Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) (66920 Views)

Her First Child Belongs To My Friend! Should I Tell Her Husband? / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / Lady Puts Up Guy's Photo On Twitter To Know If He Belongs To Any Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Federalofficia(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
grin
Toks2008:

You watch too many Nollywood Movies.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by georgemarcus(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
I pray they read and understand this your copied thread or even listen to your advise. Because in this country now, we have eyes but we cant see, have ears yet we cant hear. We no se ABA road no good yet we still de go Aba...u get the point now grin

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by pocohantas(f): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
relaxandsmile:
And you think the men that are going into polygamy are looking for left over? The notions you people have about polygamy is ...

K1 the Ultimate just married a mother of three. So who are you and your fellow Nairaland alfa males? Leftover indeed. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Amodi470(m): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bro ... you don't have to be a Muslim before you started taking an advice or solution from Muslims, Islam has solutions to many problems but ignorance has taken over peoples mind.
Shokoloko:

What happens to those of us who are not Muslims?
Is there a general process that can be applied across board regardless of faith? Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by NoFucksToGive: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
[s]
Toks2008:
I decide to drop this after reading a condescending post about a mother of 3 that just got married to a popular fuji artiste and i implore everyone to read this with an open mind.

Polygamy may not be appropriate for everyone but it remains a viable option for certain groups. Polygamy in Islam is a norm and there is no part in the Bible that forbids it or tags it a sin but rather it is Permissible just as GOD permits Divorce.

The concept of Polygamy is not about Men having many wives but it is geared towards ensuring that every lady who wants to get married can easily have a husband thereby curbing the act of sexual immorality.

Sometimes what may seem inappropriate may be an ideal option and talking about polygamy, i will strongly advise the following group of ladies to give it a thorough consideration.

1. THE WIDOW/DIVORCEE: Except a lady is still very young at the time she lost her husband or got divorced and she has no kids then she just might be fortunate to easily get a single guy who would love to marry her but as we know, many widows and divorcees are usually with kids and of age which makes them more appealing to married men rather than single guys who would prefer to go for young never married ladies. So If you are in this group, stop bothering your head hoping for a single guy except you just want to be toyed with. Consider marrying a married man who is willing to love and care for you.

2. THE NEVER MARRIED LADIES IN THEIR 40s: Many ladies in this group usually have this hope that there just might be one single guy who will be willing to settle down with them AND YES it is very possible just that the chances of this happening is very low. Most guys usually get married in their 30s and except they see a divorcee or a widower then they just might be lucky but unfortunately, even the widower or divorcee will still most likely prefer to go for far younger ladies which makes it even more difficult to come across single guys. My candid advise for this group of ladies is to get a responsible man to settle with regardless of his marital status.

3. THE NEVER MARRIED SINGLE MUMS: I have so many single mums as friends and the common mind-set they still have is that there is one single guy out there who will gladly marry them and some of them have remained celibate for years because according to them, they don't want to marry a married man and they are scared of single guys.... I think it just doesn't make any sense to continue hoping for one single guy to leave millions of ladies without kids to marry you. In most cases, this set of ladies get used by single men who just want to catch cruise with them. If you belong to this group please consider settling down with one responsible married man and avoid getting used by fvk boys in the name of looking for a single guy to marry.

4. THE IMPATIENT MONEY LOVERS/GOLD PICKERS: I honestly see nothing wrong in wanting a made guy after all, everyone has the right to make a choice but the problem i have with this set of ladies is when they put so much demand on a young progressive guy to provide what he can't. Wealth is progressive and except a man is very lucky to make huge money in his early age, I strongly believe that the best bet is for such a lady to look for one rich married man to marry because in most cases, it is men who are married and advanced in age that will be able to provide the type of life style this group of ladies desire .

5. THE UNLUCKY ONES: This group of ladies cut across all ages. They are just unlucky with single guys. They have tried many relationships with single men but they are just so unfortunate and they are totally fed up. My advice to them is to consider polygamy as there are many married men out there who will be willing to marry them and make them happy for as long as they live. It just doesn't make any sense to settle for a jerk just because you want a single man for yourself when there are super responsible married men ready to treat you like a queen.

6.THE SUGAR BABIES: This group of ladies are usually very young and to them, it is ok to date married men or sugar daddies who can take care of them but when it comes to marriage, it is a taboo for them to marry such men. I honestly do not understand how a lady will be having sexual relationship with a married man, enjoy the lavish lifestyle he provides but will find it difficult to marry same man and the worst twist is that in most cases, even after this set of ladies get married, they still linger in the relationship with their sugar daddies. No be juju be dat?

Make i stop here
[/s]

Guy, Guy!!! You need a job badly!! Joblessness is what makes a man shalaye like this on matters that doesnt concern him..Guy!!!!!! you are a talkative

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by VULCAN(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
You wrote a fantastic piece and I could not find any major fault in it.

But this response is beneath you.

The person was only questioning the practicality of your article and you responded like a know it all instead of using the opportunity to turn it around and make a stronger case.

You got emotional and it wasn't called for.

Those feminists that are being insulting, you said nothing to them but you responded to this with a put down whereas it is nothing but a demand for deeper clarification of your thoughts.

You can do better.

Thanks for the article. I will send the link out to friends

Toks2008:

You watch too many Nollywood Movies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Semaj77(m): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:
I decide to drop this after reading a condescending post about a mother of 3 that just got married to a popular fuji artiste and i implore everyone to read this with an open mind.

Polygamy may not be appropriate for everyone but it remains a viable option for certain groups. Polygamy in Islam is a norm and there is no part in the Bible that forbids it or tags it a sin but rather it is Permissible just as GOD permits Divorce.

The concept of Polygamy is not about Men having many wives but it is geared towards ensuring that every lady who wants to get married can easily have a husband thereby curbing the act of sexual immorality.

Sometimes what may seem inappropriate may be an ideal option and talking about polygamy, i will strongly advise the following group of ladies to give it a thorough consideration.

1. THE WIDOW/DIVORCEE: Except a lady is still very young at the time she lost her husband or got divorced and she has no kids then she just might be fortunate to easily get a single guy who would love to marry her but as we know, many widows and divorcees are usually with kids and of age which makes them more appealing to married men rather than single guys who would prefer to go for young never married ladies. So If you are in this group, stop bothering your head hoping for a single guy except you just want to be toyed with. Consider marrying a married man who is willing to love and care for you.

2. THE NEVER MARRIED LADIES IN THEIR 40s: Many ladies in this group usually have this hope that there just might be one single guy who will be willing to settle down with them AND YES it is very possible just that the chances of this happening is very low. Most guys usually get married in their 30s and except they see a divorcee or a widower then they just might be lucky but unfortunately, even the widower or divorcee will still most likely prefer to go for far younger ladies which makes it even more difficult to come across single guys. My candid advise for this group of ladies is to get a responsible man to settle with regardless of his marital status.

3. THE NEVER MARRIED SINGLE MUMS: I have so many single mums as friends and the common mind-set they still have is that there is one single guy out there who will gladly marry them and some of them have remained celibate for years because according to them, they don't want to marry a married man and they are scared of single guys.... I think it just doesn't make any sense to continue hoping for one single guy to leave millions of ladies without kids to marry you. In most cases, this set of ladies get used by single men who just want to catch cruise with them. If you belong to this group please consider settling down with one responsible married man and avoid getting used by fvk boys in the name of looking for a single guy to marry.

4. THE IMPATIENT MONEY LOVERS/GOLD PICKERS: I honestly see nothing wrong in wanting a made guy after all, everyone has the right to make a choice but the problem i have with this set of ladies is when they put so much demand on a young progressive guy to provide what he can't. Wealth is progressive and except a man is very lucky to make huge money in his early age, I strongly believe that the best bet is for such a lady to look for one rich married man to marry because in most cases, it is men who are married and advanced in age that will be able to provide the type of life style this group of ladies desire .

5. THE UNLUCKY ONES: This group of ladies cut across all ages. They are just unlucky with single guys. They have tried many relationships with single men but they are just so unfortunate and they are totally fed up. My advice to them is to consider polygamy as there are many married men out there who will be willing to marry them and make them happy for as long as they live. It just doesn't make any sense to settle for a jerk just because you want a single man for yourself when there are super responsible married men ready to treat you like a queen.

6.THE SUGAR BABIES: This group of ladies are usually very young and to them, it is ok to date married men or sugar daddies who can take care of them but when it comes to marriage, it is a taboo for them to marry such men. I honestly do not understand how a lady will be having sexual relationship with a married man, enjoy the lavish lifestyle he provides but will find it difficult to marry same man and the worst twist is that in most cases, even after this set of ladies get married, they still linger in the relationship with their sugar daddies. No be juju be dat?

Make i stop here

Which group of men should consider polyandry Waiting for the list

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Klass99(f): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by miqos02(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

GOD almighty has proffered a solution in the Scriptures as regards regulating polygamous homes cos as I wrote, he permits it for a reason.

Exodus 21 vs 10

If he takes an additional wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife.

This is how to treat an extra wife as well. As her kids.

you are wrong sir, read from verse 7

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do.
8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[b] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.
9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.
10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Thinkfree(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

Your writeup seems to proffer a solution to females to curb sexual immorality.
While it might favour the woman, but it doesn't talk about the problems that polygamy will cause for the children
the only problem in polygamy is living in the same compound with your co-wife.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Nnemuka(f): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Assistant Jesus has spoken....
Dear ladies, it's time for you to spark grin grin

Olodo OP
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Klass99(f): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2021

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by donestk(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
Most ladies in their 30s are very bittered and blame men for their misfortune

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by BabaIbo: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
OP, be precise please.

Just say Iyaebe, Pocohantas, and their likes should consider polygamy.

Save us the stress of reading through the list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
VULCAN:
The most problematic kids in the world are found in the US.

Polygamy is illegal there and the Mormons who practice it unofficially actually usually bring up better behaved children than the average Monogamist.

So update your operating system

No reasonable person will use the standard of the western world as a prototype for marriage.

But for my sexual decency, I would have lost count of the number of single mums and divorcees I would have slept with or even be servicing regularly.

Ask them why they left their marriage and you will hear the same reason... "He wanted another lady"

In Africa we keep the woman in our lives even if we go for another thereby maintaining the sanity of the children and the sanctity of marriage but in the western world, because of the illegality 9f polygamy, they just kuku divorce the wife and go for the new lady not minding the mental health of the kids.

Now the funniest twist is that these ladies who left their husbands end up as sx toys in the hands of randy men and even married men.

Those who choose to be celibate take succour in sx toys for years and I know may who have not had proper sx with a man for many years.

So I begin to wonder, why leave your husband when there is no guarantee that you will find a faithful man out there?, why not just stay in your marriage, focus on your kids and yourself and just see your husband as a booty call if you feel you don't love him as you use to.... Are there no better things in life than looking for one man that will seed his manhood to only you as long as he lives?

5 Likes

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Glink2018(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
CUMIN:

Yes. Read more about the Islamic perspective on polygamy.

The number of single moms in the dating pool is alarming.

Op wan shake the table seriously. and this thread go generate lots of traffic

who will now marry dem...?

those ladies that lack contemptment...an average single mother is hostile to a man. she might not show it at her initial stage but as time goes on, you will definately see it in her attitude...(talking from experience)

i rather go for single -searching that a single mother...

a single mother should focus on her children and leave guys alone...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
georgemarcus:
I pray they read and understand this your copied thread or even listen to your advise. Because in this country now, we have eyes but we cant see, have ears yet we cant hear. We no se ABA road no good yet we still de go Aba...u get the point now grin

Is your head paining you?

I don't copy threads, I create my threads.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by NaBanga: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
It's better for a woman to be a single mum, than to have high blood pressure due to polygamy. It does not work, even among the rich. The Western world is moving away from marriage and progressing very nicely.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

K1 the Ultimate just married a mother of four. So who are you and your fellow Nairaland alfa males? Leftover indeed. undecided

A Mother of 3 actually.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Walkee: 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

You know my great grand father did this method. It worked well until he died and it was time to share the properties. Very violent sibling rivalry among the children of the different wives sprung up from nowhere. It was not a question of equal sharing because some believed that the wives with the highest number of boys should inherit more, some said it was the first wives children to inherit more, some said it was the woman with the most children whether boy or girl.
They were not interested in the will (whether it was written or not). Different factions were applying different laws of the land.

In that case, what solution do you proffer for a man to avoid this situation after his death? And for a woman to ensure that her children are not dragged into this property menace?
that's a problem with your own tribe and tradition. Here in my place everything is well spelt out. Even a man can't interfere with the tenets of tradition regarding inheritance of his own property here talkless of rivaling kids

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by miqos02(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
this is deep
nellyelitz:
this was not from God AlMighty. the Bible is not the word of God but it only contains the word of God, i know that may be too deep for your understanding.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
VULCAN:
You wrote a fantastic piece and I could not find any major fault in it.

But this response is beneath you.

The person was only questioning the practicality of your article and you responded like a know it all instead of using the opportunity to turn it around and make a stronger case.

You got emotional and it wasn't called for.

Those feminists that are being insulting, you said nothing to them but you responded to this with a put down whereas it is nothing but a demand for deeper clarification of your thoughts.

You can do better.

Thanks for the article. I will send the link out to friends

Stop taking life too seriously. She wasn't asking for clarification but she made a conclusion and as Nigerians we mix humour with discussion sometimes so my post was a jovial response.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

K1 the Ultimate just married a mother of four. So who are you and your fellow Nairaland alfa males? Leftover indeed. undecided

The actual polygamists, with the money and comfort and status to afford are actually marrying different kinds of women in real life. grin Ned had his specs, some slay queens; KWAM, too, goes for others. MC Oluomo, etc, etc.

It's only the broke theoretical polygamists and imaginative playboys that come up with rules and theories to deal with women.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by TemmyT002(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hmm
This post kinda make sense sha.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by colestephan86: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

Make i stop here
I believe those that can care for more than one wife should go ahead and marry more than one.
Have any one seen Hausa ladies praying for husband's like their Christian sisters do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
miqos02:

you are wrong sir, read from verse 7

7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do.
8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself,[b] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.
9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.
10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

Lol! So what is the point?

I read from vs 1 of that chapter so I understand it clearly... My point is that GOD GAVE A REGULATORY RULE TO GUIDE POLYGAMY.

So I don't undrstand what you meant by saying I'm Wrong so please shed more light. You just quoted without making your point.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by tollyboy5(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hintona:
Is that so
I see you as my third wife.

Tho I have seen cheesy
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Sleekfingers: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
GENES11S:

So your wive shows you an attitude and you marry a second one?.

I guess if that one show you attitude again you will also go for the third one.

Prevention is better than cure. I'm not against having multiple wives but it should be done with good reasons not this petty one.

What good reason? I know what I was saying , when I mentioned attitude......I just don't wanna say exactly what she is doing......

Yes, if the second wife to be , is doing anyhow too, I will marry a third wife.........abi, na crime to have more than one wife?
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

A Mother of 3 actually.

I know say you go know the exact number. tongue

Magnoliaa:

The actual polygamists, with the money and comfortable and status to afford are actually marrying different kinds of women in real life. grin Ned had his specs, some slay queens; KWAM, too, goes for others. MC Oluomo, etc, etc.

It's only the broke theoretical polygamists and imaginative playboys that come up with rules and theories to deal with women

Exactly. Different men have their spec. MC Oluomo in particular targets divorcees and single mothers. Financially stable ones. In reality men would marry who they want, given that they love you and you do them well.

Life is too complex and I have come to realize people would find love in the strangest places.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
nellyelitz:
this was not from God AlMighty. the Bible is not the word of God but it only contains the word of God, i know that may be too deep for your understanding.

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Amarabae(f): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sorry I can't share my husband with another woman as a co-wife
imagine using timetable to determine when to sleep with him,
me that love playing with that thing every night cheesy

lol
on a serious note, polygamy is a high risk, involves a lot of dramas and stress.
One pencil
One Sharpener

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / 17-year-old Girl Flaunts Her Two Boyfriends (Photo) / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.