Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Am I Not Making A Mistake? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Not Making A Mistake? (39734 Views)

Am I Not In A Toxic Relationship Like This? / Am I Making A Mistake? / I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by GooodHardDick: 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:

One chance i tell you my brother

There's nothing like one chance here, abi dem charm u nii?

That girl and her mother are looking for a way to suck you dry! i'm sure her mother was a single mother when she gave birth to her.

Alaye dump that girl sharp sharp and move on abeg. There are girls everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Shalommy(f): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:
Party will follow the payment?
No, just the bride price.
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Her mum is in her late 30s...

How old is the girl ? _______
e be like say the mom dey way ward and na so the babe be too but op no wan shine him eye
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Op run ooo that family no Decent at all e be like say love don enter your eye

2 Likes

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by ukaface(f): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:
Good morning nairaladers, pls pardon my errors.
I met this girl late last year, she's nice, godly and has most of the qualities i want in a wife. i love her, though her dad is late and her mum should be in her late thirties.
Yesterday we were chatting and she was like her dad didn't do the necessary rites on her mum and hence according to tradition i will have to pay her mum's bride price to her family before i will be allowed to start her own (my babe) marriage rites. I just weak cos have never heard of such. Where i won see the money for double bride price?
Pls nairaladers, have any of you come across such ridiculous tradition or she's making it up herself cos i feel like quiting the whole thing.
I just tire. Your opinions are welcomed

I'll appreciate lalasticlala if this topic is moved to front page for wider audience.
Thanks
which kind tradition be this one again.
Na you dey marry her mama? Why you go come pay her bride price? Orisirisi

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Karleb(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
grin grin grin

If this is true then fucck that stupid culture.

Nansense! angry

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by yuping(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
undecided Nothing I no hear for this place, SMH and you are even thinking about it.
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by McEphiks(m): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:

Then any of her family members should do the needful and not disturb me, haba.
Let's assume i should pay, what's next after that? I go come dea lash her too ni?

Stop overreacting. It's nothing serious as you're taking it.

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Medianna:
You for mention the state at least, if not the local govt.

It will help you get a more appropriate response, now even people who don't know anything about it, like us will put mouth
Ok. Modified

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
shantti:
I don't think u r the one to pay the bride price. The girls father has to pay his wife's bride price so he can be eligible to collect his daughter's bride price
I guess you didn't digest the write-up, here dad is late. The mum is a widow
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
GooodHardDick:
OP, I'll kindly advise you to dump that girl asap and move on with ur life. angry

That girl and her mother are looking for a way to suck you dry! i'm sure her mother was a single mother when she gave birth to her.

Alaye dump that girl sharp sharp and move on abeg. There are girls everywhere!
She is the best girl have come across so far, it will be difficult leaving her
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
ibechris:
That statement from such a lady is grossly irresponsible and this goes to show how irresponsible the father is for not marrying her mum properly and for u,u had better leave the road u walkng on.

Na bush u dey go so.
I guess I will have to talk to her people i no fit pay mother n daughter price abeg
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by GooodHardDick: 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:

She is the best girl have come across so far, it will be difficult leaving her

Oga, You better stop simping around and leave that girl asap. The earlier the better!

No say we no warn you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
yuping:
undecided Nothing I no hear for this place, SMH and you are even thinking about it.
Am not thinking of anything,, i wanted to know if anyone has come across such tradition before
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Truvelisback(m): 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Candidlady:
sad
Her mum is in her late 30s...
How old is the girl ? _______
Na for here the story get K-leg.
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by GooodHardDick: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:

I guess I will have to talk to her people i no fit pay mother n daughter price abeg

Then leave her nah. Kilode? angry

Which kind simp be this one Abi dem charm u ?

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun pls make una do the needful
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
GooodHardDick:

Oga, You better stop simping around and leave that girl asap. The earlier the better!

No say we no warn you!
You harsh

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Yazzn: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2022
Bride price be how again talking as if it is in millions the fact your intention is to marry the daughter that changes every narrative what they need from you is just money the girl's fathers relative can do that withouth you been there so its no reason to back out if the girl is worth it atleast she was clear abt it at early stage man
This is absolutely no big deal you can do that without getting involved . Where am from bride price is usually the smallest money denomination what you should fear is list but the lady is already widowed so they wont be list in this one

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by GooodHardDick: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:

You harsh

In this life my brother, u don't need to be gentle and be acting nice guy. If not people go use u play tire, esp Nigeria girls.

You need to be tough, be an alpha!!!!

Take our advice and dump that girl asap!

1 Like

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by DanielAlhassan(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
I no dey caprisun your caprisun

Sound like her mama nah graduated olosho

How the take born her if the no marry her mother sad

2 Likes

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
GooodHardDick:

In this life my brother, u don't need to be gentle and be acting nice guy. If not people go use u play tire, esp Nigeria girls.

You need to be tough, be an alpha!!!!

Take our advice and dump that girl asap!
Thanks bro, i do appreciate
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Drsnives(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na for here the story get K-leg.
How e take get k leg? the mum is very young, have met her personally. According to my babe she gave birth very early
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by KJtemi: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
Zonefree:

Late 30s could be 38.
Say the girl is 20. Her mum gave birth to her at 18.

Why asking her age? Is 20 not old enough for marriage? Or giving birth at 18 is a sacrilege in your village?
giving birth at 18 is too Young
Marriage at 20 is bullshit

You the guy are still in your player stage,testing the waters while the girl is in hoeing stage or at least one of you are in this stage which would lead to problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Truvelisback(m): 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:

How e take get k leg? the mum is very young, have met her personally. According to my babe she gave birth very early
How old is the girl if her mum is 30? Did she give birth to her at the age of 12?

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
some threads are to funny to be real....
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Ladycewhy(f): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
That's nonsense even if it's tradition ,it needs to be abolished.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by TechNana(f): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Well tradition is tradition

See this https://www.nairaland.com/6705451
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by Emekus92(m): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Drsnives:
Good morning nairaladers, pls pardon my errors.

I met this girl late last year, she's nice, godly and has most of the qualities i want in a wife. i love her, though her dad is late and her mum should be in her late thirties.

Yesterday we were chatting and she was like her dad didn't do the necessary rites on her mum and hence according to tradition i will have to pay her mum's bride price to her family before i will be allowed to start her own (my babe) marriage rites. I just weak cos have never heard of such. Where i won see the money for double bride price?

Pls nairaladers, have any of you come across such ridiculous tradition or she's making it up herself cos i feel like quiting the whole thing.
I just tire. Your opinions are welcomed

Modified: she's from obiaruku in ukuwani local government area of Delta State.
Make the mama gather money give u make u go pay. Make ur 1 naira no join the rubbish oo
Re: Am I Not Making A Mistake? by iLiquidator: 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
McEphiks:

It is like that where I come from as well. Its nothing like double bride price... its just little things most times less than 10 percent of what you'd spend paying your wife to be bride's price

A daughter can't be married when the mom is not according to out tradition.

Modified: the bride price can be paid by anybody in the family either her brothers or her son if she have a grown son.
Will she serve the same purpose as his wife in za oza rum??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / It Started With A Look / Man Carries His Beautiful Fiancee On His Shoulder In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.