Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) (66931 Views)

Her First Child Belongs To My Friend! Should I Tell Her Husband? / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / Lady Puts Up Guy's Photo On Twitter To Know If He Belongs To Any Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by akdjr(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Why is everything always against women? I have read even the Bible were so many unfavorable laws therein are against women which shows men just sat down put a piece of write up just to subjugate women.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by starlite101(f): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
OP, this is absolute ignorance. Go sit down somewhere.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by TheSpellChecker: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
Newyorkitis:
I wonder why the OP did not expantiate on the ground that DIVORCE is permissible in the Bible.

God in the Bible abhors DIVORCE.

Expatiate.

There's really nothing there to EXPAND. cheesy
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Jman06:
I cringe at those of you that are always quick to encourage polygamy! And to think that some of you consider yourselves "mature" makes the matter worse.

Our forefathers did polygamy out of ignorance and many of them lived to regret that choice. Polygamy breeds poverty! Most polygamous homes I saw while growing up were mini war fronts!

Step siblings against step siblings, wives against wives, Husband being seen as loving one wife and her children over the other. Even In-laws against In-laws in some cases. Check children from polygamous homes, they're always toxic and battle ready even while dealing with outsiders.

Are we talking about the economic implications Imagine catering for a polygamous family as a man under this government! No be die be that

Polygamy also does not curb sexual immortality and promiscuity, rather it even encourages it. It is even better for a lady to use her vibrator if she cannot find a guy to marry or date her than getting involved in polygamy!

Many people in an attempt to appear "mature" actually expose their ignorance and lack of sound reasoning. It is too bad!

So in your head you are the reasonable one making sense.

Well I don't blame you. Nah you get sense pass.

To think that I wrote this for ladies but some guys are here mastrbating over the matter when they have no clue of how these ladies feel.

You even went ahead to propagate your ignorance by asking ladies to get married to dildos rather than have a man to themselves and nah you get sense pass.

Why did I even respond to you? Mr Mature

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 6ixT8: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
wud u marry a man who has many wife??

Regina Daniel!.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by OBALOLA55(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
u quote the wrong guy am not hitona
I MENTIONED HER NAME BRUH
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Arieljay(f): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Did you actually sit down to write this??oh well it's obvious you get orgasmic from insults cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Jidegaf(m): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
1000angstroms:

Headslammers justifying the main essence of islam which was fashioned around the rabid dog prophet mohammad's libido.

There is no point abusing people and their faith here.If you so which to contribute air your opinion and don't derail the thread.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Jman06(m): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

So in your head you are the reasonable one making sense.

Well I don't blame you. Nah you get sense pass.

To think that I wrote this for ladies but some guys are here mastrbating over the matter when they have no clue of how these ladies feel.

You even went ahead to propagate your ignorance by asking ladies to get married to dildos rather than have a man to themselves and nah you get sense pass.

Why did I even respond to you? Mr Mature
Mttttccchewwwww

I wonder who appointed this one minister for single ladies affairs on nairaland I'm sure that any lady who follows the craps you write here as "advice" will land into serious trouble.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by lovchalice(f): 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Make i hear
I became a single mum at 40
Got married on 13/11/21 to a widower at 42
Truly martied as in the whole works
Traditional
Court and white
Always believe in yourself and your God
Never settle for less or else you will get less than what you settled for

3 Likes

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AroOkigbo(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

What happens to those of us who are not Muslims?
Is there a general process that can be applied across board regardless of faith? Thank you
Even most modern day Muslims in Nigeria (at least) don't marry more than one wife anymore.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AroOkigbo(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
lovchalice:
Make i hear
I became a single mum at 40
Got married on 13/11/21 to a widower at 42
Truly martied as in the whole works
Traditional
Court and white
Always believe in yourself and your God
Never settle for less or else you will get less than what you settled for

Did you plan to be a single mum at 40?
Did you ever plan to marry a widower at 42?

So what's the "never settle for less" you muted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Jidegaf(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

Guy carry your ignorance to another thread.

This is a thread for enlightened people with sound intellect.

If you can't back it up with Scriptures then stop disgracing yourself.

Ignorant sheeple like you come and let me school you about the Scriptures.

Were you even born when I gave my life to christ in 1987?

Biko carry your ignorance commot.
Thank you bros this is intellectual discourse and we don't want over 'Sabi' people afterall all the prophet of God in the Bible were polygamist.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Daughterboard(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
That is human nature. Why did Cain kill his blood brother?

Shokoloko:

You know my great grand father did this method. It worked well until he died and it was time to share the properties. Very violent sibling rivalry among the children of the different wives sprung up from nowhere. It was not a question of equal sharing because some believed that the wives with the highest number of boys should inherit more, some said it was the first wives children to inherit more, some said it was the woman with the most children whether boy or girl.
They were not interested in the will (whether it was written or not). Different factions were applying different laws of the land.

In that case, what solution do you proffer for a man to avoid this situation after his death? And for a woman to ensure that her children are not dragged into this property menace?
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AroOkigbo(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sleekfingers:

What's wrong with a polygamist? Let me tell you, lately, my wife , dey show some attitude.....and I am thinking of marrying a second wife, I mean one of my side chick.......

Truth be told:
Your "love" for your side chicks is one of the things that is making you feel your wife is showing some attitude.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by CUMIN: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
yemi1504:

Because of most of the decisions they took in their prime and their ugly behavior. As usual and as I always say, there are consequences for actions even if our church brothers continue to marry some of these liabilities. Not most of them could be lucky in this regard.

It's advisable not to blame them. They never intended to be single moms circumstances happen.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
OBALOLA55:
I MENTIONED HER NAME BRUH
aiit
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by samwillyco1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
Supported
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by TiglathPILESER: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
@toks2008 who made you an authority to over the bible...quoting falsehood in the name of solidifying your argument...who told the bible supports polygamy....you must a joker...
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by xtycool: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

GOD almighty has proffered a solution in the Scriptures as regards regulating polygamous homes cos as I wrote, he permits it for a reason.

Exodus 21 vs 10

If he takes an additional wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife.

This is how to treat an extra wife as well. As her kids.

So everybody is now refers to as an Hebrew servant. Read exo.21vs 1-10. Bible is not confusing , Christianity starts from new testament after Jesus Christ, those that were behaving like Christ are called Christians. As a Christian you r not permitted to marry more than a wife. Even historically, God made Adam and Eve, if God want polygamy he would have made more than Eve for Adam. Even in Genesis 2:24 was written "a man cleave to his wife not wives", no good Christ believer will marry more than a wife.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2loadedguy: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
joyandfaith:

What happens when polygamous man dies? What is the fate of 4 wives he would leave behind?
Back to ground zero?
Sorry to say, but this is a very stupid response. Is there anyone that will not die? Even the wives might end up dying before the man, so what happens then?
Atimes I just wonder why we get some illogical response like this when it's obvious both a monogamous and a polygamous man would die.
There's nothing wrong with polygamy, we were only scammed by foreign religion that it's a bd thing.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Jidegaf(m): 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Jman06:
I cringe at those of you that are always quick to encourage polygamy! And to think that some of you consider yourselves "mature" makes the matter worse.

Our forefathers did polygamy out of ignorance and many of them lived to regret that choice. Polygamy breeds poverty! Most polygamous homes I saw while growing up were mini war fronts!

Step siblings against step siblings, wives against wives, Husband being seen as loving one wife and her children over the other. Even In-laws against In-laws in some cases. Check children from polygamous homes, they're always toxic and battle ready even while dealing with outsiders.

Are we talking about the economic implications Imagine catering for a polygamous family as a man under this government! No be die be that

Polygamy also does not curb sexual immortality and promiscuity, rather it even encourages it. It is even better for a lady to use her vibrator if she cannot find a guy to marry or date her than getting involved in polygamy!

Many people in an attempt to appear "mature" actually expose their ignorance and lack of sound reasoning. It is too bad!

On a contrary polygamy has existed in Arab world for decades and I don't think it is making them poor.
If you think polygamy breeds population and over population cause poverty is mythical economics.
Productive large population is always good for any economy and examples of those abound e g ,China etc.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Lokojatoofar: 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
The first wife nko? She should be the one to consider polygamy not the outsider comming in. Unless the opinion of the woman at home doesnt count then its left for those ones listed there to decide if they want to marry an already married man or not.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Solofresh2: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:
I decide to drop this after reading a condescending post about a mother of 3 that just got married to a popular fuji artiste and i implore everyone to read this with an open mind.

Polygamy may not be appropriate for everyone but it remains a viable option for certain groups. Polygamy in Islam is a norm and there is no part in the Bible that forbids it or tags it a sin but rather it is Permissible just as GOD permits Divorce.

The concept of Polygamy is not about Men having many wives but it is geared towards ensuring that every lady who wants to get married can easily have a husband thereby curbing the act of sexual immorality.

Sometimes what may seem inappropriate may be an ideal option and talking about polygamy, i will strongly advise the following group of ladies to give it a thorough consideration.

1. THE WIDOW/DIVORCEE: Except a lady is still very young at the time she lost her husband or got divorced and she has no kids then she just might be fortunate to easily get a single guy who would love to marry her but as we know, many widows and divorcees are usually with kids and of age which makes them more appealing to married men rather than single guys who would prefer to go for young never married ladies. So If you are in this group, stop bothering your head hoping for a single guy except you just want to be toyed with. Consider marrying a married man who is willing to love and care for you.

2. THE NEVER MARRIED LADIES IN THEIR 40s: Many ladies in this group usually have this hope that there just might be one single guy who will be willing to settle down with them AND YES it is very possible just that the chances of this happening is very low. Most guys usually get married in their 30s and except they see a divorcee or a widower then they just might be lucky but unfortunately, even the widower or divorcee will still most likely prefer to go for far younger ladies which makes it even more difficult to come across single guys. My candid advise for this group of ladies is to get a responsible man to settle with regardless of his marital status.

3. THE NEVER MARRIED SINGLE MUMS: I have so many single mums as friends and the common mind-set they still have is that there is one single guy out there who will gladly marry them and some of them have remained celibate for years because according to them, they don't want to marry a married man and they are scared of single guys.... I think it just doesn't make any sense to continue hoping for one single guy to leave millions of ladies without kids to marry you. In most cases, this set of ladies get used by single men who just want to catch cruise with them. If you belong to this group please consider settling down with one responsible married man and avoid getting used by fvk boys in the name of looking for a single guy to marry.

4. THE IMPATIENT MONEY LOVERS/GOLD PICKERS: I honestly see nothing wrong in wanting a made guy after all, everyone has the right to make a choice but the problem i have with this set of ladies is when they put so much demand on a young progressive guy to provide what he can't. Wealth is progressive and except a man is very lucky to make huge money in his early age, I strongly believe that the best bet is for such a lady to look for one rich married man to marry because in most cases, it is men who are married and advanced in age that will be able to provide the type of life style this group of ladies desire .

5. THE UNLUCKY ONES: This group of ladies cut across all ages. They are just unlucky with single guys. They have tried many relationships with single men but they are just so unfortunate and they are totally fed up. My advice to them is to consider polygamy as there are many married men out there who will be willing to marry them and make them happy for as long as they live. It just doesn't make any sense to settle for a jerk just because you want a single man for yourself when there are super responsible married men ready to treat you like a queen.

6.THE SUGAR BABIES: This group of ladies are usually very young and to them, it is ok to date married men or sugar daddies who can take care of them but when it comes to marriage, it is a taboo for them to marry such men. I honestly do not understand how a lady will be having sexual relationship with a married man, enjoy the lavish lifestyle he provides but will find it difficult to marry same man and the worst twist is that in most cases, even after this set of ladies get married, they still linger in the relationship with their sugar daddies. No be juju be dat?

Make i stop here
You are always out of points and your topics are always about how a female will benefit from its opposite gender and they are always selfish points.
Whoever tells you polygamy will stop immorality among women should get his/her brain checked.You don't even consider the kids that would be involved.Not knowing that some of the kids will be the one to suffer more in this polygamy shit!
Am from a polygamous home so I know what I faced before I become comfortable.
OP am sorry to say this.You are nothing but a simpleton
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by joyandfaith: 4:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
2loadedguy:

Sorry to say, but this is a very stupid response. Is there anyone that will not die? Even the wives might end up dying before the man, so what happens then?
Atimes I just wonder why we get some illogical response like this when it's obvious both a monogamous and a polygamous man would die.
There's nothing wrong with polygamy, we were only scammed by foreign religion that it's a bd thing.

Four wives will become widows. Based on your stupid logic, 4 widows should look for polygamous men to marry. If wives die, polygamous men will look for perhaps younger women to marry.
Polygamy is rubbish. In yoruba land, most widows from polygamous home become concubines.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 1000angstroms(m): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Jidegaf:

There is no point abusing people and their faith here.If you so which to contribute air your opinion and don't derail the thread.

I can say whatever I want to say when I want to say it. But you find a point when Igbos and Nnamdi kanu are abused right? Oga just respect your old age and getat with this your selective justice. I will insult whosoever I want even if it is the nymphomaniac useless and worthless mohammed and the lunatic idiotic allah, any muslim who cares can go and drink cement.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2loadedguy: 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
Jman06:

Polygamy also does not curb sexual immorality and promiscuity, rather it even encourages it. It is even better for a lady to use her vibrator if she cannot find a guy to marry or date her than getting involved in polygamy!

Stop all these your long essay quoting nonsense. The western countries that you are trying to emulate with monogamy have the highest divorce rates. Conversely the children born in polygamous homes in the North have better morals than the ones from monogamous homes down south.
There's nothing wrong with polygamy, it's just your religious brainwashed personality that thinks there's something wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Prince001(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

Polygamy advocate. undecided

Weldone to him ooo cos only in Nigeria that so called people he mentioned can't get partner easily cos here in abroad if u are Beautiful and have good heart u will surely get someone regardless of ur past marital status cos over have seen a guy that a women from Africa with 4 kids. If u see d woman unless she tell u that u won't believe age already had 4 kids. My only advice to our women is to take care of their body by eating good. I should stress it enough, àkàrà and ogi is 1000 times better than pizza and all those fast food majority of our women consuming thinking they ate living better life. All those fast food in abroad is poor people food cos it got less nutrition and high risk of health issue associated to them!!
Eat good food and take care of urself!
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by dododawa1: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Which category is RIGINA
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Gnosticstudent(m): 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:
An article churned from the stables of a notorious polygamist.

I don't mind being a last wife to Dangote shaa. Who cares? The ones wey no be polygamist, na still the same them be. I can't lose both ways, biko.

Look at Regina, that girl will never have any sort of problem as long as finance and influence are concerned. Up to her 10th generation are secured. Let me just catch a whiff of something close. I got him locked.

Keenam o..
You no go even mind polyandry too abi..
I have quitely been keeping tabs on you from way back, from your alternate, you are infamously crazy and adventurous to try that..
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Sttk: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naija Girl Calls Out Her Friend On Twitter For Sleeping With Her Father [PICS] / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / 17-year-old Girl Flaunts Her Two Boyfriends (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.