Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays (32689 Views)

My Discovery About Private Schools / Do Not Pay Too Much Attention To The People, True Life Story / Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Strokes: 10:08am On May 04, 2022
There will always be schools like that. My simple advice to you is to add enough value to yourself and get a big school that will appreciate your talent and pay you handsomely.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by sinkhole: 10:08am On May 04, 2022
Any proper teacher (NCE, BEd, PGDE, NTI registered) that is being maltreated by the employer can report to the ministry of education

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by BusinessPlan22: 10:08am On May 04, 2022
Spaxon:
Most do still pay stipends.. always get facts and stats correct before you post them

Few pls, not most

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Taiwojon(m): 10:09am On May 04, 2022
Most don't pay

Most pay.
Depends on the school you teach and stop trying to paint private school bad.

Anyway
No matter how bad life is.
There is hope for today and tomorrow through Jesus Christ.

Come, believe and accept him as your Lord and savior

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Tomilola360: 10:09am On May 04, 2022
I don't think teachers should be paid when they don't work.

If you work 2 weeks in a month, you should get the 2 weeks worth of pay.

However, the main issue that needs to be addressed is what teachers get paid. The salaries are ridiculously small. How teachers survive with this stipend surprises me.

And to say the school owners don't make enough money is a very big fat lie.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by wale2020: 10:09am On May 04, 2022
This is not true for all Private Schools. The good once do pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Bahamas95(m): 10:10am On May 04, 2022
That's because most of the school owners are very heartless......What these teachers do is engaging themselves with home lessons instead of staying idle without cash flow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by lite15(m): 10:12am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

Two worst jobs in Nigeria:
1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun
Don't Worry you'll get your reward in Heaven cheesy

1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Justiceleague12: 10:12am On May 04, 2022
Where I'm currently serving now, the principal do pay us, corpers during holidays and teachers too

7 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by sinkhole: 10:12am On May 04, 2022
Tomilola360:

However, the main issue that needs to be addressed is what teachers get paid. The salaries are ridiculously small. How teachers survive with this stipend surprises me.

There is no time that teachers do not work: they work at night and during the day, they work on weekends and during holidays!
During holidays, when students are relaxing, the teachers are already preparing for the next resumption. You can not just start preparing lesson notes and plans during school periods!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by orikoku: 10:12am On May 04, 2022
My school pay in full during holidays.

5 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Anaerobi(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2022
Sometimes, if I receive hoilday payment, I accept it but if I don't, I ask God for More Grace to wait for next month.

Because I know, no holiday last for 2months.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by BrutusOj(m): 10:15am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and no work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her during holiday. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun
Where is your location?
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by auwalyau: 10:15am On May 04, 2022
This is not fair.
Devilagentcap:
Why is it that most private school don't pay their workers during hoildays. Like once the term ends like this. Salary wnt be paid till when they start work again.

This isn't right now.

Please, what's your view about this policy, guy?

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Tomilola360: 10:15am On May 04, 2022
sinkhole:
There is no time that teachers do not work: they work at night and during the day, they work on weekends and during holidays!

in fact, the fact that student go on holidays shouldn't mean teachers should too. the schools can get them engaged in a way or the other. the cruelty in this part of the world is just alarming.

You are right. They go home, prepare lesson notes and all. those which cannot be done during work hours.

2 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Bouncin(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2022
This is so pathetic.
I know how much I earn as a single guy and still struggling not to talk of people in this category probably married. Chai! Nigeria is pathetic I swear.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Anaerobi(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2022
Tomilola360:

Please your statement is not true. It doesn't worth it.

You don't think they should be paid even on hoildays?

Your sentors and remembers are been paid even on months break, talk more of a teacher that gets a peanut as salary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by ExtremeDot: 10:16am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and no work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her during holiday. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

Don't wait for your next life to get a better job and live a better life. Take advantage of this current life.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Edyice: 10:17am On May 04, 2022
Unless you love teaching , unless teaching look like a hubby to you, don't do it

8 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Tomilola360: 10:17am On May 04, 2022
Anaerobi:

Please your statement is not true. It doesn't worth it.

You don't think they should be paid even on hoildays?

Your sentors and remembers are been paid even on months break, talk more of a teacher that gets a peanut as salary

and it's not right for those bunch of senetors and reps to get paid on holidays as well.
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Thryphosa(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2022
11 years ago, immediately after my NYSC, i took up a teaching job in a private school
in Ibadan when there was nothing to do. I did it for 4 months, one day I put a call through to my proprietress that I would not be coming again. Teaching job is very stressful and its not financially rewarding.

13 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by sinkhole: 10:18am On May 04, 2022
Tomilola360:

in fact, the fact that student go on holidays shouldn't mean teachers should too. the schools can get them engaged in a way or the other. the cruelty in this part of the world is just alarming.

You are right. They go home, prepare lesson notes and all. those which cannot be done during work hours.
Just imagine what that guy said, quite unfair!
How many civil servants carry office work home? Teachers have no choice but to do so! I have seen a teacher marking students scripts, in her house, 7PM. This was a married woman with kids of her own to take care of!

If I discorvered that my children school do not pay their teachers on holidays, I will withdraw my children from such school!

I did not even know that you are the one who made the statement I quoted grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Lamasta(m): 10:18am On May 04, 2022
Spaxon:
Most do still pay stipends.. always get facts and stats correct before you post them
Is stipends salary

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Flexy33: 10:19am On May 04, 2022
All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us.
Devilagentcap:
Why is it that most private school don't pay their workers during hoildays. Like once the term ends like this. Salary wnt be paid till when they start work again.

This isn't right now.

Please, what's your view about this policy, guy?

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Anaerobi(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2022
Tomilola360:

and it's not right for those bunch of senetors and reps to get paid on holidays as well.

Lol

Please say the Grace let's dimiss.
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by descarado: 10:19am On May 04, 2022
subsidywise18:
Why

1.Private schools rely on what parents pay, not on an allocation from the government.

2.Many times, parents don't pay on time....because poverty, issues, etc. Many times, parents withdraw from private schools and go public.

3.As a result, most private schools are short of money in the period when there is no school.

4.It's messy, yes, but if we propose the obvious solution (government taking over schools)...the government too would soon run out of cash to pay for the schools.

5.Note that private schools pay for overheads, supplies etc from their pocket. No government imprest or whatever to pay for such stuff.

6.That's why fees in private schools are high too.
Thank you.

Don't forget what they pay to ministry of education annually.
That's where more than half of their income go to.
You object, greedy staff will come and seal up your school.
Those doing well will readily pay.

People who can handle private school business are church owners cos they inject church fund at the first few yrs to keep the school running before they will see profit.

Others are backed by politicians. The elite ones has to add the ' abroad' flavour to attract parents and wards and they are very expensive. Their teachers earn very well too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by dontrulee: 10:20am On May 04, 2022
Alaye, no work no pay.
How will a private organization pay you for work you didn't do?? You can organize private coaching during the holidays to get extra cash.

Most teachers in private schools will not recieve pay for April because they worked only two weeks.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by bjprodint1: 10:21am On May 04, 2022
This has made my kids and i weak and hungry this holiday.20k 4 a month,no salary during holidays.i need a government teaching job

7 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Flexy33: 10:21am On May 04, 2022
All I wanna say is that, they don't really care about us.

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2022
There's a school that pays from January through December here on Akure. But the woman wicked like kilode.

She pays anytime she feels like but you'll surely get your money.

The proprietress was a former SSG of Ekiti State during Fayose's second term and had held several appointments in Ekiti State before then.

I won't mention the name of the school but it's located on Ado/Akure expressway, Igoba, Akure, Ondo State.
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by chaseblack(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2022
The private school I taught in Ondo pays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Taxi Driver With No Legs Spotted In Lagos By A Nairalander / Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.