Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,897 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? (15736 Views)

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? / What Does It Mean,when A Girl Likes Hitting A Guy?. / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by isalegan2: 6:53pm On May 08, 2011
pro01:

Truth is: respect is always reciprocal. I've never seen a case of wife battering that was not as a result of ceaseless verbal abuse or brazen disrespect on the part of the wife. Good, sensible women don't ever get hit by their husbands - no matter how violent the men are. I think women should work on themselves and their flippant mouths and unwifely behaviour rather than persist with the mindset that they are free to misbehave and abuse their men as they like - and that no matter what they do, they don't deserve to be hit by men. That's that.

Does this also apply in the case of a man who is known to batter or have battered all his "women" - girlfriends or wives?  Did every one of those women mouth off?  Is he just unfortunate to be a man who attracts or is attracted to only such women?

After how many incidents of wife-battering is a man considered to be a batterer, and not simply a victim of a "mouthy brazen" woman?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:58pm On May 08, 2011
swiftycool:

Sometimes its easy to tell a man to walk away when he is seriously provoked to anger, alot of people advocate replying verbal abuse for the like. but the truth is some abuse are more devastating than a hundred slaps. A friend of mine slapped his wife for the first time after she called his dear mum a prostit*te, he claimed he tried his best to walk away but her continous singing in this line on him drove him mad, he had to make her stop. Pls i need a Lady's opinion, is this justifiable

Why do you need a woman's opinion?

If someone continues to verbally abuse somebody, then they have no right to complain when the other person slaps, punches, or even shoots them dead. Don't start something you know you can't finish.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by sexylogan(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2011
if a woman taunts u verbally, there are ways to get bak at her that will hurt her more than beating her physically. It's still not an excuse for hitting a woman.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 7:40pm On May 08, 2011
[size=22pt]LMAO@according to statistic women in AA and African homes are beating up their men because those men are weak and UNAFRICAN. grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

I am so fucking done and that the MOST PATHETIC shit I ever heard in the history of dumb arse people WORLD Inc.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Dsense(m): 7:45pm On May 08, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Dextra(f): 7:56pm On May 08, 2011
@ Blood_shed. You are so dumb. Go suck on ur thumb if u got nothin important to say than to insult people. Chauvinist!
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 7:59pm On May 08, 2011
D-sense:

;d ;d ;d ;d ;d embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided

Are you unNigerian if you do not feel that it is necessary to fight women but know other ways to get to her?

Who in here is UnIRISH? UnGerman? UnChinese? UnMexican? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Dsense(m): 8:01pm On May 08, 2011
It's Non-nigerian not Un-nigerian . . . . . tongue grin grin
Non-african grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 8:02pm On May 08, 2011
D-sense:

It's Non-nigerian not Un-nigerian . . . . . tongue grin grin
Non-african grin

Is that what he was trying to say? Oh my fucking goodness! shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by sledge406: 8:04pm On May 08, 2011
Pro01 and lastpage, you guys really rock and so much for being on the fence with the truths and facts.

Blood_shed, nice to see how much you've held your ground even with counter points and truth is the REAL women know what NOT to do and would NEVER try it. Just pathetic to read so many with already useless lives flushed down the drain come here to prove meaningless post trying to convince the well-to-do and respectful out there as well as the CONFUSED females to begin to think or act like them.

A simple rule; do not complain for anything whatsoever (and I mean anything) if you involved in it knowingly and it does backfire (Man or Woman).

As for all those asking about father this and mother that, I hope you get to answer the mother this and father that too as asked here

swiftycool:

Ill answer like a Nigerian, you also asume this scenario, what if your mum were bigger than your dad and whoops his @ss, or better still one big fat @ss crazy "Isale eko" area mother Beats up yr dad?!! Be honest, Does any look better?

#Capish

By the way, this comeback shot was a cracker (see me laughing in isoko);

beejaei:

Good question. How would you feel when seeing your brother and your father have a three.some with your sister?

to

D-sense:

But answer this question:
How would you feel when seeing your mumm getting whooped/punched by your dadd?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Dsense(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2011
I guess so . .Or he might be up to another language  cheesy. . who knows undecided
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 8:08pm On May 08, 2011
[size=33pt]LMAO@the boys getting upset about beating up women and possibility of women big arse women beating them up. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

That shit is hilarious!

Where is that laughing cat?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by lastpage: 8:17pm On May 08, 2011
@isale gan2
Does this also apply in the case of a man who is known to batter or have battered all his "women" - girlfriends or wives?  Did every one of those women mouth off?  Is he just unfortunate to be a man who attracts or is attracted to only such women?

After how many incidents of wife-battering is a man considered to be a batterer, and not simply a victim of a "mouthy brazen" woman?

Good Question!

Two things "may" be happening here.

1.) Like its said, "two is coincidence" but after the "third wifey" and he stills keeping hitting, then  the man has a psychological problem (He may be the subject of persistent abuse, during his formative years (from parents, guardians, e.t.c) such that he cant do without hitting anyone.
You will notice this type in that he will also not just hit "women", he will hit men (male friends, colleagues, neighbors, e.t.c as well. Even his children would not be spared!). He needs to get medical help to overcome his problem.
Same applies to a woman who badges the first Husband/Boyfriend and then calls him 'wife-beater" only to end-up badgering the next two (naah, not even likely,  after the first one, the second one is almost impossible to tie down grin )

2.) By saying "all his women", we are assuming at least three, at a minimum, right?
The other possibility, and this is very remote (like 20%) is if he is just so "unlucky" or by his "attitude and the company he keeps", he is attracted to very lousy women (l mean the type that even Jesus cannot live with, if he ever chose to  marry! Takes two to tango though!
Concerning Jesus, am just Wondering why that dude did not marry? Being smart and all-knowing, could it be that he knew, a-priori, what doing so could mean to his life, Ministry and salvation of all humans! grin He seems to have learnt his lesson from Adam (in the Garden of Eden), l would say) wink

Well, if thats the case, he needs to radically change his ways but better still, he should shy away from marriage!

BTW: Seems courtship and Girl-friend/Boy-friend days are more enjoyable than "marriage" in itself?
Hardly do you see B.F and G.F battering each other!
The man swaggers about and his darling G.F is all smiles and dripping with love kiss kiss (Just wait till after you marry me! )
Of-course, in that scenario, If you cant live by the "rules or the "terms of the relationship", WE SIMPLY CALL IT QUITS, No wahala grin

We can also ask: After how much violence (verbal and physical) should a woman be considered  "a Husband Abuser/killer"? wink Hmmmm.,.,.,
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 8:26pm On May 08, 2011
Why Oluwaseun Osewa bothers to entertain buffoons like the poster continues to baffle me.

@Ileke-Ido

Oloroun a se e ni buffoon. E no berra for you.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 8:29pm On May 08, 2011
MOds please add a poll:

1. Under no circumstance should a man hit a woman
2. A man can hit a woman in self-defense from physical abuse
3. A man can hit a woman in elf-defense from verbal abuse

It will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 9:00pm On May 08, 2011
of course a man can hit a woman in self-defense (if he is being attacked by a female robber, despoiler etc and his life, health is endangered)

but the whole purpose of the taboo is to serve as a counter measure against the rampant rate of domestic violence against women in the world especially in third world countries (read: Africa etc). this violence is almost always perpetuated by men.
SA for example, has the highest rate of forced violation in the world (1 in 3 women). even their current president is a despoiler talkless of domestic violence, beatings etc that women suffer. this violence is uncalled for.

if you want to beat your sisters or wife and think there is no big deal it it, of course that's your own prerogative. but the churches, children, officials and other advocates  who see these battered women on regular basis and handle these cases know the dangers that's why they condemn it.

plus the violence is self-perpetuating because children watch and grow up to be wife/mother/women beaters and the cycle continues

that's my 2 cents
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 9:13pm On May 08, 2011
3. A man can hit a woman in self-defense from verbal abuse

so what do you tell the police? I smashed her head because she called me a liar?
ok now this utter stupidity at its utmost. I now regret making a post on this foolish thread because you are definitely a lost cause.
certainly your father must have been a wife beater.

my advice to you: the best defense is self-discipline and composure. I hope you note that.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

so what do you tell the police? I smashed her head because she called me a liar?
ok now this utter stupidity at its utmost. I now regret making a post on this foolish thread because you are definitely a lost cause.

my advice to you: the best defense is self-discipline and composure. I hope you note that.

wow, jenifa, u just concluded on ur own, so if u curse ur husband and abuse him, he should be composed, ehn? so u can do it 365 days in a year? well done
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by mikun(f): 9:47pm On May 08, 2011
I can't believe that a grown man can still think that it is OK to hit a woman. So if your boss, stranger or your mother talks to you thickos then it is fine to hit them.

I suppose you are "teaching them a lesson". Try it with in some countries with proper laws and you will find your behind in jail.
Seriously, your parents should be ashamed.

If you hit a woman you are unable to control yourself which makes you a weakling. Seek counselling.

Just because you are male does not mean you are superior to a woman.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 08, 2011
i remember when i was in schoool, i hit a girl on her fuckkking breast, hell yeah, never again will she talk nonsense to me, but tbh, sum girls tortue sum guys, and then say it the law, u cant beat a woman, oh well God is Good
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 08, 2011
Man or woman, no one deserves to be hit/abused.
You shouldn’t be putting your hands on anyone, period.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 08, 2011
You need to check your woman when she steps out of line.
A slap or two should do the trick.
Infact from my vast experience women enjoy a slap or two before s-e-x.
Keeps them in line all the time.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 10:16pm On May 08, 2011
[size=22pt]LMAO@men, you can hit her if she talks back and you are speechless. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

Please! Somebody help! I am almost on the floor! grin grin grin cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 10:26pm On May 08, 2011
Yield:

Man or woman, no one deserves to be hit/abused.
You shouldn’t be putting your hands on anyone, period.

thank you jare.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by ada24: 10:39pm On May 08, 2011
why is this a topic?

the fact that some men here think its ok to hit a woman does not warrant 5 pages of back and forth arguing for and against.

lets call a spade a spade and not an instrument for digging, Nigerian society allows men to hit women and think its ok - trust me not all men who beat their wives/gf's do it cos they have been provoked. I'm sure if a lot of u men knew that your backsides would be thrown in jail, a criminal record or the possibility of losing ur job over beating up ur wife - some of u here claiming its ok would respect yourself and find another way to deal with your issues in the relationship.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by lastpage: 11:12pm On May 08, 2011
This topic will win a medal for "Ostrich Playing" and hypocrisy! grin
For example:

[Quote]
If you hit a [b]woman
you are unable to control yourself which makes you a weakling[/b]. Seek counselling.

Just because you are male does not mean you are superior to a woman.[/quote]

The above could be very true but even MORE TRUE is this:

If you hit a MAN, you're silly and tempting faith!  SEEK SPIRITUAL COUNSELING! grin grin  tongue

Just because you're a woman does not mean you're INFERIOR and would get away with DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! wink

You could also get your troublesome ars*e whipped, end up in jail and even get a criminal record!

Sauce the Geese, Sauce the Gander! EQUALITY ACT 101  wink

How about that for a change?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 08, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by lastpage: 12:16am On May 09, 2011
^^^Aaah, [b]omo to dun! That video was very funny but very annoying too![/b]

Annoying in the sense that the "guy' keeps asking ONE QUESTION and NO ONE was able to give him an answer even though some tried to lynch him: HOW CAN SHE SLAP?

This is exactly what we are saying, about the "duplicity and hypocrisy" of gender-related VIOLENCE!

One thing is obvious, some deceived, deranged and "attention-seeking" men think it makes them "more of  a man" or adds to their manliness, if they jump at the opportunity to defend such violence against a man like themselves!

Like the 'avenger-guy in black monkey-jacket and the other one in a Pink Top, that were violently punching the other guy (questionnaire grin) without even following the sequence of events!
MEN ARE REALLY BECOMING "WHIMPS", in the name of being "Politically Correct"!

The way he was crying and asking that question (how can she slap?), was a reflection of the "hurt" he feels, at the "injustice" that allows one gender to be "violent" but the other one must be "composed" at all times! His voice/tone really struck a chord in me angry

Did you notice that his hands were even behind his back, when he got whacked?

This is the type of "world" some female queers advocate, right?

YOU SLAP, YOU GET SLAPPED! .,,, ,.,, S-I-M-P-L-E-S wink
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 12:38am On May 09, 2011

@Jenifa

Your father na lost cause. What is the cause for the unwarranted insult? Dem force you to reply. Oloshi. Your father is an homose.xual ped.ophile.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by bikokwe(m): 12:40am On May 09, 2011
its simply madness
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 12:43am On May 09, 2011
^^^^

God bless you omo to dun. Nothing sums up my feelings when I created this thread better than the above video. And I almost cried after watching it. That is not equality. That is making men 2nd class citizens. If one man slapped another man with the kind of hot slap the woman gave the man, no one will beat him up for defending himself. What kind of rubbish was that? The woman gave the dude a hot slap for no reason. So was he supposed to just take it and say "thank you ma give me more ma?" Or was supposed to just say "it has been written, thou shall not hit a woman." TO all the women in the house, i will like to hear your arguments in justifying why that man is wrong in retaliating such public disgrace. I mean it should be obvious to any unbiased person that the man was right to act in self-defense. I am really passionate and enraged about this matter now. Like warra hell?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BABE3: 12:52am On May 09, 2011
^^That babe made the guy her B1tch, though!!!! See how the Nigga is crying like his mother died or something?

Werra hell? wink It's just a slap! No biggie-

@Topic:Like I always say, There's nothing like "a man should never hit a woman". If they are of equal strength, then they should go for it. No koso.

I think the reason people say "a man should never hit-----" is because, the fight is gonna be unfair. However, in a situation where the woman has an advantage over the man, (or they're on the "same level"wink, that theory doesn't apply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

When She Has Vaginal Odour (photo) / Cuddled My Girlfriend After A Heavy Rainfall Today - Photos / Davido And Chioma : A Lesson To Guys (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.