Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? (14473 Views)

Poll: Would you date a single parent?

Yes: 72% (65 votes)
No: 27% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ektbear: 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
Just curious to hear what Nairaland has to say about this.

Would you consider dating/marrying someone who already has a child?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by kokoye(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2011
Yup.

you said date o
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by livedit(f): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2011
Yes. And I have in the past. Why should livedit discriminate? My first "boyfriend" I dated had 5 kids, which later I found out it was double that in the end. But that didn't matter to me at the time. You never know someone's past circumstance(s).
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
no
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Mynd44: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2011
Well I intend to propose to BABE! and she has three kids
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ektbear: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
Women are much more likely to date a guy with kids than vice versa, yes?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2011
As long as he has nothing to do with the baby mama. (only the child relationship)
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ektbear: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
For me the answer is no. But it is a less strong 'no' than it was about 5 years ago. I've seen some pretty smoking hot single mothers in the past couple of years, lol.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Pweety4me(f): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^^^ undecided

@OP I want a virgin guy?what does that mean?big fat NO! cheesy
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by kokoye(m): 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^^

goodluck with your lofty quest
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by violent(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
I used to think Hell NO!

But really, i think i can!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by upendo98(f): 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2011
OH YES. Any time. Arent they human? They are very mature and responsible. (well majority maybe not all)
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by BABE3: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
Depends on

1)how old the Shild is and---

2) If the Shild likes me--- If the Shild is after my life---(lol)--then I no fit.

Mynd_44:

Well I intend to propose to BABE! and she has three kids

haha--ehn ehn---Na so?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nayah(f): 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Why not?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Odunnu: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2011
Yea sure.
Just yesterday in Church I was gisting with my kid brother and I kept asking about people i'd not seen in a while. I asked him of a cute 'all round man' who is junior Pastor in church and he told me he left the church because he wanted to marry a widow with 3children and as a pastor, the church refused blessing it. I felt bad. If the church could act like that,they need deliverance
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Omolola1(f): 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2011
definitely
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by violent(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2011
If she's a Widow, then NO!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MissyB3(f): 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2011
I couldn't date or marry a single father. . . . Not because I have a problem with single parenthood but because I fear I wouldn't be able to handle the situation and the extra 'stress' comes with it, in the best way. Some years from now, my opinion may change but presently, at this stage and age, I'd say no. I'd try as much as possible to avoid getting involved with a single father esp. if the child lives with him.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by satani22: 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
Op capital no for marriage but probability for just dating. Depends on culture. Years back, was dating a young girl with marriage intent but later confessed she had a 5 yr old girl whos now with the father. My famly rejected the union as Yoruba claiming its not gonna be easy. Hence we parted ways
Pweety4me:

^^^^ undecided

@OP I want a virgin guy?what does that mean?big fat NO! cheesy

Im still a virgin at 28. Hope u dont mind me
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ShyOne(f): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
Yes

I will and Yes I am - he has 3 children and is a widow.

Makes him look 3 x's more sexy in my eyes.  He is responsible, handsome, hardworking, loves children, intelligent, God-serving.

You betcha!!!!!!

I no longer need to wonder if he is child-friendly or what kind of father or husband he would make - I see it first hand.  The best man to marry and date is a single father who has his own children. 

You can't get any better than that!!!  You don't have to scheme up tests for him to pass to see what he would be like - his entire life is a living testimony to who he is and how he is and how he will be if life predicaments hit him.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by mamagee3(f): 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
Most probably some men would say yes. . .just the secure and comfortable ones will though. ,

But the insecure and poverty-stricken are most likely to say no cause they can't cather for her and her children.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
No.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Mynd44: 3:42am On Jun 21, 2011
BABE!:

Depends on

1)how old the Shild is and---

2) If the Shild likes me--- If the Shild is after my life---(lol)--then I no fit.

You too dey fear. But sha i go built LIVER for you.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrsChima(f): 4:24am On Jun 21, 2011
No and there isn't enough time in the world to be testing father materials.

Either they are a good father material or not.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Sagamite(m): 5:05am On Jun 21, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

No.

You are too cold jor!

You are racist!

What about if he has kids but is not a single father?

None of my 7 kids live with me, they are all with my 7 different babymamas wey born them.

Still no?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:08am On Jun 21, 2011
*waka* abeg shouldnt you be asleep? tongue

and wetin concern race with anything. Olodo cool
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 21, 2011
awwww. . . . look at those two.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:10am On Jun 21, 2011
^ I miss you cry
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 21, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

^ I miss you cry

aww, that's awfully nice of you. kiss

I see you showing your claws lol. Take it easy on 'em.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:14am On Jun 21, 2011
I cant promise anything

but I'll try, maybe grin
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ilalokhoinjude: 5:15am On Jun 21, 2011
hi. pls i need assistance in creating my post. Pls if u can text me how to creat my post (were i can say my own thing). Thks.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by dayokanu(m): 5:15am On Jun 21, 2011
Awww Love is in the h-air

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have U Ever Wondered How Much A Runs Girls Costs (port Harcourt Edition) / Is It A Sin To Fall In Love In The Church??? / Obi Cubana Sprays Money On Naked Girls In Pool. They Were Also Sweeping Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.