Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. (37074 Views)

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / My Mom Doesn't Appreciate Me. How Do I Handle This? / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by PROPEACE: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport
*Snacks for the kids and miscellaneous on her own side.
Let the man make it like 70k at least.

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep
Next time read before spewing trash!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by kenzysmith: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
Malory:
Then he should stop giving her any amount at all until her brain reset
maybe Her Dad his wealthy
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Harddiskng(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
The truth is that with Nigeria current economy 50k(less than a $100) can't sustain a family of four, make the husband reason am
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport

Even me single guy with no responsibility spend more than that a week sometimes not to talk of family of 4

Modified:
Sorry I didn't read the post well I thought the 50k was for food stuff and her up keep

Lool when your wife is also good earning

You are a joker! Sir
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Cardealer2021(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
PROPEACE:

Next time read before spewing trash!
Okay

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Thinktwicemybro: 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mercychen:
Start handling the upkeep yourself. Don't give her a dime again.

Maybe she has friends she's trying to compete with or brag to about how much her mumu gives her for upkeep.

Maybe she's also saving part of it.

If truly the money is only for upkeep, then shes not prudent. Stop giving her altogether.

You are wrong. Your are obviously not married. The problem is the man. 50k a month is average of 6k every market day. That cannot feed a family of 4 when you have to buy rice, oil, grandnut oil and beans out of it.

Why I say the man is at fault?

He should not make his wife a full time house wife. He should open business for her. If what's the business brings a month is 30k profit for instance, that will make the total 80k and she won't complain again.

A man should not complain when they make their wife full time house wife, except she is lazy and refuse to work, then the man can complain.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by PROPEACE: 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2022
Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..
Did you not read where he said she has a good job? Read or shut the fuçk up!
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by WoundedLamb: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
esanmantruth:
Which markets she dey buy things? This is how you spoils women. When she was living with her father with many children, ask her how much her father dropped for her mother before she her self got married?

But we need to ask ourselves, did her father have the same standard of living as her husband, the OP? We don't know the kind of things OP eats, the kind drinks he takes, etc. 50k is big but it's not up to N1,500 per day and depending on the family lifestyle, that may not be much. That's why only the OP can tell if the wife is cheating or not. I suggest he shocks her with a market survey based on what the family eats and see what her defence would then be.

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Kajaard: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
harsysky:
Family issues ain't brought into social media. People who have no iota of knowledge will tell you how they feel a standard family should be whereas they can't even handle just a GF comfortably.

She is your wife; you know her better than everyone. Sit her down and talk to her. If God doesn't help incases like this, say bye bye to that marriage. Before you know it, one Yahoo guy of 17yrs go carry the wife .

You were making little sense until you ended it with that: one yahoo guy of 17yrs go carry your wife. That's absolute nonsense.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by esanmantruth: 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
Na you first start am. Marriage is of two not one person. Children are not much she is saying all this? Market days normally is every 4 to 5 days right? Now if we have 6 market days a month that means you are sending her market with 9k every month. The truth is that do you have everything in the house like grand-nut oil and red oil with other things ? My brother the truth is that it will not be enough but you must teach her how to manage, because baby food will still be there. Just try and encourage her and she should learn how to manage pls. Is not easy this time. Please she still need to bring her money into the family because if you start it alone like this you will faint and die. Many are working both couples earned less than 60k and with 3 children and they will pay school fees, house rent and other things but still happy and okay. Change your plans learn to buy everything at home and be giving her just 5k every 5 days to buy only meat or fish to cook the food.

BluntNigerian:
FROM MY INBOX.

Please He Needs Advice.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Toktee(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
on4a:
Dear poster,

This is an easy problem to resolve. I am sharing this with you as someone who also supports the wife monthly.

You have given her 50k for the past two years? From your perspective are prices still same across Nigeria in the last two years? Inflation is on the high side and you need to consider her request more compassionately.

Here is what you can do. Both of you should seat and plan how to increase your family income. Either she starts a business or you check for a new job. You need to respond to her more compassionately showing that you understand that things are on the high side.

Responding without compassion would make her feel you think she is spending your money on something else or stealing from you.

God has special favour on the marriage union when the couples are united. So you should both agree and pray on how to increase your income. This can be resolved easily.

God bless your home.
Ask your self this oga...how many people is she feeding with 50k?
The poster buys rice,pay bills outside this 50k yet she is complaining for what?
What and what did she normally buys with 50k?

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by abbey621(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
Did you marry your wife or did she marry you? This question is very important because based on the answer you'll be able to get appropriate advice. If she's the one that married you, basically she did your ugly babboon looking ass a favor and she's out of your league then my broda step up your game or she'll leave your ass. Now if you're a real nigga and you married her then for freaking sake MAN UP! Even if you no get shin shin, she has no right to disrespect you but that's not even the case here. You dey drop 50k, dey buy food items dey pay for utilities and extras and she still carry fire head? Make I no talk say thunder fire her left yansh grin.

Guy listen well and listen well well, you are already exhibiting signs of serious health conditions, no woman no matter how much you love her is worth dying over. I repeat NO WOMAN! First thing is first, take back control of your home by sitting her down and laying down your grievances, if she refuses to yield, tell those grievances to her parents or family memebrs, if that also fails, find someone she respects and let it be known to him or her.

Finally, if all else fails, create space. Leave on a trip of one month or more, NO DROP SHIN SHIN, I repeat NO DROP SHIN SHIN. What you'll realize is that she'll do one of two things when you return, she'll either have a brain reset and appreciate what you have been given her or she'll leave. Either way the problem goes away. For a woman that appreciates the days of 50k will surely appreciate the days of 200k and one that does not appreciate the days of 50k, will surely leave your ass sooner or later........PEACE!

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Ombudsman1: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport

Modified:

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife

Try dey read things well, make them no go kill you

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Tie ba e!!! grin grin grin
cheesy wink cheesy grin grin grin
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:

You are wrong. Your are obviously not married. The problem is the man. 50k a month is average of 6k every market day. That cannot feed a family of 4 when you have to buy rice, oil, grandnut oil and beans out of it.

Why I say the man is at fault?

He should not make his wife a full time house wife. He should open business for her. If what's the business brings a month is 30k profit for instance, that will make the total 80k and she won't complain again.

A man should not complain when they make their wife full time house wife, except she is lazy and refuse to work, then the man can complain.

The man buys the basic foodstuff. Read it again.

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Seankhalifa: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mercychen:

Maybe she has friends she's trying to compete with or brag to about how much her mumu gives her for upkeep.

If truly the money is only for upkeep, then shes not prudent. Stop giving her altogether.

oil dey ur head... because this guy dey among the middle class in Nigeria... plenty people no fit give 50k for food stuff and she dey work join.... he should just tell her to add from her salary...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by MPESA(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport

Modified:

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary I thought she was a full house wife

Please irrespective of your modification, how much are you giving to your wife every month if 50k is too small?.
Apart from 50k for feeding another 30k for her transport on daily totalling 80k per month...

Hopefully you are giving your family more than 80k per month, if not kindly delete your post.

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Jmichael1(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
Toktee:
Na lie abeg there is something else she is using that money....the husband,a baby of less tha . two years and another 9yrs..
Na elephants she the feed?
Is she the only one going to the market?
What happened to her salary,what is her contributions in all this?
She is nothing but a selfish lady if i were the op she will not see anything more than that 50k....i hate women that thinks they are born to enjoy man's sweat without contribution.

I cannot/cannever get hbp because of someone's daughter.

my kind of niggar...notin do u bro

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Kajaard: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ombudsman1:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Cardealer2021(m): 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ombudsman1:

As in bro wink the mood when I take first open thread na very bad mood, so I no fit comprehend anything I be think say the 50k na for foodstuffs and the wife upkeep cheesy
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Thinktwicemybro: 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Mercychen:

The man buys the basic foodstuff. Read it again.
He buys only rice. Either way, he cannot carry the family load alone. The woman should start business. Women like certain independence.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by reidkrugger(m): 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
chatinent:
I don't understand what you'll take on after we advise you but if I were in your shoes, I'll sit her down and talk sense into her.
No petting!
No sweet names!

It's a legit: “let this be the first and last time you talk to me in that way. And here is how it is going to be: you are going to be using N30k each month to cook for the next six months until you learn to manage. Most families feed with N7k weekly on food for more than three persons and you are making me look stupid giving you N50k with some other sums for misc for just you, the baby, and I...when I also provide money for bulk purchases. I warn you, don't angry me, and you've been banned from requesting additional money from me till further notice!”

You try, but I was thinking something like agonyi ewa 100 in the morning plus bread 100. She skips noon, we get together in the evening for dinner.
Sometimes you fit jus do her 010. Na noise she go make. After like 6mths or 1year, she go use her brain. Na she go de advice you sef.
Be guarded though, you could lose her in the process as in make she pack out. So think am well.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Mrbenny001: 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
What does couples discuss when they are together, Or when they are on bed before sleeping at night... No matter how much you give a woman with no plan, no communication... infact she is even working... how much is she putting into family upkeep...how do people have joy in being irresponsible.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Emmanuel30a: 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:
*She will buy food stuff
*Transport

O man... What d victim(husband) is giving 2 her wife is manageable & reasonable.The wife can assist with her own money 2 compliment d husband. Imagine giving 50000 just 4 food per/month- the wife can compliment it with 15000-20000. Imagine other expenses man would always come across including daily #1000 4 wifes' transport fare. Cut ur cloth according 2 ur size&available material... There is no need 2 buy d cloth let alone cut it if or when d available material is not up 2 ur size. Manage ur marriage dont damage it.But y marry without talking abt how&what Harry(H)&Mary(W) wud carry?

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by Toktee(m): 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cardealer2021:

Abeg forgive me I didn't even read the part that the lady also has salary.
No sir....
It is well.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by seyz91(m): 8:09pm On Mar 21, 2022
Read the thread well before commenting

The lady works and a good job at that and the man also gives her 1k daily for her transport

Goldbw122:
Well before you marry her, I know that you it was manageable because the country was easy before but now the country is a more complex situation now, we are at war in a silent way, 50k will not be enough to take care of family a month trust me, she is not doing any job, so how will she cope.. and everything rely on you.. so there is a problem, so you need to fix the problem by telling her to start a job or do something like a trade.. and make something good..

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by maak400: 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Don't mind him, he's a bloody liar.
BluntNigerian:
What type of food have you been feeding yourself with, that you consume more than N50,000 every week just on feeding?
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by andyanders: 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Goldbw122:
Why can't u read and comprehend what op stated? That he gets bulk food items. She works and he gives her #1k everyday. She is a thief. Op, make sure u grow ur income to the like of dangote, if not, ur wife will take off, or start fvcking outside to get money.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by nnenwa5: 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
Since the Lady is working, she should help out. Anywhere the 50k finish, let her continue from there with her own money. When I was a stay-at-home, aka housewife. It is from the savings from the upkeep money that I use to supplement before month-end. I understand her plight because I have been there, but she needs to consider the man's income and use that to plan.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by jagjag: 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2022
This will be really hard on you. You need to stop giving her money for a while.
Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by slimjohn2k5: 8:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
Sincerely it is not easy. I give my wife 60k, we HV a baby but it is not enough

1 Like

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by wallrichy: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
I love your contribution but that wouldn't bring any peace to this guy for now. Remember he has HBP already and doesn't need any aggravation right now. Some women don't know or appreciate a good husband when they have one on a platter of gold. Who get cap no get head kind of situation.

Mercychen:

Re: His Wife Doesn't Appreciate House-keeping Allowance Of N50,000. by ransomed: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
Stop giving her 1k every day, increase the monthly kitchen budget to 70k and let her return the boy to his parents. Whoever can kpekus and it results to a baby should be able to father the baby.
Do not listen to sentimental plea from an unappreciative Eve.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / How Much Income Is Reasonable Before Marriage? / Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel — Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.