Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) (66930 Views)

Her First Child Belongs To My Friend! Should I Tell Her Husband? / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / Lady Puts Up Guy's Photo On Twitter To Know If He Belongs To Any Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by usmexy1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
Diseases....it promotes jealousy, using of evil deeds towards each other, disrespectful, blasphemy, house riot, negative thinking towards each other..

God forbid
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Jman06(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
2loadedguy:

Stop all these your long essay quoting nonsense. The western countries that you are trying to emulate with monogamy have the highest divorce rates. Conversely the children born in polygamous homes in the North have better morals than the ones from monogamous homes down south.
There's nothing wrong with polygamy, it's just your religious brainwashed personality that thinks there's something wrong with it.
It is common sense for any right thinking person to be against polygamy! It has nothing to do with the west or with religion. Polygamy is against nature! Tell yourself the truth, how many women can you have sex with at the same time? Or rather, how long can you last on a woman per round of sex? At most 30minutes! And I'm sure you can't do more than 4 rounds in a day. So, can you now see that nature did not imbue you with the power to be with more than one wife? Forget all the exaggerations you guys do about your sexual prowess.

Our forefathers that married many wives did that mostly out of ignorance and ego. Even at that, they employed measures like female genital mutilation, cultural taboos and so on to keep the women's sexuality in check. It is not like they were super power sexually.

So, there's nothing to support the claims that men are polygamous in nature! At least, not from the angle of sex.

Economically speaking, marrying many wives and filling everywhere with children does no one any good. In the northern part of Nigeria where polygamy is rife with a soaring population, there's nothing to suggest that they're are economically well off. Instead, they score low in all economic indices, suggesting that a large human population does not translate to a thriving economy. Evidences have shown that a smaller population of high quality individuals is better placed to thrive economically than a larger population of low quality, poorly educated, unhealthy and unskilled individuals.

Some of you argue about Arab countries that practice polygamy and use them as standards to promote polygamy. But on a critical analysis of those countries like Saudi, you'll see that they thrive on oil reserves and on proceeds from religion, and not on human capital. Even at that, they're not that fantastic.

Now, compare those Arab countries with our poor Nigeria. You'll see why every right thinking person should never encourage polygamy. We should rather be worried about our astronomically growing population!

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
lovchalice:
Make i hear
I became a single mum at 40
Got married on 13/11/21 to a widower at 42
Truly martied as in the whole works
Traditional
Court and white
Always believe in yourself and your God
Never settle for less or else you will get less than what you settled for

I would have said congrats but your conclusion makes no sense.

So those who chose to marry a married man settled for less right?

Please Park well.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
xtycool:

So everybody is now refers to as an Hebrew servant. Read exo.21vs 1-10. Bible is not confusing , Christianity starts from new testament after Jesus Christ, those that were behaving like Christ are called Christians. As a Christian you r not permitted to marry more than a wife. Even historically, God made Adam and Eve, if God want polygamy he would have made more than Eve for Adam. Even in Genesis 2:24 was written "a man cleave to his wife not wives", no good Christ believer will marry more than a wife.

Can you just read what you wrote again...

This is the lamest argument many people use

Please read this and broaden your knowledge or continue to wallow in your ignorance

https://www.nairaland.com/4303658/dont-deceived-polygamy-not-sin
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
Solofresh2:
You are always out of points and your topics are always about how a female will benefit from its opposite gender and they are always selfish points.
Whoever tells you polygamy will stop immorality among women should get his/her brain checked.You don't even consider the kids that would be involved.Not knowing that some of the kids will be the one to suffer more in this polygamy shit!
Am from a polygamous home so I know what I faced before I become comfortable.
OP am sorry to say this.You are nothing but a simpleton

I'm sorry to say that your Dad must be a very poor man no pun intended or perhaps did not organise his home well.

Polygamy is not for the poor or for those who are not organized.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Solofresh2: 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

I'm sorry to say that your Dad must be a very poor man no pun intended or perhaps did not organise his home well.

Polygamy is not for the poor or for those who are not organized.
I don't blame you because you always feel you are always right.
I bet you are not from a polygamous home.Mind you, money does not gurantee happiness because you are the poor one here to think Money will always gurantee happiness.
My dad is not poor and not to so rich but he is comfortable.A Yoruba adage says "Orisha jenpe meji ko denu obinrin"
You need to stop being a simp.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Mtcheww

Toks and one of his numerous useless topics

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2mNaira: 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

Matthew 19: 4-9
Mark 10: 1-12

Toks2008, kindly read the below.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Mark 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

God's perfect be plan for man was that they there should be marriage between two-a man and a woman.

God's perfect will for man was one man one wife, in the old testament he permitted polygamy. It is not his perfect will for man. In the new testament which Jesus brought to existence by his death and resurrection, it is one man, one wife. Marriage in the new testament is meant for two.

Please stop making reference to the old testament saint in reference to marriage. That was not God's plan or perfect will for man.

Every man who wants to walk in God's perfect will for him should marry one wife. Al Christian's should marry one wife- that is God's perfect will for Christian's.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by ultimateprof: 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
I like your write up. I know that the people that need this advise will not make use of it.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2mNaira: 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

Even the verse you quoted is not against polygamy.. It only advised deacons and General overseers to be a husband of one wife.... it was an advice not that it will be counted as a sin if they choose to marry more wives.

Infact there is a translation of the original manuscript that believes that part actually mean THEY SHOULD BE FAITHFUL TO THEIR WIFE NOT THAT THEY SHOULD BE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE.

The mistake many people make is that they take the singularity of marriage to mean a man can't marry another lady.

Marriage is expressed in singular form but you can be joined with as many ladies as you want.

Please rea this thread of mine for more understanding...

1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

The above scripture is not an advise to bishops and deacons. It is a compulsory requirement. Notice the use of the word MUST.

Also the word translated bishop in the above verse is the Greek word "episkope" which refers to an "overseer" which in the contest means an appointed pastor. It does not mean general overseer.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Realdeals(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
You have said the truth, but the Nigerian Christian faith family will not agree. Followers have been indoctrinated with the belief that polygamy is a sin without acknowledging the fact that monogamy that is being promoted by the faith increases chances of sexual immoralities.

Toks2008:
I decide to drop this after reading a condescending post about a mother of 3 that just got married to a popular fuji artiste and i implore everyone to read this with an open mind.

Polygamy may not be appropriate for everyone but it remains a viable option for certain groups. Polygamy in Islam is a norm and there is no part in the Bible that forbids it or tags it a sin but rather it is Permissible just as GOD permits Divorce.

The concept of Polygamy is not about Men having many wives but it is geared towards ensuring that every lady who wants to get married can easily have a husband thereby curbing the act of sexual immorality.

Sometimes what may seem inappropriate may be an ideal option and talking about polygamy, i will strongly advise the following group of ladies to give it a thorough consideration.

1. THE WIDOW/DIVORCEE: Except a lady is still very young at the time she lost her husband or got divorced and she has no kids then she just might be fortunate to easily get a single guy who would love to marry her but as we know, many widows and divorcees are usually with kids and of age which makes them more appealing to married men rather than single guys who would prefer to go for young never married ladies. So If you are in this group, stop bothering your head hoping for a single guy except you just want to be toyed with. Consider marrying a married man who is willing to love and care for you.

2. THE NEVER MARRIED LADIES IN THEIR 40s: Many ladies in this group usually have this hope that there just might be one single guy who will be willing to settle down with them AND YES it is very possible just that the chances of this happening is very low. Most guys usually get married in their 30s and except they see a divorcee or a widower then they just might be lucky but unfortunately, even the widower or divorcee will still most likely prefer to go for far younger ladies which makes it even more difficult to come across single guys. My candid advise for this group of ladies is to get a responsible man to settle with regardless of his marital status.

3. THE NEVER MARRIED SINGLE MUMS: I have so many single mums as friends and the common mind-set they still have is that there is one single guy out there who will gladly marry them and some of them have remained celibate for years because according to them, they don't want to marry a married man and they are scared of single guys.... I think it just doesn't make any sense to continue hoping for one single guy to leave millions of ladies without kids to marry you. In most cases, this set of ladies get used by single men who just want to catch cruise with them. If you belong to this group please consider settling down with one responsible married man and avoid getting used by fvk boys in the name of looking for a single guy to marry.

4. THE IMPATIENT MONEY LOVERS/GOLD PICKERS: I honestly see nothing wrong in wanting a made guy after all, everyone has the right to make a choice but the problem i have with this set of ladies is when they put so much demand on a young progressive guy to provide what he can't. Wealth is progressive and except a man is very lucky to make huge money in his early age, I strongly believe that the best bet is for such a lady to look for one rich married man to marry because in most cases, it is men who are married and advanced in age that will be able to provide the type of life style this group of ladies desire .

5. THE UNLUCKY ONES: This group of ladies cut across all ages. They are just unlucky with single guys. They have tried many relationships with single men but they are just so unfortunate and they are totally fed up. My advice to them is to consider polygamy as there are many married men out there who will be willing to marry them and make them happy for as long as they live. It just doesn't make any sense to settle for a jerk just because you want a single man for yourself when there are super responsible married men ready to treat you like a queen.

6.THE SUGAR BABIES: This group of ladies are usually very young and to them, it is ok to date married men or sugar daddies who can take care of them but when it comes to marriage, it is a taboo for them to marry such men. I honestly do not understand how a lady will be having sexual relationship with a married man, enjoy the lavish lifestyle he provides but will find it difficult to marry same man and the worst twist is that in most cases, even after this set of ladies get married, they still linger in the relationship with their sugar daddies. No be juju be dat?

Make i stop here
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AutoChick4U(f): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
CUMIN:

You people always think of everything that could go wrong with something...go and check the history of Wahab Folawiyo when he was alive and after his death.

The current reality is different from what you guys conceived. The amount of single moms in the dating pool is alarming.

This days when I approach a lady, I ask her straight if she has a child.
I made it plain and simple, other things will be sought out later. She might feel hurt immediately but it's better than feeling used after several sexcapades.
You guilty of d same thing u accusing me of. To each his own anyways thats why I love oyibo mentality.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Realdeals(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
It is an admonition by the apostle as per their perception and not a law. If Jesus actually want a law for his followers, he would have listed them before he depart, but he understand that no law is sacrosanct and are subject to modification as per events that occurs in the society.

2mNaira:

1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

The above scripture is not an advise to bishops and deacons. It is a compulsory requirement. Notice the use of the word MUST.

Also the word translated bishop in the above verse is the Greek word "episkope" which refers to an "overseer" which in the contest means an appointed pastor. It does not mean general overseer.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2mNaira: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
sellers4buyers:

I have read the thread, and you did justice to the issue of Polygamy, kudos brother.

I always say, nature that made X chromosome stay longer than Y chromosomes in the uterus or wherever has already encouraged and program polygamy into the scheme of things. We just have to figure out how to make it work.

Just as you have clearly highlited in your thread, polygamy becomes a SIN when you marry under the marriage Act (in a licensed place of worship or at the Registery) and go ahead to marry another woman. Biblically it becomes a Sin, under Nigerian law (Marriage Act) it becomes an offence. Then we can call you a sinner and you have to be punished.

If you have ever dated two to three women or more at ones without issues, you have the talent already. Work hard and have the money, nature needs you. More women are subscribing to polygamy of more than ever. Cheers

Toks2008 is misiforming people. Polygamy is not God's will for his children. He permitted it in the old testament because of the hardness of their heart. Morover, the old testament is different from the new testament. The new testament came into existence after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the new testament we are expected to walk in God's perfect will. Polygamy is not God's perfect will for man.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Jesus, the originator of the new testament pointed out that marriage was originally meant for TWO people.Marrying of more than one wife was not so from the beginning.

Notice he said "two shall be one flesh" and not "three shall be one flesh".
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by CUMIN: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
AutoChick4U:
You guilty of d same thing u accusing me of. To each his own anyways thats why I love oyibo mentality.

I'm not accusing you of anything. You're free to relocate abroad.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Mustapha04(m): 8:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Among the pristine heritage of our marriage institution is polygamy and this can not be watered down. Women are generally averse to it though, that aversion could be;
Fear of neglect by the husband
Her selfish desire to Monopolize the man
What she knows of her husband's shortcoming, and several other reasons best-known women.

Toks2008:
I decide to drop this after reading a condescending post about a mother of 3 that just got married to a popular fuji artiste and i implore everyone to read this with an open mind.

Polygamy may not be appropriate for everyone but it remains a viable option for certain groups. Polygamy in Islam is a norm and there is no part in the Bible that forbids it or tags it a sin but rather it is Permissible just as GOD permits Divorce.

The concept of Polygamy is not about Men having many wives but it is geared towards ensuring that every lady who wants to get married can easily have a husband thereby curbing the act of sexual immorality.

Sometimes what may seem inappropriate may be an ideal option and talking about polygamy, i will strongly advise the following group of ladies to give it a thorough consideration.

1. THE WIDOW/DIVORCEE: Except a lady is still very young at the time she lost her husband or got divorced and she has no kids then she just might be fortunate to easily get a single guy who would love to marry her but as we know, many widows and divorcees are usually with kids and of age which makes them more appealing to married men rather than single guys who would prefer to go for young never married ladies. So If you are in this group, stop bothering your head hoping for a single guy except you just want to be toyed with. Consider marrying a married man who is willing to love and care for you.

2. THE NEVER MARRIED LADIES IN THEIR 40s: Many ladies in this group usually have this hope that there just might be one single guy who will be willing to settle down with them AND YES it is very possible just that the chances of this happening is very low. Most guys usually get married in their 30s and except they see a divorcee or a widower then they just might be lucky but unfortunately, even the widower or divorcee will still most likely prefer to go for far younger ladies which makes it even more difficult to come across single guys. My candid advise for this group of ladies is to get a responsible man to settle with regardless of his marital status.

3. THE NEVER MARRIED SINGLE MUMS: I have so many single mums as friends and the common mind-set they still have is that there is one single guy out there who will gladly marry them and some of them have remained celibate for years because according to them, they don't want to marry a married man and they are scared of single guys.... I think it just doesn't make any sense to continue hoping for one single guy to leave millions of ladies without kids to marry you. In most cases, this set of ladies get used by single men who just want to catch cruise with them. If you belong to this group please consider settling down with one responsible married man and avoid getting used by fvk boys in the name of looking for a single guy to marry.

4. THE IMPATIENT MONEY LOVERS/GOLD PICKERS: I honestly see nothing wrong in wanting a made guy after all, everyone has the right to make a choice but the problem i have with this set of ladies is when they put so much demand on a young progressive guy to provide what he can't. Wealth is progressive and except a man is very lucky to make huge money in his early age, I strongly believe that the best bet is for such a lady to look for one rich married man to marry because in most cases, it is men who are married and advanced in age that will be able to provide the type of life style this group of ladies desire .

5. THE UNLUCKY ONES: This group of ladies cut across all ages. They are just unlucky with single guys. They have tried many relationships with single men but they are just so unfortunate and they are totally fed up. My advice to them is to consider polygamy as there are many married men out there who will be willing to marry them and make them happy for as long as they live. It just doesn't make any sense to settle for a jerk just because you want a single man for yourself when there are super responsible married men ready to treat you like a queen.

6.THE SUGAR BABIES: This group of ladies are usually very young and to them, it is ok to date married men or sugar daddies who can take care of them but when it comes to marriage, it is a taboo for them to marry such men. I honestly do not understand how a lady will be having sexual relationship with a married man, enjoy the lavish lifestyle he provides but will find it difficult to marry same man and the worst twist is that in most cases, even after this set of ladies get married, they still linger in the relationship with their sugar daddies. No be juju be dat?

Make I stop here
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2mNaira: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Realdeals:
It is an admonition by the apostle as per their perception and not a law. If Jesus actually want a law for his followers, he would have listed them before he depart, but he understand that no law is sacrosanct and are subject to modification as per events that occurs in the society.

No, the words of the apostles are the words of God.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AutoChick4U(f): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
CUMIN:

I'm not accusing you of anything. You're free to relocate abroad.
Shalom. I wonder how single mom talk enter d matter abi does polygamy gat any correlation with single parenthood? Ohoo
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AutoChick4U(f): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2021
2mNaira:

No, the words of the apostles are the words of God.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
moved by d holy ghost or their personal reservations. Dem go act like pa to God. God has no qualms with polygamy, if he did, he wouldn't even use many people he used in d old testament.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2021
2mNaira:

Toks2008, kindly read the below.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Mark 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

God's perfect be plan for man was that they there should be marriage between two-a man and a woman.

God's perfect will for man was one man one wife, in the old testament he permitted polygamy. It is not his perfect will for man. In the new testament which Jesus brought to existence by his death and resurrection, it is one man, one wife. Marriage in the new testament is meant for two.

Please stop making reference to the old testament saint in reference to marriage. That was not God's plan or perfect will for man.

Every man who wants to walk in God's perfect will for him should marry one wife. Al Christian's should marry one wife- that is God's perfect will for Christian's.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You need a better understanding and please please don't ever be part of the people writing off old testament... It is blasphemous to do so.

Even Jesus said he hasnt come to abolish it so be guided please.

Please go to this thread to have a proper understanding.

Thanks

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2mNaira: 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

You need a better understanding and please please don't ever be part of the people writing off old testament... It is blasphemous to do so.

Even Jesus said he hasnt come to abolish it so be guided please.

Please go to this thread to have a proper understanding.

Thanks

I already read that post. The post is a misinformation.

Jesus said "Two shall be one flesh" and not "Three shall be one flesh". Marriage should be between two-a man and a woman.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2021
2mNaira:

Toks2008 is misiforming people. Polygamy is not God's will for his children. He permitted it in the old testament because of the hardness of their heart. Morover, the old testament is different from the new testament. The new testament came into existence after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the new testament we are expected to walk in God's perfect will. Polygamy is not God's perfect will for man.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Jesus, the originator of the new testament pointed out that marriage was originally meant for TWO people.Marrying of more than one wife was not so from the beginning.

Notice he said "two shall be one flesh" and not "three shall be one flesh".
You still dey write this blasphemy.

Be careful guy.

“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Rev. 22:18–19.)
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2021
2mNaira:

I already read that post. The post is a misinformation.

Jesus said "Two shall be one flesh" and not "Three shall be one flesh". Marriage should be between two-a man and a woman.

This means you did not read to comprehend but you read to respond.

Now let me extract this part so you can read again.

"Many people have tried to use man's philosophy to label polygamy a sin by quoting several scriptures referring to a man and a woman joining together to be one flesh in a singular manner.

The idea of "one flesh" does not mean that the man is exclusive to that woman. It means that at anytime a marriage takes place,it is the joining of one man and one woman(singular)but if a man can be joined as one to a harlot whilst still one with his wife then he can be joined to as many brides as he desires.

Now Let's take a look at this verse

1 corinthians 6:16
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.”

In essence, the fact that marriage is always expressed in the singular does not mean a man can not be singularly joined to as many women as possible."

Another funny twist is that people think marriage is the ceremony but the fact is marriage is actually when you have sex with someone cos that is when you fulfill the final part of marriage which is becoming one but that is another topic entirely.

Guy rest this matter. Polygamy is not a sin and the world will be foolish to continue with divorce claiming it is allowed by GOD and then condemn polygamy. That is hypocrisy
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by muheeb01(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
To be very honest I don't like polygamy setting wahala too much for the country already now adding two women palaver...no oooo

Check my signature and pofile for my work
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by CUMIN: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Shalom. I wonder how single mom talk enter d matter abi does polygamy gat any correlation with single parenthood? Ohoo

Sorry mam I wasn't directing that comment to you...if you are in any way perplexed by my comment...I really apologize for how you understand it.

Shalom.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AutoChick4U(f): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
CUMIN:

Sorry mam I wasn't directing that comment to you...if you are in any way perplexed by my comment...I really apologize for how you understand it.

Shalom.
Indeed. Bye
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by authority2006(m): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

Your writeup seems to proffer a solution to females to curb sexual immorality.
While it might favour the woman, but it doesn't talk about the problems that polygamy will cause for the children

I grew up in polygamous family, three wives. I stil remember how my far older half/step brothers used to carry me on their shoulders anytime we were trekking long distance.
Now that I'm adult, we're still the same brothers. If I don't call them for months, na queries I would get if they call me. That's love for you.
The sweet memorable experiences is the reason I'm used to telling my wife that I'm destined to marry two wives.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by NaBanga: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
Ignore all these confused teachings of men like Toks2008 that are wise in their own eyes. These are Ungodly and evil teachings that will Destroy your soul.

No matter your age , No matter your Matter! Stick to what GOD says. Read your Bible, see GOD'S word and abide by it.

Polygamy is not of GOD. It is a sin. That is not GOD'S Standard.

Whatever you do you in life, stick to GOD'S Standard because will account to GOD .

If you are in such a union, you are thief, home breaker and a robber. Except the legally married 1st Wife or husband is Dead.

If you value your soul, or you Desire Eternal life with JESUS Christ,pack your baggage and go back to your father's house.

GOD'S word will not change no matter how the word changes.

Eternity is not a community race.
Eternity is a Personal Race.

cheesy
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by authority2006(m): 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
usmexy1:
Diseases....it promotes jealousy, using of evil deeds towards each other, disrespectful, blasphemy, house riot, negative thinking towards each other..

God forbid

Nollywood kind of polygamous family, lol.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by authority2006(m): 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2021
AutoChick4U:

The mentality of marrying to divorce just because one of the partner is already lining up another woman or man to marry? Marry to divorce and divorce to marry again just because their law doesn't allow polygamy? Lol
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by 2mNaira: 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

This means you did not read to comprehend but you read to respond.

Now let me extract this part so you can read again.

"Many people have tried to use man's philosophy to label polygamy a sin by quoting several scriptures referring to a man and a woman joining together to be one flesh in a singular manner.

The idea of "one flesh" does not mean that the man is exclusive to that woman. It means that at anytime a marriage takes place,it is the joining of one man and one woman(singular)but if a man can be joined as one to a harlot whilst still one with his wife then he can be joined to as many brides as he desires.

Now Let's take a look at this verse

1 corinthians 6:16
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.”

In essence, the fact that marriage is always expressed in the singular does not mean a man can not be singularly joined to as many women as possible."

Another funny twist is that people think marriage is the ceremony but the fact is marriage is actually when you have sex with someone cos that is when you fulfill the final part of marriage which is becoming one but that is another topic entirely.

Guy rest this matter. Polygamy is not a sin and the world will be foolish to continue to divorce claiming it is allowed by GOD and then condemn polygamy. That is hypocrisy

Paul mentioned the bolded to discourage adultery. Yes, it is when a man has sex with a woman that they become one flesh. What Paul was saying is that sex should be between two married people At no time did I say polygamy is a sin. At no time did I speak in favour of divorce. I maintain that God's perfect plan for man is one man, one wife. Jesus said,"Two shall be one flesh". Two married people shall be one flesh.

God's perfect will for man is one man, one wife. Christian's who are followers of Christ should walk in God's perfect will. One man, one wife.

What you wrote in the link you shared is your personal opinion, not God's opinion.

It is wrong to encourage people to go into polygamy.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by AutoChick4U(f): 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
authority2006:

The mentality of marrying to divorce just because one of the partner is already lining up another woman or man to marry? Marry to divorce and divorce to marry again just because their law doesn't allow polygamy? Lol
Follow my line of thought pls. Love their state of mind concerning single parenthood, they don't care as long as they like u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Naija Girl Calls Out Her Friend On Twitter For Sleeping With Her Father [PICS] / My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / 17-year-old Girl Flaunts Her Two Boyfriends (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.