Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886846 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2013
netboy2013: House I need some help.

I just got admitted to an M.Sc program in University of Jena, Will soon apply for a student visa but I don't have a liquid cash of 1.8M to fund a student blocked account in a German bank (because I'm the sole sponsor of myself), although I have more than such amount in assets.

Alternatively, I'm looking at a possibility of having a sponsorship letter sent from a German resident, such that the letter would just be a formality (I can fully pay for my living expenses) to enable me apply for student visa. The bottom line is; I don't have a solid contact with a German citizenship or permanent residence that can help me fix it.

Can anyone help or advise me on how to go about it?

Also, is student Visa interview done at the embassy of Germany in Abuja?

thanks in advance.

Cos university of jena admission deadline is still july 15th forr their english taugh msc progs. So am a bit worried and sceptical here.. And for the sponsorship stuff to be truthfull I d
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2013
@topeajis,pls how long does it take after the interview to be granted visa.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:03am On Jun 21, 2013
Bwave: @topeajis,pls how long does it take after the interview to be granted visa.

Mine was 3 weeks.. Its usally 3 - 4 weeks sha but the mail the embassy sent to me didn't enter ma box na inside spam he emteer so I no quick knw..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by netboy2013: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
@topeajis, you stopped short of saying something regarding the sponsorship using a letter rather than funding a blocked account, does it work? since its an MSc. program
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
netboy2013: @topeajis, you stopped short of saying something regarding the sponsorship using a letter rather than funding a blocked account, does it work? since its an MSc. program

It idea was that I wanted to use the sponsorship stuff before.. But was advised by someone @ the consolate it. Doesn't work. Cos the investigation about how close u are to the sponsor. How is u school close to him. And the responsibilities of the spnsors na wahala.m as our brothers don spoil things for here.. So that have I don't. Talked much about the spnsorship stuff.. Cos I knw its doesn nt work.. But might work for someone pople. U can always try ur best.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
Please once again dont spread rumour,yes sponsorship works,If you got someone in Germany let them get you VE...Most of my friends use VE and 2 just got their student visa today.VE is nt even easy to get but it work and if it doesnt work the embassy would never have put it there as an alternative for block account!morever Germani people like moni thats why they always shouting block account.We all here to learn,not everyone can afford 8,000 euros.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2013
Godson201333: Please once again dont spread rumour,yes sponsorship works,If you got someone in Germany let them get you VE...Most of my friends use VE and 2 just got their student visa today.VE is nt even easy to get but it work and if it doesnt work the embassy would never have put it there as an alternative for block account!morever Germani people like moni thats why they always shouting block account.We all here to learn,not everyone can afford 8,000 euros.
Na so Bro... All fingers are not equal.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
Bwave:
Thanks for your suggestion. From the online appointment booking page the dates have been booked till August 18, if I book around this time, how long would it take for the visa to be granted? Am in a dilemma here cos my programme starts October.
No be small Dilemma oo... People like us wey still dey wait for admission letter by end of dis June and our program dey start October 1st, wetin we go do naa? Is there no other way someone can open the blocked account without having admission letter?? Godson and Tope abeg make una help oo..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
sammykunjas:
No be small Dilemma oo... People like us wey still dey wait for admission letter by end of dis June and our program dey start October 1st, wetin we go do naa? Is there no other way someone can open the blocked account without having admission letter?? Godson and Tope abeg make una help oo..

That is why it is always better to use someone address in Germany to receive your letters even some schools do advise to use this pattern because it take 2-3 weeks for deutsche post to deliver letters to naija while one or 2 days within Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Godson201333: I am sure we are adult,NPC is a birth cetificate that was changed around 2000s,The old birth certificate is kinda small while the NPC is like a A4 paper size kinda big.So if you were born around 1980s,1970s,1990s,the embassy is not expecting you to bring NPC rather they want to see the old one at the same time every applicants are advised to do afidavit.Like i said just go to any court around you with somewht 2k,passport photograph,your birth certificate,They will do the afidavit and you can take it to the embassy.This is very important to the embassy.Also get a receipt from the court take everything along with you on interview date,dont do fake things ooo...The court must register your afidavit because once the embassy told you to go and they will call you...German embassy have started investigating your documents just every documents they investigate starting from admission letter so let everything be real.YOU can do the age declaration (Afidavit anytime but to make you look responsible ,It should be done at least few days before your interview) make sure you do photocopies of each of your documents.

Disagree with you. When i went for my student visa, i have my hospital birth certificate but the interviewer said she preferred NPC and it is even in their site that you should bring NPC. They know NPC cannot give u certificate without showing affidavit of age declaration or hospital cert. They prefer NPC so that they can confirm easily as most of our hospital where we were born is no longer existing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
topeajis:

If the. Birth cetificate is from a state govt it will do you since the NPC is lunched in 1987 or so . Cos I used lagos state birth cerficate for ma visa..

yes they prefer any government issued birth certificate cos any one can forge those hospital own.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2013
Godson201333:

NO wait for your mission letter and be composed.If you miss your appointment date,I think there is a penalty for it.The embassy portal might not allow you to book another appointment for months.

yes they will ban you for 6 months so if u know u gonna miss any appointment, pls council it or reshedule it online else u risk ban and d system will not allow u for further appointment cos it will detect ur int'l passport number.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
steelie: Hope you know SSCE is not recognised in Germany? Its better you write the IELTS exam before applying for anything online.Don't be in a haste.

SSCE is recocnised but you must top it up either with A level, diploma or one year University transcript/experience. I am studying Bachelors and am advising you guys from experience.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
netboy2013: House I need some help.

I just got admitted to an M.Sc program in University of Jena, Will soon apply for a student visa but I don't have a liquid cash of 1.8M to fund a student blocked account in a German bank (because I'm the sole sponsor of myself), although I have more than such amount in assets.

Alternatively, I'm looking at a possibility of having a sponsorship letter sent from a German resident, such that the letter would just be a formality (I can fully pay for my living expenses) to enable me apply for student visa. The bottom line is; I don't have a solid contact with a German citizenship or permanent residence that can help me fix it.

Can anyone help or advise me on how to go about it?

Also, is student Visa interview done at the embassy of Germany in Abuja?

thanks in advance.

pls open a block account in Germany with 8k euros or look for a German citizen or Nigerian here who has residence permit or has become citizen to issue u a sponsorship letter prepared by the foreigners office here but the person must be earning nothing less than 1500 euros monthly to qualify.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
Godson201333: Please once again dont spread rumour,yes sponsorship works,If you got someone in Germany let them get you VE...Most of my friends use VE and 2 just got their student visa today.VE is nt even easy to get but it work and if it doesnt work the embassy would never have put it there as an alternative for block account!morever Germani people like moni thats why they always shouting block account.We all here to learn,not everyone can afford 8,000 euros.

VE works very well cos it is same as block account. Even the VE has weight cos it is not even issued personally but from German government here that they have seen your sponsors account and documents including affidavit that he is able to sponsor u. Embassy honors it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
kelly4top:

VE works very well cos it is same as block account. Even the VE has weight cos it is not even issued personally but from German government here that they have seen your sponsors account and documents including affidavit that he is able to sponsor u. Embassy honors it.

Na xo jare..oga Kelly how have you been?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by toplevel: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
@kelly4top I will be sending appplication to your school for their summer classes hope they still accept diploma? Because I have diploma certificate and don't want to write toefl also I will be applying for elect/info technolgy which is your present cause so what aspect of computer do I need to learn from here should I start learning programming or what? Please tell me subjects/causes that I need to start preparing for so that when I get there things won't be strange to me
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bwave: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
kelly4top:

yes they will ban you for 6 months so if u know u gonna miss any appointment, pls council it or reshedule it online else u risk ban and d system will not allow u for further appointment cos it will detect ur int'l passport number.
Can somebody reschedule to an earlier date if there is a chance and must the person cancel the first appointment before rescheduling?

kelly4top:

Disagree with you. When i went for my student visa, i have my hospital birth certificate but the interviewer said she preferred NPC and it is even in their site that you should bring NPC. They know NPC cannot give u certificate without showing affidavit of age declaration or hospital cert. They prefer NPC so that they can confirm easily as most of our hospital where we were born is no longer existing.

Does it mean that those of us born before NPC came into existence can obtain ( with an affidavit) and use the NPC certificate?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pfanen360(m): 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
topeajis:

If the. Birth cetificate is from a state govt it will do you since the NPC is lunched in 1987 or so . Cos I used lagos state birth cerficate for ma visa..

I was born 1994 and the birth certificate(NPC) I have was made in 2001. I went to the court with my dad and did age declaration. On the document(court document) it is written "statutory declaration of age". Please since there is a conflict of which are sufficient can anyone please advise me on what to do? I'm desperately trying to wrap things up as I await my admission letter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2013
kelly4top:

can you please throw more light on this VE issue.what does it mean? How much will it cost? Your relationship with the person? among other things. I tried to google it online but came up with nothing. thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:26am On Jun 22, 2013
Pls house, I applied 4 an Msc in University of Leipzig since march, and am yet 2 hear from the school. Does any1 have an idea how long it takes for german schools to reach an admission decision? And i'll like 2 meet any nigerian in uni-leipzig.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2013
Godson201333:

That is why it is always better to use someone address in Germany to receive your letters even some schools do advise to use this pattern because it take 2-3 weeks for deutsche post to deliver letters to naija while one or 2 days within Germany.
Yeah that makes sense bro and through that way, one can receive the deutsche bank details within a week or there about but what of people like us that don't have any close person or relative that we can use his or her address in Germany to receive Letters? Wetin we go do naa? Or since you are there already, you can help me naw. How e go be Bros?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
ohimai83:

can you please throw more light on this VE issue.what does it mean? How much will it cost? Your relationship with the person? among other things. I tried to google it online but came up with nothing. thank you.

You personally cannot buy VE..In German it means Verplichtung Erklarung(Obligatory letter)...Some one in Germany can get that document after meeting some basic requirement.Must be earning over 1500 euro,german resident permit,3 month pay slip,international passport and other stuff sha.The document get issued from local government (behorde) and he/she pays 25euro....I think its always good for that person to be single cos once you have responsibilities,They Germani will keep telling that person that he/she cant sponsor..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
sammykunjas:
Yeah that makes sense bro and through that way, one can receive the deutsche bank details within a week or there about but what of people like us that don't have any close person or relative that we can use his or her address in Germany to receive Letters? Wetin we go do naa? Or since you are there already, you can help me naw. How e go be Bros?

Hmm me ke?You can easily tell your school that you will pay them DHL money,just transfer like 50 euro to them,Your letter will get to you asap,why not chill and dont be in a hurry,..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
franklysco: Pls house, I applied 4 an Msc in University of Leipzig since march, and am yet 2 hear from the school. Does any1 have an idea how long it takes for german schools to reach an admission decision? And i'll like 2 meet any nigerian in uni-leipzig.

Try to contact the school student foreign office,Schools normally send out admission letter fast and they letter also send out rejection letters..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
@Godson201333; that's the issue. I'v tried contacting the foreign office bt they don't reply. Also, I thought you are suppose to receive a notification mail first before the letter later on? The 2 schools I applied to, none has said anything yet. I dunno. I even gathered from the site of 1 them that they decide by august. Am just tired of their whole policies.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2013

Man all ur firends that use the sponsorship stuff arre they from naija.. If yes I guess. I was misinformed then.. Cos even some asian guys in ma class did nt open a bank acount in gemany and didn nt have a sponsor they used a sponsor account in their county.. I guess the requirement is diff for diff countries
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
topeajis:

Man all ur firends that use the sponsorship stuff arre they from naija.. If yes I guess. I was misinformed then.. Cos even some asian guys in ma class did nt open a bank acount in gemany and didn nt have a sponsor they used a sponsor account in their county.. I guess the requirement is diff for diff countries

My Brother they are from naija ooo Sponsorship is used worldwide not only for students but for visitors too,One thing is that you must be rich and have good job before you can get sponsor and you know that hard to get.You must be paying tax too cos the germn government are gonna use all the info just incase that person u wanna sponsor kill,steal or even fall sick na you wey do the sponsor dem go track.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
franklysco: @Godson201333; that's the issue. I'v tried contacting the foreign office bt they don't reply. Also, I thought you are suppose to receive a notification mail first before the letter later on? The 2 schools I applied to, none has said anything yet. I dunno. I even gathered from the site of 1 them that they decide by august. Am just tired of their whole policies.

Can u speak german,If you can speak try to call them on phone some schools do not even check e mails
Re: German Embassy And Visa by weebay(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pls can anybody give me info about Uni of Bonn or the city of Bonn in general...and how well do they give admissions to Msc students.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
@Godson201333; tanx 4 ur response. U sound like som1 wit much of an experience, but wot do u tink? if I get the letter by August ending, can I finish al visa processing including d blocked acct stuff by d end of october?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by perop1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pls I need ur help, how can I get admission to any germany unviersity and I need help to get admission, and can I work and study there pls I need ur help and advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.