. Now some 22 years olds are talking rub-ish about changing or not changing their name, claiming what they are not,lol. When time reach we go know who suppose change name and who no go change name.  Some gurls worship their bf, not to talk of husband, but they will come here, (becuase we no dey see them) and start deceiving their fellow weak minded NL's. Very soon breeze go blow . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Sllow Bobo And Chiamaka Aliba's Pre-Wedding Photos / My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / How Do I Change This My Mindset About Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.