Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? (15723 Views)

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? / What Does It Mean,when A Girl Likes Hitting A Guy?. / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 06, 2011
Nekai:

Say no to drugs.  tongue

Violence is wrong both ways.  wink

<british>
I say!
I'll have you know that opium is not a drug!  angry
It is many things BUT a drug.

I would advise you take heed of this concept prior to speaking about this again.  undecided

</british>

tongue
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by LadyT(f): 10:56pm On May 06, 2011
If a woman hits a man he has every right to hit her back.  People should learn to keep their hands to themselves.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 11:20pm On May 06, 2011
@nekai abi na nike

Re-read the quote. If you are the type of person to respond with your fists, you should be that way with everyone who provokes you. If you are only picking fights that you can easily win, that makes you a coward.

Why should i pick a fight i cannot win? Are you ok at all? So if i see someone that i am sure can beat me, i still should still fight? What is cowardly about sensibly avoiding a fight I am sure to lose?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 11:36am On May 07, 2011
@ Poster

Don't mind these deceitful women and their pus.si.e-whipped male apologists. On one hand they are quick to yell that men and women are equal (that relationships/marriages should be anchored on equality; that there should be no such thing as submissiveness; and that if men can cheat, women can too, bla bla), but on the other hand, they tell you that women are naturally weaker than men, or that men have physical advantages, (or even that it is 'normal' for men to 'take care' of women!). Can there be anything equal between strong and weak? ? ? ? ? That is why I'm more than convinced that duplicity, blackmail, double-standard and hyprocrisy are naturally hard-wired into the female species genes.

Now, talking specifically about the issue of hitting a woman. Ordinarily, it should be unacceptable to brutalize any innocent HUMAN - man, woman or child. Going about beating persons who did not provoke you in any meaningful way is something that only beasts do. However, when a person provokes you sufficiently - and abuses you verbally and otherwise, the basic human instinct is to retaliate in any way you can. Not only would such retaliation put a temporary stop to such provocation, it may even serve as deterrence to future provocation. Therefore, there is NOTHING fundamentally wrong in a husband slapping the demons out of a wife that does not see the sense in respecting his position as the head of the home. I've seen where some wives take advantage of their husbands' gentleness (or should I say MUMUness) to rain curses and unprintable verbal abuse on the hapless men: "useless man", "impotent man" "jobless man", "worthless thing", "marrying a lazy, good for nothing man like you was the worst mistake of my life", "who told you that you're a man? If you're a man why can't you provide for your family, infidel", "I would have married my former boyfriend instead of a vegetable like you, I wouldn't even wish you on my worst enemy", etc. etc. etc. These are some of the daily 'words of inspiration' that some wives-from-hell pour generously on their unfortunate husbands. And yet such men are supposed to act 'mature' and 'cool-headed' by overlooking these provocations and trying to 'make things work' with their wives?

Truth is: respect is always reciprocal. I've never seen a case of wife battering that was not as a result of ceaseless verbal abuse or brazen disrespect on the part of the wife. Good, sensible women don't ever get hit by their husbands - no matter how violent the men are. I think women should work on themselves and their flippant mouths and unwifely behaviour rather than persist with the mindset that they are free to misbehave and abuse their men as they like - and that no matter what they do, they don't deserve to be hit by men. That's that.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 07, 2011
^^
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by LadyT(f): 1:47pm On May 07, 2011
Pro01 writing rubbish again. There are some men out there who hit women for stupid reasons such as not getting the evening meal right he wanted fufu she made eba etc domestic violence on both sides exist I can only assume you are a teenager or you walk around with blinkers on.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nekai(f): 6:30pm On May 07, 2011
Blood_Shed:

I literally LOL'D grin grin grin

I almost laughed myself to death, seriously, my cosuin just walked into my room all concerned.

angry Ok, we'll see.  cheesy

2buff:

<british>
I say!
I'll have you know that opium is not a drug!  angry
It is many things BUT a drug.

I would advise you take heed of this concept prior to speaking about this again.  undecided

</british>

tongue
shocked grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 07, 2011
pro01:

@ Poster

Don't mind these deceitful women and their pus.si.e-whipped male apologists. On one hand they are quick to yell that men and women are equal (that relationships/marriages should be anchored on equality; that there should be no such thing as submissiveness; and that if men can cheat, women can too, bla bla), but on the other hand, they tell you that women are naturally weaker than men, or that men have physical advantages, (or even that it is 'normal' for men to 'take care' of women!). Can there be anything equal between strong and weak? ? ? ? ? That is why I'm more than convinced that duplicity, blackmail, double-standard and hyprocrisy are naturally hard-wired into the female species genes.

Now, talking specifically about the issue of hitting a woman. Ordinarily, it should be unacceptable to brutalize any innocent HUMAN - man, woman or child. Going about beating persons who did not provoke you in any meaningful way is something that only beasts do. However, when a person provokes you sufficiently - and abuses you verbally and otherwise, the basic human instinct is to retaliate in any way you can. Not only would such retaliation put a temporary stop to such provocation, it may even serve as deterrence to future provocation. Therefore, there is NOTHING fundamentally wrong in a husband slapping the demons out of a wife that does not see the sense in respecting his position as the head of the home. I've seen where some wives take advantage of their husbands' gentleness (or should I say MUMUness) to rain curses and unprintable verbal abuse on the hapless men: "useless man", "impotent man" "jobless man", "worthless thing", "marrying a lazy, good for nothing man like you was the worst mistake of my life", "who told you that you're a man? If you're a man why can't you provide for your family, infidel", "I would have married my former boyfriend instead of a vegetable like you, I wouldn't even wish you on my worst enemy", etc. etc. etc. These are some of the daily 'words of inspiration' that some wives-from-hell pour generously on their unfortunate husbands. And yet such men are supposed to act 'mature' and 'cool-headed' by overlooking these provocations and trying to 'make things work' with their wives?

Truth is: respect is always reciprocal. I've never seen a case of wife battering that was not as a result of ceaseless verbal abuse or brazen disrespect on the part of the wife. Good, sensible women don't ever get hit by their husbands - no matter how violent the men are. I think women should work on themselves and their flippant mouths and unwifely behaviour rather than persist with the mindset that they are free to misbehave and abuse their men as they like - and that no matter what they do, they don't deserve to be hit by men. That's that.

Chei & GBAM raised to the power of GBAM
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 10:06pm On May 07, 2011
It is ashamed that men view themselves as dogs and then get mad when they are called dogs.
[size=22pt]Interesting.[/size]

A real man doesn't need to hit a woman to feel like a man neither a real woman doesn't need to hit a man to test to see if he is a real man. Physical assault is a crime on both gender and if you are dumb enough to be with someone that hits you on a daily basis even with reasons or not then you are dumb enough to be referred as a punching bag.

No one can treat you anyway you allows them to treat you. The bottom line is do not get in any relationship with someone that is physical or not and love yourself enough to know that you are worth more than a sour puss arse nigga.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 07, 2011
@nekai, I think it's obvious by now that I watch too much Monty Python and this grin grin wink >>>V
[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNmBauXYzgc[/flash]
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nekai(f): 4:21am On May 08, 2011
grin grin grin

I hope very intelligent women don't repulse and frighten you!
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 7:33am On May 08, 2011
Nah luv.
Those are the only women worth the time. kiss
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by InkedNerd(f): 7:40am On May 08, 2011
@OP: Look, here's a rule I go by. If I hit someone whether male or female then I would expect that they would or could possibly hit me back as well. If they hit me whether male or female then they should expect me to swing back. Plain and simple. FYI, I olny hit or fight to defend myself.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 8:42am On May 08, 2011
when i was younger i used to fight at the very slightest provocation, but as i became older i've learnt that, fighting has never and would never solve any issue.
People who use fighting as a means to resolve issues are just like my 11yr old brother, they react to the very first thought that crosses their mind.
As adults we have the power of control, every where u go notice this, people who learn to use their mind have been known to control those who use their their strength.
I won't beat a woman, neither will i fight with a dude either, i've grown beyond that stage of my life.
@op men who beat women can or cannot be called cowards,
If you know you don't have the strength for a fight, then you should not brace up for one.
A woman who gets beat up should check her attitude, and a man who beats up a woman should go for counselling. Thats my take.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Brisingr(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2011
a quote from my role model a love-vendor named slickback
Let us pray the love-vendor's prayer: Lord, please pray
for the soul of this biaaatch and guide my
love-vendor hand and make it strong Lord, so
that she might learn a hoe's place.
grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Dsense(m): 2:28pm On May 08, 2011
OP.

Continue hitting women . . . Hope it suits serves/suits your fantasy better . . . . undecided undecided

But answer this question:
How would you feel when seeing your mumm getting whooped/punched by your dadd?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 3:42pm On May 08, 2011
^^^^

Good question. How would you feel when seeing your brother and your father have a three.some with your sister?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 08, 2011
D-sense:

OP.

Continue hitting women . . . Hope it suits serves/suits your fantasy better . . . . undecided undecided

But answer this question:
How would you feel when seeing your mumm getting whooped/punched by your dadd?

grin grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by duduspace(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2011
Timi1990:

i dnt think there's any law that sayr 'thou shall not hit a woman'. For me , i think any form of violence, arguement,conflict or fighting can not be totaly eradicated 4rm the society, they can only be managed to the lowest level. Thus, as many women are claiming equality interms of education, employment,politics,leadership etc. Therefore when it come to physical challenge among both of them both of them have equal right to challenge each other. So 4 me 'thou shall not hit a woman' is not an ideology that i will accept. Even among animals, the stronger animals always take advantage of the weaker ones. Even among countries in the world, the world powers will always take advantage of the weaker states. Superiority is bound by nature and its just inevitable

Jeez, what kinda jungle is this chap from? very soon yu'll be asking us to select our president through some kinda WWE Royal Rumble because its natural for the alpha male to lead the wolf pack. undecided
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 4:51pm On May 08, 2011
^^^^

A president does not need to be physically strong. We should select our president based on a leadership and IQ test.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by duduspace(m): 4:57pm On May 08, 2011
beejaei:

^^^^

A president does not need to be physically strong. We should select our president based on a leadership and IQ test.

According to that bolded portion, the chap is suggesting that might is right because nature says it is so. I find it amazing that there are still people who think that way. I'm sure the people in the mental health industry will have some colourful name for such a mind set.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Mynd44: 5:07pm On May 08, 2011
Here is a question you should answers what if your father beats on your mother what would you do? Or better if a conductor beats up your mother?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by emmatok(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2011
@post

It is a big deal for a man to hit a woman as it a big deal for a woman to hit a man.

But the hypocrisy is from the woman .

There is a post here where a MIL slapped her SIL for talking to "harshly" to her daughter(wife).

But most women supported the MIL's action, then criticize the SIL for talking to his wife "harshly"

So you see the hypocrites. They see noting wrong hitting a man, but makes noise when if the man touches them.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by swiftycool(m): 5:39pm On May 08, 2011
i believe its not right 4 anyone male or female 2 hit the other in a relationship. However men hitting women is over reported. We generally asume women got less strenght yet often they get in the mans house, triple in size and weight, grow balls while starving the man till he is paper weight to easily beat him. This situation happens in a lot of African an A/American homes according to statistics. The fact today is more men r being hit first by big wives and we only hear of it if they retaliate. e.g Ghana
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by swiftycool(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

Here is a question you should answers what if your father beats on your mother what would you do? Or better if a conductor beats up your mother?
Ill answer like a Nigerian, you also asume this scenario, what if your mum were bigger than your dad and whoops his @ss, or better still one big fat @ss crazy "Isale eko" area mother Beats up yr dad?!! Be honest, Does any look better?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by lastpage: 6:13pm On May 08, 2011
Every woman going into marriage SHOULD be handed a summary-copy of the below, by her father!
I call it the "Manual of Mutual Respect" between a man (husband) and a woman (wifey).

@Pro01

Now, talking specifically about the issue of hitting a woman. Ordinarily, it should be unacceptable to brutalize any innocent HUMAN - man, woman or child. Going about beating persons who did not provoke you in any meaningful way is something that only beasts do. However, when a person provokes you sufficiently - and abuses you verbally and otherwise, the basic human instinct is to retaliate in any way you can. Not only would such retaliation put a temporary stop to such provocation, it may even serve as deterrence to future provocation. Therefore, there is NOTHING fundamentally wrong in a husband slapping the demons out of a wife that does not see the sense in respecting his position as the head of the home. I've seen where some wives take advantage of their husbands' gentleness (or should I say MUMUness) to rain curses and unprintable verbal abuse on the hapless men: "useless man", "impotent man" "jobless man", "worthless thing", "marrying a lazy, good for nothing man like you was the worst mistake of my life", "who told you that you're a man? If you're a man why can't you provide for your family, infidel", "I would have married my former boyfriend instead of a vegetable like you, I wouldn't even wish you on my worst enemy",  etc. etc. etc. These are some of the daily 'words of inspiration' that some wives-from-hell pour generously on their unfortunate husbands. And yet such men are supposed to act 'mature' and 'cool-headed' by overlooking these provocations and trying to 'make things work' with their wives?

Truth is: Respect is always reciprocal. I've never seen a case of wife battering that was not as a result of ceaseless verbal abuse or brazen disrespect on the part of the wife. Good, sensible women don't ever get hit by their husbands - no matter how violent the men are. I think women should work on themselves and their flippant mouths and unwifely behaviour rather than persist with the mindset that they are free to misbehave and abuse their men as they like - and that no matter what they do, they don't deserve to be hit by men. That's that.

Pro01: If anyone calls you a kid, then you're the wisest kid God ever created!
I have seen "some" abuse you because of the above, well,.,.,just read the rubbish they spew and you would agree with the word of the Bible which says "by their fruit, ye shall know them"!

What you have written above shows that you are not only matured, but you have wisdom, you are fair-minded and have a balanced mind.

For those that asked you the question about "watching their Father beat their Mother", let me also reverse the question for them!

"How would you feel watching your mother battering your father or ruthlessly humiliating him? Yea, tell us how you will fell! Hapy, right? Afterall, he is a man and just deserves it, huh? (not that he cant deal with her, but he just wants to conform to the "manly standards wink set by 'who-knows')

Truth is: In life, we cannot "pick and choose", only when it serves our selfish purpose!
I dont advocate ANYONE (man or woman) beating or denigrating  the other.
In a marriage, there should be MUTUAL RESPECT and like any "association/partnership", there are expectations;

Maybe, COUPLES SHOULD TELL THEMSELVES (in writing)
1.)What they expect of him/her in Marriage
2.) What he/she should expect of them, in marriage.

Any woman that would includes:
1.)I would beat you up, if you annoy me (or who has beaten his man up, during courtship grin )
2.) I would rain curses and unprintable verbal abuse like: (on you) "useless man", "impotent man" "jobless man", "worthless thing", "marrying a lazy, good for nothing man like you was the worst mistake of my life", "who told you that you're a man? If you're a man why can't you provide for your family, infidel", "I would have married my former boyfriend instead of a vegetable like you, I wouldn't even wish you on my worst enemy",  when annoyed.,.,
IS ENTITLED TO DO SO, if the man goes ahead and marries her! grin

What you get nowadays is women who "behave impeccably" before marriage and once married, will become something completely unimaginable, to the man!
(more like pretending! especially in the western world where they use the Police to harass their husbands and then "claim" his house and all his life's hardwork!)

Dont be surprised, very soon we will have "Pre-nuptial contracts" being the order of the day in Nigeria too, as is in Europe and America.
This is because some men are beginning to "wise-up" to this pretense by "some" women!

Mind you, some women are "made-in-heaven" and if you are lucky to have one of those ones (wife material!), then you are not only blessed, you will never have any reason (even if she begs you to do so, so she knows how it feels grin ) to as much as shout at her.

But if you get tricked into a marriage by one of the "exact opposite" and you're then foolish enough to take her abroad, thinking you're making life better for her and the children, GOD HELP YOU lipsrsealed wink

Some women even hate being a woman, they prefer or wished God has created them as men and thus,  they have this "aggressively-abusive instinct" in them. They get very aggressive at men, just for the sake of it.
These "types" are very evil [/b]and would destroy any good "family relationship" because they themselves cant maintain one!
Dont mind if they call themselves "[b]Mrs
X or Y", check them out in real life, they dont have a marriage! tongue No sane man can stand them kiss

And they would try as much as possible, (just like Satan), to deceive as many other women who are currently enjoying family life, to destroy such so that their ranks can be swollen wink

Finally, a man(husband) should respect a woman(wifey) and a woman should respect a man. That is what "equality" is all about or are we no longer equal, anymore? grin
Like the God,  "the author" of marriages said "Wives, RESPECT your husbands", Husbands, LOVE your wife". End of story.

BTW: if you're interested in reading about "Domestic Violence" on MEN, click the link below
http://www.dvmen.org/dv-25.htm#pgfId-1333865
.,.,.,.at your own risk sha o! grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 08, 2011
Why Oluwaseun Osewa bothers to entertain buffoons like the poster continues to baffle me.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Tcrack(m): 6:22pm On May 08, 2011
if beating was not part of the option, you you not find a way of solving your problems with her? my parents have been married 30 years and my dad has never raised his hands against my mum.still he is the man of the house. ONLY WEAK MEN BEAT WOMEN.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:27pm On May 08, 2011
See many of the womens' responses here? This is why it's best to avoid seriously settling down because most women think this way. And they're letting you know by saying these things.

Tcrack:

ONLY WEAK MEN BEAT WOMEN.

Another man-gina here.

I mean it's cool that your dad never raised his hand against your mum and so on, but that's because she knows her place as a woman.

But again, if a female acts like a man, wants to tell you how to be a man, tries to put herself in a man's shoes and step to you like a man, then you should treat her like a man.
If a man is weak for putting a woman in her place physically, then isn't he even weaker if he just lets someone weaker hit him and get away with it?

I mean seriously, you must be f.cking mad if you honestly think someone who initiates violence doesn;t deserve anything back in return.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:34pm On May 08, 2011
Nekai:

angry Ok, we'll see.  cheesy

We'll see what? Abeg you can't tell me anything.

Fool!
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Dsense(m): 6:41pm On May 08, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

grin grin

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by swiftycool(m): 6:51pm On May 08, 2011
Sometimes its easy to tell a man to walk away when he is seriously provoked to anger, alot of people advocate replying verbal abuse for the like. but the truth is some abuse are more devastating than a hundred slaps. A friend of mine slapped his wife for the first time after she called his dear mum a prostit*te, he claimed he tried his best to walk away but her continous singing in this line on him drove him mad, he had to make her stop. Pls i need a Lady's opinion, is this justifiable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

You Are Not Pure If You Don't See This (pic): Just For Fun / Magun(thunderbolt) / Davido And Chioma : A Lesson To Guys (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.