Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? (10717 Views)

Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by denex: 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2007
I think it's safe. As long as you're not a man too.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by cuteass1(f): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2007
MILITIA:

@Topic!!!

Of course!!! All the time!!! At least 3 times a day!!! That might be your last chance!!!! kiss

Do i love this post or what?? You're damn right wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2007
@DENEX

LOL  cheesy

SO DO You THINK GAYS DON SAY "I LOVE You" to each other
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by MikelX(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2007
cute-ass:

Regrets ke?? None at all!!

Why would there be any regrets if the person you're telling it to isnt an immature brat?? In that case i'll rather appreciate telling him and seeing his jerky side and moving on than not.

I'll tell my boyfreind/spouse that "i love him" wherever, whenever and however i damn please (comm'on, i trust this guy with my being, love him, know he does the same, why the pretence?? If i'm not "me" with him, who else will i be myself with?) . . and i expect him to be the gentleman i fell in love with and appreciate it, respect it and reciprocate it.

And no, i don't believe a guy has to be the first to say the words either . . i go with my feelings, BTW when i'm mad at him, i won't be saying the words wink

(these are just my principles, now everybody has theirs) cheesy

That's jus what every man wants. Men want to be appreciated and pampered. Ur guy's lucky sha
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by babadee(m): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2007
i love nairaland!!!!!!!!
its sure safe as long as the person deserves it.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by denex: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
@LexyHearts

that's when I consider it unsafe.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Caradona(f): 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2007
@ Topic
I love you ko, I love you ni.
It is not safe to tell a Guy, You love him especially in my case. Don't even try it ooh.
I once told a guy, I love him and his Buddies started using words like " a Ho named Desire " shocked or a Dick runs through it shocked
oh i hate those Guys, the immature fools angry
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by cuteass1(f): 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2007
Mikel X:

That's jus what every man wants. Men want to be appreciated and pampered. your guy's lucky sha

Wow, i'm flattered!! I guess most girls are scared of having their love thrown in their faces hence their reluctance to say it even when they're dying to.
Thanks for the compliment sha, and if you're a gentleman, and know how to treat your girl, i wish you the best girl wink

Caradona:

@ Topic
I love you ko, I love you ni.
It is not safe to tell a Guy, You love him especially in my case. Don't even try it ooh.
I once told a guy, I love him and his Buddies started using words like " a Ho named Desire " shocked or a Dick runs through it shocked
oh i hate those Guys, the immature fools angry

Girl, that you unfortunately got together with a nuissance for boyfriend doesnt mean they're all like that, believe me.

And please do not visit your next candidate with the sins of your first, the next person might actually be worth it. You just mixed up with the wrong person, but hey, your best luck might be round the corner wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2007
@denex

okay,i didn't get it correct at first
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by olay(m): 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
[color=#990000]Well my opinion is YES cos each time my ex girl friend tells me she loves me i go crazy and i think there a special person that really do craes bout my living [/color]
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by angel101(f): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2007
I only say it if its true
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by software(m): 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
Its not really really safe to tell anyone i LOVE U(Both parties here pls)

One should only hope for the right person, But as soon u r sure of the Man without any doubt in your mind,, WHY NOT? Go AHEAD AND EXPRESS YOURSELF
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by ujuslims(f): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2007
it's better to truly love and get hurt than not loving at all. so they say, abi.
Sha you have to brace yurself 4 whatever reaction you get, those words have a way of
freaking even Arnold Schwazzneger out!
but hey! what the heck, say it jare!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2007
Itz only safe if yu knw he luvs yu back.bt yu cud alwayz take dat risk.we r all humanz.watz dere to lose?i tell ma man i love him almost errday.in different wayz of cos.i knw he totally luvz it.jst a form of reassurance, so, wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Esss(m): 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2007
LOVE?? My ex-girlfriend broke up with me simply because she said I havr never told her that I loved her.

I do not believe in that stuff. The damn thing does not even have a meaning. So I say it is not safe to tell nobody that you love them.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 29, 2007
thats fine girl, but i don't get emotional,but i do get emotional when my girl says "i love u".My head begis to bump like the heart of an athelete, be coool say those words,
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by oge4real(f): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2007
I do not mind telling a guy that I love him,but I will be cautious to guess what his reaction will be before making such a declaration.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by spaceworld: 12:31am On Jul 29, 2007
It is not a crime to say it, in as much u have prepared ur mind for either of the answer, but sat it to someone that have head, not the AGBERO TYPE IN SUITE AND TROUSER OK!!!!!!!,

IT is a free world, express your feeling. Not too common in our culture, but the ones that have their head straight will read ur true feelings, but no in a CARICATURE WAY SHA OOOOOO
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by suze(f): 1:47am On Jul 29, 2007
its only safe,if u know the guy loves you and he shows it.Even if he has not said it.If he doesn't show his love for you and you tell him you love, he's gonna take u 4 granted ; wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by ikamefa(f): 1:51am On Jul 29, 2007
suze:

its only safe,if u know the guy loves you and he shows it.Even if he has not said it.If he doesn't show his love for you and you tell him you love, he's going to take u 4 granted ; wink

word!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by chiegemba(f): 2:37am On Jul 29, 2007
@topic; i sure do know dat d sentence "I Love U" shouldnt b taken 4 granted although a lot of people say it without knowin wat it really means. But definitely personally wont tell a guy i love him under a couple of hrs/ days.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by honeric01(m): 2:41am On Jul 29, 2007
waiting for a girl to say that to me kiss
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by SirJohn(m): 3:53am On Jul 29, 2007
'
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 4:04am On Jul 29, 2007
Wow, everyone has such interesting views on this (I knew I could trust Nairaland users to be real), But what if the girl who is saying this has never said it to anyone else? What if she has tried her best not to feel this but it is just too overwhelming and scary? What if she has not even slept with the man? what if she has not even asked or accepted a thing from him? and the man on the other hand shows love w/o saying the words, as Suze had pointed out (thanks girl wink)

You see people, The word "love" has been used out of context in so many ways. Mistaken for lust. So much so that when a man has experienced hurt in the past, he won't even be able to recognize true love when it does come. This is a food for the thoughts of those who are interested. Stayed tuned for part 2 of this post.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by SirJohn(m): 4:13am On Jul 29, 2007
I'll tell you the truth, I'll feel disappointed if a girl I've been dying to tell these words to does that before me. It'll reduce my craze
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 4:16am On Jul 29, 2007
@ Sir John

Oh really? that's interesting. Why is that? Just curious, smiley
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 29, 2007
If am very sure that i love him cos sometimes it might be just infatuation but ill wait for him to say it first o so his head wont swell too much, grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by MP007(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2007
u dont want a gurl tellin u she loves u just after 3 days of meeting , ladies love to take their time and guys love to wait, word!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by ruemu(m): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Poster u mean for the first time

What if he say it first and she say, ooh really, but i have someone/ or am scareddd, How will he feel??
What if she says it and He say, ooh really, prove it, what will she do grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by base99: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2007
GIRLS JUST LIKE TO DEY HEAR DAT WORD.
A MAN TELLS HIS CHICK I LOVE YOU AND THE NEXT MINUTE HE IS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ,
FORGET ABOUT THIS LOVE THING PEOPLE JUST DEY CARRY AM 4 HEAD.
JUST STAY TRUE,TO UR MAN/WOMAN --SEND DAT ONE FLOWERS,SMS, CHOCOLATES, CAKES,
CARDS (INCLUDING RECHARGE CARDS grin grin ).
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by betos(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2007
my dear, those words coming from the one you love, is the greatest kick a man can get, i never fail to tell my fiancee how much i love her and that she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The result: i;m so well loved,what you give is what you get.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by kingkams(m): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2007
If my girl doesnt tell me she loves me, then who the hell is she going to say it to?

Damn, you gotta say it anytime you got the chance.

I LOVE YOU,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am In Love With Misspicy / White Lady Gets Beat Up Mercilessly For Calling A Black Lady Nigga / Guys Which Of These Big Ass Transformation Do You Think Is Fake (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.