Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? (14480 Views)

Poll: Would you date a single parent?

Yes: 72% (65 votes)
No: 27% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
The North? Yeye, how did that happen?

Lol just the thought that a Yoruba family would allow their children esp daughter near people from the North is baffling to me.

Even the Yoruba Muslims sef arent that keen on it.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Yeye77(f): 6:13am On Jul 07, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

The North? Yeye, how did that happen?

Lol just the thought that a Yoruba family would allow their children esp daughter near people from the North is baffling to me.

Even the Yoruba Muslims sef arent that keen on it.

lol, never really thought about it in dat context!well I'm really not a conventional person & my parents raised us to take people as individuals and not to really bother about their race\tribe.

I met him, he's intelligent, supportive,compassionate & he respects me.We dated for like 3 years, his family was not as accepting of me as mine was of him!(To each his/her own) So I broke it off only to discover I was pregnant!I chose to keep her & I'm glad I did! So my daughter is a 'mallo or aboki" lol ,all good!Enjoy d rest of ur week!

1 Like

Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:17am On Jul 07, 2011
Shame things didnt change with the family after finding out your condition

anyway wish you a good week as well and thanks for answering. smiley
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by jaybee3(m): 6:17am On Jul 07, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Shame things didnt change with the family after finding out your condition

anyway wish you a good week as well and thanks for answering. smiley
Got ma PM?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrsChima(f): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2011
Oh you sending HER private messages? angry angry
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Tosinville(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2011
Why not?
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2011
^^ COLD, You again?^^

THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER TO LEARN IRRESPECTIVE OF DIFFERENT VIEWS POSED HERE IN.

If we so  adore this topic and say its no wrong to marry a single mother/father, dating apart, then we are telling our younger sibblings on this forum to GO ON INDULGE IN PRE MARITAL AND MULTIPLE SEX ACTS, Why do i say this? THE SAID SINGLE MOTHER EITHER WASNT WELL BROUGHT UP OR WAS RANDY AS AT THEN OR SIMPLY HAD LUCK RUN OUT ON HER.

Even in the old, Sex is reserved for the married alone, and now though this is violated, but some caution is applied by erring individuals.

Bottom line, I CAN NEVER MARRY A SINGLE MOTHER, I MAY CONSIDER A WIDOW EITHER .

I HATE BASSSSTARRRDS!! I have a good and christian up bringing and was tot well,

MY DAD ALWAYS WARNED AGAINST PRE MARITAL SEX AND WOULD SAY ANY ERRING CHILD SHOULD BE READY TO TAKE UP PARENTAL ROLE IN CASE OF EVENTUALITY(As in if you get pregnated or impregnate anyone, its automatic marriage) AT LEAST THAT HAS WORKED FOR 15 OF US(Cousins inclusive) brought up together.

GOOD UP BRINGING IS NECESSARY, BUT A DEFIANT CHILD ALWAYS BRINGS SHAME TO HIS FAMILY.
I WONT JOIN U GUYS IN PROMOTING THIS EVIL THAT HAS ITS ROOT TIED TO INDECENCY , AT LEAST MOST LADIES I KNOW AROUND THAT HAD BABIES DESERVED THEM COS THEY MAINLY WERE 'TRADERS' OR FREE GIVERS. They got their medals afterall1

Now some 'THEN' irresponsible single mother is here seeking support and sympathy,Not minding that her daughter would not be raised in her own 'real home', because whether u like it or not another man marrying  a single mother may mean joy to her but not same to the child cos a point comes when 'THIS IS MY REAL BLOOD' would set in from the man, not minding previous promises and aggreements,,, take it or leave it.

WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG AND SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED TO AVOID RECCURRENCE
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by SAGoddess: 10:27am On Jul 07, 2011
Goodness, the bile you spew. . . . . . . .guess the same Christian values/upbringing taught you to be a narrow-minded, judgemental thorn who thinks his way is the only way, right!!! Good for you. . . . . .now go live your perfect life!!!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2011
LOL!!!
It hurts, especially when you are a victim!
SIN IS A PLAGUE DEAR!

It is a crazy world though, SO GO ON TELL ALL YOU KNOW TO SPREAD THEIR LEGS AND BEAR U BASTARDS IN ANTICIPATION OF A NL THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO MARRY A SINGLE MOTHER.

I have depositted all i can to this topic and will say, LET HE WHO HAS EARS HEAR! Not meaning you take my opinions o!, i am a grass root person and know that AN UNWANTED PREGNANCY IS A SHAME ANYWHERE ANYTIME, WHETHER IT IS KEPT OR NOT.

May your faith set you free.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ShyOne(f): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^^^
A Real Christian's Point of View quoted below.

"My point is, It's our job as Christians to lead them and maybe not just our own children, but children who aren't raised in Christian homes, who need us as loving examples to lead them to the Way, the Truth, and the Life, which is Christ."

http://www.freewebs.com/suffer-the-little-children/

The first thing that God is - in the Bible that you hold up for ALL TO SEE - including "our younger siblings on this forum" - God is Love and God is a Forgiving God.

Somehow as a Christian you have missed that boat all together. You with your "great upbringing."

Jesus said if they don't accept me or what I teach - Dust your feet and keep walking. Meaning don't keep standing at the person's door or in that person's abode (meaning don't continue to Entertain or Suffer that Person's Thought or Views).
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 11:29am On Jul 07, 2011
^^And i will bow out with Quotes from BACON MY MENTOR;

- Idols of the cave: Personal interpretations due to individual makeup or disposition. An example would be Gilbert's "magnetic world view."

Every man to his own faith but in life there are general principles that cant be broken no mata the school of tot /perception

kachifo!!!^^^
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ShyOne(f): 11:36am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^^

What's Up Doc?

As a Christian - When you claim Christianity - You have accepted Jesus as God's Son - And Accepted God as Creator of All.  That is the Epitome of Christianity.

When you state this "aloud" - You are agreeing that God created ALL.

So if you are rejecting and hating those "Bastards" in the form of Children that Jesus Adored - and didn't differentiate on ANY LEVEL.  Jesus didn't say I love Children as long as they aren't bastards. 

Jesus never stated that and that isn't "my interpretation" - that is fact.

Another fact is that God continues to consistently watch and listens to everything you say and do.  Be aware that you are always in God's presence and in God's company.  Woe unto you!!!!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Tosinville(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2011
Da doctor
Why don't you do me a favour & hold the fcukk up cos ppl like you are still young to know shitt, how can u just jump into conclusion straight up calling another man's kid a bastard without knowing how her mum got seperated with her ex? so you think you're perfect on your own, aight? well when you grow up a lil bit then you'll understand what i mean better but when there's love, you won't twice to love the kid & her mum together.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by MrsChima(f): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2011
SMH. Bleep it.

I don tire ooo.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
*rolls eyes*

You people must be super bored to keep responding to the quack Doctor.

JB, will get back to you smiley
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by boobfan: 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
I dated a lady seven years older than me who showered me with luv and allowed me penetrate all holes.I developed strong love for her but her desperation for me to marry her kept me thinking.I was contemplating based on her age;which could not have mattered much.As I wanted considering marriage,I got a shocking discovery that she had a daughter living with her ex-man.She didn't tell me all along,so after confronting her,I quit cos she told me lies.To be frank,I could not have gone ahead with dating her knowing that she had a daughter cos the ending could be intolerable at my age.I can only play but marriage, NO especially when her former man is still alive
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 10:26am On Jul 08, 2011
OK,,, JUST MET A SINGLE MOTHER OF THREE WHO I FEEL I WANT TO MARRY ! HOPE THAT IS OKAY?

MY POINT DOESNT CHANGE, IT REMAINS THE SAME, EVEN IF YOU ALL AGREE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN BEING A SINGLE PARENT(IN NAIJA ESPECIALLY), I DA DOCTOR WOULD FROWN AT IT CANT EVEN CONSIDER IT.TALK MORE OF MARRYING!! I NO FIT SHOUT

THE LIFE STYLE I SEE YOUNG LADIES LIVE NOW WOULD FETCH THEM THAT DEGREE SOON AND IN THE FUTURE, SOME NL WOULD SAY IT ISNT WRONG?

WHAT IF THE SINGLE MOTHER HAD CONTACTED SOME HIV IN THAT PROCESS

JUST LIKE I AM FROWNING AT ALL THESE RUBBISH ACTS PERPETRATED BY LADIES NOW, WHEN THE RESULT COMES THEY EITHER SEEK TO EXONERATE THEMSELVES OR RUN INTO ONE CHURCH FOR COVER.

WHAT I HAVE TO ASK IS THIS,,,,, WHAT FUTURE AND JOY IS THERE FOR THE CHILD IN THE NEW HOME? YES THE MOTHER MAY BE HAPPY BUT HOW SURE ARE WE THAT THE NEW LOVE WOULD ACCEPT THE CHILD WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

BE REALISTIC!!

NAIJA PEOPLE LIKE HEARING LIES BUT I CANT FEED YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR, READ MY PROFILE MESSAGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT I SAY IT BLUNTLY! AND I ANTICIPATE CHANGE TOO AFTER I CONDEMN SAME.

WHATEVER IS EVIL IS EVIL!!

PRE MARITAL SEX, MUTIPLE SEX PARTNER, UNWANTED PREGNANCY, AND ULTIMATELY,,,,,,BEING A MOTHER TO SOME BASTARRRRRDDDD!!!!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 10:31am On Jul 08, 2011
@BOOBFAN!!!!! YOU JUST MADE A POINT!

THANK GOD A FEW WOULD STILL STAND FIRM.

TO ALL OF YOU MARRIED ONES JUST GO ON YOUR KNEELS AND PRAY YOUR DAUGHTERS TO GIVE U A BASTARRRRRRD OR WHEN YOUR SON REACHES AN AGE OF MARRIAGE HE COMES HOME AND SAYS 'Mum, meet my heart bomb, i wana marry her, she is fertile, she already has 3 boys from three different men'

I CANT STOP BEING AMAZED AT RESPONSES PEOPLE POST IN SUPPORT OF AN OPEN WRONG ON NL

I CANT BE PARTY TO IT!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
GOOD NEWS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 29-year old woman, Mrs. Grace Jacob, has been arrested for battering her 10-year-old son, Emmanuel, and forcing him to sleep in the staircase of their home at night.

If not that a non-government organisation, Esther Child Foundation, came to the rescue of little Emmanuel, he might have been dead by now as he now nurses severe injuries inflicted on him.

Mrs. Jacob, 29, who lives at 4, Muhammed Street, Santos, Egbeda area of Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, gave birth to Victor when she was 19 years old.

She had the boy for her lover, Mr. Paul Emmanuel who had since left her. She is now married to a new husband and has a child for him.

It was gathered that Victor was severely beaten by his mother at the slightest provocation, which led to deep injuries and cuts all over the boy’s body. The boy’s face is swollen with deep cuts on his cheeks.

According to Mrs. Esther Ogwu, the founder of Esther Child Foundation, she received a call from a resident in Egbeda to come quickly to rescue a boy who was being abused and tortured in the most dehumanising way by his mother.

“When we came, we met Victor in the staircase and that is where he sleeps. When I saw the wounds on his body, I couldn’t stand it and we had to arrest the woman and bring the boy to the Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation to take up the issue,” she explained.

She said that the woman beat her son severely because his new husband had told her he did not want to see the boy and that she should do something about the situation if she wanted him to stay with her.
Ogwu alleged that the woman’s intention was to kill the boy so that she would keep her new husband, adding that the boy needed urgent treatment and attention so that he would not die from the wounds inflicted on him.

“We rescued him because we don’t know the next action that may lead to the boy’s death. The boy does not even attend school,” she added.

At the Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, WAPA, where the woman and her son were taken to, staff of the ministry were in shock when they saw the deep wounds on Victor’s body and could not believe that his mother could treat him like that.They described her as a wicked woman.

A top official of the ministry, who craved anonymity because she is not authorised to speak with pressmen, said the first thing the government would do was to write a letter to the management of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, to urgently admit the boy and treat him so that he would not die.

When asked if Victor was truly her son, Mrs. Jacob said yes, saying that she regretted her action, admitting that she was guilty of beating her son in such a deadly manner.

She was in tears but her tears did not move officials of the WAPA ministry who were angry at the way the boy was maltreated by her.

According to Jacob, she gave birth to Victor when she was not yet married and that Victor’s father used to beat and throw her out of the house on several occasions, which was why she left him.

Mrs. Jacob, who hails from Akwa Ibom State, said when Victor was brought to her from the village and that when she remembered the way her former lover treated her, she unleashed her anger on her son.

“Anytime he did something wrong, I vent the anger of what his father did to me by beating him. I was angry about the manner I was beaten by my former husband,” she said, adding that her new husband had left for South Africa because he did not want to see the boy again.

When asked, little Victor, who managed to speak in Pidgin English said his mother used to beat him with cable when he did something wrong.
However, the state government is considering prosecuting the mother under the child rights law, while Victor would be taken to one of the state’s rehabilitation homes for adequate care.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2011
many of the above happen on minute basis but not reported
avoidance is the best
Preach the gooness in the news rather than rub it with oil even if the truth is bitter
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
Somebody help me understand why Nigerians think single-motherhood is a terminal disease. 

And please don't give me that "pre-marital sex is wrong" BS.

As for you Da Doctor, you are a cave-man with an axe. Use the time machine to take you back to the Pre-colonial set-up.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
Rofl. You are right about that illiterate.

I dont think MOST people see it as terminal, just that some of us dont wanna deal with the wahala I guess.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by owo2390(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
Dating a single mother/ father is really stressful.

First the kids. Depending on their age, and since you are not their biological parents there is a chance they will never love you as much as they love their biological parent, and in their eyes you are just some guy/girl messing with their parent. That's a recipe for rebellion and back talk.

Then you are forced to provide for a kid that ins't yours and in the end, they will end up hating you. Still, the relationship wouldn't be as involved as if the both of you were single because they won't have time for you since they are busy taking care of their junior.

The situation is just really tricky. I would avoid it at all cost.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
@thiefofheart.
I dont want to go personal with you, YOU BEING A SINGLE PARENT DOESNT JUSTIFY IT OR CRUCIFY SAME.
If i want to throw you a challenge i will want to start with your educational background(qualifications) because if its HOME TRAINING ?I AM SURE YOU DIDNT GET IT.

Get it clear, if your mum told you being a single parent is good, then go ahead with it! Follow the thread and count the YES and NOS then you'd come to a conclusion. I pray that someday you would say marrying a known armed robber isnt a crime

as for you[color=#990000]@ bad girl
, i was done with you in the other thread, I GET UR CHALLENGE; IT TAKES YOUR BRAIN A FULL WEEK TO FULLY BOOTH ONCE SHUT DOWN. Because you would soon come saying he had a point. FOOLLLL![/color]
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by cold(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^You're so obsessed with this topic you've ended up attacking the wrong person.Oma se o!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ Da Doctor, please don't tempt me to indulge you in my grammar classes once again; that would be derailing the thread.

At topic,

Life is not always black and white; a single man/woman having a child is not [i]always [/i]an accurate yardstick to gauge his/her "moral" status.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
cold:

^^You're so obsessed with this topic you've ended up attacking the wrong person.Oma se o!

Dude's an iimbecile
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
cold:

Bruv,

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrikNFX-8E[/flash]
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Dude's an iimbecile
Worse; Ignorance + Arrogance combined.
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by DaDoctor: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2011
@Good gal! gramaaaaaa?

Will it fetch me more money? pls.

IF BEING KNOWLEGIBLE IS ACCEPTANCE TO THIS TOPIC IN QUESTION, THEN I WILL RATHER REMAIN AN ILLITRATE.

My advise to you both, GO ON SPREAD YOUR LEGS, BORN A BASTARDDDD BUT KEEP LOTS OF MONEY OH! Later on youd see a poor dude that would take you in but certainly not a person like me.

I DONT EVEN DEAL AFTER -ONE'S

Sorry gals!!!!THIS IS NAIJA!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by tpia5: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2011
boobfan:

I dated a lady seven years older than me who showered me with luv and allowed me penetrate all holes.

Jesu kristi, what manner of humans are roaming the earth in these last days.

see language!!!
Re: Would You Date/marry A Single Mother/father? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
Shy-One:

Chima:

Where is Mz Darkskin - we miss her

Awe! I missed you too sis!!!!! kiss kiss wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do This Come Out Of My System Whenever My Boyfriend Visits (adult Pic) / / Obi Cubana Sprays Money On Naked Girls In Pool. They Were Also Sweeping Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.