Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? (10713 Views)

Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by meta4(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2007
hello house,
well, concerning the topic, i think its no problem at all. only if its not at love at first sight cos you might just be carried away by what you see. but when its in the level of friends, you do see around or even work together, there's no problem about that. come on people before that can grow in a lady's heart, she must mean it. so go on ladys, say it and free your emotions, throw the weight out.
this is what i saw on one t-shirt and its true,
take the leap of faith, love exist.
say it today and don't be amazed if you hear that in return and a "too" at the end.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by olay(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2007
@lexyheart
Well i shouldn't be worried over shady i should be worried bout taking care of you for my friend LOL shady is in gud hands here but i dont know bout urs LOL i think u are too grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Njoy1(f): 1:27am On Aug 05, 2007
Go with your feelings, he may never know how you feel till you tell him.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by meta4(m): 2:09am On Aug 05, 2007
hi N-joy,
thank you for confirming with me on this topic. i believe it express it who knows and most time,it comes out true
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2007
The saddest thing to see is a man that has been hurt so many times by women. By the time a good woman comes around, he is an empty shell that will surely crack if you touch him. I pity the woman that finds such a man-This man has given up on finding "true love and will settle for anything (My heart goes out to all the good/heartbroken men. May you find peace from God that has plenty and may He provide the missing rib that rightfully belongs to you.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2007
Agape!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by seuniyanda: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2007
Godsgirl, that was a nice one you said, but do you think every guy who got heartbroken is all out to avenge, that's immature, the person can only wait for sometime before next move, but it doesn't matter, some people can't bear it and will need someone around who eventually will be their price won, think about that
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by meta4(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2007
hi seun,
thank you for your nice reply to Godsgirl's response, i stand with you not all guys are immature and are out there to avenge their past. men are lovers and go ones for that matter. they only need someone they can rely on and trust to protect their so-to-speak brokenheart.
i think ladies should spend time to understand guys other than expecting guys to always understand them.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by GLORY20071(f): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2007
i heard that word from my love for the first time on my birthday and that for me was the best gift for my day. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by meta4(m): 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2007
hi glory,
thats so nice to hear. i can imagine how you felt that day. but the question is would yousay the word to a guy first?
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by software(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2007
meta4:

hi glory,
thats so nice to hear. i can imagine how you felt that day. but the question is would yousay the word to a guy first?

Ya thats the koko
I know many girls wount tell a man dat cos they feel he would take them for granted
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by DrDre1(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2007
Yea, a lady can say that to a guy if she really means it smiley
It's safe because at least you made your position clear to the guy.
If the guy should start acting funny or trying to take you for granted, then I guess he is not worth your love wink
If a lady tells me that, she would win my respect because of her boldness, then, things might just fall in place grin
So ladies, please feel free to tell the people you love what you feel. free your heart instead of dying in silence
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by uyai(f): 12:17am On Aug 06, 2007
it depends on the type of realtionship u think you're in

U can tell a guy u love him and the next day his phone is out of service beacuse ur now going where he did not bargain for.

on the other hand, it can also make a relationship sweeter cus he's now secure in ur love to express his.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 3:11am On Aug 06, 2007
Attn seuniyanda:  What part of my post implied that hurt men were out to avenge their past?
Attn Meta4: What part of Seuniyanda's post made you think that when he said "immature", he was reffering to men? Please read his post again and see that Seuniyanda's comment of "immature" was towards my post, Not men.

It is quite unfortuanate that misquotations such as this take place frequently in Naira land-There is a possibility that one may be in such a hurry to get their point across that they might not even read a post in its context and entirety.

I ask myself why I keep coming back to Naira Land. It takes too much time to write a post as it comes to your heart, only to have to explain every single thing again to make things simple. It is time consuming-But I will try "again" to get my point across. I hope it works this time.

1. That post was an attempt to reach out to men that were hurt. (In order words, I was saying that it may be hard and discouraging for them to try to love again.)

2. I said I pity the woman that finds this man (this is because she has to be the one to convince the man that she will not hurt him as the others did. Also, this woman will have to peservere in order to finally gain his trust.)

3. Chances are, this man will give up in finding "true love" because of so much hurt in the past-(In order words, he may ask, "Can I trust that she will not hurt me too, like the others did?)

4. Chances are, Because of all the hurt, he may settle for less in the future (because he may not believe that he is worth better)

I sure hope this has clarified the original post. I am not quite sure how that post could have been misinterpreted. This is the best that I can do to explain, I am tired embarassed
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by johnnygan(m): 8:53am On Aug 06, 2007
@ lexyheart
Shady is always taken care of. No need to worry
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by sylvao2000(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
YEAH VERY SAFE WHAT IS THERE TO TELL A MAN I LOVE YOU OR DONT YOU LOVE YOUR MAN? IF YOU DONT NO NEED TO SAY IT BUT IF YOU DO ALWAYS SAY IT OK. IT MAKE WE GUYS FEEL ON TOP OF THE WORLD. HEY GIRL COME ON TELL ME YOU LOVE ME AND MAKE ME GROW WIED HAHAHAHAHA JUST JOKING DONT TELL ME OOH OR I WILL THINK YOU ARE FALLING FOR ME
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by nathalie(f): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
i think that if the"I LOVE YOU" is no joking matter. for someone to say i love you he or she must have some kind of feeling to go with it.you can't wake up oneday and tell someone that you love him or her.
but i think it is good to express your feelings even if the person that you are telling you love doesn't appreciate you and your love.
if you don't love someone better not decieve the person by saying that you love him or her while you know very well that you are just using the person.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by olay(m): 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
Am saying hello to all ladies in da room smiley i dont care may be u black, multicoloured,green or white al i just need is a lady to treat me right like lexy heart has done to my friend Johnnygan shady grin cos am really getin jealous already
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by seun001(m): 7:46am On Aug 07, 2007
"THERE IS MORE HUNGER IN THE WORLD FOR LOVE AND APPRECIATION THAN FOR BREAD", MOTHER THERESA
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by swiftycool(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ Topic
IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE
I got a text from a girl last night who had been a casual friend of mine confessing that she had fallen in love with me since three months ago when we first met and just had to let it out now. i was shocked! it was just  then i remembered this thread again. The problem now is ill be leaving the country next in 2 weeks  for school  in UK and wont come back to nAIJA for a long time. this she doesnt know yet
Though i realised i seemed to have mutual feelings i couldnt admit it anymore, cos ill be building emmotions and heartful burdens when i leave
so i decided not to make her know my heart, because i dont see it working due to distance. i want to go start my life anew

Now i understand why some guys may not be able to reply those words in  the affirmitive. Do u think i did wrong?
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by seun001(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2007
swiftycool:

@ Topic
IT MIGHT NOT BE SAFE
I got a text from a girl last night who had been a casual friend of mine confessing that she had fallen in love with me since three months ago when we first met and just had to let it out now. i was shocked! it was just then i remembered this thread again. The problem now is ill be leaving the country next in 2 weeks for school in UK and wont come back to nAIJA for a long time. this she doesnt know yet
Though i realised i seemed to have mutual feelings i couldnt admit it anymore, because ill be building emmotions and heartful burdens when i leave
so i decided not to make her know my heart, because i don't see it working due to distance. i want to go start my life anew

Now i understand why some guys may not be able to reply those words in the affirmitive. Do u think i did wrong?

ummmm!!
y do i get the feeling this girl is trying to play u.think she somehow got to know u will be travelling soon and decided to play a trump card.
though there aint enuf background info but methinks a girl making that kind of a move is both dangerous and calculated. u better be careful b4 u waka enta pit.just like u said keep things easy and no strings attached,in fact no network connection too.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by swiftycool(m): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ Seun001
im verry positive of the fact that she is not in the know about my leaving
and besides does it make sense to claim u are in love with a guy just because he's about to leave the country
i mean do girls do that?
Because nothing can make me change my mind , cos my fees are paid up, tickets booked and all dat
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2007
@OLAY

LOL

I WILL GIVE U MY YOUNG SISTER IF U WANT wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ JOHNYGAN

IF U SAY SO wink.I WON'T WORRY
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 2:41am On Aug 08, 2007
@ Swiftycool

Positive: If this is "love," the fact that you will be away should not change how you feel about each other (that is of course if she really does "love" you). If this is love, she will move on with her life the best she can-always loving you, despite any relationship she gets in (till you come home).  cry

Uncertainty: Be aware that three months might be too soon. This poses a threat if what she really felt from the begining was merely, "a crush."

Negative: If it was a "crush," it would be a good idea that she never found out where you were going incase those false feelings be reinforced by the fact that you are traveling abroad. If her feelings was indeed a "crush," she may turn into a golddigger.

My advice to you is this:
Do not respond to this even though you think you love her. Go ahead with your plans and leave. If you find yourself unable to get her out of your head heart (despite new relations in the UK), that will be your sign that there was some substance to what you felt. Also, there is a possibility that if you are feeling her this way, she is doing the same whereever she is. But you both must go on with your individual lives and may dev new relationships if you wish. Neither one should hold the other accountable to wait. Noone is obligated to do so based on these circumstances.

Eventually, you will come back to Naija; even if it is to visit. If it is true love and if you 2 were meant to be together. There is nothing in this world that would be able to stop it.

As sweet as this post of mine may sound, your situation is still a slippery slope and I am so glad that I am not you right now. I do feel your pain, I would pray if I were you. I will pray hard!  undecided

Have a safe trip and may the Lord bless you

Agape!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Macutie(f): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2007
Its alright 2say you love someone if you really do. Dont lie about it. Always be honest it pays always
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by johnnygan(m): 8:04am On Aug 08, 2007
@ olay
I think you should start seekin a relationship of your own on a neutral ground and not announcing other peeps relationships.
No make me fight you oooo!
"word"
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by swiftycool(m): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ Godsgirl

Now you're talkin , u see why those words could come out true, and get a negative reply, or none at all.
if u love me and i know our love aint possible.  Its best i stop u b4 u start planting a mighty foundation
and dedicate all your life towards it.

if i let her on and make her wait, i know i'll become the standard 4 any other of her relationships and she just might not be able to love again , cos she's got me in mind. right?    im not wrong  undecided
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2007
If I did not know any better, I would think you were talkin to me.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by seun001(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2007
swiftycool:

@ Seun001
im verry positive of the fact that she is not in the know about my leaving
and besides does it make sense to claim u are in love with a guy just because he's about to leave the country
i mean do girls do that?
Because nothing can make me change my mind , because my fees are paid up, tickets booked and all that

its ok if you think so,but like i always say u never know what motivates people

about if its happened before,i can confirm it has n to my friend,will b very brief

my guy has been chasing this girl for like more than 2 years.if i have ever believe in love my guy has shown it to this girl,he has been frustrated,lost weight ,gained weight,done badly at academics,recouped what was lost,given up hope,found hope,in short this girl almost killed my guy ooo!funniest part is that we ,his friends, believed he does deserve the girl,there were more beautiful girls dying to have him but my guy was so strong willed.during all this time this girl had other BF,not even her friends took pity on my guy to tell him not to kill himself.meanwhile he's been processing visa for years,but the girl doesnt really know the stage he was in the visa process.only for my guy to get a 5 year visa and the girl starts behaving and coming up with stories like 'i was testing you'.remember i didnt do u do or that,u can imagine how we,his friends felt about this.but my friend still in love believed all of this.couldnt leave for US for a couple of months,so the relationship was like husband and wife until he left.while in the US,my guy kept calling and took care of her very well,if you know what i mean but then the girl decided to show her tru colour by humilating my guy by going up and down with other guys.this caused fights between his half sister and GF,and so before it got out of hand,his sista called him and blew the whistle.didnt bother to ask him how far because i already vowed on to interfere
so right now they are blown apart.am blaming my guy for all this period.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by olay(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2007
@lexyheart

Well i dont mind having ya sis' so far she as damm good as you are lol

and as for you @johnnygan
Na wetin dey worry ya make we help ya hold ya woman LOL grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2007
@olay

lol i will talk to her.we look similar.

infect she is my twin sister so am afraid if u get her.u will fight w shady because u won't be able to identfy your girl .because we look damn similar.people don even know who is who wn we r together.

so my dear i don want to because any fight ooooooooooooooooooo   cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Signs To Know If A Girl Is Interested In You / Only Legends...House Wife And Olosho Girlfriends Will Understand This Image / Ladies: Must A Guy Be Like This Before You Accept Dating Him.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.