Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,951 members, 7,828,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult (68371 Views)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Live Abroad Or Faraway Cope Without Sex? / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by gazilion: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

It's 18months I have been separated and there is no getting back together.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

I just need some words of encouragement.

Its really not easy and it has become some sort of distraction.

The reason I do not want to have a male friend is because of my fear for God.

Father, help your daughter and quench this fire in the name of Jesus.

Grace to stay pure and remain holy, grant to her in Jesus Name.

It is well ma.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Baba40(f): 10:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Gainman:
if u want to live without sin. Go and settle with your husband. Because if u are a good wife, husband will never leave you. Secondly

I think she left the husband instead the way she left was on a bitter note... Her pride wont let her go back to beg, yet, the olosho is shouting God
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by frankoben(m): 10:45am On Mar 25, 2022
Body no be firewood, find some to bleep asap
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Mamijoh(f): 10:45am On Mar 25, 2022
Its not easy, but..the LORD is your strength
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Arizoner: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2022
perousd:

Don't mind him. We are biological beings. Sex is a biological need just like food. The problem is lust just like gluttony with food.
That's why Paul advised those that can hold their body to get married. People bring scriptures out of context when it suits them. Don't fall for that trap.
does God feel hórny?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by dododawa1: 10:49am On Mar 25, 2022
I don't believe this story but I advise I have for you is that MARRY JESUS Christ in faith, ADULTERY is a sin.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by zakkxx: 10:51am On Mar 25, 2022
What do you think you will find out here; if your husband has not remarry try and win him back!! Men will just use and dump you!! Now you know the importance of a man!! If you remarry you will burn in hell; it’s a hard facts! If you try to have a male friend na use and dumb be wise oo.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Arizoner: 10:51am On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Don’t mind that guy he’s an extremist and sometimes interpret the Bible out of context.

Yes, when Jesus was addressing sexual immorality, what Jesus said is that it’s not only after fvcking somebody you are not married to that u have committed a sin....but if you lust after after somebody, I.e imagine or fantasizing that you are fvking somebody that you are not married to u have also committed adultery.

He ddnt say having sex feelings or feeling like having sex is a sin...
do

Sex is basic biology...the feelings will come..the urge is not a sin....that’s one of the reason we should not be alone but married when we get to our adult stage..

That’s said, you may be promoting your sexual urges by watching pòrn or other sexual contents...
The mind is powerful..what you feed it with is what it will dominate your thinking and dreams with..
.reduce them sexual contents and get busy...and u’ll realize the urge will be lesser...

Pele....
why did god allow us to have sexual feelings if he doesn't like sin?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Exkandayee(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:
I'm trying hard to live a life free from sin and sexual immorality and I am doing pretty well but of recent, my hormones/body have been raging and I am finding it difficult to cope.

Were you ever in my situation, how did you overcome without involving in sex/masturbation?

How old are you please,
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by GardenOfGod(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided
What is the encouraging words of advice in your epistle to her now? undecided
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Arizoner: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2022
SugarGirl44:
Have you been eating since your separation?
Have you been sleeping?
Have you been urinating?
All these are part of being a living thing just like having sex, sex is not a sin and God didn't send you message.
Just do it responsibly, like a human, not having it with any and everybody like an animal, and you're just fine dear.
Stop adding more pressure to your life.
Say yes to one of your numerous admirers and be satisfied, life is for the living.
I'm sure your ex is having the time of his life wherever he is while you're disturbing yourself unnecessarily.
Dunno why women like putting pressure on themselves.
I'm in a similar situation and trust me I no dey carry last, I'm even more sexually satisfied than when I was with my ex.
meaning fornication is not a sin
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Kaytex: 10:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If God is really who you claim to want to please by your choice, then you want to make sure you have the right information to help you on your path. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, what is sin is not what you refer to as sexual immorality- fornication, masturbation, homosexuality etc. - instead sin is the lust in your heart towards another - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 - those fantasies and longings for sex are what constitute sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

So while you claim you have not physically engaged in what is sexually immoral activities in the 18 months period, that all means nothing when you consider that the sin is that committed in your mind/heart and not the physical activity itself. undecided
This is misleading.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Optimistic4life(f): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Baba40:

I think she left the husband instead the way she left was on a bitter note... Her pride wont let her go back to beg, yet, the olosho is shouting God

You are the Olosho.

I blame the moderator who pushed this post to the front page.
I preferred it in the section it was and the responses were very mature.

Now the whole post have been bastardized by silly, untrue and irrelevant comments.

Anyway I stopped reading when it was 3 pages.

I won't read further again.

3 Likes

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Arizoner: 10:56am On Mar 25, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Don't mind the guy sis. He's a known heretic on Nairaland. He even said he doesn't believe in the Bible because Jesus never said we should believe in any book. So many heresies from from that messanger of Satan.

Desires or longing for sex isn't sin. What constitutes sin is lust.

Keep strong sis. Ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen you. Talk to your pastor's wife about your predicaments. She'll give you Godly counsels. Consider reuniting with your husband is possible. If not, consider remarrying.

You will finish strong in Jesus name.
is it a sin to lust after your church member?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Arizoner: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2022
agabaI23:
Sexual urge is natural and it is no sin. What is sin is giving in to sexual urge and acting on it. She has been resisting the urge.
so when am hórny, I shouldn't have sex?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by ogwumgbe: 11:00am On Mar 25, 2022
udoji2021:

Chai!
who and who will make heaven liedis?

By grace bro and not by works, that's simple, you are saved by What Jesus Christ did and not what you do
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by donmik: 11:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

What is really your advice for her now?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:01am On Mar 25, 2022
SugarGirl44:
Have you been eating since your separation?
Have you been sleeping?
Have you been urinating?
All these are part of being a living thing just like having sex, sex is not a sin and God didn't send you message.
Just do it responsibly, like a human, not having it with any and everybody like an animal, and you're just fine dear.
Stop adding more pressure to your life.
Say yes to one of your numerous admirers and be satisfied, life is for the living.
I'm sure your ex is having the time of his life wherever he is while you're disturbing yourself unnecessarily.
Dunno why women like putting pressure on themselves.
I'm in a similar situation and trust me I no dey carry last, I'm even more sexually satisfied than when I was with my ex.

Terrible advise.

Sex is not a sin, but how you use it can be sinful.

You can have sex with your spouse.

But sex outside marriage is a sin.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Arizoner: 11:01am On Mar 25, 2022
Schprobs:

Konji Nah bastard esp when u have high libido
No verse in Bible or Quran can save u

Masturbate if u can
Or look for one responsible ashawo man but in a far distance and enjoy his dick in peace
God will understand nature can't be cheat.
I dey look for big booty girls wey I go straff. You fit hep me?
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by murphybo(m): 11:01am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

If you dont want to remarry or reconcile with your husband...most of single mothers uses two options, is either they Marry a Love Machine or have a sugar boy to satisfy the urge. Choose wisely
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Are you by any chance confusing sexual urge with sexual desire
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by jesustheissue: 11:04am On Mar 25, 2022
Question 1: Are the issues with your spouse irreconcilable?
You mentioned the fear of God and staying clear of sin so I presume you know the word of God. Highly commendable but it leads to the second question, Was your marriage established upon the foundation of Jesus Christ? If yes, then your issues with your husband can be sorted out with proper counsel from the word of God. If no, then you still need God's word and counsel to lead you to re-establish things or to move on in the right direction. God is willing to help you if you let Him
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Testimony1988(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2022
Go back to your husband.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Maconstruct(m): 11:07am On Mar 25, 2022
Go back to yr hubby.
Ask him 4 forgiveness even if he is at fault.
Yu might not find someone less troublesome than him.
All women should defend their homes like she-wolves.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2022
If your toto dey scratch you fvck o but use protection no let Christianity deceive you.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Leo10000(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2022
dawnomike:
I really do understand what you are going through... Be strong Sis
Shey someone died ni grin grin grin
Ordinary sex la san
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by simplesearch: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Definitely but divorce isn't finalized.

What's the cause of the divorce, cos God is against it.
If you're properly married and a holy child of God as you claim, why will your husband want to divorce you? Who in his right mind divorces a virtuous woman.
Unfortunately, once married always married. Read this text below, if you really want to make heaven or else apologize to your husband, and if need be swallow your pride if it's a fault from you and return back to your home. But if it's not your fault and probably that of a stubborn or arrogant man who will not be persuaded, then while you remain single you need to continue in prayer for yourself and him, and be ready to wait on God for as long as it takes for him to come through in his own ways for you both. Remember bitterness and resentment won't do but love and faith.

Luke 16:18
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

From the above scripture neither you nor your husband can remarry after divorce, whoever marries you becomes an adulterer automatically, and yourself an adulteress, and if your husband does same too he becomes and adulterer.

1 Corinthians 7:10
And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Romans 7:1
Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Romans 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
1 Corinthians 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

No law court supercede the law of God. Keep praying, with faith and humility there is nothing impossible with God. There is an apt example I want you to see in the scripture of a woman who lost her husband and stayed without remarrying for the rest of her life, copy her example and don't allow modernist concept and lust of the flesh push you into eternity in the lake of fire. Adultery or fornication profits nothing, it is a short momentary excitement that leaves a lasting sorrow.

Luke 2:36
And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
2:37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

Spend more time on your knee going forward than social media, till you receive a definite answer from the Lord. If you don't fight your battle no one else will fight it for you. Don't allow a stranger or the devil to overturn your home, cast out the spirit of divorce from your life and reclaim your home.

1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

May God's mercy found you as you seek his face. Slalom!
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Toks2008(m): 11:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Go get a sx toy.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Toks2008(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

Definitely but divorce isn't finalized.

Babe, masturbatn is not a sin. Quote me in heaven.

As long as you don't let it control you, it is better than commiting fornication which is having sex outside marriage.

Go get a intimacy gadget of reasonable size and please yourself whenever your body needs it. God made our body to want sex so you can't pray or wish the urge away, the more you subdue it the stronger it gets.

Life is not hard, stop being hard on yourself.
Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by fenoll05: 11:16am On Mar 25, 2022
Bros, this one wey you write like this ehn, I no believe am and I no gree. Temptations are normal in the life of every individual. Desires are natural things created by God Himself. The sin is in giving life to those desires or falling to those temptations. Don't make the lady feel she has sinned by the mere reason of feeling the desire to be with s man. Mbok, talk the one wey God talk abeg.
Kobojunkie:

Re: Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult by Solatium(m): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2022
Optimistic4life:

[b][b]i have to go back to read the preceding topic that lead you here to have a background information, having got that info
Several things came to my mind
Marriage,Fling,intimacy gadgets and the rest,but let me warn you, DON'T TOW THE LINE OF THISE RELIGIOUS FANATICS, this has nothing to do with biblical verses, it's purely a matter of wisdom, discretion and tact.

Marriage:- Though it's possible for you to remarry but with 3 kids already on your neck,i must be honest with you the chances are slim, majority of today's men don't want to shoulder responsibilities that are not there,even if you are capable of taking those responsibilities,how about the distractions that come from that? obviously your partner won't enjoy the needed attention,that was why I said the chances are slim.

Fling:- Since you are separated you can have your fun,it's your life and your business,so many men will date you for the free Sex,yes the free Sex alone, but unfortunately you seems to be the religious type,you might not want to do that.

intimacy gadget's:- This seems to be the safest and surest option for now,get one to fill in the Gap,at least for now,but from what I heard from single mothers who have them,its not like the real thing.

Lastly Since your divorce is not finalized,look for all means to settle with your husband,meet his family,his friends, colleagues that he respects,your clergy,your mutual friends,your family, go to him personally and apologize for all that has happened, don't argue don't try to put up any justification for your past actions look for all means possible to settle with him,i am sure he will give it a second thought.[/b]
[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

I Have Never Seen The Full unclothedness Of My Husband, Is This Right? / 'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.