Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate (57398 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / Toyota Corolla Users Need Know Their Mate / Help Me Make A Choice Between Buying A 2014 GLK 350 Or Ml350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
quite expensive shaa, why do you advice getting the 550 instead of the 55amgor 6.3 amg. and I really like that four exhaust plus the twin turbo on the 6.3 or the super charger on the 550.
MAINTENANCE grin
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2021
yusufu16:

It means you dont know anything about cars. There are many cars far more aggressive durable and stronger than Mercedes. Go to research well.
am not just talking of speed,but balance , security ,,,,, Benz don't Summersault, maintainance, yes. Benz hardly develops faults, bit if at all, it must give you signs ahead, of which u could use it for hundreds of km before that fault is fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by sumofus(m): 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
I laughed hysterically reading your post. I tell people, google horsepower (for a start) of as many cars as you can, on your spare time. So that you have a fair knowledge of cars you can challenge for speed. But @op you really insult Toyota owners o, no be small grin

OfficialDJ:
I was cruising round town slowly with my car, before i knew it, a 2014 toyota highlander came screeching with high speed, almost scraping my fender... angry

If it was an old man I could have let it slide, but alas; it was a young guy with beards feeling funky...

Thankfully it was a clear and smooth road.

I put my cls in sports 2( it’s an airmatic), gassed down the throttle pedal, and i was on grin cheesy The guy was gasping for air. I flew pass him after he must have exhausted every power the toyota lowlander got.
He played catch up till we reached a traffic point.....
We were head to head together, and the only thing that stopped us was the red light. As soon as it turned green; we both hit the throttle, and as expected, my car was far gone before his could pick up enough power..
Toyota car users are the most uncouth set of airheads on the Highway, and I’m glad I taught that dunce a lesson.

Maybe he'd sell his car and get a 2008 c-300 grin

Just maybe..

I attached a random highlander from Google to depict the car I was racing with...
Truly ; mercedes benz and others....

My cls pic 2 cool

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin
sumofus:
I laughed hysterically reading your post. I tell people, google horsepower (for a start) of as many cars as you can, on your spare time. So that you have a fair knowledge of cars you can challenge for speed. But @op you really insult Toyota owners o, no be small grin

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by kponkedenge(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
leave the mu mu. I'm sure He's a corolla user with the way he sounds pained.. Must be hard for him grin

I feel driving is all about who's behind the wheels.... I drive a 2014 Camry and I drive very carefully.... Meanwhile when my friend is on the wheels, he drives more recklessly than myself.... I even caution him sometimes cos I know the expenses I'll incur in the event of an accident.

I don't think you race as fast as my friend though.... But I won't give out my car for such an experiment.

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by NairaMaster1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:
Mercedes is the best product on earth. Forget toyota, honda, rolls Royce, buggatti, Bentley e t c. You can't rely on them like even old Benz version when the chips are really down. use Benz for very very long distances,after about an hour firing, Benz go come ask u whether U really really serious say Una dey go somewhere,by then Toyota, Honda, and the rest go don cable their limit finish 50 km ahead of which Una leave the same time you will fully understand. Na then Benz go tell u say na Benz e be. It's rear tyres will first assume "k "shape, By the time all others move the next 60 km, Benz go complete both the difference of 50 km, meet them , and beat all of them. Toyotas are only good for short or distances within town, which isn't what Benz is made for. The longer the distance the better the performance of Benz. in fact, Benz go dey happier. Any Benz u pass on express is either its journey is short or its less than an hr the car enter road. Lastly, Benz alerts by giving signs when a fault is imminent of which u can travel with it without fear, till u fix it

Suddenly, Benz go come develop electrical fault Wey go involve all the mechanics and electricians in town.
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Nathan2016: 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2021
temmym4:
Why will you brag about Racing a mercedes with an Highlander. What is the glory in that bro?

Firstly, an SUV and a Sedan. How will the SUV cope except if you are doing a straight race.

Secondly, The CL550 and and Highlander, come on.

There is no contesting the fact that Mercedez benz is superior.

Please note that those who are using Toyota mostly are not considering power and speed but RELIABILITY and EASE OF MAINTENANCE. Please get this once and for all.

Am sorry bro. This thread seems childish and looks like a direct hatered/attack on Toyota users. No offence please

A toyota user spotted.

Bro chill, this is just a fun post nothing malice about it

5 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Timidangote(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
Make una wire my aza na abeg, u na don chop beleful.
Uba
HeavenlyBang:

Obviously.

All these clueless airheads trying to sound smart but anyone in the know can see right past their BS.

Funny enough, I'm pretty sure what he has is a CLS500, not a CLS550. Lmao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by genesis4club: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
Hmmmm going through all the banter and one thing I wanna say here, if you are driving Benz, enjoy your car and don't insult nor underrate that niggar on bike or Corolla, I can see the Benz guy calling others broke and bla bla bla, hmmm, rich guys doesn't make noiseohhhhhhh, as an nnewi man, in my community alot of importers that worths more than 500million niara still cruise on their ladies machine on slippers, you can check on innocen, ogbuawa of blessed memories, Carter and co, I don't get how you guys will be embarrasing yourselves and even involving your spouses, the energy we will put in Making money, don't ever underrate your fellow nigga maybe cus of look, Benz, Toyota, Nissan all na car, anyone you have pls drive safe and shut the Bleep up, real men don't make noise, you can boast of life you have impacted not the model of car being driving which can never be an asset. Why not argue to learn and stop all this bashing guys?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin
Nathan2016:

A toyota user spotted.

Bro chill, this is just a fun post nothing malice about it
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
Too many kids driving on the highways these days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by generalwo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
I was cruising round town slowly with my car, before i knew it, a 2014 toyota highlander came screeching with high speed, almost scraping my fender... angry

If it was an old man I could have let it slide, but alas; it was a young guy with beards feeling funky...

I put my cls in sports 2( it’s an airmatic), gassed down the throttle pedal, and i was on grin cheesy The guy was gasping for air. I flew pass him after he must have exhausted every power the toyota lowlander got.
We were head to head together, and the only thing that stopped us was the red light. As soon as it turned green; we both hit the throttle, and as expected, my car was far gone before his could pick up enough power..
Toyota car users are the most uncouth set of airheads on the Highway, and I’m glad I taught that dunce a lesson.

Just maybe..

I attached a random highlander from Google to depict the car I was racing with...

My cls pic 2 cool
...... We wen never get Tyre still dey struggle to understand wetin you mean but God go do am for us...... I go save this post.... When I get my own car, I go respond...... God go do am.......
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by PrincewithGod(m): 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
Pride goeth before a fall.

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by cedricksly: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
jodeci:
But SUVs are not meant for speed.For me there is no comparism between the 2.
ehen You mean Suv are not meant for speed?, Shey cullinan and Urus na sedan

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
generalwo:
...... We wen never get Tyre still dey struggle to understand wetin you mean but God go do am for us...... I go save this post.... When I get my own car, I go respond...... God go do am.......
God go do am for you

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by kuntash: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
a car I modded up to 413HP shocked shocked

He carried a car of 272 HP to race because it's an SUV.. Any 2014 highlander you see for sale on jiji and cars45, it's that dude grin

It's actually not a fair challenge in that case ...

Head to head auto challenges are often debuted with like for likes especially in horsepower and aerodynamics ...

Your actions are well understood nontheless and I support it cos it's likey what I would do if I were in such situation cos na him find trouble...

4 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by antibullshit: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2021
Toyotas are overrated by nigerians.....thats how I was minding my business one day along keffi abuja expressway and I passed a toyota hilux.
When I passed the hilux driver decided to race me, I looked in the mirror and saw him coming ...I just chilled and allowed him to come. I was in a bmw 535 that packs quite a punch ! When he got alongside me I just switched to sports mode. It was all over!
In the older models the sports mode had a button next to the gear...... the implication being that if for instance you're doing 120 kph and you hit the button the car literally jumps from 120kph to like 160kph in the blink of an eye ....its like a much more intense form of downshifting but with an automatic Im sure that hilux driver will never challenge a bmw again !

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by eikeem(m): 12:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your beef for Toyota drivers is deeper than just this Highlander gist.

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by generalwo(m): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
God go do am for you
..... Amen, �
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by kuntash: 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:
am not just talking of speed,but balance , security ,,,,, Benz don't Summersault, maintainance, yes. Benz hardly develops faults, bit if at all, it must give you signs ahead, of which u could use it for hundreds of km before that fault is fixed.

Where do you get all these analysis from ?

Benz don't summersault ...indeed ..

Which kind mechanic dey tell ubout signs of faults etc ?

Na wa !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by yusufu16: 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Vickyvice:

Go and check BMW has highest safety rating among all cars. Benz do not even come close to BMW.

Even Land Rover defender and Jeep wrangler is far better than any Benz cars for off roading. Google it and see reviews from users all over the world

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin
eikeem:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your beef for Toyota drivers is deeper than just this Highlander gist.
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Internet247(m): 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
lmao what a joke !! tongue

if the highlander guy had switched to sport mode ,this thread for no exist !! cry

benz owners always thinking they own the road grin

5 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by chronique(m): 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
a car I modded up to 413HP shocked shocked

He carried a car of 272 HP to race because it's an SUV.. Any 2014 highlander you see for sale on jiji and cars45, it's that dude grin

Suvs are not made for speed in the first place. Secondly, Toyotas are about the most boring cars. The only Toyota I like, is the 2012 Sienna which I use. I've traveled with it several times and it runs very well but even at that, I won't compare it with a Mercedes Benz for any reason. My Sienna has a hp of 266 while the cl500 you have has a hp of 388. Guess you can see why the Benz would always leave the highlander gasping for breath. Personally, I have never been a fan of Toyota. My preferred vehicles are Mercedes Benz, landrover/range rover, BMW, Bentleys and the likes. I still intend to return to driving the benzs and land/range rovers. I used them in the past and can tell you those cars are solid.

3 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2021
chronique:

Suvs are not made for speed in the first place. Secondly, Toyotas are about the most boring cars. The only Toyota I like, is the 2012 Sienna which I use. I've traveled with it several times and it runs very well but even at that, I won't compare it with a Mercedes Benz for any reason. My highlander has a hp of 266 while the cl500 you have has a hp of 388. Guess you can see why the Benz would always leave the highlander gasping for breath. Personally, I have never been a fan of Toyota. My preferred vehicles are Mercedes Benz, landrover/range rover, BMW, Bentleys and the likes. I still intend to return to driving the benzs and land/range rovers. I used them in the past and can tell you those cars are solid.
take all my money grin

Man wey sabi

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Just maybe..

My cls pic 2 cool

You don finally tell us wetin scatter your rim in the other thread you created and you were blaming an "inexistent" driver undecided

4 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by yusufu16: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2021
Internet247:
lmao what a joke !! tongue

if the highlander guy had switched to sport mode ,this thread for no exist !! cry

benz owners always thinking they own the road grin

Dont mind them. Most Nigerians think Benz is the best car in the world, out of share ignorance. BMW, GMC are far better than any benz car

1 Like

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by dadabashua1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
codemaster2much:

Bro your car is a beast no doubt, but forget, there are some mean spirit sleeper cars that will Make you humble.
How will you like to be beaten by a 2005 Honda Civic si that had been tuned mad by the owner with 500+ horse.

Those little si Civic engine t banger you see can be tune up to unleech their full potential, and son trust me, your penis go soft Despite been stroke by you expensive car. That when you will know that Honda is the number one internal combustion engine maker in the world, and most their engines can take more power

Awon nurey and guru sabi
there were not informed that's why...fear a tuned up Honda engine no matter the make and how old the car is,truly the best when it comes to internal combustion engine...he should visit you tube and see how Honda the flog Benz up and down...and yes I love benz but I de also talk true...hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
prince3009:

You don finally tell us wetin scatter your rim in the other thread you created and you were blaming an "inexistent" driver undecided
whatever rocks your boat man grin
Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by OfficialDJ: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
dadabashua1:
there were not informed that's why...fear a tuned up Honda engine no matter the make and how old the car is,truly the best when it comes to internal combustion engine...he should visit you tube and see how Honda the flog Benz up and down...and yes I love benz but I de also talk true...hahahaha
Honda truly makes the best engines, and ironically; I have a Honda...
grin

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by kuntash: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
I would rather would prefer a challenge of

W211 engine in the E-Class which is s sedan and a v6 , with the the 2GR-FE engine in the Camry which is also a V6 and a sedan .
Both has similar HP ....

Let's see how such debate goes , such challenges in my opinion would be fair ...

2 Likes

Re: Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate by chronique(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
cedricksly:
ehen You mean Suv are not meant for speed?, Shey cullinan and Urus na sedan

Cullinan, Urus, Bentayga are on a different level but even at that, SUVs are not made to be used as racing cars. The ground clearance between a sedan and an suv, gives the sedan more advantage and balance for racing. You don't want to try making a sharp turn at a bend with an suv like the Lexus GX470 that has poor balance and feels like it wants to lift off the ground at top speed. You'd probably end up in the hospital(if you make it alive after it somersaults and tumbles). A car with higher ground clearance is not the best for racing. They are best for navigating rough and bad terrains/roads.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

How Driving Through Water Affects Cars / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? / Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.