Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? (15738 Views)

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? / What Does It Mean,when A Girl Likes Hitting A Guy?. / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 1:01am On May 09, 2011
I think a lot of folks are assuming that some men are saying that it is OK to hit a woman in any situation. No, that is not what we are saying; no matter how much a woman verbally provokes me, as long as she is using her words, not her hands, I have absolutely no reason to hit her. But if she lays one on me like that lady in the video and expects me to be a gentleman, then she is mistaken. A lot of people deserve to be slapped because they run their mouths too much; nevertheless, provocation or rudeness or insults are not a good rationale for hitting someone.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by bikokwe(m): 1:03am On May 09, 2011
TRUE TALk
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 1:06am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

@Jenifa

Your father na lost cause. What is the cause for the unwarranted insult? Dem force you to reply. Oloshi. Your father is an homose.xual ped.ophile.

you are certainly a product of a rap[size=1pt].[/size]e case.

omo_to_dun:

I think a lot of folks are assuming that some men are saying that it is OK to hit a woman in any situation. No, that is not what we are saying; [b]no matter how much a woman verbally provokes me, as long as she is using her words, not her hands, I have absolutely no reason to hit her. [/b]But if she lays one on me like that lady in the video and expects me to be a gentleman, then she is mistaken. A lot of people deserve to be slapped because they run their mouths too much; nevertheless, provocation or rudeness or insults are not a good rationale for hitting someone.

true talk.  unfortunately, most naija guys on here actually beat women as "self defense from verbal abuse"
I use quotation marks because a foolish poster on here actually said that!!
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 1:19am On May 09, 2011
you are certainly a product of a rap.e case.

@Jenifa

I am sorry i rap.ed your mum only. Next time I will include your daughter.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 1:24am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

@Jenifa

I am sorry i rap.ed your mum only. Next time I will include your daughter.

oloshi. what if I neither have a mother nor a daughter. so what gives?
anyways you get the point. stop d violence against women.

http://www.afrol.com/articles/16471
http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/subjindx/142wm2.htm
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 1:39am On May 09, 2011
I am not violent against women. I just want a just and fair treatment of men. And if you will not treat men fairly, at least admit that men are second-class citizens.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 1:42am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

at least admit that men are second-class citizens.

men are second class citizen in Nigeria? are you high or you live in the bush?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by annita19(f): 1:47am On May 09, 2011
Where I came from it is a bigger deal to hit a woman. .
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 1:48am On May 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Please! Somebody help! I am almost on the floor! grin grin grin cry cry cry cry grin grin grin grin

shocked grin Are you about to die by any chance?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 1:58am On May 09, 2011
men are second class citizen in Nigeria? are you high or you live in the bush?

@Jenifa

Your mouth is too sharp. I do not have time for you. If women are allowed to hit men without men hitting back, then men are second-class citizens.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 2:02am On May 09, 2011
Men are second class citizens everywhere, excluding those males in the ruling elite.

Men do the toughest jobs, and over 90% of workplace deaths are of men.

Men have no marital rights, just obligations that carry over into divorce. Men have no reproductive rights, just financial demands. Who do you see the most in the mental hospitals? Who do you see mostly in jail? Who's getting shot and killed in the military mostly?

Men have no choice but the work, retire later, and men die younger than most women (at least 7 years age difference).
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 2:10am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

@Jenifa

Your mouth is too sharp. I do not have time for you. If women are allowed to hit men without men hitting back, then men are second-class citizens.

it's ok. i'm just competing with you since your own mouth sef was sharpened by gillette razor.

nobody said women are allowed to hit men. nobody should be hitting anybody. men or women
the big deal about men hitting women comes from the fact that 95% of the time, it's men who hit women. it's based on the statistical evidence.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 2:11am On May 09, 2011
^^^^

@Blood_Shed

Very well put. There should be a masculinist movement to demand equality for men in the workplace and in the home. Enough is enough. We will no longer stand to be discriminated against.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 2:12am On May 09, 2011
the big deal about men hitting women comes from the fact that 95% of the time, it's men who hit women. it's based on the statistical evidence

@Jenifa

You may have a point there.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 2:16am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

^^^^

@Blood_Shed

Very well put. There should be a masculinist movement to demand equality for men in the workplace and in the home. Enough is enough. We will no longer stand to be discriminated against.

There are many organisations, like Fathers 4 Justice over here in the UK who are doing their bit. But it's going to take alot of work and I can't see things changing in my lifetime to be honest. I just play my part in protecting myself from most women and these pus.s.y whipped chivalrous simps who support them and law that enforces this feminist ideology.

You live in Naija?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 2:21am On May 09, 2011
Naah. I am in the US.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 2:26am On May 09, 2011
beejaei:

@Jenifa

You may have a point there.

of course I do tongue

Men do the toughest jobs, and over 90% of workplace deaths are of men

instead of complaining about a tough job, give it to a woman. she will take it from you without batting an eyelid!!

anyway though, I kinda feel some of you guys' pain but seriously, you need to forget your ego. men and women are becoming increasingly on an equal footing. women are taking advantage of their newly found opportunity while d men are slacking.
ex. men don't want to become nurses or teachers because it's a woman's job but a woman will jump at a chance to do a "man's job"
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by sledge406: 2:28am On May 09, 2011
BABE!:

^^That babe made the guy her B1tch, though!!!! See how the Nigga is crying like his mother died or something?

Werra hell? wink It's just a slap! No biggie-

@Topic:Like I always say, There's nothing like "a man should never hit a woman". If they are of equal strength, then they should go for it. No koso.

I think the reason people say "a man should never hit-----" is because, the fight is gonna be unfair. However, in a situation where the woman has an advantage over the man, (or they're on the "same level"wink, that theory doesn't apply.

Half the force the slap he gave the girl, if landed on your face I'm sure would put you in coma and you say he's crying like his mum died when a s[i]tu[/i]pid man attacked him for slapping a girl who slapped him "with his hands behind him".

Lastpage, your analysis made me watch that video and goodness me, I'll say the girl deserved it and more. You see how quiet and calm she was after that resounding slap? grin cheesy "How can you slap me?" grin

These are situations I pray against seeing myself. God help us all.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 2:35am On May 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

instead of complaining about a tough job, give it to a woman. she will take it from you without batting an eyelid!!

anyway though, I kinda feel some of you guys' pain but seriously, you need to forget your ego. men and women are becoming increasingly on an equal footing. women are taking advantage of their newly found opportunity while d men are slacking.
ex. men don't want to become nurses or teachers because it's a woman's job but a woman will jump at a chance to do a "man's job"

First of all, who's complaining? The opportunities that feminism has brought jas allowed you to take on those jobs, so the fact that most women DON't take on those jobs explains that most of them don't "take it from you without batting an eyelid!!". They just resort to the typical female reaction when faced with a challenge they underestimated, "waah wahh waaaah, please help me, I'm jus ta poor little girl".

Zap outta here!

Any man reading these responses from females on these topics, understand that this is a snapshot of a feeling that's widespread in most women on and offline.
Are these the kind of people you want mothering your children? Because they will use them as bargaining chips and weapons against you.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by shyone1: 3:18am On May 09, 2011
broken snaga-tooth, black eye, bruises, uneven-dried up tears and damaged hair, broken nails, beauty and youth gone - ALL STARING UP AT YOU from crouching tiger position processing your blowj_b - that is the end picture for you to see after the constant beatings because you see nothing wrong with hitting women - all you need is to know that they hit you first.

i have a male family member (thank god only ONE) who says, "I don't care who they are, how old they are, their gender or their age - they hit me first, I hit them back."  Everyone in the family sees them as the dunce they are and steers clear of them - not wanting to be aligned with the coconut -  no one has the time to school or train - our lives are moving so fast on the success track - either you have it or your don't

likewise i don't want a man who has a black eye, filth under their nails, dirt in their hair, bruises (regularly) - who wants to look at that and call it their own and introduce it?  i love beauty and peace - everyday I look at his beautiful cultured,domesticated, bruise-free Yoruba face and he is just scrumptious, adorable.

i don't box and i don't want a boxer - and i don't want to be tempted to look at another man because me and my man are fighting and giving each other bruises - what kind of crazy love is that?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by shyone1: 3:33am On May 09, 2011
respect, love, tenderness, caring for each others feelings and wanting the best for his life and he wanting success in my life - that's love

also - people lose their temper but there are CERTAIN LINES THAT SHOULD NEVER BE CROSSED - hitting, threatening to be violent - IS UNACCEPTABLE

my makeup is to be gentle, AND THAT'S TRUTH, but if i ever have occasion to fear for my safety or my life - i am not an enemy a man wants to have and close his eyes - he will sleep with one eye open he lay his hand on me - i don't instigate, but i will defend myself to my last breath and i am extremely creative and flexible - i took gymnastics for years

see - this is why my guy has to be loving and patient and flexible - we all lose our tempers - but as soon as things get out of hand - he should be the leader in any and all situations - his choice should always be the "high road" - a sector of my thought shouldn't be prepped to be in round-off, back-flip, both heels crushing testicle-mode - lololololol
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 3:46am On May 09, 2011
I love your post in general but this sounds so wrong:
" everyday I look at his cultured domesticated yoruba face" since when did we become objects of exoticization for foreigners? lol
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by ShyOne(f): 3:47am On May 09, 2011
@Jenifa

I know - I'm sorry - I can't help - he is so beautiful - that Yoruba face of his - lololololololol - man I am looking at that guy as I type - wow exoticization what does that even mean? I like that word though - ahahahahaha
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 4:00am On May 09, 2011
lol it's supposed to be racist. kinda like fetishism, objectification etc
you sure are hilarious grin I imagine him as a puppy lol
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by ShyOne(f): 4:06am On May 09, 2011
oopsss - ohhh - ok - thanks for catching me and not getting angry - lololol

let me rephrase - my bad - i don't keep up with the tribalism as much anymore

I love his "cultured, beautiful, domesticated facial features"

puppy NOOOO - lolololol - he is sooo manly and masculine looking - he's very yummy
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by ShyOne(f): 4:08am On May 09, 2011
some men look soft and playboy looking

My guy looks rugged and masculine - ahhhhhhhhh - i love it on him
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 4:21am On May 09, 2011
oh ok. he must be very proud and will be blushing to see ur post tongue lol
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by ShyOne(f): 4:27am On May 09, 2011
nooo - he doesn't read my posts - it is rare - he is always working - more than me

i still do have a small handle on wanting to keep my pride - and there are times that my thoughts and his go in different directions especially on some of these threads on NL - he still is a very proud man and a Nigerian in Nigeria - so we do think a lot differently - but sometimes these writers just drag it out of you - many times i don't even want to respond but there are times when we have to respond just on principle.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Jenifa1: 4:31am On May 09, 2011
lol. that's lovely

totally agree with you. imagine some of these men who believe in beating up women. how ridiculous it is. it's difficult not not to comment on that.

i'm pretty sure I also differ from you on some issues.
but like you say,at the end of the day it's all about standing by your principles and moral values.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by ShyOne(f): 4:51am On May 09, 2011
wink

Yes we differ - I do recall - and that's ok - we can still listen and learn and appreciate each other on different platforms

that's what separates the chaff from the wheat

we will be the ones still around - wisely working to keep our stress at low levels by demonstrating and perfecting "the art of Communication."
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 5:20am On May 09, 2011
lmao @ Chima. grin girl i hope you had a glass of water with all that laughter! LOL.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 5:22am On May 09, 2011
Hey sis! grin

Girl! I was hurting myself! It was funny how upset they were and somebody kilt me when he said UNAFRICAN. I was done.

I am unAmerican. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

When She Has Vaginal Odour (photo) / Cuddled My Girlfriend After A Heavy Rainfall Today - Photos / Davido And Chioma : A Lesson To Guys (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.