Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (34919 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by achu442(m): 1:23am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
Now he has extended it by going out to steal from neighbors and people.
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.
Pls Advice me on what to do.

OPM home for reinstitution
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by AuroraB(f): 1:25am On Sep 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Prayers. Your mum should pray for him.
Then for practical solutions, send him out of that area. Prolly to a family member that is very strict and tough to handle him well. I'm sure you have someone like that in your family.

Why did you have to wait this long to seek solution though? It be would have been much easier to correct him when he was younger.
You say wetin shocked
If na you, you go take this 24yr old terror to 'handle' undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by armadeo(m): 1:28am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.

The problem is gambling. Simple. He is an addict.

Lock him up in yaba left for a while for his eye to clear.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by achu442(m): 1:28am On Sep 04, 2021
Free advice...

Don't send him to Police again...He will become their friends and not be afraid of going there.

Don't beat him up with area boys.He will become more hardened.

Don't send him to a remand home. They'll sell him out to ritualist when they see that he is not useful to the family.

Don't advice him..He wil make you an enemy.

He is a drug addict..Simple.

Leave him to learn and advice himself..By the time he is 30+ ...He will rethink one day and start looking for his family.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by PediakAuthor: 1:47am On Sep 04, 2021
He needs counseling, and he needs prayer. Don't underrate what God can do in this wise.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Upworkwriter007(f): 1:52am On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is rubbish analysis. There are millions of people out here who grew up under similar circumstances and turned out without turning to crime. Abeg, seek education! undecided
Just open your mouth anyhow. That a lot of people defied the odds, does that mean it's not affecting some? People react differently to circumstances, that guy was overly pampered from childhood and that's his problem.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Sep 04, 2021
Upworkwriter007:

Just open your mouth anyhow. That a lot of people defied the odds, does that mean it's not affecting some? People react differently to circumstances, that guy was overly pampered from childhood and that's his problem.
Please stop showcasing your ignorance for the world to seem. undecided

10's of millions out there who grew up well in single-parent homes serve as more than sufficient evidence against your ramblings there. undecided

The man was approximately 19, a man already when his father left the picture. Only person wey dey gullible go believe say na daddy issues do this one. Such a gullible individuals equally needs help of their own adjusting to reality and common sense. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by madjune(m): 2:16am On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where you folks dey get all these ideas from abeg? undecided

Try and read more.
Especially, your Bible.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 2:24am On Sep 04, 2021
madjune:
Try and read more.
Especially, your Bible.
I highly doubt you read the Bible yourself because in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36, the same God who instituted generational curses, this over His people Israel, swore by His name, that those curses will be no more. undecided

And Jesus Christ never instituted generational curses in His New Covenant, so I wonder what the extra-biblical source of your ideas are, since these ideas seem more pagan than biblical. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:56am On Sep 04, 2021
kingthreat:

Can all your family members unite and help his soul. If he doesn't want to go to school, gather money for him to travel to a country like Turkey to hustle. Or gather money for him to get a shop selling something. After that, he's on his own.

You send this kind of clown out of the country and he will do worse . The reason we have a lot of them in middle east , and Asia bringing bad names to the country

5 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01am On Sep 04, 2021
Akpuobi1:
HE KNOWS THE FAMILY DOES NOT MEAN WHAT IT SAYS AND DOES NOT SAY WHAT IT MEANS. HE KNOWS YOU PEOPLE WILL COME TO THE RESCUE ANYTIME HE'S IN TROUBLE.

YOU GUYS SHOULD MAKE HIM UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'VE CONSOLED YOURSELF IN ADVANCE FOR HIS DEATH, YOU'RE JUST WAITING FOR THE NEWS. SO HE CAN CONTINUE MISBEHAVING UNTIL THE DAY HE'S SHOT FOR ROBBERY.

BE MEAN TO HIM, HE WILL DEFINITELY CHANGE

Or he would kill all of them. wink

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:03am On Sep 04, 2021
Jerryherd:
Go and report him at the closest military barracks or installation ask to speak to their quarter guards and explain all this and how your father's death caused a disciplinary vaccum in his life... They would arrange to have your brother picked up and drilled so badly that when ever he attempts to steal he is hunted by a bad mental torture.. after this drilling exercise arrange hospital care, and pastor counseling with family

Now this I can relate too, could go both ways, he could recover and kill them or become a better person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:05am On Sep 04, 2021
RZArecta:
at that age, you can only advice him one last time then leave him to face the consequences of his actions. He still has a roof over his head and will surely meet food when he gets home tonight.

Free Shelter and food are one of the reasons he misbehaves

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:07am On Sep 04, 2021
MikeofKd:
Use him for ritual sharp sharp cool thank me later.

Sarcastically , might be his only use in life
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:09am On Sep 04, 2021
XDaBOSS:
This na minor case na. He needs serious beating to reset his brain to default setting. These are what you need to do...
Day 1: if e de smoke or drink, give am in excess till e b like say e go die. He'll think its all love, not knowing it's a trap. While doing that pretend as if all is well.
Day 2: set him up, you can drop something for him to steal. Mean while arrange boys for ground weh go carry out the act. Beating him very well n make you break about 2 to 3 bones in his body. Tie him for 3 days without treating his injury, no food, only water(if you wish). After that you make him swear with his life not to try such again.
Thank me later. grin

A mother's love for her last born, it will never happen.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by madjune(m): 3:20am On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I highly doubt you read the Bible yourself because in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36, the same God who instituted generational curses, this over His people Israel, swore by His name, that those curses will be no more. undecided

And Jesus Christ never instituted generational curses in His New Covenant, so I wonder what the extra-biblical source of your ideas are, since these ideas seem more pagan than biblical. undecided

Ok. Since you know too much, kukuma give your brother sense.
That's what he needs.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Ade3131: 3:31am On Sep 04, 2021
FEMIBRANCH:
I guess he grew up with no father in the house.

That's not the case.... many of us grew up without our dad's but God led us through.

Op,

I was privileged to live next to a neighbour who had a son that's exactly the same as your brother. He's everything and more. He's got an intimidating physic and strength that people gets scared of him naturally due to these attributes.

But what really baffles us the most is that this dude was amongst the most brilliant students in his school (secondary school at the time). I know this because he was classmate with my sister but he's the type who doesn't seat in class and always scaling the fence to go smoke indian helm or some other crazy things.

Long story short, he managed to graduate from secondary school after so many bad cases with the police station in my area and just like your brother, his dad is always coming to his rescue but as he grows older, his case got worse. From stealing things of little to no value, he began going for the bigger things and graduated to becoming a full blown rubber.

There was a time he was almost burnt alive at Iyana-Iba but someone miraculously saved him by taking off the tyre from his neck and brought him back home with allot of crowd..... imagine the disgrace to his dad and entire family.... "Shey ile awon ole na re?" Some people asked in Yoruba....."shey baba ole na niyen?" Were the words on the people's lips as his dad came out to receive his disgraceful son. It was a gory scene b'cuz the man was crying like a baby seeing his son covered in blood badly beaten.

After that particular event, the dad went to the police and paid for his son to be sent to jail and they came and picked him up in his father's compound before he would heal completely. The dad facilitated and orchestrated the arrest from start to end. He made sure he had recovered enough but not 100% so that he would live the next phase of his life strong enough. I kid you not, the guy spent exactly 5 years in jail courtesy of his dad's doing.

He returned and went straight to his father to tell him he's going to be the one to end his dad's life.... meaning he didn't change. He became more hardened. He's hooked up with some diehard criminals and gotten links to higher crimes. He knows almost all the top criminals in Lagos at the time but something dramatic happened.....the die hard guy found love in an unusual manner and the girl got pregnant for him....fast forward to after childbirth, seeing his child changed his life till today.

Still a tough guy but he stopped everything that could shorten his life except for smoking and drinking. He's living off the street now....like collecting money from containers entering the street and all that but he's acting more responsibly since the birth of his child and somehow, he no longer frequents the police station again. In fact, he's gone so cool like nobody knows he exist again. He's a father of 3 or 4 kids now and living peacefully with people.

I pray that God will help you and your family. The least thing you could imagine might change him. Don't give up on him just yet. Help is on the way. Wherever he is, you guys should set out days to fast and pray for him within the family and enjoin him to do the same right under you people's watch.

The morales of this whole story is that: Parents bring up your child in the ways of the Lord so that when he grows older he won't depart from it....I no be pastor

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Sep 04, 2021
madjune:
Ok. Since you know too much, kukuma give your brother sense.
That's what he needs.
When person ask for advice, try do your best to only say that which you are sure of, so you don't end up creating more problems should the person take your advice to heart, hence prolonging the person's suffering and needlessly. undecided

So many religious people out there suffering needlessly, going from one deliverance house to another, chasing that which is untrue, thinking they do so in the name of God. The worst of it is as they travel from one "deliverance" pastor after another, they take on unwanted passengers - when you do things that are against God , in the name of God, you open doors to demons latching on to you as a result - and that is how problems keep mounting and mounting, rather than diminish. Their end becomes even worse than their beginning and they none the wiser. undecided

This man is 24-yrs of age. What he needs is for Mr. LIFE to teach him about LIFE, so this man can graduate from being a fool to a responsible individual. And no one, not even his own father-come-back-to-life, can teach even 1/10000000000th of what Mr. LIFE has for him to learn. Rather than add spiritual gobbledygook to his already messed up existence, he needs to be allowed to fly as high as he wants to, when it is time to land, Mr. LIFE dey there to catch am. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Ferdinandu(m): 3:33am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
This is what happens when parents train up children as if they are eggs, pampering them to the extent making them believe they can get away with anything. We were trained to believe that there is a grave consequences to even break a glass in the house so we dare not Bleep or we will be thrown into a gutter. We learned our lessons in time. Am sure if you go back to how your parents brought you people up, that's lies the problem of your brother, the truth that it is too late to turn him back except God touches him. You people should just push him away to survive and bear the consequences of his actions because he cannot kill everyone with him. You just need to be ceaseles in praying to God to help you people turn him around,thats all he needs from you people at the moment
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by cooltola(m): 3:34am On Sep 04, 2021
Stop bailing him out next time.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by EmperorTolson: 3:51am On Sep 04, 2021
iamadonis22:

Let everyone turn a blind eye and make peace with his imminent death.

Make nobody send am and y’all make it obvious... e go learn. He’s acting this way because he feels there’s a loving family waiting to bail him out of any mess
Where are your senses?
Would you have done the same it were to be your blood
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Softflameboi: 3:55am On Sep 04, 2021
One Obvious Fact,he Is A Cultist..Bt U Guys Shud Have A Heart2heart Talk..It Wil B Hard O,trust Me...All Dose Things He's Selln Na To Hustle Money Pay Dues....Then Let Him Be...Pikin Wey No Get Helper Suppose Get Sense.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by EmperorTolson: 3:56am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
It's gambling that's ruining your brother's life.
Tackle the root/source of his problem and know peace.
But a gamble-addict can only stop the habit by himself no matter how he tried except God intervene and personal commitment.
If you can fly him out to another country where he'll not have access to gambling will be better.
Pray for him
And always stay by him.
He might commit suicide unless he's strong.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by iamtardey: 4:14am On Sep 04, 2021
Funny enough some families can't help your life, only knows how to put every of your single damn move out there to everyone they see lol ...I hate y'all
kingthreat:

Can all your family members unite and help his soul. If he doesn't want to go to school, gather money for him to travel to a country like Turkey to hustle. Or gather money for him to get a shop selling something. After that, he's on his own.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Le2money(m): 4:18am On Sep 04, 2021
I once had someone in my extended family some years back that is in this same situation.....in Yoruba, dey call it ( Afise ) like Curse .....the solution lies in your family hands.... I'm going to suggest possible solution to it now for u.

1) Take him to real Celestial Church for Deliverance or Real Church dat u know that prayers do answer there

2) Take him to Real Alfa so dey could take such out from his eyes by using what they know best

3) Use the traditional way to solve it... ( We used this for that my own person and it works.... We used to call it ( Won Ma Mu Kuro Loju E ) meaning dey are going to take it away from his eyes so dat wen he sees other people's things, it will look like feaces to him.

4) Leave him until dey won't need arrest him and hand him over to the police where Jungle Justice might set in and all the trouble and shame which he do bring on the name of the family will be over once and for all.

passionguy:
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:24am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

enlist him by force into the military na

he can serve his father land in that capacity also give his life in an honorable way instead be shot by SAR as an arm robbery

Nigeria Army will be happy to have him
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by anambraamaka: 4:26am On Sep 04, 2021
Lock am up make e cool small
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by bewla(m): 4:32am On Sep 04, 2021
ChiefSosa:
He's Over pampered!
No wahala cut his salary
And show his face to police
Him head go correct
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Sep 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
Free Shelter and food are one of the reasons he misbehaves
Food and shelter is a must so the boy-man does not end up toppling himself off somewhere. undecided

No matter the situation, never take food and shelter away from a loved on in trouble... so your conscience can live on after it is all over and done with. undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Willy123(m): 4:44am On Sep 04, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
passionguy:
My advice on this is meet the youth in your neighborhood explain what is going on let them displine as they are beating him they should be chanting "stop embarrassing your family"and they should extract a promise from him to stop his bad ways. Believe me he will stop his bad ways,boys like him fears such mob especially when he remembers the beating and humiliation they gave him and also knowing they are not far away. Remember to thank the youths handsomely.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 04, 2021
EmperorTolson:

Where are your senses?
Would you have done the same it were to be your blood

Easy man!

He’s misbehaving cos he’s got family. Let him feel he’s without one and see magic happen.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Boyooosa(m): 4:51am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

Two things involved, depending on what your family looks like;
1. Sacrifice him or
2. Become his friend

As it is, make a genuine report at the nearest police station, since he has been declared wanted already.
Try to meet the DCO or even dpo of the station and explain d stress he has made your famz to go through, most esp ur mum. Inform them about the impact of demise of ur late dad on his life.
One of them (if u r lucky) might want to fill the space and he or she will do it effectively, just that Nigeria's situation is critical for everyone now!
That is the side of risking him out as sacrifice.

On the other hand, become his friend.
When he survives, this current case; make sure he's released to you and you make your mum allow you to be in charge.
Now, become his best friend
Show him love.
If he drinks, drink
If he f*cks, let him know that u r a greater rocker
Smoke in his presence if you do (don't do drug Sha o...drug is real!)
And don't steal with him, those are the real crimes; but...
Show him the life he loves to live; tell him about the advantages and disadvantages.
Make him realise that he can never end well with such life... Let him be free to confide in you.
Allow him to tell you everything including his next move and make plans with him.
Recruit him from his current frat (if he belongs to any) to your personal frat. Meet his frat members if they exist.
Explain his predicament to their boss, he will help if he's reasonable, just be loyal to him

Lastly, show him love and not weakness, he will gradually love you back and desist from his old bad ways because of you, your mum and the whole family.

If you are able to redeem him, he will become a glory to your family again...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out / How My Aunt's Children Led To Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.