Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (46606 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
twind111:
This issue is of different categorie
1 AJUNMOBI O KAN TAANU.. It's a Yoruba proverb , for someone to be your close relative doesn't guarantee that he or she will help you, some prefer to face their immediate family I mean kids and wife only.

2 PAST FAMILY HISTORY.. many rich family member didn't get help too when they are struggling. So you expect them to be of help too when they eventually arrive.

3 FAMILY ISSUE.. Take for instant you get a loan for a family member and he or she refuse to pay even when they can. If you persuade them too much they will say are we not family member.

4 MOST WICKED ENEMY SOMETIMES COME FROM THE FAMILY.. I mean spiritually. As a Nigerian you should understand this better.E.G. how can only you build 3 houses when we have none WAHALA. At your age I was still in form 4 and you say you need money for school fee in a university abeg wait till next year.e.t.c

5 ONE RICH MAN IN A POOR FAMILY.. when you have only just one rich man or just a few of them in a family what do you expect. how many do you think they can help .. when the pressure is too much they will distance themselves from family..

NOTE: it's only those sent by God that can help.. And if you receive help from a family member please don't misuse the opportunity it may hinder help of another family member.. If you didn't receive help from any family member now please don't have the wicked mindset that you too will not help .

You don't know what this post means to me - i wish it can be shared to other platforms as well.

Especially #1 - once you are married, your responsibilities triple and you cannot afford to be taking care of your siblings and parents when you have a wife and children to also take care of as your new "Generational" family

Many Inlaws and Families feel that it is your duty to help spoon-feed them till you die

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
punisha:
This topic deserves to be taught in schools.

The family member u r looking up to for help could be needing major help as well...no one owes you anything. The entitlement mentality needs to be wiped away especially in Africa.
That I have a car and own a house don't mean I ain't owing bank loans. You may need just 50k and I can't help don't mean I am wicked. If I am to give, it should come from a place of love not cos I am a tool that generates money for everyone.
Many of the entitled ones will still violate privileges believing that they can come back again n again for help.

Stop expecting family members to come through always. Be considerate.
Jackie Chan is not leaving his money behind for his son....he asked his son to work hard and make his own money. Try it in Africa.

I am agreement with you. The entitlement mentality is killing Africans plus I may not be able to come through when you need it.
They don't understand I have needs of my own and kids to take care.
I just have the standard reply that I don't have to give you, sorry.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by kherlly(m): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
The only time you see help in a family is during burial... They will bill even the struggling ones in the family just to have a burial but they won't sit down and try to open a business for someone in the family that does not have.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by OpinionCounts(m): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
BabbanBura:

You seems to be one of the kinds that may be difficult to be helped - entitled mentality! The fact your brother or sister is rich doesn't make you entitled to his wealth. He should lend helping hands but not as an obligation to you.

Your parents are the only ones obligated to take care of you, any other person doing so is helping and u should appreciate instead of feeling disgruntled because you don't get all you wanted from those other than your mama and papa!

Even your parents are not obligated to help you forever. If they give you the good education to at least the university, after graduation, you are totally on your own, you should go out there and grind out a living for yourself.
The problem is entitlement mentality Africans have, some feel if their brother is rich then he must help them wether he likes it or not and in some cases laziness and irresponsibility ( some believe their brothers money belongs to the entire family so no need to work hard again and grind out their own fortune), They just believe their rich brother should be sharing his money amongst them all and carry everyone's problems and responsibilities.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Brushstrokes20: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
undecidedBullocks!....* In davido's voice * WE RISE BY LIFTING OTHERS!
I don't want the kind of wealth that I cannot use to bless the needy and humanity in general!

After all, Lighting another man's candle does not quench yours,

KUDOS to cheerful givers, femi otedola, late tb joshua, Bill Gates etc.... Your names are forever written in gold

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by vickydevoka(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ogbeni op abi na Baby girl you be just stop this talk
....the point you raised are not valid.....or reasonable.....you mean because of all these someone can not assist family members .....you are talking like a typical uncle from our fathers family

Ogbeni op...let me tell you a secret...no matter what always assist and render help to your family.....
The easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

The one I hate most and have noticed in life is that it seems uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

Ur uncle father's side must be useless.

Buh have u sat down n think b4 judging or generalizing.
Men hardly help men.
Brothers hardly call brothers
Brothers always fight brothers without reconciliation been made soon.
Men have super ego.

U see all dis aforementioned, women acts opposite. That's y ur mummy's brothers help ur mum n don't care about his brother.

A good example: if u had serious quarrel with ur sister n u need 10 million to go to abroad; if u sister have 6 million she can sell all her properties to make up de 4 million remaining. Just to make sure u go to abroad.

If u as a man have serious quarrel with your brother n u need 10 million to go to abroad, even if ur brother is having 50 million he might not give u. He will give u reasons, he will start saying I have projects, that u should wait. Na so u go wait till u reach 50. Lol

Buh don't generalize everybody is not desame. That's y we keep praying let de good person in the house becomes rich first. A good example is mikel obi.
Mikel's brothers n sisters are living larger than Mikel. Even driving better cars n wearing better clothes. Niggar no send

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by kophy(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
kophy:
Hmmmm, I am pleased with everything from the beginning, not until that your last thought. If you really want to help allow the boy in, do little you think you can do and let the boy know you are doing it all for God sake. Think deeply, ó there are people out there who went through hell from someone their dad or mum had helped, and funny enough with what they went through the still never have any good stories to tell. Just Thank the Almighty for whatever you have achieve no matter how little.
heniford2:
Low mentality in Africa is the problem,i Remember back then when i lost my dad i went to ask loan from my Aunty who my dad helped, i remember her coming to visit my old man than my late old man will empty everything we have in house i stop my primary 6 then just because p man wan help her beloved sister undecided then he died what my aunty opened her stinking mouth to say to me after my dads burial"hey come here, see if you think my money or any of us will give u guys any penny your dreaming right i owe u guys nothing likewise my brother and sisters so if u like go and hustle" it shocked me because we just buried his brother that day i saw her crying why this vaxation i thought she was joking till i went to ask for money to pay my school fees i saw the shock of my life angry angry Never hope on anyone Not ever your own blood brother make plans for yourself and your children, right know she's asking me to help his son to come over to germany guess what i will Bleep them up in a very big way will allow the boy to come over then set him up they will lock him up or deport him undecided for illegal stay and position of drugs
Hmmmm, I am pleased with everything from the beginning, not until that your last thought. If you really want to help the boy, allow him in to where you are if you and that if you really want to help, even if I am in your shoes, I will not tell him what his mother did. So let the boy know you are doing it all for God sake. Think deeply, there are people out there who went through hell from someone their dad or mum had helped, and funny enough with what they went through they still never have any good stories to tell. Just thank the Almighty for the little you have achieved, no matter how little you THINK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by One1Nigeria: 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
The white man does not have time for this family rubbish,the reason for all this nonsense is because our government has failed..... politically and economically.....Abeg free Family Every body get him own problem,u self carry ur cross put all your hope in God

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by BabbanBura(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
OpinionCounts:

Even your parents are not obligated to help you forever. If they give you the good education to at least the university, after graduation, you are totally on your own, you should go out there and grind out a living for yourself.
The problem is entitlement mentality Africans have, some feel if their brother is rich then he must help them wether he likes it or not and in some cases laziness and irresponsibility ( some believe their brothers money belongs to the entire family so no need to work hard again and grind out their own fortune), They just believe their rich brother should be sharing his money amongst them all and carry everyone's problems and responsibilities.

So so true. Why do I feel like I wrote this too? We are perfectly like mines bro
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Blacksavage: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ahh! Bro why u con bring up this family shits..meh my family no even get time to help each other that's why i distance myself from them cause me seeing them is of no used to me..
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Heineken(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
Eniti olorun ran seyan lo n ranyan lowo.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Heterodox(m): 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
ignis:
The major reason is wickedness. Please let's not justify wickedness and evil. There is no reason for a successful family member not to help a struggling family member.

Someone will come tomorrow and give reasons why the devil is evil.
Depends who you call family.

As for me, anything beyond my siblings it's a no. Every relative can go to hell.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by mydivinely: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
some wont help because they dont want you to prosper or to be more than their biological children
i wrote jamb scored high in a school my uncle was then Head of Department, he promise heaven that i should relax n strt preparing for school, that was deception. at the end he asked me why cant i wait till my elder brother graduate but his own children didnt wait for one to graduate before another, finally i left my state to a state i know no man. and God helped me today i graduated without any family support... That call we made was the last call am not angry with him, but my phone CAN NEVER DIAL HIS LINE TILL HE DIE OR I DIE,

i learned a great lesson to always rely on God , He then can decide whom he wil use to help me.
s
Jeremiah 17:5 KJV: Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trust in man...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Dearlord(m): 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
Low mentality in Africa is the problem,i Remember back then when i lost my dad i went to ask loan from my Aunty who my dad helped, i remember her coming to visit my old man than my late old man will empty everything we have in house i stop my primary 6 then just because p man wan help her beloved sister undecided then he died what my aunty opened her stinking mouth to say to me after my dads burial"hey come here, see if you think my money or any of us will give u guys any penny your dreaming right i owe u guys nothing likewise my brother and sisters so if u like go and hustle" it shocked me because we just buried his brother that day i saw her crying why this vaxation i thought she was joking till i went to ask for money to pay my school fees i saw the shock of my life angry angry Never hope on anyone Not ever your own blood brother make plans for yourself and your children, right know she's asking me to help his son to come over to germany guess what i will Bleep them up in a very big way will allow the boy to come over then set him up they will lock him up or deport him undecided for illegal stay and position of drugs

Don't do that dude, it will be so silly of you.
Just move on if you don't wanna help �

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
You help all the time and the day you couldn't help, you become a bad person instantly. All the sacrifices you made in the past all forgotten. I don't help individuals who continue to make bad choices or are too lazy to help themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Dearlord(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Bia Mr Man, you that is talking how many have you helped?
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by SeriouslySense(m): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
Not everyone is like this, it depends on the person, i say this, because i know my parents, they helped others and they are doing fine.

mydivinely:
some wont help because they dont want you to prosper or to be more than their biological children
i wrote jamb scored high in a school my uncle was then Head of Department, he promise heaven that i should relax n strt preparing for school, that was deception. at the end he asked me why cant i wait till my elder brother graduate but his own children didnt wait for one to graduate before another, finally i left my state to a state i know no man. and God helped me today i graduated without any family support... That call we made was the last call am not angry with him, but my phone CAN NEVER DIAL HIS LINE TILL HE DIE OR I DIE,

i learned a great lesson to always rely on God , He then can decide whom he wil use to help me.
s
Jeremiah 17:5 KJV: Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trust in man...
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
That MAYBE too much. JUST LET GO OR BETTER STILL TELL THEMB U CAN'T HELp but try remind the mum of those days
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by idahme(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
Even if family offends me, if I am in a position to lift every member of the family will. Family before friends and then strangers, nothing takes away family in that ranking other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:

You don't know what this post means to me - i wish it can be shared to other platforms as well.

Especially #1 - once you are married, your responsibilities triple and you cannot afford to be taking care of your siblings and parents when you have a wife and children to also take care of as your new "Generational" family

Many Inlaws and Families feel that it is your duty to help spoon-feed them till you die
I stopped long time ago. I have full blow adults who wants to be on my payroll, it only serves to encourage laziness.
I train my kids to be productive individuals and not to expect from anyone. The world owes them nothing. If they want it, they have to go work for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by pansophist(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
AreaFada2:
A lot of people we see as rich from the outside are not. They have managed to appear content with their lives. They cannot really afford to help as much as others think.

Some family members have a sense of entertainment. They expect the "rich" relative to help them, yet they themselves cannot help others in the ways they can currently help. E.g be available in emergency

You made an outstanding point and this is what I've experienced. When one have the virtue of contentment, he appears wealthy to other materialistic folks. Because one doesn't go about asking for money, carry his own weight diligently and even help despite his own challenges doesn't mean his is rich or can help beyond a certain level.

It's also a case of people expecting your help to be somewhat revolutionary. If you have a Benz for example, they would expect you to help them to a point where they will have a benz too, even though you can't. Also, they may not have productive skills to cash out on their own and somehow, think just because they want it, and assumed you can help, then so be it and that they should have it.

It's also a case of delusion. Because someone think I'm in a position to help doesn't mean I can. Lots of folks abroad passes through this. A man may be illegal wherever they are, hiding from police and doing hard jobs under the table to survive, but people back home will heap all their problem on him with the wrong mindset that because he is abroad, he must be able to help.

I also intensely hate the fact that because someone is in need of help, they are automatically immuned from fault. I say this again, lots of needy family members are loosers, ungrateful, opportunist and a leaky basket. Doesn't matter how much you give, they will come back to beg for more. The idea that the one in the weak position (the beggar) is somehow good and the assumed rich guy (the giver) is bad is wrong. Thats about it.

Pareto principles which says that 20% of people have 80% of the wealth is not some unfair capitalistic, exploitative, inhumane system that people make it to seems. It is completely a natural law and a biblical one at that. Also known as the mathew principle in the bible.

For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. Mathew 25.29

So you see, the more hardworking and drive yoy have, the more successful you'll become. But if one is lazy, have no drive and keep begging, thr poorer they will be.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by oliverano: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
punisha:
This topic deserves to be taught in schools.

The family member u r looking up to for help could be needing major help as well...no one owes you anything. The entitlement mentality needs to be wiped away especially in Africa.
That I have a car and own a house don't mean I ain't owing bank loans. You may need just 50k and I can't help don't mean I am wicked. If I am to give, it should come from a place of love not cos I am a tool that generates money for everyone.
Many of the entitled ones will still violate privileges believing that they can come back again n again for help.

Stop expecting family members to come through always. Be considerate.
Jackie Chan is not leaving his money behind for his son....he asked his son to work hard and make his own money. Try it in Africa.

How to make money and be independent should be taught in school not this....

HELP OTHERS IF YOU CAN, FAMILY MEMBERS OR NOT!!!

Before you say we're saying same thing, I think we're not.

My dad died when I was in ss2, my mum was relatively young and was just a seamstress. in fact when my dad died, my mum became sick.

I thank God for my family members, it was just unbelievable. Even till today I still can't believe such acts of generosity because it's rare in Africa.

After sec school I was sent abroad to study. a family member did that for me.

If I wasn't helped by a family member, I would have been in prison by now or begging for food.

I've in turn helped others in my family first. The aim is to establish a foundation where lots of less privileged will be assisted.

I believe in true religion. Help others but if you can, start from your family because at the end of the day family is still where you end up!!!.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
pansophist:

You made an outstanding point and this is what I've experienced. When one have the virtue of contentment, he appears wealthy to other materialistic folks. Because one doesn't go about asking for money, carry his own weight diligently and even help despite his own challenges doesn't mean his is rich or can help beyond a certain level.

It's also a case of people expecting your help to be revolutionary. If you have a Benz for example, they would expect you to help them to a point where they will have a benz too, even though you can't. Also, the they may not have productive skills to cash out on their own and somehow, think because because want it, and assumed you can help, then they should have it.

It's also a case of delusion. Because someone think I'm in a position to help doesn't mean I can. Lots of folks abroad passes through this. A man may be illegal wherever they are, hiding from police and doing hard jobs under the table to survive, but people back home will heap all their problem on him with the wrong mindset that because he is abroad, he must be able to help.

I also intensely hate the fact that because someone is in need of help, they are automatically immuned from fault. I say this again, lots of needy family members are loosers, ungrateful, opportunist and a basket. Doesn't matter how much you give, they will come back to beg for more. The idea that the one in the weak position (the beggar) is somehow good and the assumed rich guy is bad is wrong. Thats about it.
+1000 likes
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Codeye(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ogbeni
You are very Correct about those last statement

The one I hate most and have noticed in life is that it seems uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by aysnoopy(m): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
....the point you raised are not valid.....or reasonable.....you mean because of all these someone can not assist family members .....you are talking like a typical uncle from our fathers family

Ogbeni op...let me tell you a secret...no matter what always assist and render help to your family.....
The easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

Damnnn nigga, u are fucking right.
I've 8 siblings from my father side and 1 sibling from my mother side (I'm d last born of them all).
Damnnn, those siblings from my father side are fucking useless. No help from them no matter how little it is, but my one and only sister from my mother side is like my hunchback. She got my back everytime. I pray to be rich so that my sister will never lack for a sec.
Love u Adenike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by mrkhaynoni: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
pansophist:
From what I've noticed, many people who claimed that their family didn't help them are downplaying the help that have been given to them. It's always good to hear from the rich family member in question, and you may just discover that the accuser is a liar.

Also, I've seen cases of poor family member refusing to be taught how to fish, they will rather prefer you go make the money and give it to them anytime they ask, while using guilt-tripping and shaming as a weapon of choice to beat you into submission if you refuse to be used. It can also be a case of the disproportionately distribution of drive within the human population.

Some people just have a low drive. Put them in the river, and they would still complian that the water is not enough to clear the soap in their eyes. All these factors can't be excluded. Lots of family members are actually loosers, to put it bluntly. How can you explain a situation where you've been assisting your family member for over ten years and still, they can't stand on their feet ? Just pray for God not to bless you a lazy family member because no matter what you do, you can't do enough.

You have spoken very well wise one.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Olodo24: 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
heniford2:
Mine depresses me cos they're my older siblings. None of them gives me a penny even now that I'm so broke. I've always depended on the kindness of strangers when I'm down. I'll rather seek help from a nairalander than from my seekings because they don't care. They only remember me when it's time to run errands. And it makes me feel bad cos I see my peers receiving gifts of all kinds from their siblings. Life no just balance for some of us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by vickydevoka(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Bannann:

I swear me too
U do you know after be swindled 300k by a friend. I still have De mind to borrow another friend 20k. N now I'm broke now
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Olodo24: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
kherlly:
The only time you see help in a family is during burial... They will bill even the struggling ones in the family just to have a burial but they won't sit down and try to open a business for someone in the family that does not have.
Exactly. I have an older half brother who's in the US. He only sends money when a family member dies

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by olaarie(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
U dey vex ??

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kudos to my brother. He helps both F&F. If I can do half of what he has done so far, I would consider it a fulfilled lifetime.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business / My Wife Is Too Proud To Apologise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.