Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? (32696 Views)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 8:41am On Dec 06, 2021
This inlaw and wife thing will always be that way, especially when the man's family sees the wife as an outsider that came to interrupt their family.

You can't come to my house with your nose raised and with obvious lack of love for me and you expect me to be free with you. It can't happen. I will just avoid you for peace sake.

It's not about being an inlaw or not. It is more about the character and attitude of people involved. I know people that are close to their MILs than their own mums.

I have an inlaw who goes straight to the pot when she's around. We are so close that she will help herself with any food she sees. Na beg I dey beg her. cheesy. But some inlaws won't even be able to try it because of their wicked hearts.

But here, you guys expect the women to treat their inlaws like their family, when the family doesn't treat her like their daughter. If they see her as a family member, they won't try to find wrong when they visit. They would rather cover up.

This topic sef don dey tire person.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2021
ImaIma1:
This inlaw and wife thing will always be that way, especially when the man's family sees the wife as an outsider that came to interrupt their family.

You can't come to my house with your nose raised and with obvious lack of love for me and you expect me to be free with you. It can't happen. I will just avoid you for peace sake.

It's not about being an inlaw or not. It is more about the character and attitude of people involved. I know people that are close to their MILs than their own mums.

I have an inlaw who goes straight to the pot when she's around. We are so close that she will help herself with any food she sees. Na beg I dey beg her. cheesy. But some inlaws won't even be able to try it because of their wicked hearts.

But here, you guys expect the women to treat their inlaws like their family, when the family doesn't treat her like their daughter. If they see her as a family member, they won't try to find wrong when they visit. They would rather cover up.

This topic set don dey tire person.

U r deviating from the point...

Naturally, most women don't accomodate their in law well.... I'm nt talking abt the In law pokenosing into their marriage or they don't see her as family

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Mariangeles(f): 8:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Naturally, most women don't accomodate their in law well.... I'm nt talking abt the In law pokenosing into their marriage or they don't see her as family

But then, there are two sides to it.
You can't talk about one side, and expect the other side not to come up.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 8:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Deviating ke. Did you read my post at all?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:54am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

....Let's agree that naturally most women don't like accomodating their in-laws.

My question to you is how do you handle such assuming it's happening to you?

I asked because the way a man handles such a case will determine if the problem stops or continues.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by lereinter(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2021
All this na old fashion archaic issues

Which couple wants either of their parents to come stay with them now

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Let's agree that naturally most women don't like accomodating their in-laws.

My question to you is how do you handle such assuming it's happening to you?

I asked because the way a man handles such a case will determine if the problem stops or continues.

The truth is that, one just has to be the man of ur house.. Don't let ur wife mess up your family and pamper her own family.. If she can't maltreat her family, den I can't do same to mine..

Las las.. I will pay her back in her own coin... U restrict my family, I do same to her..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

But then, there are two sides to it.
You can't talk about one side, and expect the other side not to come up.

This Is a natural sumtin for some women... It didn't steer up from her in law not accomodating her or messing up her house
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2021
lereinter:

All this na old fashion archaic issues

Which couple wants either of their parents to come stay with them now

To read is a big problem for you... Now réad again and give us a sensible comment
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Beegrace: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2021
Same thing playing out with my neighbor.. you actually hit the nail on it's head..
Timekeeper:
I think there is a evil that reside in a lady once she gets married... As in, some married women are so selfish and wicked... S

Let me give these instances;

1. Their own brothers and sisters come to her husband home and there is no issue.. He/she (wife siblings) has unrestricted access to everything in the house since it's her sister's husband house.. But when the husband siblings come, they have restricted access to some things in the house.. Any attempt to go futher, the wife start bringing up attitude towards them..

2. The wife mother comes and she is free to stay as long as she wants but if the husband mother comes, the selfish wife is already asking the husband when will mama leave for her place....

3. The husband sends money to her family, no problem, the husband sends to his family, then there is need for him to be accountable for the money sent to his own parents oooo..

4. Husband sponsors wife siblings to school and all is fine.. Husband sponsors his own siblings and the wife develops hatred automatically towards the sibling bcox she thinks they are draining her husband resources..

Some married women are wicked soul in disguise. Bad enough, you wunt see these attitudes in them until they are married.

I still wonder and ask; why are some married woman so selfish and demonic in nature?
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Segkem2013(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2021
I gave money to my wife to send to our parents. She gave mine 1/3 and hers 2/3. My money ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:10am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

The truth is that, one just has to be the man of ur house.. Don't let ur wife mess up your family and pamper her own family.. If she can't maltreat her family, den I can't do same to mine..

Las las.. I will pay her back in her own coin... U restrict my family, I do same to her..
....Lol. Your approach in tackling it can work but how about bringing both your wife and your siblings together and actually find out the remote cause of the animosity?

Like I said,your approach is ok because I have used the exact means and it work but only for a short term.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by rave1043: 9:10am On Dec 06, 2021
I don comot hand for anything women

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by marsup: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Because most of them are from poor homes.

You also forgot to include that, their poor asses married into a rich family, but they will never allow their kids date from an average family.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by mightyhaze: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Thank God say my wife na spec.. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by AlphaMale666: 9:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Nobody force you Marry. Your marriage, your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 06, 2021
That can happen when the man has chosen to be weak. Some husband family members can overdo sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Trendy05(f): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2021
It's not about being married.

A stingy and self centred person will always be one.

Marriage doesn't change people's giving mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Nigerian men causing all the ills in Nigeria, yet they keep blaming women. African countries are wary of taking down their borders and uniting because of fear of Nigerian men importing their evil ways to their land, yet their problem is women. Huge iroko tree in their eyes, yet looking at the speck in the woman’s eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Mariangeles(f): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

This Is a natural sumtin for some women... It didn't steer up from her in law not accomodating her or messing up her house

Well, the truth is most women, if not all, are naturally more territorial and possessive of their space.
It becomes wicked and selfish when she cannot make the effort to accommodate her in-laws, but can her own people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by redcliff: 9:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:
I think there is a evil that reside in a lady once she gets married... As in, some married women are so selfish and wicked... S

1. Their own brothers and sisters come to her husband home and there is no issue.. He/she (wife siblings) has unrestricted access to everything in the house since it's her sister's husband house.. But when the husband siblings come, they have restricted access to some things in the house.. Any attempt to go futher, the wife start bringing up attitude towards them..

2. The wife mother comes and she is free to stay as long as she wants but if the husband mother comes, the selfish wife is already asking the husband when will mama leave for her place....

3. The husband sends money to her family, no problem, the husband sends to his family, then there is need for him to be accountable for the money sent to his own parents oooo..

4. Husband sponsors wife siblings to school and all is fine.. Husband sponsors his own siblings and the wife develops hatred automatically towards the sibling bcox she thinks they are draining her husband resources..

Some married women are wicked soul in disguise. Bad enough, you wunt see these attitudes in them until they are married.

I still wonder and ask; why are some married woman so selfish and demonic in nature?

you no even add how them dey treat househelps!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Mariangeles(f): 9:17am On Dec 06, 2021
Segkem2013:
I gave money to my wife to send to our parents. She gave mine 1/3 and hers 2/3. My money ooo.

Why you go give your wife money to send to your parents?
You no fit do am?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Prince001(m): 9:19am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

It does happen but na only mumu husband will allowed that to happen!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by PrinceOfLagos: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad only WEAK,DUMB husband will tolerate such nonsense

No be lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:
No devil entered them. It is who they are. The signs are always there. Some people are not family oriented or accommodating.

I generally have a problem with people that do not respect my space or rules, given that I have chronic OCD. That is my problem with guests. But if you give me my way, mind your business and help in your own little way to take care of the home, we have no problem.

Truth is, Nigerians are very bad guests and they don’t know. The ones from the man’s side tend to be the worst. No disrespect intended.

Always bias.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by redcliff: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

At the bolded.. Imagine the height of stupidity.... His wife family matters B4 his own family....

his family matters slightly more than his wifes family but he has to find a balance but for a man to say that, he is a foool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2021
redcliff:

you no even add how them dey treat househelps!!

Honestly some wives are wicked
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2021
Segkem2013:

You know the kind of person your wife is and you gave her that task. Why didn't you send it yourself? So that you'd come and throw her to the dogs on Nairaland for bashing?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

Well, the truth is most women, if not all, are naturally more territorial and possessive of their space.
It becomes wicked and selfish when she cannot make the effort to accommodate her in-laws, but can her own people.

Thank you Maria... This is my point exactly

@the bolded
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by joyandfaith: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

It is only stupid men that marry or being controlled by wicked women.
My principles!!!!
1.My wife earning is for herself, her children, her parents and siblings. If she wants to assist me, fine. Law of financial independence
2.My earning is for myself, my wife, my children, my parents, my siblings . If i want to assist her parents and siblings, it depend on how she and her people relate with my siblings and parents. Law of reciprocity.
3. My people have access to my personal room while her people have access to her personal room and kitchen. Law of privacy.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by redcliff: 9:23am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Honestly some wives are wicked

my mother had two househelps at a time and one time it was 3 as the first and most senior was leaving but that first one stayed with us for many many years, she became family sort of. i can never forget that woman. even up till today, she dey reap the fruit of her labor. she knows this. i need not say more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Tadeus(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Their wickedness and selfishness is what's killing dem.

Now look at it from this perspective, Maria got married to John, Maria did not want to see any of her husband siblings around her husband. Maria gave birth to beautiful 3kids. All the kids are boys. They grow up and settled down with the love of their lives. Maria cannot visit any of her son because their wives don't want her around her son's which is their husband.

Karma is b*tch grin you will reap what you sow

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Pic: Nigerian Proposed After 6 Months, Then Told Wife He Only Wedded Her 4 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.