Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,911 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? (10718 Views)

Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by betos(m): 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2007
Wow, everyone has such interesting views on this (I knew I could trust Nairaland users to be real), But what if the girl who is saying this has never said it to anyone else? What if she has tried her best not to feel this but it is just too overwhelming and scary? What if she has not even slept with the man? what if she has not even asked or accepted a thing from him? and the man on the other hand shows love w/o saying the words, as Suze had pointed out (thanks girl  )

You see people, The word "love" has been used out of context in so many ways. Mistaken for lust. So much so that when a man has experienced hurt in the past, he won't even be able to recognize true love when it does come. This is a food for the thoughts of those who are interested. Stayed tuned for part 2 of this post.

yes, love is one word that has been so misused, so say it when u mean it, else, don't bother.when love hits you, yes it is overwhelming, but far from being scary,  everything is perfect, even the sun would through the cloudy sky. pray u find this out . chao
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by naijababe5(f): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2007
i think its ok 2 say i love u 2 a guy,
sha hope dat when u say it he doesnt say sumthin like - 'thank u' - cos dat, in my opinion, is soo much worse than laughin in ur face or sayin he doesnt love u back, dunno but it seems kinda one kind 2 me,
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by losco(m): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2007
For me i guess i would love to hear my woman tell me that she loves me cos the last relationship i had i was the one saying I love you.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by BASETSANA(f): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2007
Speaking on a personal point of view l tell the man l love that l love him
its not difficult for me cause it will be coming from deep down in my heart
l like displaying affection and telling a man l love him is another way of proving my love to him
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by estylove1(f): 9:01am On Jul 30, 2007
there is nothing wrong if one says i love you to the one and only one u love. i do tell my b/f that i love him over and over again cos he tells me more than i do. nevertheless one should express how one feels and not try to pretend or hide the fact that u love the person if u love someone say it tell it to the person that u love him or her.

i know i hav found true love and i wont be afraid to say i love you to him without reservations. i do so all the time and he is not tired of hearing it and u know wat anytime he tells me he loves me its always different i mean i get a new spark all the time he says it. its always new i hav a wonderful feeling that is inexplainable and undescribable becos i know that truly he loves me
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by honeric01(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2007
i will jump up, kiss the hell out of her lips ( that's if i am her lover) and if not, yellllll. i will put my finger into my ear
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Mrsachs(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2007
@omo eko
e bi like say na the FIRST shoe wey she buy for UNITED STATES,
so she dey keep am as an antique
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ topic,

if you no tell am, another lady go helep you tell your bobo
simple!!!!!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by swiftycool(m): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ Topic
Do u realize stars, fine, rich and powerful guys get told ''I LoVe U'' millions of times daily, by girls who dont even know them personally
and yes! some of them get really angry, not cos they r childish or whatenuh
But becos its an outright lie, He knows u  love his looks, his money, his power, his fame, position or whatever & not really him
and he might use it to his advantage to spite u, i mean check out ilks of R Kelly & their many lovers
They are so easy to fall in love with but surely  lose d lovers when they stop shining or lose steam
So b4 u say it  if u want to get a positive reply, make sure u really do luv that guy for who he is not what he is or has got

Snoop Doggy Dog replied once to "a lover" of his: "Bitch, you dont love me , you just love my money and ma doggy style" 
why dyou think he did?   wink
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Kemjisuper(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2007
I think the message "I Love You" as much as it is said, it should be followed up with actions too. I've had ladies tell me "I Love you" then turn around and keep asking for selfish favours. And they will comfortably say "I Love You" to any Tom, Dick and Harry they feel the urge to flirt with.

My Baby calls me first thing every morning to tell me how much she loves me, even if it's for just 30 seconds.
Proclaim it and show it as well if you truly mean it - then it will be safe for you and your man.

Cheers
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by dumi(f): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2007
NA NIJA WE DEY U DON 4GET ANY THIN CAN HAPPEN.WITH I LOVE U OR NOT THINS STILL DEY FLOW.i will advise u dont say it if u do not mean it cos i have been there and it was not funny
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by choongtin(f): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ topic poster lool how old are you??
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by vescucci(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2007
A girl telling she loves me whether in reply or taking the lead will be a dream come true for me, if I love her too that is. I think people should express their feelings more often. It's a big deal and a bigger risk to says these words for fear of rejection or something else. Girls are most insecure and guys are very childish when it comes to matters of love, so that 's why I'd advise anyone, male or female, to take time to realise what exactly they're feeling so as not to be hasty over some infatuation. Also it's safer to be reasonably sure that one's mate has considerable respect for one. The major problem is that the words are very special and unfortunately the words happen to be on the tip of most guys tongues, so they don't really mean it. They're just after a quick lay, muddying the waters for guys like us. Anyway too much talk on my part, but the bottomline is that I wish I met the hippy days, too little love to go around these days.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by hibans(f): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2007
its not good to be first telling him you love him. he may take advantage you. i believe love still exist and is something that develop. My own developed for like, two years before we exchange numbers but when i told him i love him. he started misbehaving and this is a person we go to Church, attend weddings and visit friends together. but he turned over night i don't know what happened. O! Girl be wise with whatsoever you are doing with guys.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by uchetobi(f): 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2007
if you do luv him why not?
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by frankiriri(m): 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2007
I wil
Kemjisuper:

I think the message "I Love You" as much as it is said, it should be followed up with actions too. I've had ladies tell me "I Love you" then turn around and keep asking for selfish favours. And they will comfortably say "I Love You" to any Tom, Dick and Harry they feel the urge to flirt with.

Proclaim it and show it as well if you truly mean it - then it will be safe for you and your man.

Cheers
Very true.
I wont appreciate it if her actions say otherwise. It should not be used as a pawn to get something from me.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Elgaxton(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2007
Can be hard to say when it is really real men!
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by seun001(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2007
Elgaxton:

Can be hard to say when it is really real men!

yeah,i really fiind it hard ooooo!!!cos the girl starts misbehaving and u r supposed to be in love.hmmmm.
i've never believed any girl telling those words cos its always a preamble to other notifications.
think i prefer actions better,saying i miss sounds better but i love u, na beans
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Godsgirl(f): 5:01am On Jul 31, 2007
For all the men who are concerned by ulterior motives to using the words "I love you" to a man.

I do understand your concern as most of you speak from experience so I respect that. However, I refuse to accept anything extravagant from any man that I am not married to or engaged to. The times in my life when I was offered something of great magnitude, I was skeptical at the reason why anyone would do such a thing for me without even an enegagement. I can understand if it was someone that the Lord sent to bless me with a gift. But usually, these type of messengers go about their business after they have been obedient and blessed you. such usually insist:"The Lord wanted me to bless you with this" and boom, I never see them again. However, as for the men that want to hang around me after giving me a gift-no message from the Lord-no engagement, etc, I can only conclude that they have an ulterior motive for doing what they do for me. I have seen too many girls get hurt in this area. I do not want to become a statistic.

Real Agape love expects nothing in return, just love.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by papabaks(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2007
Hello guy yea i can feel a very cool environment,

You now what? I've told several girls I LOVE YOU and they turn it around to take me for granted, just because i always express my feeling to them, so I also have cultivated the habit of not telling a lady I LOVE U , rather I will say I MISS YOU. Final, and if any girl should tell me she love me, i will like to know what she really loved about me, is it my MONEY, APPEARANCE, MY FAMILY BACKGROUND or just ME as a person.

We need to get this sorted out. Ok?

LOVE YOU ALL.

Thanks
papa
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by stswimfan(m): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2007
For me, it blows my mind when my galfriend tels me she loves me, especially when I know she truely does. But when u say it when u think u wanna fool me, only God knows hw i feel
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Aseye(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2007
@MILITIA u sound desperate, how would u want to say the three word sentence three times a day, i think u need to cool off.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by SaniYola: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
I always respect a women who made such big admittance, i.e i love you, i love to hear this word from my wife, i felt delighted and on top of the world.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by maris25(f): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2007
THOESE THREE WORDS CAN BREAK A BRIDGE AND ALSO AMEND IT DEPENDING ON THE BRIDGE IN QUESTION. HOWEVER IS NOT WRONG BECAUSE FOR SPOUSE IS A REMINDER THAT THE FIRE STILL BURN IF BACKUP WITH ACTION. grin BUT SOMETIMES IS BETTER NOT TO TELL IT TO EVERY ONE UNLESS YOU REALLY MEAN IT. I LOVE EVERYONE ON NAIRALAND ,REM I REALLY MEAN MINE
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by olay(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2007
[i][/i]Hello ladies and gentlemen well i will really appreciate if a lady could tell me she loves me and not just saying it by mouth but by heart willing like lexyheart did to my friend john grin
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by pantex: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2007
Its not wrong for a lady to tell a guy 'i love you'. Unfortunately, in our society today, we see such ladies as being desperate cry.Left to me, i have no problem with that.
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by bullicom: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2007
why not. to me it's important you tell him. they say actions speak louder than words, they never words were dumb
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by moondust(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2007
it is unsafe not to
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ olay

wahtz ur problem.hey who r u angry
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by papabaks(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2007
Omo i dey gbadun this tred, Hin don dey long go oo LOL LOL grin

papa
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by papabaks(m): 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2007
@Lexy
Is your hearth preaking you?
Re: Is It Safe To Tell A Man "I Love You"? by Lexyhearts(f): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2007
@papa

LOL ,why did u ask wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys Which Of These Big Ass Transformation Do You Think Is Fake (photos) / I'm About To Devour This Right Now! (pics Ins.) / Sex In Dream,please Whats The Cause And The Way Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.