Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (34979 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Victerica:
U have a problem with that?
Seeking clearer details of how that applies to this case. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
kingthreat:
If he lacks these simple items, sorry crime may be his solution out of poverty.
What has poverty to do with anything? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by BinamRex: 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
Now he has extended it by going out to steal from neighbors and people.
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.
Pls Advice me on what to do.

My brother used to be like that, now he has changed. He is currently in University with a 4.2 CGPA.

At a point we were afraid he was going to be caught for theft and lynched. One day he got into a fight with someone and bit the person. We encouraged the person to press charges. We even paid the person to press charges. We wanted him to go to prison, so he wouldn't steal and be lynched. The plan worked and he was sent to jail for two years. He came back a changed person, but after a while he reverted back to his old ways. We kicked him out of the house.

After some months we heard that he was arrested for breaking into someone's house. He could have been lynched if not for the timely intervention of the police. He was seriously beaten though. He was sentenced to 2 years. While in prison he sent message to us apologizing for all the things he had done. He begged us to bring him a pair of slippers, toiletries, toothpaste, blanket, vaseline etc, which we did.

Today he is a changed person. The lies he used to tell was as a result of the drugs he was talking. The stealing was motivated by the desire to fuel his addiction to drugs. He doesn't take drugs anymore. He wrote JAMB and got admitted in 2020.

You guys need to take firm action.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by vickin407(m): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Cognitive psychotherapy? undecided
Pyscho waaat ?? huh??
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by ipobarethieves: 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
sad Nowadays kids sad with their unruly behaviour sad.U caution them sad,dey speak back /dare u angry.Find/arrange some unknown guy to give him maximum shishi with a stern warning.Watch him remain sober in his crib/house
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by SeriouslySense(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
That is inspring

BinamRex:

My brother used to be like that, now he has changed. He is currently in University with a 4.2 CGPA.

At a point we were afraid he was going to be caught for theft and lynched. One day he got into a fight with someone and bit the person. We encouraged the person to press charges. We even paid the person to press charges. We wanted him to go to prison, so he wouldn't steal and be lynched. The plan worked and he was sent to jail for two years. He came back a changed person, but after a while he reverted back to his old ways. We kicked him out of the house.

After some months we heard that he was arrested for breaking into someone's house. He could have been lynched if not for the timely intervention of the police. He was seriously beaten though. He was sentenced to 2 years. While in prison he sent message to us apologizing for all the things he had done. He begged us to bring him a pair of slippers, toiletries, toothpaste, blanket, vaseline etc, which we did.

Today he is a changed person. The lies he used to tell was as a result of the drugs he was talking. The stealing was motivated by the desire to fuel his addiction to drugs. He doesn't take drugs anymore. He wrote JAMB and got admitted in 2020.

You guys need to take firm action.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by emmaebube: 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
Cornerwealth:

I feel for you bro and it's quite sad the advise some are giving here which is really bad and evil. Some people are pure psychopaths on this forum, and i feel ashamed some are telling you to even kill him, harm him, set him up or just forget about him. Shame on you if you advised him to do any of that, you are even worse than his brother.

Have you located him now? The first thing is to find him and take him somewhere far from the vicinity. I can pm you and i'll let someone talk to your Mom, someone who has been in the same shoes before and you'll be surprised how easy it will be for your brother to change his life.

Don't listen to evil people and don't be perturbed by people who say prayers don't work. I'll be here waiting to hear from you.
I'll need your help too, I have someone like this... 0*8*1*6*1*4*2*1*4*1*9
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by oloshun(m): 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
but if he is been arrested and jailed won't it affect the family image
Bro, forget family image. Na him go die or do the jail.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
eddie1211:
Bro/sis, there's nothing God cannot do, his case is not even worse than mine, but am now a testimony, I lavish Money, stole, lie, do allot of bad things that me self come tire I couldn't stop it I continued for long my mom has paid a Dept of almost two million naira in less than two months not the on she has been paying oh I even scammed allot of people, I have been arrested allot of times but she bailed me again and again still I didn't change I have been beaten allot of times by soldiers, police but nothing I continued doing it for good 9 years everyone in my family gave up on me but my mom continue paying dept but the day I encounter God that's the day I change my sister make una do something about your brother quickly it might be a Fair play for you but times going for him many times it's not his fault, I can even tell he has been doing it since he was young many times it's a spiritual problem that you guys didn't pay attention to pray for him take him to fire praying church, am not a member of mountain of fire but that's were I got my deliverance, your brother can change it's just being used to destroy the name of your family and end it. And give him advise every single moment, keep his hands busy, teach him how to pray and fast, he will change
Now, just imagine, if your family had allowed you deep dive for as long as it would take you to tangle yourself up until you met God, this story of yours would have ended up even sweeter for it, don't you think? undecided

People always assume that by trying to GET A HANDLE or CONTROL over what is happening particularly with loved ones, they can somehow SAVE them. But the reality is that saving will only happen when the one needing saving realizes that he needs to be, not before. So all the resources and efforts spent prior are, essentially, wasted. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
vickin407:

Pyscho waaat ?? huh??
Na ma dey ask wetin that one go do here. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Victerica(m): 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Seeking clearer details of how that applies to this case. undecided

Read up about it
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
FEMIBRANCH:
I guess he grew up with no father in the house.
10's of millions also did and without a single police record to boot. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Felabrity:
He might be depressed and mentally down

I am sorry about your dad
Depression? Please don't insult people who in fact struggle daily with real mental illness. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

Y'all should keep on bailing him until he would commit the one that he would be shot to death on the spot and not taking into custody..

Just as someone said.. he is doing it cos he has people that would get him out of the mess he created..
E go shock una.. he would wreck both una finance and family image... Best thing is to let him rot in jail.. whenever he becomes a free man, na him go use em hand go carry Bible..
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by murphyrichy(m): 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Its either your bro is a cultists, looking for a way of paying monthly dues or he's taking mkpurummiri....check well
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Victerica:
Read up about it
Oh, I know of it. What I don't understand is why you bring it up here. That is what I am interested in learning from you. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by swimnigeria(m): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Heenhen! Aye yin t da ni familik yin niyen grin

See laurels for only one person shocked
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Victerica(m): 10:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I know of it. What I don't understand is why you bring it up here. That is what I am interested in learning from you. undecided

Bro, it has to do with understanding how and why people behave the way they do.

It involves talking people out of their terrible behavior.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Upworkwriter007:
Trained by single mother, last born,gets what he wants. Those three facts points out to someone that's spoilt, and not taught to be responsible for his life from childhood. When he gets in jail, don't bail him for a month. You can carry food there for him, but ensure he spends some time there.
That is rubbish analysis. There are millions of people out here who grew up under similar circumstances and turned out without turning to crime. Abeg, seek education! undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by studM(m): 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.

he will become d chief corner stone when d hand of God finally catch up wit him,dude got a glorious destiny d enemy is trying to destroy,u guys shld use prayer to resolve ds pls
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Victerica:
Bro, it has to do with understanding how and why people behave the way they do.

It involves talking people out of their terrible behavior.
So, you are suggesting someone sits down with this 24-yr old man and talk him out of stealing, gambling, etc? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
AgentGoat:
If na you be family wey dem send am to you go collect?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by kingsceemark(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

Your problem plenty pass your brother own

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by AbrahamOfor(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:

Power of gambling addiction

There is need for all this gambling stuffs be it football betting, virtual Betting, lotto or any kind of gambling to be banned in this country
Those behind these games seems to be manipulating their clients spiritually though I can't scientifically prove my claim but once you engaged in those things and you are not much strong spiritually you whole life is messed up
I have been a victim

What you brother needs now is steady source of money and spiritually help

Gambling addiction is his problem
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
Thereishel:
Please take him or direct him to nearest Deeper Life Bible Church he would find deliverance for his habit soul spirit and body. His problem is spiritual not ordinary.
His problem is spiritual? Where in the Bible Jesus Christ talk say this kain problem na spiritual problem? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
Wow! Only him?shocked
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
Mercychen:

Don't give up on him completely yet. There's nothing prayers cannot do. Just keep praying for him.

Lol.. your advice is good oo..

But God forbid me to love a wife, child(Ren), brother , sister , mother or father to the point that they would be misbehaving and I would be praying for them.. Never.
Me wey lazy to pray for myself .. e come be another person..
As for op.. make Dem continue dey pamper d boy.. e go end in premium tears.. once had a distant cousin that behaved in similar manner.. and was also bailed.. infact his father became DPOS Dem customer dada ni.. it ended in tears..
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
ModelLook:
Try and Pray for him.

Or get a Police Officer. Arrange with the Police Officer. Let them put him in Prison to sleep there for a week or so and see if he won't change.

When he comes out, he would turn a new leaf. You will see.
This dude needs at least 3 years in Jail... he can read and study while there serving out the sentence for his crimes. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GardenOfGod(m): 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
passionguy:
He is under the control and bondage of either of the following spirits;

* Ancestral spirit of the land
* Parental/Foundational spirit
* Acquired spirit

He needs deliverance else, his future is in jeopardy.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
ManOfCompetence:

Hmm.....He needs strong spiritual counseling and probably a change of environment....

Sending him outside the country won't be a bad idea, that's after he's been counselled here.......... Please don't give up on him...and keep praying
Spiritual counseling of what kind exactly? First of all, how did you arrive at this being a "spiritual" problem? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
AgentGoat:
He's gone. There's nothing you can do about it. Hand over his matter to God and rest. Console your mum for me.
Abi oo! Church people dey talk say, " Let go and let God..." but how many of them dey even follow that advise sef? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"My Second Wife Is Sweeter, We Own Bar, Started Church" - Zimbabwean Pastor / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out / Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.