Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (46600 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by teemy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
Low mentality in Africa is the problem,i Remember back then when i lost my dad i went to ask loan from my Aunty who my dad helped, i remember her coming to visit my old man than my late old man will empty everything we have in house i stop my primary 6 then just because p man wan help her beloved sister undecided then he died what my aunty opened her stinking mouth to say to me after my dads burial"hey come here, see if you think my money or any of us will give u guys any penny your dreaming right i owe u guys nothing likewise my brother and sisters so if u like go and hustle" it shocked me because we just buried his brother that day i saw her crying why this vaxation i thought she was joking till i went to ask for money to pay my school fees i saw the shock of my life angry angry Never hope on anyone Not ever your own blood brother make plans for yourself and your children, right know she's asking me to help his son to come over to germany guess what i will Bleep them up in a very big way will allow the boy to come over then set him up they will lock him up or deport him undecided for illegal stay and position of drugs

You will probably end up hurting yourself should you attempt any vendetta. Your dad was nice to your aunt, she misbehaved towards you. Your aunt hurt your feelings, you want to jail the son. In the end, it will be a circle of hatred and you need to be the one to cut it off.

Let them be and be free yourself.

Wishing you well - Teemy

4 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by heniford2: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I hope you have reminded your aunty, what she said and did to ?.......

And how she equates this request vs her actions .......
she has forgotten her action towards me and my family this particular lady made me watch my mom shed tears mom sold all her clothes everything she was wearing turn to rag, my fat mom slim down to "i" the started saying she has AIDs blah blah the make mockery of my mom in front of me i watch her talk trash of my mom all of them will test it from to zee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
OfeAchi:
Nigerians and Africans are a hypocrital and evil minded lot. The Blackman is genetically wicked and as such won't help.
That's why all my kids must marry Caucasian

Pls this is a wrong narrative, if you are genetically wicked or have a mind to be because of the few black men you have associated with, then you should limit it to your experience and not to all Blacks , we still have good men even better than Caucasians as Black men......
If you are not good ,pls I am and most people here are....what kind of mindset is this,so poor for a civilised person
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by BabbanBura(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
OpinionCounts:

I tell you, I have seen a lot of irresponsible behaviors by people who believe it is their right to be made comfortable by their rich brother without doing anything.

Some even begin to select the kind of work they cannot "stoop low" to do, basing their ego on the wealth of their brother instead of going out there to carve out a living for theirself.

Very true, and these issues have torn families apart!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Komu1048(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
twosquare:
A family is like a forest when you’re far away and all the trees are together, but when you get closer, each tree has its respective position. A Twi proverb.

Experience and goodness are relative

I know what I’m saying, I School in the east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by ebenezer880(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2021

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Issues40(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Our people have an adage. They say "When dead body begin dey smell for your room, na then we go know who be your brother"
What I am trying to say is this: There are certain difficult; very difficult situations that even that your very best friend won't be able to handle. Only your family will stand for you in such situations. They might be stingy with their wealth and all but you still need them one way or the other and cannot do without them. Now I can say this confidently because I know that being poor is not the worst situation one can find him or herself in.
My people, pray you don't encounter certain problems and challenges oo
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Kirkman: 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
oliverano:

You've made lots of valid points and yes you're right about a lot of things.

Education is very important here.

I don't give people money as a way of help.

That's not to say I won't assist you if the need is urgent with raw cash.

here's the thing. You know your family and you'll know who is doing well and who's not.

What I do, because I try to be very anonymous. I send a friend, or a delegate.

Tell so so person to go learn how to repair a car, the cost is on me etc

or tell xyz to go to abc and tender this letter, he'll be given a keke to drive and play back at a very low rate. We must make him pay back so he doesn't become unserious

I know i can't help every body but....

I'll help as far as I live and as far as I can!!!
May God continue or bless, reward and replenish you in wisdom according to all your needs as you reach out a helping hand to uplift others.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemmit90: 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
MrOwonikoko:
Or they don't help because they think you will do better than them or their children in future. undecided

This is most reasonable comment on this thread so far.

People are just ranting up and down, jumping from one excuse to another.

A typical black man dont want the next man to be like him or richer than him. He want to dominate, use and oppress the next man, hence his refusal to help. Seeing his relative or friends suffering is what give him much desire ago and respect.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by leofab(f): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=nowhere post=104495771][/quote]you were more interested
In the typographical error than the message… it’s typical of your kind.. pettiness.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by leofab(f): 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
TempUser:
angry
Are you kidding my institution?
it’s only the black man that want to be more English than the English.. continue

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Lexusgs430: 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
she has forgotten her action towards me and my family this particular lady made me watch my mom shed tears mom sold all her clothes everything she was wearing turn to rag, my fat mom slim down to "i" the started saying she has AIDs blah blah the make mockery of my mom in front of me i watch her talk trash of my mom all of them will test it from to zee

Hence, you need to refresh her memory.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by lawrenzooo: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
That's because women tend to be kind hearted towards their relatives. That's explains why in some homes you find most of the relatives living with the couple's coming from the woman's side, years later some of these relatives remember the favor
slawormiir:

it seems uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by elonmuskbaby: 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
bilulu:
I remember how my elder brother (first son) then in Europe help our second son to move to Canada, fast forward till today, the one in Canada has assisted both myself and the one in Europe then to Canada.... we all are about assisting another brother to Canada....
you're lucky you have reasonable brothers.not the one waiting and loafing around for you to send money to him because he has "elder brothers in the abroad"
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Gracire: 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
May God bless our hustle �If everyone is fine no need to look for help from anyone. Some family members can be so mean despite being rich while some family members also have sense of entitlement
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by NacoAba: 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Brother please don't do so, the best you can do is ignore them and not slow them come close to you . Stop picking their calls and let them find another country. But setting the guy up this one will automatically result to physical family war , it's better you change phone number, anytime you come home they ask you, you tell them you lost the phone, give them new number, return back and change it again, this is better than setting him up ok.

heniford2:
Low mentality in Africa is the problem,i Remember back then when i lost my dad i went to ask loan from my Aunty who my dad helped, i remember her coming to visit my old man than my late old man will empty everything we have in house i stop my primary 6 then just because p man wan help her beloved sister undecided then he died what my aunty opened her stinking mouth to say to me after my dads burial"hey come here, see if you think my money or any of us will give u guys any penny your dreaming right i owe u guys nothing likewise my brother and sisters so if u like go and hustle" it shocked me because we just buried his brother that day i saw her crying why this vaxation i thought she was joking till i went to ask for money to pay my school fees i saw the shock of my life angry angry Never hope on anyone Not ever your own blood brother make plans for yourself and your children, right know she's asking me to help his son to come over to germany guess what i will Bleep them up in a very big way will allow the boy to come over then set him up they will lock him up or deport him undecided for illegal stay and position of drugs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

Someone will come tomorrow and give reasons why the devil is evil.

If you are super rich you want say this . The post above is right bro
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by 24brains(m): 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
Who family members epp? Alaye hustle your money and be in control of your life and stop hoping on members of a family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by tunize(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
That would be evil mehn God has blessed you shock the mom and let her feel the guilt all by herself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by heniford2: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Hence, you need to refresh her memory.........
never, it will hit her in a way she will be forced to sell her house which i will be the one to buy her house on trying to save his son, anyway i already said alot let me keep mute
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by akigbemaru: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
twind111:
This issue is of different categorie
1 AJUNMOBI O KAN TAANU.. It's a Yoruba proverb , for someone to be your close relative doesn't guarantee that he or she will help you, some prefer to face their immediate family I mean kids and wife only.

2 PAST FAMILY HISTORY.. many rich family member didn't get help too when they are struggling. So you expect them to be of help too when they eventually arrive.

3 FAMILY ISSUE.. Take for instant you get a loan for a family member and he or she refuse to pay even when they can. If you persuade them too much they will say are we not family member.

4 MOST WICKED ENEMY SOMETIMES COME FROM THE FAMILY.. I mean spiritually. As a Nigerian you should understand this better.E.G. how can only you build 3 houses when we have none WAHALA. At your age I was still in form 4 and you say you need money for school fee in a university abeg wait till next year.e.t.c

5 ONE RICH MAN IN A POOR FAMILY.. when you have only just one rich man or just a few of them in a family what do you expect. how many do you think they can help .. when the pressure is too much they will distance themselves from family..

NOTE: it's only those sent by God that can help.. And if you receive help from a family member please don't misuse the opportunity it may hinder help of another family member.. If you didn't receive help from any family member now please don't have the wicked mindset that you too will not help .
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Enibanks(f): 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
the only family you have is your father,mother, your husband/wife and children, if you even come from a polygamous family your case is sorry, because there will be competitions here and there and there will be enviness all over so you gats think about yourself first before thinking about anyone else

is it not in this small world whereby brothers and sisters are eviling their self
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Enibanks(f): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
the only family you have is your father,mother, your husband/wife and children, if you even come from a polygamous family your case is sorry, because there will be competitions here and there and there will be enviness all over so you gats think about yourself first before thinking about anyone else
is it not in this small world whereby brothers and sisters are eviling their self
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by descarado: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
Your aunt is right. She don't owe you anything.
The sooner we get this in our head, the better our country will be

It's the reason people steal and do all dubious things. Cos they are looked up as saviour.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by descarado: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
Enibanks:

Your dad will tell you to pay house rent as soon as you come of age and is working. You don't I've rent free.
Entitlement mentality has killed us
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Jaqenhghar: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

Someone will come tomorrow and give reasons why the devil is evil.
Even if it will kill you in the process abi?
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by frog12: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
what if your family member build house before you even though na you dey help them all the time ?

wetin you go do ?
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by oliverano: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kirkman:

May God continue or bless, reward and replenish you in wisdom according to all your needs as you reach out a helping hand to uplift others.

God bless you too abundantly, for you to quote me means you have empathy as well as willingness to help.

Blessed!!!!

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Amopeekun(f): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Please, don't do that! If you are still pained, don't help at all. You became successful because God wants to teach your aunt a lesson. Do not tell your Creator that He didn't do well by placing you above her. Just leave her and her children.
However when you decide to help, God will double your blessings. Just be careful how you help and who you let in. Simple!
heniford2:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by TheMostComplex1: 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
You better not help him to come over than setting him up afterwards. Please forgive & let go. Let God judge them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by MightyHand(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ogbeni op abi na Baby girl you be just stop this talk
....the point you raised are not valid.....or reasonable.....you mean because of all these someone can not assist family members .....you are talking like a typical uncle from our fathers family

Ogbeni op...let me tell you a secret...no matter what always assist and render help to your family.....
The easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

The one I hate most and have noticed in life is that it seems uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

You're right, funny enough it's not peculiar to Africa alone.. it happens World Wide

I am very close to my uncles From mama side like hunch back grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Darreytinho10(m): 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
Take it down.....I disagree with you....there should be no room for excuses, help your family members if you are capable

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female Child Vs Male Child / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.