Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays (32680 Views)

My Discovery About Private Schools / Do Not Pay Too Much Attention To The People, True Life Story / Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Nobody: 10:44am On May 04, 2022
No too reason am private school be like 419 u go teach from 8am to 4pm at the end of the month the manager will say the money is not completed make una come next month

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Ashirioluwa: 10:44am On May 04, 2022
Ekitischool:
Sometimes, I'm surprised when I read things like this. A graduate earning 15k as a teacher? I guess it's because such teachers don't want to leave their comfort zones. If you can teach in Ekiti State, send your CV to ekitischool@gmail.com. Least salary is 30k and some schools will offer you free accommodation.

30k job after college degree is nothing but a shame to our society. Just tell me how a man can survive or have a better life with 30k?

How can one HELP his/her parents who paid through all means so that one can complete this education?

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Ropostic120(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2022
Ekitischool:
Sometimes, I'm surprised when I read things like this. A graduate earning 15k as a teacher? I guess it's because such teachers don't want to leave their comfort zones. If you can teach in Ekiti State, send your CV to ekitischool@gmail.com. Least salary is 30k and some schools will offer you free accommodation.

Do such schools employ HND graduates?
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Delaw44(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2022
Same experience.
Loved to teach especially seeing those child smiling and loving what you're given them. The pay and when to be paid is not encouraging at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by zedegit: 10:45am On May 04, 2022
SavageResponse:

To know the answer to your question I suggest you set up your own school then during holidays when there is no money coming in you go and take money from your personal savings to pay your teacher let us see if that school will survive for up to 2 years!

What you people don't understand is that some schools pay 12 months and some even pay for the 13th month to encourage their staff.

Most of the schools you people are complaining about are called mushroom schools. Imagine #15 000 that can't last me for 2 weeks feeding alone.

Wakeup, look for better schools or change location. Most of the people complaining are fearful of resigning for a better future so they are caged by their fears making them victims of their employers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by cathodekazim: 10:48am On May 04, 2022
Ekitischool:

Katikati

I earn close to 160k as a teacher.

Funny thing is my home lessons pay thrice as high as my basic salary. How and how is beyond my comprehension. It's only God. The key is find a school that doesn't hold on to your time, locate well paying parents. Find just 5 lessons. Bro you'll come back to share the testimony

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Justsylvia(f): 10:51am On May 04, 2022
That is why l dislike teaching job with passion . Teachers in the house l hail ooo much respect to una

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by bmasz(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2022
Kobicove:
All private school owners rely on tuition paid by students to pay salaries of teachers...everyone knows that most parents in Nigeria do not like to pay school fees of their wards on time undecided

But then...,

In most private schools, the school fees paid by one class is enough to pay all the teachers in the school their salary for the term; including holidays.

But will they pay, nope. They don't find it dignifing to pay their staff on time.

They would have to wait until the moral of the staff has ebbed before they pay.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by justmondris: 10:51am On May 04, 2022
After the armed robber school fees when each student Dey pay? What are they even doing with all the money? Most of them pay teachers peanuts, they don’t have good labs e.t.c. Where the money when them Dey collect for school fees dey go?
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Ropostic120(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2022
Bouncin:
This is so pathetic.
I know how much I earn as a single guy and still struggling not to talk of people in this category probably married. Chai! Nigeria is pathetic I swear.

The most stupid mistake I ever made in my life was getting married in this mess of teaching and collecting 20k per month.

I used faith but it backfired and the marriage broke within 2 years

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Thomasankara(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2022
ajepako:

Bros, I am a teacher in an elite A-Level college and I tell you, if I come to this world 100 times , I would be a teacher..

The perks of teaching in my institution?

6-figure salaries

Paid annual leave

Excellent lunch and breakfact

Salaries paid promptly by 26th of every month

School sponsored professional and self-development trainings nationally and internationally

13th-month salaries

Full payment of salaries even during 2 months of lockdown, ( with palliatives)

Approachable Executive Director ( God bless Mrs FKA)

Excellent welfare services for staff from junior to senior..

Nice accommodation for staff who live far

Flexible working time ( both online or physical) especially for a woman like me

I have lost count of so many online teaching professional diplomas my institution has paid for in Euros and dollars

The list is endless

I am not in a perfect place, but our complains are very very few..

Bros, teaching is the best if you are in a good and thriving school

Best wishes to all
Name of the school please

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Naustine(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2022
Was working as a private school teacher by this time last year, na during lockdown I know say I no get work.

Thank God things changed

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Yusy0041: 10:55am On May 04, 2022
It depends on the type of school.
My school pay me every month

3 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by mrlycan: 10:55am On May 04, 2022
I work in a private school. The best in Ondo State. Even if holiday is 1 year..you'll get your full pay. They stand out.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by emmy4real94(m): 10:55am On May 04, 2022
OPbsaid most schools don't pay, he didn't say all schools. You need to read for the sake of understanding...
Spaxon:
Most do still pay stipends.. always get facts and stats correct before you post them
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Ropostic120(m): 11:00am On May 04, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
There's a school that pays from January through December here on Akure. But the woman wicked like kilode.

She pays anytime she feels like but you'll surely get your money.

The proprietress was a former SSG of Ekiti State during Fayose's second term and had held several appointments in Ekiti State before then.

I won't mention the name of the school but it's located on Ado/Akure expressway, Igoba, Akure, Ondo State.

I am in Akure too

I teach at OKE ODU area
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by ladipo007: 11:01am On May 04, 2022
Some of the private schools pay during holidays,not even half I mean full salary.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by zedegit: 11:03am On May 04, 2022
ExcelDBM:

In this Nigeria? Haba madam! This your tale sounds incredulous to the ears.

How much is their school fees that they pay you 6 figures

Six figures start from #100 000. You don't think it's possible? Some schools take over #500 000 to millions as tuition fee.

Please you need to disengage your poverty mentality before you can progress.

3 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Perfectbeing(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2022
SavageResponse:

To know the answer to your question I suggest you set up your own school then during holidays when there is no money coming in you go and take money from your personal savings to pay your teacher let us see if that school will survive for up to 2 years!
That's not the issue. I know of a school that collect 80k as school fees and pays a salary of 30k to less than 25 staffs. The students in the school are more than 250. Yet this man still owe salaries. Most private school owners are just too wicked..

The teachers come to school 6 days a week and most of them take more than one subject yet they're still owed salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by EagleSquare1(m): 11:04am On May 04, 2022
Many still pay full salary. Those who do not pay have no good strategy to do that. Some have their hearts laced with greed as well.

Spaxon:
Most do still pay stipends.. always get facts and stats correct before you post them
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Newton2024: 11:04am On May 04, 2022
ajepako:

Bros, I am a teacher in an elite A-Level college and I tell you, if I come to this world 100 times , I would be a teacher..

6-figure salaries

Paid annual leave

School sponsored professional and self-development trainings nationally and internationally

13th-month salaries

I have lost count of so many online teaching professional diplomas my institution has paid for in Euros and dollars

The list is endless

Best wishes to all
You are among the 1% lucky Nigeria teachers.

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by zedegit: 11:05am On May 04, 2022
Ropostic120:

The most stupid miracle I ever made in my life was getting married in this mess of teaching and collecting 20k per month.

I used faith but it backfired and the marriage broke within 2 years

Please tell me it's a joke.

Did your have any children? What does your wife do?
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by LandMann: 11:05am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and no work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her during holiday. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

Two worst jobs in Nigeria:
1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

Please get a TEFL certificate free from teacherrecord and apply for English teaching jobs in Japan and Vietnam. It's better than wasting your time in this contraption called Nigeria where education is not valued and the government and political leaders are completely useless people being cheered on by equally stupid citizens

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by BabaIbo: 11:08am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and no work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her during holiday. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

Do you reside in Lagos?

What is your qualifications?

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by tragergeorge(m): 11:09am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun
Just imagine no wonder my secondary school teacher 20yrs ago till now never fit buy car, imagine a private school wen de collect 50k for a pri 1 pupil for just a term de pay the teacher 20k as salary
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Newton2024: 11:10am On May 04, 2022
Malawian:

15k for one class or all classes?
For all classes. Junior and senior classes.
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by zedegit: 11:12am On May 04, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

30k job after college degree is nothing but a shame to our society. Just tell me how a man can survive or have a better life with 30k?

How can one HELP his/her parents who paid through all means so that one can complete this education?

Do you have a better offer? Don't come here to form witch. Someone is earning #15k, another person offered to double the pay. You still looking for how to stop it yet you don't have any solution.

Are you not a witch?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Jokerman(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2022
Ekitischool:

So 30k na salary too
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Adeoyelee: 11:13am On May 04, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Deep...
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by ifycelebrity(f): 11:13am On May 04, 2022
Tokskob2008:
My own proprietress paid half of March salary and for April nobody should be expecting any thing even when we worked for 2weeks in April, first week and last week yet she isn't going to pay a dime.

Next payment will be this month end and it's most likely going to be half again... Honestly teaching as a profession in this country is a mistake. can't wait to get better option soon.
Chai thats bad

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by BabaIbo: 11:15am On May 04, 2022
ajepako:

6-figure salaries

Paid annual leave

13th-month salaries

The list is endless

Best wishes to all

Which rubbish teaching is the best?

Just say you have a good paying job(even the pay is peanut to some people) and don't open your mouth waaah to say what is not.

I have done teaching jobs with side gigs(home tutorials with good pays) in the past.

But if I have the opportunity of doing a teaching job in the best working environment in Nigeria or being a business man(medium enterprise OR higher), I will choose business over and over again.
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On May 04, 2022
sinkhole:
Just imagine what that guy said, quite unfair!
How many civil servants carry office work home? Teachers have no choice but to do so! I have seen a teacher marking students scripts, in her house, 7PM. This was a married woman with kids of her own to take care of!

If I discorvered that my children school do not pay their teachers on holidays, I will withdraw my children from such school!

I did not even know that you are the one who made the statement I quoted grin grin grin

How much school fess do you pay, hope not 10k per terrm?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female Police Officers Show How Ready They Are For 2023 General Elections (vid) / Pictures Of A Taxi Driver With No Legs Spotted In Lagos By A Nairalander / Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.