Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (34916 Views)

I Don't Want To Help My Brothers / My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by AngelDo: 4:54am On Sep 04, 2021
My cousin then that was behaving like this was sent abroad 3times to hustle..he ended up coming back to continue his bad way after squandering all the money given to him. His family gave up and forget about him..he kept stealing untill an attempt to kill him by the police failed miraculously ..he repented by himself and became a born again by force .
kingthreat:

Can all your family members unite and help his soul. If he doesn't want to go to school, gather money for him to travel to a country like Turkey to hustle. Or gather money for him to get a shop selling something. After that, he's on his own.

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Adebowalay(m): 4:58am On Sep 04, 2021
kereman1:

I've seen something similar. A neighbor of mine did this to his single mum. He sold all the valuable properties in the house.
He extorted his mum, asked for he to settle him of 500k for him to start up a business, money he ended up squandering with is irresponsible friends.
The one he did that cracked the camel's back was when he locked up his mum with his younger siblings indoor for 3days for not giving him 700k to process visa.

Boys gather this boy, beat am like thief, it was letter discovered that he was been influence by his cult members because he was newly recruited.

Check well ur brother might be a cultist, or there is something else that propels him, maybe a girl.

Ur brother need beating from snr men, less he gets outta control.

My neighbor was also 24 when, he exhibited that character.
major beating go reset am to default settings...am cock sure
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by RZArecta(m): 5:01am On Sep 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Free Shelter and food are one of the reasons he misbehaves
exactly what I was trying to emphasize. When he starts facing the consequences of his silly decisions, he'll be forced to sit up but right now, he knows no matter what, he has a bed and three square meals

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by EmperorTolson: 5:03am On Sep 04, 2021
iamadonis22:

Easy man!

He’s misbehaving cos he’s got family. Let him feel he’s without one and see magic happen.
C'mon
Leaving him is total condemnation,
He can still change, I believe.
Gambling is a motherfucking bastard, don't indulge in it.
That's where his problem starts.
I'm sure he wants to change too but it's very difficult for him, distance from relative can only worsen the situation.
What he needs is prayer or rehab not even counseling cos people like him have had the greatest counseling from within.

With prayer, everything he's lost will come back in many folds.
Never condemn anybody
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by aklion: 5:04am On Sep 04, 2021
Why wait till when he became 24. Obviously as a family you might have noticed this abnormal behaviors but did nothing. So many stories of even 17 years joining cult and even killing... Not to talk of reaching 24. I will advice prayers. Change environment to a more and better environment of people with positive minds. It's just when u wanna teach a kid how to speak a language u mix them with kids that can speak n environment too. But be also dere for him physically and spiritually. God bless.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Stevenbright(m): 5:13am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
but if he is been arrested and jailed won't it affect the family image

Which image?

Your picture or any other person's own in your family and his are the same? Look he is a unique and separate individual and should bear the responsibility and consequences of his actions along!

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Stevenbright(m): 5:16am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

Which image?

Your picture or any other person's own in your family and his are the same? Look he is a unique and separate individual and should bear the responsibility and consequences of his actions along!

Modified: When he started earlier within the family, you guyz didn't give him the right treatment, caution and correction but still, he is an adult and responsible for his actions.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Connected1: 5:23am On Sep 04, 2021
The Father I have would leave him there and when the Police are tired of him they will either return or kill him.

My Old Man no like stress at all, he will tell you he has other children and you can clearly see so.

I can only suggest you do same because whenever I feel like causing havoc, I just remember the kind of people I have at home and mind my business.

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Truvelisback(m): 5:27am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

Pls what did u think I can do now because his on watch now and on the run.
They should stop giving him food/ Make una Carry am waka 4 prayer/deliverance or go 4 prayer/deliverance on his behalf. It could be that a curse of waywardness was placed on him. 99% of these cases are Spiritual.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Sep 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
They should stop giving him food/feeding and if he still persist on stealing home property, he should be driven away 4rm home. But b4 u make una Carry am waka 4 prayer 4 deliverance. It could be that a curse waywardness was placed on him.
Where exactly do you get this idea of a waywardness curse from? undecided

And what does he need deliverance from? His own choices as a human being and an adult? Who send you that one? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Unified07: 5:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When person ask for advice, try do your best to only say that which you are sure of, so you don't end up creating more problems should the person take your advice to heart, hence prolonging the person's suffering and needlessly. undecided

So many religious people out there suffering needlessly, going from one deliverance house to another, chasing that which is untrue, thinking they do so in the name of God. The worst of it is as they travel from one "deliverance" pastor after another, they take on unwanted passengers - when you do things that are against God , in the name of God, you open doors to demons latching on to you as a result - and that is how problems keep mounting and mounting, rather than diminish. Their end becomes even worse than their beginning and they none the wiser. undecided

This man is 24-yrs of age. What he needs is for Mr. LIFE to teach him about LIFE, so this man can graduate from being a fool to a responsible individual. And no one, not even his own father-come-back-to-life, can teach even 1/10000000000th of what Mr. LIFE has for him to learn. Rather than add spiritual gobbledygook to his already messed up existence, he needs to be allowed to fly as high as he wants to, when it is time to land, Mr. LIFE dey there to catch am. undecided
You are wrong here because you outrightly cancelled out the remedies of reintegration
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Truvelisback(m): 5:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where exactly do you get this idea of a waywardness curse from? undecided

And what does he need deliverance from? His own choices as a human being and an adult? Who send you that one? undecided
U are carnal, that's why u don't believe a curse could be placed on someone.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Freelane33(m): 5:41am On Sep 04, 2021
Chop off his right hand
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Ladycewhy(f): 5:50am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:

Pls Advice me on what to do.
As far as gambling has entered the matter there is nothing you can do.

A guy that had the same problem,he was the eldest son,he felt so helpless, tried to change,he kept asking what was wrong with him and why he could not stop doing what he was doing,he saw therapists and pastors until he finally committed suicide.

Two things will happen, either your brother ends up in jail or dead.Some people are destined to be irredeemable,it's their fate.

So research on which country has the most comfortable prison and start processing his visa. That is what most parents do to black sheeps of the family.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Sep 04, 2021
Unified07:

You are wrong here because you outrightly cancelled out the remedies of reintegration
What in the world are remedies of integration? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Sep 04, 2021
Truvelisback:
U are carnal, that's why u don't believe a curse could be placed on someone.
A curse could be placed on someone by whom? undecided

Where Jesus Christ, or God sees, talk this one? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Amumaigwe: 6:08am On Sep 04, 2021
kereman1:

I've seen something similar. A neighbor of mine did this to his single mum. He sold all the valuable properties in the house.
He extorted his mum, asked for he to settle him of 500k for him to start up a business, money he ended up squandering with is irresponsible friends.
The one he did that cracked the camel's back was when he locked up his mum with his younger siblings indoor for 3days for not giving him 700k to process visa.

Boys gather this boy, beat am like thief, it was letter discovered that he was been influence by his cult members because he was newly recruited.

Check well ur brother might be a cultist, or there is something else that propels him, maybe a girl.

Ur brother need beating from snr men, less he gets outta control.

My neighbor was also 24 when, he exhibited that character.

The truth is that the boy has been permanently damaged. No character, no morals, perhaps no education or skill at 24. Cause of this kind of damage is always maternal over indulgence at younger age. That dried fish can no longer be bent. Bring all the anointing oil and mantle from the most anointed men of God and apply on him, nothing will change. This is not sickness or witchcraft attack, it is character flaw that is fully set. We are dealing with exactly same situation in my inlaw's family.
For those advising that if you start giving him monthly allowance that he would change, it will not work. Place him on one million naira monthly allowance, things will only get worse. No amount of money can fund bad lifestyle because such a life is permanently on wild adventures and fantasies; there is usually no end to that The only thing that bothers you is family name and incidentally, that is the only hold he has on you people.
The only solution is for your family to organise and give him a one-off settlement. Try and involve extended family members as well as Church elders and perhaps members of the local security outfits. They will serve as witnesses. All this is to set the stage for his final exit from your parent"s house so that he can start living like an adult he is and hence give your mother space for her peace of mind. It is only an acute hunger that resets such people's brains either for good or for bad , an outcome neither your family nor anyone else but he can determine. So don"t even bother.
Last last, everyone is responsible for his destiny.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Habib101: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
Now he has extended it by going out to steal from neighbors and people.
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.
That's the result of being a gambler, it consumes you
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by GardenOfGod(m): 6:14am On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How did you arrive at these ideas of yours? undecided
spiritual things are not carnally discerned
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by frozen70(f): 6:16am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
My brother is 24 years old. His entire life has been spent fucking up. The thing is he lies, cheats, gamble and steals. He has succeeded in selling almost everything in the house be it fridge, stab, pressing iron, electronic and manymore
He as been arrested so many times and been bailed. Now everyone in the family is tired of him mostly my mum she can't eat good food because of him because his becoming worse.

Since he can't stop those dirty habits, he will end up in jail soon

Then everyone will rest while his suffering starts
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2021
GardenOfGod:
spiritual things are not carnally discerned
How did you come about these "spiritual" things you claim since even Jesus Christ no talk am for anything wey you mention at all at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Kobojunkie: 6:18am On Sep 04, 2021
Habib101:

That's the result of being a gambler, it consumes you
There are so many gamblers out there who do not resort to this sort of behavior in order to feed their addiction. So, how certain are you that this particular case stems from a gambling addiction? undecided
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by sylve11: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2021
iamadonis22:

Let everyone turn a blind eye and make peace with his imminent death.

Make nobody send am and y’all make it obvious... e go learn. He’s acting this way because he feels there’s a loving family waiting to bail him out of any mess

You have sense. cool

1 Like

Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by jacoik(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2021
MARKone:
Back then, a man I know had a son about the same age as your brother, the son gave him a lot of heart ache, he son steals, a drug addict, spend most of his time in brothels, was an all round bad boy, he gave the man a hell of a problem, and made him a public ridicule. In all this, each time the son is arrested by police, the man goes to pay money to kill the case and bail him out, the man developed grey hairs and was always looking frail. One day, news got to the man that his son have been arrested by SARS for Armed robbery, that he should come to the station, he went the next day, where he was briefed on what happened, then there were more repeated visits to the station, some back and forth. Police was like, he should bring money, so that they'll see how the case would be sorted out, that the longer he stays there, they more likely he would be taken outside in the night and shot. Baba go home, gave it a thought, called the policemen and told them to do whatever they want to do, and never went back to the station. Some months later, news reached the man that they've killed his son...
I'm not saying that's what you guys should do o grin, just that some family have a thin threshold of endurance for a Black sheep of the family.
u said it all. A fly which doesn't hear words goes to the grave with......
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by akanbiaa(m): 6:54am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
Most times it is the kind of upbringing a child get, some are spoilt by being over pampered and give whatever they want mentality, some are trained but refuse to get the training (could be spiritual) and sometimes the mother's are to be blamed for can you imagine a child that beat a lady he does not know for her not greeting him to the extent of her fainting and rushed to hospital and after surving all what the mother of the boy was complaining about is the reaction of the neighbours(scolding her son) to her son's behavior and no concern for the lady that could have died.
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by sylve11: 6:55am On Sep 04, 2021
stunnert:
Some souls are just headed for destruction no matter how hard you try to deter them

There's a reason why these same souls keep coming back.

We need change our ways as humans so we don't attract such souls.

sad cool
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by sylve11: 7:01am On Sep 04, 2021
MARKone:

My brother, there is a limit to what you guys can do for him now, he is 23, not a child any longer, and very much solely accountable for his actions. The solution for A might not work for B, unless you guys know the root cause of his recalcitrant behaviour. It could be Peer pressure, bad upbringing, spiritual problem or even genetics. You can ask your folks questions, or they should even know sef, with that, you guys will know best approach to it. There are some people such thing manifest in their families as a generational problem, but didn't you guys notice this when he was younger, "madness is best cured when that person is younger". My advice, prayers, there is nothing God can't do and you do your best for him, but don't break yourself, your mom and dad, should take care of themselves, watch their health, because situations like this, wears them down, too much thinking.

Hmmm shocked cool
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by phemmyfour: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
Let the family disown him. That will save the family's image
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by sylve11: 7:04am On Sep 04, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
the family Image is more affected with him around. You all should pretend he doesn't exist and accept his death as inevitable. Secondly among your parent somebody need confession from there solution will come.

You think this is spiritual? cool
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by Lamasta(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2021
I don't pity people who cause pain to their family members and loved one's cos they are like cancer to me.....

The boy is a cultist and he is being influenced by them through gambling and stealing....
Re: My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice by MrHandsome2013: 7:08am On Sep 04, 2021
passionguy:
Exactly what happened to my immediate younger brother.
Sold everything in our house.
The best advice I will give you is to take him to far place like another state and rent a house for him.
Let him learn handwork.
If you people have money.
Take him out of this country

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When Your Mother Hates Your Wife Without Reason / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out / How My Aunt's Children Led To Her Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.