Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? (14482 Views)

Poll: Would you date a single parent?

Yes: 72% (65 votes)
No: 27% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by AkanA1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

See almost all the ladies saying , 'why not' 'off course' bla bla bla,
women are usually in this kind of case, meaning,

1)MANY HAVE CHILDREN OUT OF MARRIAGE AND WOULD STILL WANT TO BE CONSIDERED.
2)MANY HAVE BEEN 'ABANDONED' BY FATE AND ARE DESPERATE TO HAVE ANY MAN EVEN IF HE HAD 5 KIDS BEFORE. RICH OR NOT RICH.

Listen up this way,
If the above caption has an answer 'YES' , it should be say for a date,
FOR MARRIAGE?  MBAAAAAAAA,  NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

For crying out loud, your blood is your blood and nothing can make you like another blood than your full blood, so there is bound to ba a problem sometime in the live of the marriage.

my opinion,

Da Doctor
U must b a native doctor or something of that sort. Coz ur way of thinking aligns 2 that of a pre-historic caveman. U r clearly lost in time. The only thing that can save u is if u find a way 2 time travel back 2 1923 or so,
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by cold(m): 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

lets see, YOU GO RUN DEY FIND HELP SOME DAY.Anyway, i guess you have employed a counsellor already sha.

U WAN TAKE YOUR HAND CALL POLICE FOR YOURSELF, ,,GO ON  AND ENJOY THE'CELL' Then
  tongue
Seriously i don't want to sound like a doomsday prophet but I look into your future & I see nothing but chaos.*shudders
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Gbenge77(m): 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2011
I could date a single mother with nice curves.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Logba: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2011
Rokiatu, Nanya and Upendo 98  continue to impress me in NL.  Honestly, I have been looking for the  opportunity to convey my message to some ladies in NL about their impressive use of English. I have singled them(Rokiatu, Nanya and Upendo 98) out of the pack  not because we do not have other ladies who have as much proficiency of the language in NL but because they( Rokiatu, Nanya and Upendo 98) all consent to the fact that being a single father should not attract repulsion from ladies.  You have all made my day.

Continue to wrap and twine the language for our pleasurable consumption. I enjoy good expressions.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by klaus3011(m): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2011
I WOULD GLADLY DATE A SINGLE MOTHER, IF SHE WOULD BE MY SUGAR MUMMY,

I WOULD GLADLY DATE A SINGLE MOTHER IF SHE WOULD TAKE ME TO OLD-TRAFFORD TO WATCH MANCHESTER UNITED PLAY NEXT SEASON grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2011
@AKAN AND COLD,

You know wat I know i touched your nerves.

IF U GUYS ARE AMONG THE CRIMINALS THAT RUN AROUND PREGNATING THOSE YOUNG LADIES, NOW U WANT US TO MARRY THEM, IT WONT WORK FOR YOU ALL.

For clarity sake, A WOMAN SHUD BE AS PURE AS SHE CAN BEFORE MARRIAGE, ABI GOOD THING NO DEY HUNGRY UNA?

[color=#990000]Me no go fit marry AFTER ONE OR TWO OR THREE, No be fight,

COLD, Enjoy your after one,  you said she is heaven and earth, why wont she be behaved, A MUGU SHE IS FEEDING WANTS TO LIFT HER BURDEN.

Go on, ME I NO GO FIT DO AM OOOOOOOOOOOO

Byeeeeeee
[/color]
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Zahnda(f): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2011
Shy One, I couldn't agree with you more.
Works the other way too:
I once dated a single father, the most irresponsible father you can think of: Treated baby mama like crap, would blow money on entertainment and throw a fit when the mother of his child needed money, weeks would roll without him seeing his child. I looked at all of that and thought: If this man can treat the mother of his child like this, if he is able to forget his own flesh and blood, wtf am I to believe he'll be good and honourable to me?
He didn't get why I had to quit him, our relationship was fine, but I'd seen a part of him that I couldn't reconcile with being a good human being.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Zandha, cud u please help me enrol COLD AND AKAN In your school, they need to be brushed up, seriously,
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by cold(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

[color=#000099]@AKAN AND COLD,

[b]A WOMAN SHUD BE AS PURE AS SHE CAN BEFORE MARRIAGE
, ABI GOOD THING NO DEY HUNGRY UNA?
Do you intend to marry a virgin?If your answer is no then I dare say your dumber than I gave you credit for.If your answer is in the affirmative then i sincerely hope you don't end up with a 'surgery to restore hymen' kinda lady cuz at this rate things might not end well for you
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by AkanA1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2011
Zahnda:

Shy One, I couldn't agree with you more.
Works the other way too:
I once dated a single father, the most irresponsible father you can think of: Treated baby mama like crap, would blow money on entertainment and throw a fit when the mother of his child needed money, weeks would roll without him seeing his child. I looked at all of that and thought: If this man can treat the mother of his child like this, if he is able to forget his own flesh and blood, wtf am I to believe he'll be good and honourable to me?
He didn't get why I had to quit him, our relationship was fine, but I'd seen a part of him that I couldn't reconcile with being a good human being.

2 correct u here. This so caled guy cant b classified as a single Dad coz he bares not the responsibility of bringing up his child. We can classify him as a man who has a child or mayb has impregnanted a lady b4. Thats a whole diff topic 4 another. Single parents r men/women who r bringing up, catering 4 a child/children all by themselves,
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ COLD, This guy you too daft jare, make i leave you,

So you no go wan marry VIRGIN, oya na HOOK ON TO YOUR 'OGBONGIDI' With expired puntus, i wonder how she would look, anyway.,,,i dont care, as long as u enjoy her,

But dont forget to enrol with ZANDHA, she will brush up your mentality
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by AkanA1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Every1 wants 2 marry a virgin, even a non-virgin wants a virgin. My point is that ppl shud not b put off without even given a chance from the unset coz they have a child. It's just the selfish nature of humans that has made us think of ourselves only. If we all understand what the word LOVE means, we wud change our mindset. Rlationship/marriage is not all about what u want, always ask ur selfish self, what can I give, what do I have 2 offer?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
ekt_bear, How old is this your friend? Hope he's not your age-mate?

anyway since he himself has a kid, he shouldnt have any problem dating the girl that also has a child.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by cold(m): 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

@ COLD, This guy you too daft jare, make i leave you,

So you no go wan marry VIRGIN, oya na HOOK ON TO YOUR 'OGBONGIDI' With expired puntus, i wonder how she would look, anyway.,,,i dont care, as long as u enjoy her,

But dont forget to enrol with ZANDHA, she will brush up your mentality

Oh so na virgin you dey find?Ah,ah you for talk since maq i know how i for taq follow you.Olodo
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by maka3: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
@doc, using d word BASTARD was rather 2 harsh. @S.A LADY, why is he or she not worthy of love? Do u guys realise most of this girls we c daily have had countless abortions? And d guys hav paid 4 abortions 2, Yet they are worthy of love. No body planned being a single parent,( weather havin a child outside wedlock or a widow/widower).
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by koyaabj: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2011
No i can't, i feel irritated when such babe come my way, i see it that i better go home and meet my wife,
are there no more single babes without kid's in town.cool cool cool cool cool shocked
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
@maka 3,

i dont mince words,
like call a 'LION', 'KING OF ALL ANIMALS'

GO TO UR DIC AND SE WHAT THE WORD BASTARD IMPLIES

@COLD, Enjoy ur old ,faded and tired 'CHINK', because no be chic, NA SECOND HAND, Kaiiiiiiii

I WANT THE BEST O, NOTHING LESS, THATS WHY I WORK REAL SMART
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by cold(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^I've seen how your type end up.You'll be back here in 15 years;'I've been married for 15 yrs without a child,please advise'
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
^Rofl grin
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrCork17: 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2011
me. I nyansh anything: Single mother, single sister, marryed mother, married sister. wotever! undecided
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Tsun(f): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
Why not if I love him enough.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by swiftycool(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
I wont mind really, in fact i kinda see them single moms as special and strong, am only put off often by the desperation most of them exhibit when they see any guy is interested in them, like they dont think they are worth much.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

^Rofl grin

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by upendo98(f): 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
Some topics are very sensitive. All I can finally add is this. Theres different categories of single mothers.

The Widow
The Separated
The Divorced,
The Violated
The one who's boyfriend deserted her on hearing about the pregnancy.

I feel soo saddened by this topic cz all we are doing here is generalizing everything.You only need to hear some stories and understand that single motherhood in most cases is not a choice .
How good is that lady who has had countless abortions cz a) the boyfriend forced her b)she doesnt want to accept responsibility? Shes single yeah,no child yeah,but character?
I'd rather marry that lady that said NO to abortion and gave birth.
That lady that chose to stay around and strong cz the husband left her for another woman.
What about that girl that got violated? yeah violation was bad enough and she couldnt abort either.So she ended up with this innocent child.
Doesnt she deserve Love?

How many beautiful looking ladies are walking around with shredded uterus' cz of countless abortions since they couldnt bear the stigma of the society?
What do u tell that widow whose hubby passed away? she cant be loved?
What about that very irresponsible Father/mother  that chose to desert their family and kids? Doesn't that woman/man  deserve love? Some great leaders are products of single parents/stepmums and dads.
I said b4 that this is no job for the faint hearted.NO.But if you love somebody you will love everything about them and you can work things out.
I have seen lots of carzy stuff I stopped judging.
Evvrybody deserves a chance cz we all have mistkes. But at the end its your choice.
[b]Lets not view single motherhood/fatherhood as a disease. [/b]Goodness Lord. God loves them too.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by maka3: 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
@DOC, do u knw it also means an unpleasant person? But u won't like it if cold called u dat, wud u? Doc, pls, if i may ask, r u a virgin? If ur answer is no, then d fact that any girl has not come 2 u wit d "i miss my p*ri*d" tin does not make u righteous. I mean it cud happen 2 any one! Do u realise u won't even knw if most of these babes/guys dnt tell u? I respect ur choice, cos we all hav ours but 4 christ sakes, u r being 2 harsh on single parents. Easy on them, most of them are just victims of circumstance. It cud b u, u knw,
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by maka3: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
@upendo 98, god bless you!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by upendo98(f): 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^^
Yeah I hope you are referring to the God of capital 'G' not 'g'
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ShyOne(f): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2011
Every one of you on this thread was a child and some of you if not most of you were raised by single parents but you don't want to admit it

I was 12 when my father died and left my mother with 4 children

I have had a Step Father since I was 14 years of age.  Thank God a good man came into my life through my mom who I can call Dad.

I am a very attractive woman who owns her own business and is quite successful today who lavishes those parents with whatever they want in appreciation of their devotion to me.

Those on this thread bashing others for dating single parents absolutely deserves to FIND OUT WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE A SINGLE PARENT.  They will return with different words - trust me.

Every single one of you was a child ---- try to remember the joy you experienced when and if you had responsible parents footing the loads in your life.  It's criminal to put others down because they lost a mate from death, bad choices, etc and are left to raise the next generation.

I love my man and his children are wonderful.  I feel blessed in every way.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrsChima(f): 2:10am On Jun 22, 2011
Not all of us WERE RAISED by single parents and SOME OF US have a preference not to engage into a relationship with single parents just like some of us are not interested in dating fat people.  It is a preference regardless how some were raised by single parents or not. 

There are SOMEBODY FOR EVERYBODY and some people do not want to deal with baggage.  It is their CHOICE AND RIGHT. 

To those who are in relationships or marriage with someone who have kids from previous relationships BE HAPPY WITH YOUR DECISION and accept everything that comes with it. 

wink
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ShyOne(f): 2:27am On Jun 22, 2011
I wasn't raised by a single parent.

FYI: Everyone on this thread goes into a relationship carrying baggage regardless to whether they have children or not.

You had baggage that you brought from a previous relationship into your current marriage. That is all of us. No one on this thread goes into a relationship without carrying baggage of some sort or the other.

From my point of view Children aren't considered baggage. It looks to depend on what point of view you see things. One man's trash is another man's treasure. We all have rights.

By no means am I standing in the way of who you do or don't date. My comments are my comments and my belief. Everyone on the thread has the right to date a childless person or a person with children.

Whoever you date - whether they do or don't have kids - ACCEPT EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrsChima(f): 2:55am On Jun 22, 2011
Shy-One:

I wasn't raised by a single parent.

FYI:  Everyone on this thread goes into a relationship carrying baggage regardless to whether they have children or not.

You had baggage that you brought from a previous relationship into your current marriage.  That is all of us.  No one on this thread goes into a relationship without carrying baggage of some sort or the other.

From my point of view Children aren't considered baggage.  It looks to depend on what point of view you see things.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  We all have rights.

By no means am I standing in the way of who you do or don't date.  My comments are my comments and my belief.  Everyone on the thread has the right to date a childless person or a person with children.

Whoever you date - whether they do or don't have kids - ACCEPT EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT.

My comment wasn't just toward you.  It was a general comment to collective responses.

I am glad you wasn't standing in the way.  wink  Regardless of what people say we all date whomever we want and marry whomever we want.  That's the beauty of choices. 

People shouldn't live for and attempt to please OTHERS.   If someone doesn't want a person with a bunch of children that's their right.  Not everybody dating somebody who SPOUSE is dead and there are SOME baby mommas/daddies that make the guests on Maury show looks like novices.  Some just avoids that and let the ones who can deal with it deals with it.   wink

By the way SOME OF US let the past be the past so MANY of us doesn't bring anything OLD into something new. It is easy once you makes a decision to do it.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrsChima(f): 3:08am On Jun 22, 2011
Koyoke!

Didn't I see you at Church's chicken with some glow in dark skinny jeans on? shocked shocked tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rugged Babes Should Answer This / / Meet 11-year-old Kordeza Zhelyazkova: The World’s Youngest Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.