Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? (10704 Views)

Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2007
Question: Is it safe to tell a man this? and Men, would you appreciate hearing this or does this simply turn you off?

Ladies, please feel free to comment on your experiences, having said these words to a man. Are there any regrets you wish to share with the house?

Agape
!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by donjohano(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2007
you mean three word sentence. And it doesnt turn me off at all. Why, today a girl told me that and she's not even my wife! And, no, I haven't done a thing with her.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by cuteass1(f): 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2007
Regrets ke?? None at all!!

Why would there be any regrets if the person you're telling it to isnt an immature brat?? In that case i'll rather appreciate telling him and seeing his jerky side and moving on than not.

I'll tell my boyfreind/spouse that "i love him" wherever, whenever and however i damn please (comm'on, i trust this guy with my being, love him, know he does the same, why the pretence?? If i'm not "me" with him, who else will i be myself with?) . . and i expect him to be the gentleman i fell in love with and appreciate it, respect it and reciprocate it.

And no, i don't believe a guy has to be the first to say the words either . . i go with my feelings, BTW when i'm mad at him, i won't be saying the words wink

(these are just my principles, now everybody has theirs) cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by CrazyMan(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2007
It simply won't turn me off if a girl tells me she loves me.
It's ok for a girl to expres herself before a man. we're all humas we have emotions, we have feelings.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2007
Thanks for picking that up Donjohano, My goodness! I fixed it. wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by doyin13(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2007
Depends on the timing.

If a girl tells me she loves me after just two days of meeting, my legs won't be able to run fast enuff.

Would I mind her telling me first?

No. As long as I was the one that coaxed her wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by OmoEko1(f): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2007
I don't regret telling the man I fall in love with how much "I LOVE HIM".

Just curious oh if you don't love someone why in the world will you use the three letter words .

I know some females regret tell your men those three letter words, becos most home seem to take advantage of that.

When thing have learnt in life is never tell a man how much u love and care about him until u are very sure that he truely feels the same way you do.

"I love u" lmfao "do you love me" plz ladies never ask a guy that type of question
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by DrFerlie(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2007
I love OMO EKO cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by donjohano(m): 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2007
we all do - form an orderly queue
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by doyin13(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2007
abeg i no fit love someone if i no see their face

@omoeko

na shoe we go chop
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by OmoEko1(f): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2007
@Dr ferlie

Thank you oh kiss but is this ferlie dad

@doyin13

Did I send u to look at my profile grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by DevDel(m): 11:50pm On Jul 27, 2007
Omo Eko, I wanted to see what you look like and I saw Shoe, did I see you right? grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by DrFerlie(m): 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2007
DevDel:

Omo Eko, I wanted to see what you look like and I saw Shoe, did I see you right? grin

that's her shoe size 46 grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by OmoEko1(f): 12:03am On Jul 28, 2007
@Devdel

Well I look just like my shoe cheesy cheesy

@dr ferlie
You dey craze grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by DrFerlie(m): 12:05am On Jul 28, 2007
Omo Eko:

@Devdel

Well I look just like my shoe cheesy cheesy

@dr ferlie
You dey craze grin grin

so everything about you is big lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by OmoEko1(f): 12:44am On Jul 28, 2007
@ dr ferlie
Eya how many times will I tell you say you don kolo grin grin. If the statement u made was right I would have defended myself but since it isn't true, I will sit here and exchage words with your crazy ass grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Mustay(m): 2:24am On Jul 28, 2007
just tell me and wait 4 my response
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by tundewoods(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2007
Girlfriend,
from my experience i rather advice you to take it easy cos love don't exist at first sight,you may be feeling something initially but i guess it may be real and grow over time but its not certainly love.

Save the I love you for later but show him that you appreciate him Ok.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by chatykrew(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2007
Hi all
@ Godgirl
u do well to start this thread and my opinion is same as that of  tundewoods .
an the last gal to me said it but in this format "I MISs U" (not that we haven't seen for ages sort of" and to me it was "I LOVE U" and whenever a lady jst says it, to me its porous and empty.
moreover, with my little experience grin wink i am skeptical of those 3 words especially from rxtships when one is made asssistant boyfriend -finance,education etc.
well as a sister puts it - "NA MY OPINION OH and am ok with it[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by efuah(f): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2007
@topic
it's true some guys take advantage of that and behaves lyk u can't leave without him.
that makes it frustrating, as if he's ur breath n you gonnu die without him.

but dearie, if u truly, sincerely and purely feels it for the one who is worth it,
tell him in the morning, afternoon and evening wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by jmichael90: 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2007
May God safe us from this "I Love You" .if i am from india for example and girl pronouced it from her mouth that she loves me i will grab it  and feel it grin,but Nigeria i have to investigate the words very well because it may hinge on something ,money or performance at some period of time.It is good for a girl to say I Love You to his Man if she really mean it smiley
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by warfarian(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2007
i dont tink its wrong for woman for tell a man I LOVE U, i blive she even makes it easier for him, maybe he himself finds it difficult to tell her how he feels, n b4 thn d lady breaks in n tell in him I LOVE U, some men will say the woman is a slut, for me i will CHERISH HER, and ADORE her soo much, n respect her for her genuity, but sometimes man got to b very careful whom he falls in lov with, lol
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by danielsey(m): 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2007
i will like to know you daniel
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2007
My dear people: Is it quite normal for the title on a thread to change?, I admit I made an error on the first title but I did change it to "I Love You", only to find the entire topic change to "Is it safe to tell a man "I Love You" mmmm, Something extremely fishy is going on here,

Well, I guess nothing much changed from the title, But is this a normal occurance on Nairaland? Just wondering for the future,
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by johnnygan(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2007
I LOVE to hear "i LOVE you" all the time. I appreciate it
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by cuteass1(f): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2007
Godsgirl:

My dear people: Is it quite normal for the title on a thread to change?, I admit I made an error on the first title but I did change it to "I Love You", only to find the entire topic change to "Is it safe to tell a man "I Love You" mmmm, Something extremely fishy is going on here,

Well, I guess nothing much changed from the title, But is this a normal occurance on Nairaland? Just wondering for the future,

Yea if the moderator finds the topic/title, username, word, post inappropriate or unsuitable, he goes in and changes it.

And yes, u just have to get used to it. Guess he does it to lessen misunderstandings, and probably make it more defining wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2007
Oh, Thanks girl, Thats nice to know. No prob.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by metoyou(f): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
PERSONALLY I THINK IF YOU REALLY LOVE SOME ONE, AND ITS NOT LUST YOUR FEELING THEN THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PROCLAIMING YOUR LOVE FOR THEM. HOWEVER LADIES WE HAVE TO BARE IN MIND THAT MEN DO NOT ACKNKNOWLEDG THE MISUSE OF THE WORD "LOVE". USING IT TOO MUCH CAN EITHER MAKE YOU SEEM UNSERIOUS OR IT MAY EVEN MAKE YOU SEEM OBSESSIVE AND CHASE DEM AWAY BUT NO MATTER HOW MUCH MEN LIKE TO FRONT THAT THEY DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT, NA LIE!!! THEY DO BUT NOT EXCESIVELY. ONLY WHEN ITS NEED , AT THE RIGHT TIME AND AT THE RIGHT MOMENT!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by cuteass1(f): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2007
Godsgirl:

Oh, Thanks girl, Thats nice to know. No prob.

U welcome girlfriend, welcome to the forum and hope u have a blast.

Have a splendid weekend, take care!!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2007
you too babe!

Agape! cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2007
why not

its better to say it out than to keep it in ur heart.u can hv heart attack.so u can say it to relieve urself.n-way anyone tells her/his partners that ey love em.its a must to say it to ur lover. cheesy
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by MILITIA(f): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
@Topic!!!

Of course!!! All the time!!! At least 3 times a day!!! That might be your last chance!!!! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Signs To Know If A Girl Is Interested In You / Can You Wear This To Church??? See How This Lady Dressed Up / Only Legends...House Wife And Olosho Girlfriends Will Understand This Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.