Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (46607 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Drizzy5001(m): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Paternal uncles are too wicked Sha, very heartless set of people undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
twind111:
This issue is of different categorie
1 AJUNMOBI O KAN TAANU.. It's a Yoruba proverb , for someone to be your close relative doesn't guarantee that he or she will help you, some prefer to face their immediate family I mean kids and wife only.

2 PAST FAMILY HISTORY.. many rich family member didn't get help too when they are struggling. So you expect them to be of help too when they eventually arrive.

3 FAMILY ISSUE.. Take for instant you get a loan for a family member and he or she refuse to pay even when they can. If you persuade them too much they will say are we not family member.

4 MOST WICKED ENEMY SOMETIMES COME FROM THE FAMILY.. I mean spiritually. As a Nigerian you should understand this better.E.G. how can only you build 3 houses when we have none WAHALA. At your age I was still in form 4 and you say you need money for school fee in a university abeg wait till next year.e.t.c

5 ONE RICH MAN IN A POOR FAMILY.. when you have only just one rich man or just a few of them in a family what do you expect. how many do you think they can help .. when the pressure is too much they will distance themselves from family..

NOTE: it's only those sent by God that can help.. And if you receive help from a family member please don't misuse the opportunity it may hinder help of another family member.. If you didn't receive help from any family member now please don't have the wicked mindset that you too will not help .

Sha no post your picture . cause if do i go screenshot and if i jam you for future i no go help you no matter how small or big the situation is and if you ask me why i no help i go state all these your "reasons" and add another one join which is WE NO BE FAMILY grin lipsrsealed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by jimmychang: 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
yemmit90:

This is most reasonable comment on this thread so far.

People are just ranting up and down, jumping from one excuse to another.

A typical black man dont want the next man to be like him or richer than him. He want to dominate, use and oppress the next man, hence his refusal to help. Seeing his relative or friends suffering is what give him much desire ago and respect.

Rest not everybody is as wicked as you are.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

Someone will come tomorrow and give reasons why the devil is evil.

Abi o.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Let me share this here..
I have an elder sister, she got a car but she can’t drive very well..
And I can drive, I started to drive her without asking her to pay me I take her to her work and I hang around until 4pm then I bring her back home..
I just finished my schooling I’m waiting for service. One day I spoke to her about using the car for bolt so she can have another source of income..
She said she has been looking for someone, I told her I can do it since I’m waiting to be deployed by nov or Jan..
To cut the story short, she gave the car to someone else, this is my sister I have been driving without pay for the Past 3years..

Most family have lost its unique relationship. Don’t expect anything from anyone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
kherlly:
The only time you see help in a family is during burial... They will bill even the struggling ones in the family just to have a burial but they won't sit down and try to open a business for someone in the family that does not have.

Very common among the so-called S0phisticated tribe! I guess sophisticated in oppressing other family members with one's riches should be the refrain!

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jahwinaboy:
That MAYBE too much. JUST LET GO OR BETTER STILL TELL THEMB U CAN'T HELp but try remind the mum of those days

I will do the help if I am in his position but I will tell the child what the mother did to remind the mother if she has a conscience that is. I help sometimes just to prick people's conscience and mess up their minds!

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by onlyhope: 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kaysnow:
Let me share this here..
I have an elder sister, she got a car but she can’t drive very well..
And I can drive, I started to drive her without asking her to pay me I take her to her work and I hang around until 4pm then I bring her back home..
I just finished my schooling I’m waiting for service. One day I spoke to her about using the car for bolt so she can have another source of income..
She said she has been looking for someone, I told her I can do it since I’m waiting to be deployed by nov or Jan..
To cut the story short, she gave the car to someone else, this is my sister I have been driving without pay for the Past 3years..

Most family have lost its unique relationship. Don’t expect anything from anyone.
Why did she give her car to someone else? Ask her. She's your elder sister. Using the car as a taxicab is directly or indirectly your idea.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
Skyview01:

I stopped long time ago. I have full blow adults who wants to be on my payroll, it only serves to encourage laziness.
I train my kids to be productive individuals and not to expect from anyone. The world owes them nothing. If they want it, they have to go work for it.

I hope you are planning to take them abroad because those family members you refused to help could be the ones to help your kids tomorrow. Remember no condition is permanent! That is what my experiences in life has taught me! I hope you don't learn the bitter way! We want to behave like the whites when we don't have the opportunities they have there! Ire o!

I am not saying you should meet their every demands, why not teach them how to fish instead of giving them fish? They will forever be indebted to you if you do! Just a suggestion o.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by onlyhope: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
she has forgotten her action towards me and my family this particular lady made me watch my mom shed tears mom sold all her clothes everything she was wearing turn to rag, my fat mom slim down to "i" the started saying she has AIDs blah blah the make mockery of my mom in front of me i watch her talk trash of my mom all of them will test it from to zee
Well, I know what your aunt did can be sooo painful. Sometimes we feel their actions are unforgivable, but I'll say, let it go. If you do not want to help her son, you can dodge it stylishly. However, if you feel like helping, you can do too. I'm even surprised you still communicate with her.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
oliverano:

How to make money and be independent should be taught in school not this....

HELP OTHERS IF YOU CAN, FAMILY MEMBERS OR NOT!!!

Before you say we're saying same thing, I think we're not.

My dad died when I was in ss2, my mum was relatively young and was just a seamstress. in fact when my dad died, my mum became sick.

I thank God for my family members, it was just unbelievable. Even till today I still can't believe such acts of generosity because it's rare in Africa.

After sec school I was sent abroad to study. a family member did that for me.

If I wasn't helped by a family member, I would have been in prison by now or begging for food.

I've in turn helped others in my family first. The aim is to establish a foundation where a lot of less privileged will be assisted.

I believe in true religion. Help others but if you can, start from your family because at the end of the day family is still were you end up!!!.

See a good story from African communal living! I can guess your tribe is not the S0phisticated tribe, they never do such!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Cousin9999: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Abnormal insecurity (among many other maladaptive patterns).

But sometimes there are people who you can never give enough, and/or they waste it.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
aysnoopy:

Damnnn nigga, u are fucking right.
I've 8 siblings from my father side and 1 sibling from my mother side (I'm d last born of them all).
Damnnn, those siblings from my father side are fucking useless. No help from them no matter how little it is, but my one and only sister from my mother side is like my hunchback. She got my back everytime. I pray to be rich so that my sister will never lack for a sec.
Love u Adenike

Also, the uncles from the father's sides are much more wealthy than the ones from the other side but they never help whether they were helped or not!

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lamasta:
If God blesses you remember to help your struggling family members it will take nothing from You and at the end you will realize that its actually yourself you helped in the long run.

Do they ever remember that! My dad's benevolence when I was young to a non-family member is the reason I am a graduate today.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
labani06:
Live Is Based On Microcosm What Happen In Side Our Homes Is Just A Fractal Form Of The Whole Country Almost Everyone Is Selfish That Is WHY Nigeria Is Failing

You can say that again!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
oliverano:

You've made lots of valid points and yes you're right about a lot of things.

Education is very important here.

I don't give people money as a way of help.

That's not to say I won't assist you if the need is urgent with raw cash.

here's the thing. You know your family and you'll know who is doing well and who's not.

What I do, because I try to be very anonymous. I send a friend, or a delegate.

Tell so so person to go learn how to repair a car, the cost is on me etc

or tell xyz to go to abc and tender this letter, he'll be given a keke to drive and play back at a very low rate. We must make him pay back so he doesn't become unserious

I know i can't help every body but....

I'll help as far as I live and as far as I can!!!

As long as you are teaching people to fish, that is still right in my books! A better way to offer help!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by jesmond3945: 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
harjay1986:

you are right to some extent but wrong also because not all help require money some might be connection, influencing and many more I have an uncle who stay in france for more than ten years, he has a garage here that he sell EU use trucks head and cars me personally go to him that I want to travel out that he should just guilde me that I have my cash to spend .... the man start to avoid me ni ohhh I just delete his contact and use my money for business
he avoided you because he feels you came to him because he is in France. If he was in mushin, I am not sure you would to think about him.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Komu1048:

Immediately I saw the thread I know it’s Yorubas, they will never help not the one I come from. But Igbos r exceptionally good to each other. That’s why they grow together

You even had to mention the tribe! I am from that tribe and you couldn't be far from the truth. If I were Igbo, I will be way ahead in my career by now because I am not lazy, I have just not seen opportunities!

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by jesmond3945: 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
grossintel:
The major reason Is mindset, wickedness and greed biko. In my family we help each other, I find a business that works I replicate it for each and everyone of my family.

If any family member doesn't have capital we contribute money! At some point everyone of my family member was making cool 400k per month even my 50 year old mom from a business I introduced to them. Of what need would it be if na only me get money for my family and my brother dey beg!

Abeg we show each other road biko, make all of us get the money enjoy am.
we mean extended family
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by hstar: 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
coming back to read
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by MusaChukwudi: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ogbeni op abi na Baby girl you be just stop this talk
....the point you raised are not valid.....or reasonable.....you mean because of all these someone can not assist family members .....you are talking like a typical uncle from our fathers family

Ogbeni op...let me tell you a secret...no matter what always assist and render help to your family.....
The easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

The one I hate most and have noticed in life is that it seems uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

You are not well!!!

Thief! You uncle hustled for his money and you don’t know the FFKing pressure he is under. Go and work!

This stupid mentality is the reason Africans are dirt poor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemi1504: 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I hope you have reminded your aunty, what she said and did to ?.......

And how she equates this request vs her actions .......

That is what he should do! Remind her of her wickedness but go ahead to help her son just to prick her conscience if she ever has one and to show you will never be like her in behavior. I do that sometimes and it is a way to go in my opinion.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by truthhurts2: 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ogbeni op abi na Baby girl you be just stop this talk
....the point you raised are not valid.....or reasonable.....you mean because of all these someone can not assist family members .....you are talking like a typical uncle from our fathers family

Ogbeni op...let me tell you a secret...no matter what always assist and render help to your family.....
The easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

The one I hate most and have noticed in life is that it seems uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

Ogbeni slawormiir...

What you wrote up there is just nothing but absolutely the truth. Your head dey dia
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by harjay1986: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
jesmond3945:
he avoided you because he feels you came to him because he is in France. If he was in mushin, I am not sure you would to think about him.

read my comment once again ..... because someone actually assist him to leave for france .... I do not approach him on the basis for him to finance me ... am a distance relative what about immediate one to him ..... everything comes down to saying that only people that God want to use to change something in your life, that will yield ... I don dey for street since my 11 years so no be today to make money ....

he only want people he will be oppression and dictate to and am not in dat class so I move
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by MusaChukwudi: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

Someone will come tomorrow and give reasons why the devil is evil.

You are not well. Werey go and work and uplift yourself from there!!!!

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by One1Nigeria: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
Komu1048:

The first time I heard, the easiest loan is from friend and family. It’s from a white lady, don’t be full family stands with each others in Europe, American n Asia than Africa.

a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matt 10:36 Kjv

New King James Version
and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’

U think say oyinbo na get sense

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Ekpekus(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
punisha:
This topic deserves to be taught in schools.

The family member u r looking up to for help could be needing major help as well...no one owes you anything. The entitlement mentality needs to be wiped away especially in Africa.
That I have a car and own a house don't mean I ain't owing bank loans. You may need just 50k and I can't help don't mean I am wicked. If I am to give, it should come from a place of love not cos I am a tool that generates money for everyone.
Many of the entitled ones will still violate privileges believing that they can come back again n again for help.

Stop expecting family members to come through always. Be considerate.
Jackie Chan is not leaving his money behind for his son....he asked his son to work hard and make his own money. Try it in Africa.
Oil dey your head...
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by truthhurts2: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
The word 'Family' have different meaning to different individuals... Sometimes, not by BLOOD.

The ones we called family sometimes are not even family while those we called "friends" are more like real FAMILY.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by aribisala0(m): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
What the hell is "help"
You better erase that word from your vocabulary if it means someone "dashing" you money

The best help a person can give anyone is education advice or the kind of help you give your neighbours whether you are related by blood or not
If your children are in private school and you give money to support the one whose are in Public school he will say you did not take his to private school like your own

Help in the eyes of a lazy man and that means most Nigerians is someone giving you money. When they give you will say "only this,,,, only that"
Imagine a scenario where a person earning 100k a month wants to do a 10 million Naira wedding because his brother did the same thing from his own pocket he now goes to that brother to ask for 5 million and the brother gives him 500 K . No thank you instead he goes around calling him stingy. Even if he finds 10 million should he be spending it on a wedding with his 100k salary

For me helping me is NOT giving me money . Do not have a sense of entitlement to relative's wealth and a sense of resentment to their "stinginess" . NO ONE in this life owes you ANYTHING

GET YOURS
We see the relatives of our politicians who have stolen money rolling in wealth and we think that is "HELP"

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Lexusgs430: 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
yemi1504:

That is what he should do! Remind her of her wickedness but go ahead to help her son just to prick her conscience if she ever has one and to show you will never be like her in behavior. I do that sometimes and it is a way to go in my opinion.

At this junction, we split ways ......... You headed left and i diverted right.......... cheesy

I would refresh her memory and tell her for that reason, she should sort her son out ......... cheesy wink
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Ekpekus(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
pansophist:
From what I've noticed, many people who claimed that their family didn't help them are downplaying the help that have been given to them. It's always good to hear from the rich family member in question, and you may just discover that the accuser is a liar.

Also, I've seen cases of poor family member refusing to be taught how to fish, they will rather prefer you go make the money and give it to them anytime they ask, while using guilt-tripping and shaming as a weapon of choice to beat you into submission if you refuse to be used. It can also be a case of the disproportionately distribution of drive within the human population.

Some people just have a low drive. Put them in the river, and they would still complian that the water is not enough to clear the soap in their eyes. All these factors can't be excluded. Lots of family members are actually loosers, to put it bluntly. How can you explain a situation where you've been assisting your family member for over ten years and still, they can't stand on their feet ? Just pray for God not to bless you a lazy family member because no matter what you do, you can't do enough.
You have written wisely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business / My Wife Is Too Proud To Apologise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.