Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? (32715 Views)

My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why Is It That Some Married Couples Hardly Wear Their Rings Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Mac2016(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2021
This is genetic especially for African women (of cos they are the ones I know). They are always grappling with all financial resources available for their husband so they want everyone that won't serve their interests off the list. One of the reasons why they despise polygamy even tho it is men's natural call.
Our mums, our wives and even our daughters might do this and the trend continues unhindered.
As a man, just try your best to be fair and fight all the necessary battles in your home with wisdom and never confuse softness for kindness. Most women are logically and emotionally wicked and tactical but subtle in their pursuit most times.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Lol. Your approach in tackling it can work but how about bringing both your wife and your siblings together and actually find out the remote cause of the animosity?

Like I said,your approach is ok because I have used the exact means and it work but only for a short term.

Ur approach is right but the truth is, if u call both of them.... Ur wife may have no reason.... I m telling u.... It is jsut inhibited in most ladies, they can't even explain
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Dshocker(m): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:
No devil entered them. It is who they are. The signs are always there. Some people are not family oriented or accommodating.

I generally have a problem with people that do not respect my space or rules, given that I have chronic OCD. That is my problem with guests. But if you give me my way, mind your business and help in your own little way to take care of the home, we have no problem.

Truth is, Nigerians are very bad guests and they don’t know. The ones from the man’s side tend to be the worst. No disrespect intended.

And the ones from the woman's side are saints?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Origin(f): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2021
when you consider the attitude of some families you will realize that its not because it is a side of the family, rather it is the mentality.

i grew up taking my brother's and uncle's wives as my sister and aunties.

but where a small girl or boy will be calling a grown up - my wife and will want to treat are as a slave.....

you do the maths there will always be problem....

they will never help out, eat and leave the dishes and housework for "our wife" no matter the age gap. Open your eyes and see the real problem.

Same goes to bosses who call their employees "my boy" or colleagues that say "my dear" to show superiority. You all need to calm down and know that the future no certain for anybody.

Mutual respect is key.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Zeus88(m): 9:25am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

I can't even say.. I hardly go to any of my Married siblings house.... Infact it's been long I saw them, no time for anybody...

But for one, my brother's wife... She encourages my brother to spend money on her family than us.. It ended terrible for him as marriage turned sour.. My brother does as if he just won a jackpot anytime his wife family are around but for we, long thing..

Long story but we push him aside.. We don't even communicate with him again...
way forward and best move ever, na so I push my own elder siblings aside oo.make I face my life on my own and by the grace of God
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by tradepunter: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2021
Men are the foolish ones .. take care of your family and there needs..

Whatever you send to your parents or relative is none of their bizness... That's wife's biznes.

Must you announce what you send to your parents or relatives??

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Ur approach is right but the truth is, if u call both of them.... Ur wife may have no reason.... I m telling u.... It is jsut inhibited in most ladies, they can't even explain
....True
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Tadeus(m): 9:27am On Dec 06, 2021
joyandfaith:

It is only stupid men that marry or being controlled by wicked women.
My principles!!!!
1.My wife earning is for herself, her children, her parents and siblings. If she wants to assist me, fine. Law of financial independence
2.My earning is for myself, my wife, my children, my parents, my siblings . If i want to assist her parents and siblings, it depend on how she and her people relate with my siblings and parents. Law of reciprocity.
3. My people have access to my personal room while her people have access to her personal room and kitchen. Law of privacy.

You single or married?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Buffalo2(m): 9:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Numbers 1,3 and 4 no concern me but you see that number 2 eh! I must be informed before she comes, what is she coming to do and when she go commot. any visit wey go pass 3 days, na to go hotel oo. I no even mind to add money join
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:
I think there is a evil that reside in a lady once she gets married... As in, some married women are so selfish and wicked... S

Let me give these instances;

1. Their own brothers and sisters come to her husband home and there is no issue.. He/she (wife siblings) has unrestricted access to everything in the house since it's her sister's husband house.. But when the husband siblings come, they have restricted access to some things in the house.. Any attempt to go futher, the wife start bringing up attitude towards them..

2. The wife mother comes and she is free to stay as long as she wants but if the husband mother comes, the selfish wife is already asking the husband when will mama leave for her place....

3. The husband sends money to her family, no problem, the husband sends to his family, then there is need for him to be accountable for the money sent to his own parents oooo..

4. Husband sponsors wife siblings to school and all is fine.. Husband sponsors his own siblings and the wife develops hatred automatically towards the sibling bcox she thinks they are draining her husband resources..

Some married women are wicked soul in disguise. Bad enough, you wunt see these attitudes in them until they are married.

I still wonder and ask; why are some married woman so selfish and demonic in nature?
Mehn I can relate. Some women sha. My brother I stayed with in lag immediately after my NYSC was very accommodating. I spent a year plus with them and we never had issues. Then there is this my second brother who was family oriented b4 marriage. If he nor see u for his house in a month na wahala, naso he dey buy different things for us until he got married. The girl was all nice during their dating period. Immediately after marriage naso he banned us from visiting him whereas the girl 2 brothers were living with them and she doesn't work. He even sponsor one of them to abroad twice and he was deported whereas none of his own blood dey abroad. We kukuma leave am make he dey mumu. The next thing the girl begin dey catch us witchcraft say na we make her nor born. Nobody even dey mind them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Bigchristo: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:
I think there is a evil that reside in a lady once she gets married... As in, some married women are so selfish and wicked... S

Let me give these instances;

1. Their own brothers and sisters come to her husband home and there is no issue.. He/she (wife siblings) has unrestricted access to everything in the house since it's her sister's husband house.. But when the husband siblings come, they have restricted access to some things in the house.. Any attempt to go futher, the wife start bringing up attitude towards them..

2. The wife mother comes and she is free to stay as long as she wants but if the husband mother comes, the selfish wife is already asking the husband when will mama leave for her place....

3. The husband sends money to her family, no problem, the husband sends to his family, then there is need for him to be accountable for the money sent to his own parents oooo..

4. Husband sponsors wife siblings to school and all is fine.. Husband sponsors his own siblings and the wife develops hatred automatically towards the sibling bcox she thinks they are draining her husband resources..

Some married women are wicked soul in disguise. Bad enough, you wunt see these attitudes in them until they are married.

I still wonder and ask; why are some married woman so selfish and demonic in nature?
Its a very simple case to handle as a man of the house when she debate of your siblings not coming for a visit then place banned on both her siblings and your own siblings, if she said your mom will stay for few days let that few days also be applicable to her mom when she visits, there will be peace when you pass such a resolution in the house

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Selfishness is the nature of women that is why they manipulate men at will and if they meet a 'soji' (wise and smart) men, there is always trouble that is when you irreconcilable differences.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Buffalo2(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2021
joyandfaith:

It is only stupid men that marry or being controlled by wicked women.
My principles!!!!
1.My wife earning is for herself, her children, her parents and siblings. If she wants to assist me, fine. Law of financial independence
2.My earning is for myself, my wife, my children, my parents, my siblings . If i want to assist her parents and siblings, it depend on how she and her people relate with my siblings and parents. Law of reciprocity.
3. My people have access to my personal room while her people have access to her personal room and kitchen. Law of privacy.
It's as simple as that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Kingcalls: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Iyaebe:
kikikiki you don't like truth abi?Well,I already know my future husband's people will not like me so I'm prepared and patiently waiting. As for me I'll always be alert so that I will not be caught unawares

Shey u talk say u de 60... u are a kolombian
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by ImaIma1(f): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Lol. Your approach in tackling it can work but how about bringing both your wife and your siblings together and actually find out the remote cause of the animosity?

Like I said,your approach is ok because I have used the exact means and it work but only for a short term.

I wish the bolded could work. If each person can let go of their preconceived notions or judgement and live peacefully.

People fail to see the part where the wife is treated like an outsider but they expect her to treat them like family. It should come from both sides.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by dominique(f): 9:35am On Dec 06, 2021
If your brother the so-called head of the family cannot manage his home and resources, then he's not fit to be head of the family. Na figurehead be that. In most cases your brother just doesn't want to help but you find it convenient to blame the wife. I don't think any woman can effectively prevent her husband from helping his family, does she have access to his account? He doesn't want to give you period! And as for the part of not allowing eat whatever you like in the house, don't be surprised if it's the woman is the one buying all or most of the food in the house with her own money. You people will go and want to eat what you wouldn't eat in your houses as per I dey my brother's house. Why won't she lock up the groceries, do you know their budget for the month? Most men's relatives have this inbuilt entitlement mentality that makes them expect to be treated like royalty by the wives. Anything short of that, they start wailing like this op.

The same sets of people that will be bragging that wives are not a part of their family will now be expecting same wives to give them royal treatment, no be juju be that ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:35am On Dec 06, 2021
Iyaebe:
kikikiki you don't like truth abi?Well,I already know my future husband's people will not like me so I'm prepared and patiently waiting. As for me I'll always be alert so that I will not be caught unawares

For a man that you did not even build ohh? You now want to come and form boss for the parents that made him who he is?

You will probably marry a low Iq husband with zero reasoning capacity so no surprise there
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Timekeeper: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2021
Origin:
when you consider the attitude of some families you will realize that its not because it is a side of the family, rather it is the mentality.

i grew up taking my brother's and uncle's wives as my sister and aunties.

but where a small girl or boy will be calling a grown up - my wife and will want to treat are as a slave.....

you do the maths there will always be problem....

they will never help out, eat and leave the dishes and housework for "our wife" no matter the age gap. Open your eyes and see the real problem.

Same goes to bosses who call their employees "my boy" or colleagues that say "my dear" to show superiority. You all need to calm down and know that the future no certain for anybody.

Mutual respect is key.

I still maintain, there is an evil Dt reside in some married women....... *Some*

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by tradepunter: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2021
ImaIma1:
This inlaw and wife thing will always be that way, especially when the man's family sees the wife as an outsider that came to interrupt their family.

You can't come to my house with your nose raised and with obvious lack of love for me and you expect me to be free with you. It can't happen. I will just avoid you for peace sake.

It's not about being an inlaw or not. It is more about the character and attitude of people involved. I know people that are close to their MILs than their own mums.

I have an inlaw who goes straight to the pot when she's around. We are so close that she will help herself with any food she sees. Na beg I dey beg her. cheesy. But some inlaws won't even be able to try it because of their wicked hearts.

But here, you guys expect the women to treat their inlaws like their family, when the family doesn't treat her like their daughter. If they see her as a family member, they won't try to find wrong when they visit. They would rather cover up.

This topic set don dey tire person.

With all due respect that's a senseless assertion.... Why would a family see their son getting married as someone interrupting their family

The bar just keeps getting low with the way most of your niaja ladies speak...

Blood is thicker than water.... You have a life time to build with your partner to raise kids in the same format.

Respect his family like you respect yours... No stupid woman will make me turn my back at my family when they need my help...

Just the way I won't want my kids to turn there backs at each other when any is in need of help...

I will take care of my wife and kids along with my family.... If she nu like am, she can fk off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by LINTUNE(m): 9:37am On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

Because contrary to popular opinion, men are not smart. They DO NOT have sense.

smiley smiley
madam whats your problem with men,this is really getting out of hand..I just hope u are just catching cruise here,that you are not like this offline...for FS even if a man says something is white,which u can clearly see it's whites,u will still object, simply cos it's coming from a man... I understand the feminist point of view ,but common your own is too much..even Linda ikeji and other popular feminists don't despise men this way..pukes!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by okine4real: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2021
Na Simps full everywhere now. Me I dey for my family Wella. The ony people when dey chop my money more, na my wife and children. My wife family, them go try to collect money from me, I just bought a car for my younger bro last month make him take dey do Bolt, the car na more than 2.5M, but my wife sister ask for help, na beg beg my wife beg me, na bank me and her dey so as I dey type, the sister dey beg for 50k, I dey send am now but the money done go Sha because refund is not coming back. My wife self they tell me say her sister say I go wicked well well ohh, that won call me last week say her phone screen break make I help am fix am, I confirm the price the screen and workmanship na 13500, I tell her say I nor get, she beg me for two days before I answer her. The truth is nor be say me self know get my own simpism too ohh, eg my mama and wife na cat and dog, confirm cat and dog, so watin I do be say mama stay your own for another place my wife stay with me for my house, but I dey settle my mama monthly to take chop. My brother dey my house now, the guy dey chop my food ehh, my wife done bring am come my table say my brother dey finish all the good when dey house ohh, truly the guy dey chop like lion, but na my brother, when me and him dey drink garri, my wife nor dey there, so anytime she talk am, I go say I done hear.
As a man your extended first before your wife family because your wife would not choose your extended family over hers, the only person your wife would choose over her entended family is her husband.

Me I done master the game well well because I marry inside family house where my younger sister and my mama dey, the funny thing was my younger sister self senior my wife, so them trouble her Wella, finding myself in this situation made me smart in terms of dealing with my wife, her family and my extended family.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by SmartPolician: 9:39am On Dec 06, 2021
Mstick:
Hi Alpha men! when are we going to talk about cultism and drugs ravaging the present generation of Nigerian men? Haven't you seen the news of the 12 years old that was killed because he refused to join cult? When are we going to talk about the increasing crime rate amongst men?

kiss kiss
Create a thread for it.
Don't come to someone else's thread and start wailing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by MummyD2020(f): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

You are missing the fact that if you go to your sister’s house and she tells you she is tired to cook, you will go into the kitchen and cook for her sef.

If you go to your brother’s house and his wife tells you the same thing, you will enter night bus direct to Enugu. Once you get to Enugu, you'll call the whole umunna. They need to know the Owerri woman your brother married is starving him. Lil wonder his head is now bigger than his body.

Only 0.002% would act differently.

The world will be a better place with balance. You are so right.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by joyandfaith: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Tadeus:

You single or married?
Married. 2 kids.
Working for me.
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Ubanz: 9:42am On Dec 06, 2021
Mstick:
Hi Alpha men! when are we going to talk about cultism and drugs ravaging the present generation of Nigerian men? Haven't you seen the news of the 12 years old that was killed because he refused to join cult? When are we going to talk about the increasing crime rate amongst men?

kiss kiss
'Increasing crime rate among men and women'
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by sapientia(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2021
Happens mostly in scarce resources

Especially when the husband of the house is not the head
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by theamazonguru(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2021
This is why marriage is not meant for boys but for men.
Boys can't make up their mind.
They don't even have a mind of their own.
Hence In marriage they are pushed around anyhow.

I made it known to my wife from day one,you can't hate my people and expect me to love you oh?
I am not saying I am going to be too attached to my people but all I need from you is the same treatment you will give your people, give same to my people.

My people are as free as yours in my own house.
Don't push my siblings around anyhow or maltreat them, let mutual respect be the order of the day.
I told my siblings the same thing.

Hence, madam knew that anything contrary to to this riot act na war.

I can tell you for free that for the past 11 years of our marriage my wife has never had any confrontation: fracas,argument, challenge, fight, shouts etc with my folks.
Anytime there is a brewing issue, she would rather talk to me first so I can address the brewing wahala.

If my wife buys anything for her mum, she buys for mine too.
Same for her dad and mine.

She even reminds me to send money to my folks.
Lol. As if I need to be reminded to do my duty.
Me wey as I dey collect my salary I don send cash to popsy, send mumsy own to my brother who will help her withdraw it.
Hahaha.

What am I saying, na the man I go blame not the wife.
If you want to enjoy your husband house, be good to the family. Don't treat them like shit.

And the man should not be doing like mumu wey dem dey remote control for him own house.

Tueeeeeeeeeh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:44am On Dec 06, 2021
Tallesty1:
Way to go.

Nah men dey allow that rubbish. I remember sitting down with my two brothers, younger one and immediate elder one that just got married. We were to discuss a family project but oga said that it's got nothing to do with him because he's a married man now and his family and the wife's family come first.

We shock.

But I and my younger one played him two aside in everything. It was like he stopped to exist.

Last last when the pepper in his wife ripped, no be person tell am to find us.

my immediate elder bro was like that too but to me he doesn't exist, I still even respond to him than my two other siblings

we are all guys in the house but na him wife family he carry for head, anyway I no send him
Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by MummyD2020(f): 9:44am On Dec 06, 2021
Tallesty1:
Way to go.

Nah men dey allow that rubbish. I remember sitting down with my two brothers, younger one and immediate elder one that just got married. We were to discuss a family project but oga said that it's got nothing to do with him because he's a married man now and his family and the wife's family come first.

We shock.

But I and my younger one played him two aside in everything. It was like he stopped to exist.

Last last when the pepper in his wife ripped, no be person tell am to find us.

Wife's family kee? His immediate family should be the koko. Even after that, the fact that hes married doesn't stop him from been the eldest.. some men

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by sapientia(m): 9:45am On Dec 06, 2021
pocohantas:

You are missing the fact that if you go to your sister’s house and she tells you she is tired to cook, you will go into the kitchen and cook for her sef.

If you go to your brother’s house and his wife tells you the same thing, you will enter night bus direct to Enugu. Once you get to Enugu, you'll call the whole umunna. They need to know the Owerri woman your brother married is starving him. Lil wonder his head is now bigger than his body.

Only 0.002% would act differently.

Re: Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Timekeeper:

Man's side? Probably yes bcox they aren't really familiar wth the woman unlike the wife siblings Dt knows her in & out...

But ladies shud accomodate their in laws
People especially from the husband's side feel because they are in their brother's house then they can do anything and behave anyhow without respecting boundaries. Imagine someone coming to his/her brother's house who is married, they will eat and not wash their plates, they won't help with house chores, they play music so loud disturbing neighbors, all this just because they are in their brother's house.

And the husband won't be able to caution them because they are his siblings, How do you want a wife to be comfortable with this kind of people? It is easy for women to caution their own siblings when they misbehave but men always try to play family politics.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Twins Born In Spain Joined Hands After Birth / Lady Shares The Heartwarming Note Her Husband Left Her Before Leaving For Work. / "When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.