Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884598 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by danseriki: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
thank you bobs!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
wonderbobs: For peeps looking for courses in germany, ever wonder why not everyone ask this question about finding courses of study?? To find your course is as easy as drinking ijebu garri( for me sha grin)
Lecture 1: type in www.daad.de in your browser when it opens
Lecture 2: look for study and research in germany, select this option, when it opens go to study programmes and click international programmes when this opens
Lecture 3: under keyword type in a word that best describes your course eg: I usually type in environment because am always looking for course like environmental management and assessment. Choose other options to narrow your search down eg; when you click more you'd see options for the semester you'd wanna apply to eg; summer or winter or for both summer and winter, for peeps searching for summer programmes click on summer.
Lecture 4: play with this site to see more courses. Things to know; you should at least know the department that your course might be located under or faculty and things like that, select these options to narrow your search goodluck, if this doesn't help you... Then maybe germans haven't heard of the course you wanna do cheesy... GOODLUCK fellows I don tire, make I collect alomo use regain strength wink

LOoooL. U will see, someone will come again and ask this same question.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
danseriki: thank you bobs!
your welcome boss, I also studied geology... But geologist are needed when they are experienced, I deviated because of the high need for environmentalists in the world now. Goodluck bro in your search, better use a laptop to see the the info well
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
gaphary:

LOoooL. U will see, someone will come again and ask this same question.
na so we see am for this forum baba abi na sisi... But God will help us, because if we can't search out for schools I wonder how we will now cope with researches online while studying in germany God dey, hope you've had an alomo today ?? cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Brodas n sisters today after my interview I saw a 'D' stamped on my passport. What could this possibly mean?

The Old white lady interviewed me and I must say she is a no-nonsense person. She also loves shouting at people. But apart from that the interview ran through. Word of advice *make sure your documents are complete * .that. is all.

PLEASE I AWAIT YOUR ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION ABOUT THE 'D' ISSUE.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Junipero: Brodas n sisters today after my interview I saw a 'D' stamped on my passport. What could this possibly mean?

The Old white lady interviewed me and I must say she is a no-nonsense person. She also loves shouting at people. But apart from that the interview ran through. Word of advice *make sure your documents are complete * .that. is all.

I think it means your considered for visa category D.... Did I see you today?? Where you putting on brown ??

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Junipero: Brodas n sisters today after my interview I saw a 'D' stamped on my passport. What could this possibly mean?

guy it means visa DENIED
cheesy cheesy cheesy...

Lol..na joke ooo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
wonderbobs: the story has kinda changed... But thanks, will update you guys soon..

Pls what is the name of ur prospective uni and course?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2013

I think the D stands for Deutschland,from my experience on this thread almost all who were interviewed had D stamped on their pp.so no cause for alarm

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dear nairaland I am applying for 3 university in uni assist and both 3 university need a letter to show that my program was lecture in english language, so I don't no if I am to address the letter to uni assist and to make 3 copy of the letter to the 3 university ur advice is needed or u can ping me for advice 2299c9f9.......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2013

Guy D is the visa type and again that old woman don't take nonsense I notice she like you going to the point and not around the bush she interviewed me also although she is kind at heart and I pray to get my visa soon ..Good luck to you too

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
bissiejoe:

Pls what is the name of ur prospective uni and course?
. Universitat trier, environmental management and assessment......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
yes that's me. I think i know you. Did we talk? pls clarify ur identity, bro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Junipero: 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
@princeolu guy i tell u. the woman really shook me up tho. But when she saw i was geared up to the teeth, she just gently disappeared into the background.... I'm glad that one's over.. Travelling bck to Port Harcourt tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
wonderbobs: . Universitat trier, environmental management and assessment......
bro, you never tell us how you do am ooo, the last we heard from you was the embassy said you won't meet deadline, guess you wey called back... Good news
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Omojayejaye: honourableseyi how are you doing sir ...its bin a while...just trying to package my documents for winter tinz...got my university diploma certificate on monday...what do you think. 2.65/5.00 do you feel I have a chance on german grading scale...still working on IELTS tinz..God dey...PEACE..

I am good boss. Yeah it has been a while;though I keep following the trend bumper to bumper. I lay low because mine program starts September 2014. I am still putting my docs together and getting done with some other neccessary things.Apart from the certificate, you will also need your transcripts oooo. As for the grading system, I don't have any idea about it for now.How far have you gone with the language things? God will see us through
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 5:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Junipero: yes that's me. I think i know you. Did we talk? pls clarify ur identity, bro.
. I don't know how to explain sha, I just know I saw you today, I left the embassy just few minutes you came... Had issues to rectify with them.. Actually I suspected it was you because you were the only one looking like me ie a student all others where there for family reunion, conference and stuff...if you remember a chubby guy that left cheesy that was me grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 5:57am On Oct 31, 2013
Ogbeche77: bro, you never tell us how you do am ooo, the last we heard from you was the embassy said you won't meet deadline, guess you wey called back... Good news
my brother, I wanna wait till I finished everything before telling you guys... Just wait for the news on monday, ama break it down cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2013
Chars1289:

use this formular to convert to german grade and know where you
stand.. (Nmax - Nattained/Nmax - Nlowest) x 3 +1....Nmax=highest
possilble grade, Nattained= grade attained, Nlowest= lowest pass
grade.
Note-Nlowest is 1.0, Nmax=5.0

After d grade conversion,will d result be graded according to ds
Grading system
1-1.5=sehr gut,VERY GOOD
1.6-2.5=gut,GOOD
2.6-3.5=satisfactory
3.6-4.0=deficient

Most schools prefer at least a german grade of 2.5 and above, while some
use a curicculum analysis by comparing your Bsc courses or subject
groups to their masters program(Aptitude test) and rate your
application by giving you marks just like an exam.

Had to browse through the pages to find this, since nobody wanted to help. Anyways, I found the formula but can't seem to get the calculation right?

Say we pick a CGPA of 3

It will be.. (5 - 3/5 - 1) * 3 + 1

Which is. (5 - 0.6 - 1) * 3 + 1

Which is (5 - 1.6) * 3 + 1

Which is (3.4) * 3 + 1

Which is 10.2 +1

Final answer 11.2 undecided

kayusboss: Please response is needed

Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 6:23am On Oct 31, 2013
Junipero: @princeolu guy i tell u. the woman really shook me up tho. But when she saw i was geared up to the teeth, she just gently disappeared into the background.... I'm glad that one's over.. Travelling bck to Port Harcourt tomorrow.
What were the questions?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 6:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Had to browse through the pages to find this, since nobody wanted to help. Anyways, I found the formula but can't seem to get the calculation right?

Say we pick a CGPA of 3

It will be.. (5 - 3/5 - 1) * 3 + 1

Which is. (5 - 0.6 - 1) * 3 + 1

Which is (5 - 1.6) * 3 + 1

Which is (3.4) * 3 + 1

Which is 10.2 +1

Final answer 11.2 undecided

Wrong bro...

(5-3)/(5-1)*3+1....

(2/4)*3+1

0.5*3 +1

1.5+1=2.5....which is Gut (good)....Alles Klar Capt?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 6:36am On Oct 31, 2013
wonderbobs: my brother, I wanna wait till I finished everything before telling you guys... Just wait for the news on monday, ama break it down cheesy

Success Man...It is well even in the Well cos God is Aware grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 7:47am On Oct 31, 2013
Cindino20:

Wrong bro...

(5-3)/(5-1)*3+1....

(2/4)*3+1

0.5*3 +1

1.5+1=2.5....which is Gut (good)....Alles Klar Capt?
Thanks bro..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Thanks bro..

Uwlc......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Junipero: @princeolu guy i tell u. the woman really shook me up tho. But when she saw i was geared up to the teeth, she just gently disappeared into the background.... I'm glad that one's over.. Travelling bck to Port Harcourt tomorrow.

It happens to me also..but am happi all my documents were complete and was able to answer all her questions till the end.....am also happi she didnt give me any Test to write..so am waiting to hearing from them soon...safe journey to PH Bro.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Omojayejaye(m): 8:37am On Oct 31, 2013
tanx honourableseyi....my school do not handle transcripts to students but send it on students behalf...nothing much on Lang tinz....just packaging my documents...still on schools not under uni-assist coz I have university diploma and not Alevels...got like 7...my broda got a Langcenter for me in Benin and IELTS also....he is making enquiries and still working on it...do have a nice day sir...I hail our chiefs for germo...godson,futurewise,topeajis,emeka,franklysco,lillygem....Cheers!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2013
candyboi:

No prblm bro I wnt to study transport systems(msc) plz brief mi nd is only tum am applyn to. Tnks God bless.
hello, its u long. pls can I apply for m.sc at tum as a native speaker of English?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Anybody here studing at stuttgart??
What are their language requirments?

And please what does 2.5 (GOOD) on germal scale translate in nigerian CGPA?
yes, u can apply as a native speaker of English, u dont need any test of English. am applying to the school too for m.sc.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
wonderbobs: I have already done that, and the IO said I should call later to put me through, I would try deferment and see how it goes. I wonder if I can just leave my money in my blocked account?? Dunno if it will be wise ??
if u are still interested to study in Germany, leave the cash in the block account till next year. I left mine cash in my block account for next year winter. enjoy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 9:49am On Oct 31, 2013
shellcom: Greatest Nairalanders, plz, concerning the form of opening blocked account, where do I get it, does the embassy have? What time do I go to d embassy for authentication? Who sends the form after authentication? How long does it take to open ad blocked account? Pls I need answers. Thanks in adv
after opening the account with embassy, it takes around two to receive confirmation email. once u pay in to the account, within 2 to 3day, u will receive alert.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 10:00am On Oct 31, 2013
franklysco:
Check their website, it's there. Uni-assist is very easy to use.
hello Frank, how the place dey. pls when u settle down finish, try call me. nice stay in Germany, hoping to join u next year.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2013
Nice one people

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.