Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? (32693 Views)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
MummyD2020:

Send more to her husband's family, why abeg?

Especially a woman that makes her own money. She should send her money to her own family if they need help.

I don't really subscribe to a husband taking up his wife's family's responsibilities, except he decided to do so on his own accord.

And in a case like the comment you quoted, it makes the husband know that she also cares about his family.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Sterope(f): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
There is less expectation from my side of the family. I don't need to jump through mental hoops to deal with issues when they act out of order and I don't have a partner looking over shoulders and all the shalayes that might come with it.

Many times, women are in charge of the house. There are too many full grown adults acting like imbeciles especially the ones that think they are older than you, lazy and too dependent. I am not about to deal with entitled bums because you are my husband's family even if you are 50 and you paid his university fees. I pay school fees for other children and I am not expecting anything in return.

It is not like some of us don't have people in my family we don't want them staying more than a couple of nights as well. On top of that list, is my dad and grandma. They like attention than I am capable of giving. The next are the children whose parents are still breathing and living. There must be a very compelling reason you will be in my house when your parents are still breathing.

Stay if you are capable of acting like an adult. Carry your own damn weight, think about the family before you eat the last price of meat have sense and we will be fine. I don't want to jump through mental hoops in my own home.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Sterope(f): 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
In a culture that mandates submission, it is expected he takes care of her family.

ImaIma1:

Especially a woman that makes her own money. She should send her money to her own family if they need help.

I don't really subscribe to a husband taking up his wife's family's responsibilities, except he decided to do so on his own accord.

And in a case like the comment you quoted, it makes the husband know that she also cares about his family.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by gawu1: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
My family doesn't give chance to such evil women penetration.
When one tried to rise her ugly head recently, she found herself on the street once again, husbandless. Even though she has three kids for my brother, that didn't stop him from throwing her out from our family. She is being going round begging for a come back but we have warned our brother that he dared not even mention her name take less of bringing her back.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
lorhema:

This is, I believe, the crux of the matter. The wife, having been treated as as outsider or unwanted guest, feels no need to care or look out for her in-laws.

Meanwhile, some in-laws believe that they have full rights in their brother's
home and disregard the iyawo's rights in her own home.

The situation the OP posted is created.
Dealing with it will require walking back to the beginning and righting the wrongs.

They don't look at both sides...just from their point of view.

We know that there are indeed some women that already come with the mindset to be against their inlaws.

However what about the countless cases of the ones where the issues are as a result of the in law's attitude, entitlement ment and lack of acceptance of their "wife".

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Sterope:
In a culture that mandates submission, it is expected he takes care of her family.

Which culture exactly? Is it submission of the wife or submission of her whole family?
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Sterope(f): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Submission of the wife. Her husband can stop her from doing so many things including taking up jobs. She is naturally expected to give up working hours for the family.

The man that expects that must be ready to bear the cost of her parents welfare as well.

ImaIma1:

Which culture exactly? Is it submission of the wife or submission of her whole family?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Sheriman(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
joyandfaith:

It is only stupid men that marry or being controlled by wicked women.
My principles!!!!
1.My wife earning is for herself, her children, her parents and siblings. If she wants to assist me, fine. Law of financial independence
2.My earning is for myself, my wife, my children, my parents, my siblings . If i want to assist her parents and siblings, it depend on how she and her people relate with my siblings and parents. Law of reciprocity.
3. My people have access to my personal room while her people have access to her personal room and kitchen. Law of privacy.
Infact, I just fall in love with you. Thank you my man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Emaprince: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Thank you for that. I’ll correct it.

I am not even being biased here, we see it everyday. Also I hope I get to understand why you guys only visit the brother working in Shell. The one that is down with a stroke and has just his wife taking care of him, you never visit those ones. Why?

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. smiley
Naturally success has many friends they say. Plus as a student, you visit the ones something will drop from. A stroke patient gets visitations too. But in this case its to check up on his health condition.

Its nothing to argue on. Wives we have here move into their hubbies home with the mindset of their inlaws being strangers to them. The only familly they know is their own direct blood.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by efficiencie(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:
I think there is a evil that reside in a lady once she gets married... As in, some married women are so selfish and wicked... S

Let me give these instances;

1. Their own brothers and sisters come to her husband home and there is no issue.. He/she (wife siblings) has unrestricted access to everything in the house since it's her sister's husband house.. But when the husband siblings come, they have restricted access to some things in the house.. Any attempt to go futher, the wife start bringing up attitude towards them..

2. The wife mother comes and she is free to stay as long as she wants but if the husband mother comes, the selfish wife is already asking the husband when will mama leave for her place....

3. The husband sends money to her family, no problem, the husband sends to his family, then there is need for him to be accountable for the money sent to his own parents oooo..

4. Husband sponsors wife siblings to school and all is fine.. Husband sponsors his own siblings and the wife develops hatred automatically towards the sibling bcox she thinks they are draining her husband resources..

Some married women are wicked soul in disguise. Bad enough, you wunt see these attitudes in them until they are married.

I still wonder and ask; why are some married woman so selfish and demonic in nature?

The man in this instances is not a husband. He is just a roommate.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2021
I noticed this too. Evil creatures
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by pocohantas(f): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
ednut1:
I noticed this too. Evil creatures

Lmao. I hope this notice is not playing out in your house gaangaan.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by OSDD(m): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
E soak
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ednut1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

i never marry na. Even for my parents time my dad sent 2 of my mums brothers abroad and helped many of them. But from his own side he no send any of them abroad, some later went on their own grin. I kuku know my self. My wife no fit try any nonsense. I take care of any relatives from my side with my money, she will do same with her own money

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Farfalla(f): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Sterope:

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by OvertheTop(m): 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

I can't even say.. I hardly go to any of my Married siblings house.... Infact it's been long I saw them, no time for anybody...

But for one, my brother's wife... She encourages my brother to spend money on her family than us.. It ended terrible for him as marriage turned sour.. My brother does as if he just won a jackpot anytime his wife family are around but for we, long thing..

Long story but we push him aside.. We don't even communicate with him again...

Forgive Him o.....He needs you Guys(his Family)

Its Wife Manipulation.....that Caused it...(He complied to get Rest of Mind)

Are They Apart now?
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
OvertheTop:

Forgive Him o.....He needs you Guys(his Family)

Its Wife Manipulation.....that Caused it...(He complied to get Rest of Mind)

Are They Apart now?
Be doing good man there.. No be only need his family, na fami lick tongue
We don't give a fvck...... We are not offended but we got notin to do together again.....

Apart since years ago... Infact na my mama dey cater for him kids... Very rubbish brother..

Over 2 or 3 years I saw him last and I don't even care.. Bro
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ezechi24(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Lol. If you see him, they did not born you well to say this to his face, because you won’t like where you’ll sleep that day, maybe week sef. grin

lol...nobody knows when their world will end.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

How did u know he commented on this post.. U dey follow the guy àbi grin
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by imagrg(m): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
Women generally are!
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
Sterope:
Submission of the wife. Her husband can stop her from doing so many things including taking up jobs. She is naturally expected to give up working hours for the family.

The man that expects that must be ready to bear the cost of her parents welfare as well.

I didn't know that submission means the woman is to submit her dreams to her husband and in turn, he has to take up her family's responsibilities.

In the first place, is she the one to take up her family's responsibilities if she doesn't have the means to do so? Or do families exchange their daughters for family support upkeep?

If she didn't get married, won't the survive? One inlaw can be bragging that he's the one feeding his wife's family.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by pocohantas(f): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
ednut1:
i never marry na. Even for my parents time my dad sent 2 of my mums brothers abroad and helped many of them. But from his own side he no send any of them abroad, some later went on their own grin. I kuku know my self. My wife no fit try any nonsense. I take care of any relatives from my side with my money, she will do same with her own money

Reverse was the case in mine to be honest. I didn’t really know my maternal people till I was in university. In fact, I was scared of my maternal grandma, I used to see her and run. However we had my paternal people living with us at various points. My mum was a very young bride and she always told me she would never allow her daughter to marry as young as she did grin. It took me being an adult to understand the level of shît my mum swallowed. I don’t hate my aunties or uncles, I think I am the closest to them on the average. They are also more mature now and there is relative peace and cordiality among all the parties involved. I was even shocked when I checked my mum’s WhatsApp and saw her exchanging numerous amebo voice notes with my most dangerous uncle.

Family drama wears me out and I would always tell mine that if he or his people try to make life unbearable for me, I will RUN. My greatest strength is the mental one, I am at my best when there is peace- so I protect it at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by pocohantas(f): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

How did u know he commented on this post.. U dey follow the guy àbi grin

When I saw his username as the last comment, I checked. He is my guy. cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Mariangeles(f): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Be doing good man there.. No be only need his family, na fami lick tongue
We don't give a fvck...... We are not offended but we got notin to do together again.....

Apart since years ago... Infact na my mama dey cater for him kids... Very rubbish brother..

Over 2 or 3 years I saw him last and I don't even care.. Bro

Has he ever tried to reach out again?
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
[quote author=Farfalla post=108263473][/quote]

cheesy

Some people don't understand the concept of submission. They think once you get married, your submit your brain, school certificate, future ambitions to your husband and become a liability to him along with your family.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by OvertheTop(m): 2:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:
No devil entered them. It is who they are. The signs are always there. Some people are not family oriented or accommodating.

I generally have a problem with people that do not respect my space or rules, given that I have chronic OCD. That is my problem with guests. But if you give me my way, mind your business and help in your own little way to take care of the home, we have no problem.

Truth is, Nigerians are very bad guests and they don’t know. The ones from the man’s side tend to be the worst. No disrespect intended.

These are the Signs The OP is Referring to....

She will have No issues Accommodating her own Siblings/Family BUT already has a Terrible Mindset of the Husband's Siblings/Family.

The Truth is that: You will be served your own POISON if you happen to have a SON married in the Future.

The Wife of Your SON will Use you to play Badminton.

No Disrespect intended.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by pocohantas(f): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
OvertheTop:

These are the Signs The OP is Referring to....

She will have No issues Accommodating her own Siblings/Family BUT already has a Terrible Mindset of the Husband's Siblings/Family.

The Truth is that: You will be served your own POISON if you happen to have a SON married in the Future.

The Wife of Your SON will Use you to play Badminton.

No Disrespect intended.

The truth is that I would be too busy enjoying retirement with my husband for your wishes to come through.

She should feel free to play badminton with her husband (my son).

No disrespect taken. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Mariangeles(f): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

But it is your sister not an in-law who treated u this way.i hope you understood the op

So, you're saying it's OK to be treated that way by a sister, but when a sister in-law does it, she's "selfish and wicked"? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Pataricatering(f): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mstick:
Hi Alpha men! when are we going to talk about cultism and drugs ravaging the present generation of Nigerian men? Haven't you seen the news of the 12 years old that was killed because he refused to join cult? When are we going to talk about the increasing crime rate amongst men?

kiss kiss
leave them o - they are still very busy with female issues..do.you know.how many vaginas they have not measured yet ? They dont have enough time to mentor young boys and discuss issues affecting them when their jobs as vagina police.is.still so hectic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Pataricatering(f): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
Arsenate:

It's literally being talked about in multiple threads on the front page at the moment and you aren't even in any to air your view.
You don't care about cultism or any of those things you listed. You are just trying to deflect from a topic that makes you uncomfortable.
how much time have you men dedicated to talking about yahoo , discouraging young men from cults , mentoring young men , policing boys ? instead you spend all.day every day harassing women , policing and measuring female vaginas etc. If u guys spent one tenth the time you use to harass women on policing young boys yahoo, rape and cultism etc will reduce.
Can you people just leave women alone ..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Myexdisturbs: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mariangeles:

So, you're saying it's OK to be treated that way by a sister, but when a sister in-law does it, she's "selfish and wicked"? cheesy
Yes that's the natural thing and no need to hide it.
We can tolerate our siblings far more than in-laws and it's normal .you know this
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by sonofthunder: 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:
No devil entered them. It is who they are. The signs are always there. Some people are not family oriented or accommodating.

I generally have a problem with people that do not respect my space or rules, given that I have chronic OCD. That is my problem with guests. But if you give me my way, mind your business and help in your own little way to take care of the home, we have no problem.

Truth is, Nigerians are very bad guests and they don’t know. The ones from the man’s side tend to be the worst. No disrespect intended.

You don't have OCD, believe me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Pic: Nigerian Proposed After 6 Months, Then Told Wife He Only Wedded Her 4 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.