Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal (60180 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2022
I thought I should share how I changed from mathematics to MEDICALS. We all know where the world is focusing at and how respected some jobs might give you as a person. I did it and here is the video. Kindly subscribe and give the video a thumbs up. Love you guys❤❤

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSEJgLoX4dM

3 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by taiwotosho22(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
Bayobishow:

Yes, this is my where I study. The first one is for NATIONALS while the second is for international. But one good thing about Aveiro, is that at the second year for Masters, you can get waiver to pay like NATIONALS, If and only if, you can get grade from 14 upward. Because the grade is I think, its because Lisbon , Porto, Aveiro and braga are big cities so fees are quite expensive
Thanks so much.
Please can you list schools with cheaper fees?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Hisbah(f): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nice
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
taiwotosho22:

Thanks so much.
Please can you list schools with cheaper fees?
Check universidade de evora
Universities de algarve
IPB, portugal

3 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by taiwotosho22(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2022
Bayobishow:

Check universidade de evora
Universities de algarve
IPB, portugal
Thank you
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by callJesu: 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
I want to pay application fee, what's the fastest mode because banks will be take time and I have deadlines to meet. Anyone can help in this
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9G88XSeX0

This video will surely help before you go for visa Application

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 9:57am On Mar 24, 2022
New update in Portugal Schools

Before you apply to any school in portugal, such student MUST LEGALISE his/her result. This just started this year.

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by chukshobayo: 3:41am On Mar 25, 2022
Bayobishow:

Before you apply to any school in portugal, such student MUST LEGALISE his/her result. This just started this year.

After spending much money on legalisation how sure are they to get admission cum visa. Can one with masters degree statement of result legalise it, since it seems strike is delaying convocation wherein the certificate can be processed? This is because I applied for PhD psychology though thought in Portuguese hereafter I saw your thread. I am yet to get response from the school. Also the issue of ielts or tofel is discouraging as the economic climate makes one calculative.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by chukshobayo: 3:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Bayobishow:

After spending much money on legalisation how sure are they to get admission cum visa. Can one with masters degree statement of result legalise it, since it seems strike is delaying convocation wherein the original certificate will be processed? This is because I applied for PhD psychology though taught in Portuguese hereafter I saw your thread. I am yet to get response from the school. Also the issue of ielts or tofel is discouraging.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 7:07am On Mar 29, 2022
chukshobayo:

After spending much money on legalisation how sure are they to get admission cum visa. Can one with masters degree statement of result legalise it, since it seems strike is delaying convocation wherein the original certificate will be processed? This is because I applied for PhD psychology though taught in Portuguese hereafter I saw your thread. I am yet to get response from the school. Also the issue of ielts or tofel is discouraging.

Honestly, before now Portugal do not ask students to legalise before admission would be given. They just started it this year. Legalising does not guarantee visa. When all your documents are complete and your funds, you would be granted by the grace of God.

Nigerians are not requested to do ielts because we are seen as an English speaking country

2 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
Some people requested that I create a link so that everyone can meet each other and share experiences.

Here is one and I hope it helps

I just created a link where all can ask questions and share experiences with one another.

https:///+v8pS4QYM9HllY2Vk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
chukshobayo:

Universidade nova de Lisboa, do not asked for legalised doc before applying, you can check that out

3 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by chukshobayo: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bayobishow:

Honestly, before now Portugal do not ask students to legalise before admission would be given. They just started it this year. Legalising does not guarantee visa. When all your documents are complete and your funds, you would be granted by the grace of God.

Nigerians are not requested to do ielts because we are seen as an English speaking country
Ok
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by HenryG(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
I will like to ask if spouse is allowed to work on full when the husband is on his Masters program.
Great work and I appreciate your generosity.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 5:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
HenryG:
I will like to ask if spouse is allowed to work on full when the husband is on his Masters program.
Great work and I appreciate your generosity.

A BIG FULL TIME. Reason why it is adviceable to bring in ur spouse immediately after you get your resident permit. As a matter of fact, immediately my hubby got his resident card, that SAME MONTH, he invited myself and the kids using schengen visa because family reunification takes time. I made a video on that

4 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Locomighty: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
Who applied for admission in utad or polytechnic of Leiria ?

I applied for both ,,but I think Utad will make sense ,coz of the fees but teaches in portugese but Leiera teaches in English but more expensive than UTAD ....

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Liadi2(m): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
Locomighty:
Who applied for admission in utad or polytechnic of Leiria ?

I applied for both ,,but I think Utad will make sense ,coz of the fees but teaches in portugese but Leiera teaches in English but more expensive than UTAD ....
Please can I use HND to apply for maater in this institution?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
I'm very sure this would help someone. The BEST way to come into Portugal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN9qqHqqkKE

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Locomighty: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
Liadi2:

Yes you can ,,,a guy told me he applied with his HND
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by trilacos: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2022
[url][/url]
Bayobishow:

I heard that you can pay tuition fees in Portugal installmentally,is it true? Can you give me a rough estimate of how much it is going to cost even though I hope it doesn't cost too much because there is no money.thanks
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by HenryG(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Bayobishow:

A BIG FULL TIME. Reason why it is adviceable to bring in ur spouse immediately after you get your resident permit. As a matter of fact, immediately my hubby got his resident card, that SAME MONTH, he invited myself and the kids using schengen visa because family reunification takes time. I made a video on that

Thie is great. Thank you for your response.
How do you see seeking for visa through Language course in Portugal. Will it still be a good one to secure job?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by GentlePEACE: 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
dorobybaby:
The journey began when my husband began sourcing for foreign school(scholarship). Lo and behold he got admission but no scholarship, so he turned them down. One of his friends who have been talking to him about Portugal advised him to apply to portugal but he practically refused because of the language barrier and again he wanted a country where he felt he could make it easily. Finally, hubby applied after much convincing that he would get funding when he gets the admission. At last he got admission but no funding, although he applied for one. One fateful day, hubby got a mail that an interview have been scheduled in the next 2days. Immediately, he got himself prepared and most especially got a very good Internet to avoid stories that touch. After some days the result were published and hubby came out 2nd on the list and the department needed just one person, so hubby missed that. We were so bittered after all the preparation and all of that. But his friend kept encouraging him to continue with the visa application that when he gets to Portugal he would definitely get funding. That was how the process began, the financial statements was a big issue. Where are we going to find one? Who do we know? All these questions flew to us, but one thing was certain this time around. Hubby had faith that could move mountain, he had made up his mind to get to Portugal. At last, he got one of his Oga, at the office to give him his statement of account letter and also a letter to back it up that he would sponsor his education (know that it is not a must to pay school fees before leaving Nigeria). So finally, he applied for his visa after all the normal documentations. Hmm.... the worst happened, after we had sold our landed properties so as to boost his own account statement. HE WAS DENIED!!!
Before he got the news of the denial, he was fortunate or should I say privileged to get the number of the "then" consular, who he asked to check the status of the visa. So after the consular confirmed it and saw that he was denied, hubby asked him for his best advice, so he told him to appeal but before he could submit he was invited for another interview and this time, he got it. Finally, he got the visa and moved to Portugal. When he got to Portugal, he got a far date for his appointment in order to process his resident permit, fortunately for him, he was able to bring the date forward. Fast forward, after 5months of getting to Portugal, he invited us using Schengen visa. That was how we all (myself and the kids) moved to Portugal and finally started a masters progam. The very first day I got to Portugal, I fell in love with the country and until now. My love for the country, they are nice, friendly and accommodating people. God bless Portugal

Like how much can one have in his personal account to boost the visa acceptance process?

Same with sponsors
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by confido2017: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2022
@Babyishow
Good day Ma, pls l went through ur video from Mathematics to Medical. Tried to get a course at University of Porto for my Masters.

B.Sc. (Accounting) but want to change to Medical or Engineering field.

I saw their courses anywhere on their portal.

Please drop any other useful link or help in the search.

Thank you
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Liadi2:

Yes, universidade de coimbra does that now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2022
GentlePEACE:

Like how much can one have in his personal account to boost the visa acceptance process?

Same with sponsors

One of my subscriber came January and his sponsor's account was a busy account, he had 4.8million naira and he only submitted his salary account with was having about 150,000. He was granted. He's in Portugal for his masters now. Basically, just ensure that the total tuition for one year, accommodation and feeding can be seen in the sponsor's acct. So, i think if you have about 5million upward from your acct.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
HenryG:

Thie is great. Thank you for your response.
How do you see seeking for visa through Language course in Portugal. Will it still be a good one to secure job?

Well, I won't advice that you use language course which is for one year to apply for visa from NIGERIA, 5 of my subscribers used that means and ALL were denied, not even one was given. The reason was same which is " these suspected that the applicant might not return to the home country". Infact, the former consular now has a Portuguese language school, you will be advised to apply in Nigeria, However, you can try and you would be granted, because every heads are not same. But the happenings at the embassy is not encouraging. We pray God heal our land
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
confido2017:
@Babyishow
Good day Ma, pls l went through ur video from Mathematics to Medical. Tried to get a course at University of Porto for my Masters.

B.Sc. (Accounting) but want to change to Medical or Engineering field.

I saw their courses anywhere on their portal.

Please drop any other useful link or help in the search.

Thank you

Yes, I was able to do that because I searched carefully. In that same video, i think I also showed ( shared my screen) that how someone who read economics could do course related to medical sciences. You have to take your time and search it well. if you send me msg on instagram, I can spare 10mins in doing that
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by confido2017: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
Thank you.

Pls what's ur handle on Instagram? or dropped your email address.

I will prefer on Engineering. (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)

Pls what's the economy like and getting of job after the Masters. Already working in naija and earning smthg tangible just that l want to move.

I appreciate
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by GentlePEACE: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bayobishow:

One of my subscriber came January and his sponsor's account was a busy account, he had 4.8million naira and he only submitted his salary account with was having about 150,000. He was granted. He's in Portugal for his masters now. Basically, just ensure that the total tuition for one year, accommodation and feeding can be seen in the sponsor's acct. So, i think if you have about 5million upward from your acct.

Thanks so much for your response. I'm already working on getting my transcript
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by callJesu: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
1 Can the sponsor be a family or siblings who is presenting statement of accounts from outside Nigeria, say Australia or US.

2 Please what are the documents such kind of sponsors (international) can submit to proof genuinely they are sponsors

Bayobishow:

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2022
confido2017:
Thank you.

Pls what's ur handle on Instagram? or dropped your email address.

I will prefer on Engineering. (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)

Pls what's the economy like and getting of job after the Masters. Already working in naija and earning smthg tangible just that l want to move.

I appreciate

It's Bayobishow on Instagram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year / Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. / Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.