Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! (62879 Views)

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by meneski(m): 7:05am On May 06, 2022
Comrade, you don ripe to position on your own na.
No vex oo but me I believe say make you no go that house again for now.
Bro find house rent, even if no be your level or kinda house...
Leave your pops man house for him first... Every were go good for you.
You no be tata now.
27years no be moimoi age ooo

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by lomprico(m): 7:07am On May 06, 2022
At 27 you should be thinking of staying on your own.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Broadmind: 7:07am On May 06, 2022
At 27yrs and still with your parents. Eating free food and not paying rents. Even a graduate, you no try at all.
Dey don see you finish.
You Papa is even nice.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by mukthar2000(m): 7:08am On May 06, 2022
Guy ur story too much, must u use iPhone and disobeyed ur Father instruction? Though I still cherished ur respect being an upcoming Yahoo boy u till respect ur father. But pls be a good boy pls.

Yahoo is dangerous to ur future

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Bahamas95(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2022
OP just get your own apartment, you have over stayed your welcome in that house......Even your sister couldn't talk some sense into him. He will continue treating you like a teenager as long as you're still under his roof. What provoked me in your story was when he insulted your late mother. I feel hatred in the heart of your father.

You better leave now!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by pannyman(m): 7:10am On May 06, 2022
@OP, the reason why your father can dictate to you what kind of phone to use is because you live under his roof. In other words, you are still a dependent. You should make it a priority to take care of independent and get a place of your own. You said it was a brand new iPhone. OK, part of the money you used to buy that phone could have been used to pay for an apartment . If you can afford such an expensive phone, brand new then you can afford to stay on your own. At 27 you are a grown man.

Act like a man and your dad will show you the respect you deserve, and most importantly, he won't interfere in your affairs. Living alone ensures that you have your privacy, and makes you more focused on things that will advance your life.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:14am On May 06, 2022
Your dad is jealous &wicked man.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Me24engr: 7:15am On May 06, 2022
[ friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I started having conscience on it and asking myself if I’ve messed up.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

I found out some people blamed me for invading his room and getting m my stuff.

Some people told me to return it and never do that again.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I don’t know what to do because it was a luck that nobody was at home that day.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I sensed he was trying to tell me that in order to know what I did was bad.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

He let me leave and said he will try to find it very well later.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

I believed her because she knows I respected her and I knows she likes me.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

[/quote] i must tell you that your dad loves you so dearly but there are always time when temptation comes in life. Meanwhile, you said your step mum loves you and you loves her also. You should go with people he respects to him and apologize you also have to address this in prayer first. After the reconciliation, you should consider getting an apartment for your self after about a month
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by hashtagged(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2022
Barims:
Your dad is narcissistic/sociopath

Exactly I see no reason to apologize to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by dettolgel: 7:25am On May 06, 2022
neonly:

Do u know d kind of sacrifice yur dad endure to raise you to d point where u can afford a phone common it just a phone
U hurt him but you might no know d kind gravity
He probably showing off indirectly to yur step mum dat my children listen to me etc
Yes if you were staying in yur own place d case wound be different but wait his house his rules
My own dad was still beating with correct slap even though I was staying in my own house till I got d age of 38
Bro's it was just a phone you could have saved again to buy another one
It shows u are rude
U try dat my late papa u are done
What yur did was bad accept and try to build trust and d bridge between you and yur dad back OK

African dad with ego and anger problem.

I understand that his dad wants the best for his son and no dad will be happy seeing his 27 year old just sitting around all day.

But raining a curse or attacking your child with a weapon is beyond me. Imagine if he had killed him out of anger?

Parents should learn to control their anger and speak with their kids with respect.

I understand the concept of tough love but violent love I don't get it.

I have been fortunate to live in the west where parenting style is quite different and I can tell you that their method is still effective given the behaviour of their adult children and how they run their society.

With all the African way of raising kids we still produce the highest number of corrupt politicians whom are heavily invested in ritual killings, we have the highest number of young people who belong to deadly gangs and who engage in Internet fraud.

I think it is time we review our parental style.

As for the op please stay away from your dad for now and please find something doing

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Cecero(m): 7:28am On May 06, 2022
At 27, you're pretty too old to be living in your parent's house. Get ya ass off that house mahn.
And try reconcile with your dad before you leave. He needs to rescind any curse laid in a fit of rage.
And then I'm wondering, shey ur father na cultist wey u dey fear to enter ur papa room ni? Can't imagine that. I'm a father and can't distance myself that much from my kids�
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by kazyhm(m): 7:36am On May 06, 2022
Zaheertyler:

Lol ajebo
At 27 your papa never Dey give you your respect even if you Dey him house lol
You know say na lie you no fit clear am say why him go Dey lie against you ..why him go even sieze phone way you buy self
You suppose Dey clear the man with respect
Him go Dey give you your way
But you be ajebo sha

You're On point.
The annoyance is that....he is eating free food, living in a free house and carrying Iphone upandan.........he would not even have time gist with the man......

The man used his hay days to hustle and trained him through university.....

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by thrillionaire(m): 7:37am On May 06, 2022
neonly:

And you expect someone to take your advise with this your foolish behavior? Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by luluosas(m): 7:39am On May 06, 2022
You are a spoiled brat. Look at the way you are insulting your own dad who saw you through your university education. And since you are a graduate, you can afford a brand new iPhone, you can afford to book for a hotel room, what are you still doing in your father's house?

Look at the parasite life you have chosen to live. Now, you are planning of going to stay with a friend, why not use your smooth browsing addiction to get your own apartment and move in?

You better go and apologize to your father right now and stop being a foolish son.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by TruthinAction: 7:41am On May 06, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

Well, saw this post this morning. Don't know the decision you took. But I think your safety is more important than the respect you have for your step mother. God saved your life twice and your step mother was not there to rescue you. That man can kill you. If you could have money to pay for a hotel, I believe you could has well rent your own apartment even if it's just a self contained.

It's so sad to be raised by a father with this kind of attitude. Even if he doesn't want to to do Yahoo, his approach is not the best way.

Meanwhile, try and embrace Christ and serve God with your life. He will guide you through the difficult journey of life.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by orumba(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2022
Go look for work

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Spherical77(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2022
winterwind:
mann u see the way they think here, if the guy dey weak minded now na how to thief e go dey reason with this thoughtless and baseless advice all of them dey give. so because na 27 years life don end for am, awon fake it till you make it geng, wetin millions of people wey dey 30+ wey no get bearing wan come do. As a man what matters is finding a purpose to live for, irrespective of age. mhen the thought process of people on here is warped.
I'm not surprised at the kind of unsolicited advice. Welcome to naija where youths believe a 25years old guy living with his parents is nothing but a TABOO.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by cayorday89(m): 7:49am On May 06, 2022
Op @ Lucasmuyiwaa, you should have shared with us before you went ahead to take the phone, my dad used to do the same to me when I was young from seizing brick game to Earpiece to palito from me, with time I deviced a means to get my things back and make it look like I never went to his room to take it. When I get a replacement for what he seized from me I get the exact replica and when it gets spoilt I sneak to his room and exchange it with the one he seized that is still working, same with Earpiece and palito. For the iPhone you should have gone to get a damaged iPhone even if it is not the same model he won't know and replace it then you use your iPhone in peace. But you sef need to go find work oooo as that other hustle don pause.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by cayorday89(m): 7:51am On May 06, 2022
Spherical77:
I'm not surprised at the kind of unsolicited advice. Welcome to naija where youths believe a 25years old guy living with his parents is nothing but a TABOO.
Funny enough it's a global thing, the economy is not friendly to majority of Youths out there especially with the rising cost of accommodation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Worldlegend(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2022
At 27 you shouldn't be at the family house, I deliberately left family house at the age of 15, I was not having common money to use to buy water and soap that time to bath... But today it's a good testimony I left home that day

You also need to improve your writing skill as a graduate..

Find something to start doing ASAP

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by jamesharryson(m): 7:54am On May 06, 2022
My dear, let me tell you this for free!!!
Your father is a responsible man.
Firstly, you are jobless and you managed to buy an IPHONE.

Secondly, nothing justifies your entering your father's room to pick something he seized from you. As for the lost money, your dad is strongly accusing you because you are jobless and you subscribe your phone for internet access regularly. So don't blame him if he accused you of stealing his money.

Thirdly, your reactions provoked your father. You must have talked back at him with reckless abandon. And point of corrections, your did cannot insult you, you insulted yourself. You are living under his roof, who knows he pays the rent of the house too. You are just 27, though you are mature, but you are still a kid to challenge your dad like that.

You just said your elder sister abused you too! Which means your dad's anger was justifiable. For your sister to pick offence too means that you over reacted to your Dad.

Then, because you have little money on you, you now see think you have arrived. Why will you run to a hotel? No brother, sister, cousin, nephew, aunt, uncle, you can run to? You are too pompous and arrogant bro. You cannot go far like this. Take the advice or leave it, it is your business. But just know that you still have a long way to go.
I didn't say this to make you happy

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by AutoChick4U(f): 7:54am On May 06, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

Better be a Man. You under another Man's roof who's treating you anyhow and u asking questions? No be ur mates don start their own family? Kindly look away and forge ur own path abeg

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by AutoChick4U(f): 7:55am On May 06, 2022
Worldlegend:
At 27 you shouldn't be at the family house, I deliberately left family house at the age of 15, I was not having common money to use to buy water and soap that time to bath... But today it's a good testimony I left home that day

You also need to improve your writing skill as a graduate..

Find something to start doing ASAP
You left home at 15 ke
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by hobyner(m): 7:58am On May 06, 2022
At 27 years you're coming to naira land to expose this your dilemma, and then what? Get advice. Ogbeni make up your mind and stop seeking for advice on naira land for this type of issues. Na why dem dey seize your phone at 27 b#tch@$$n1gg@

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by AutoChick4U(f): 8:00am On May 06, 2022
UCHIHAmask:

I have and would never disrespect my father.

I never near 28 but I swear down my papa or mama no fit ever think of seizing my phone, unto which level nah, I no just get..
Some parents are sadists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:05am On May 06, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

My Dad and Mom had quarrel and divorced when we were small and she died 2013 from fibroid sickness.

Sorry, mate.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:10am On May 06, 2022
kekakuz:

Your question should be how long ago was this and what type of car.
Anyway I already had what I was doing when I was with him

Good, that was what you should say first:

"I was earning some money before, so I just added to it and in four months got a car."

Don't sound as if four months work got you a car, some people are desperate.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Kimiso(m): 8:15am On May 06, 2022
WondaBeauty:
Your story is enough to make any sane person get headache or go insane.

All the SO's are more than enough to build a church.(no offense)

I would advise you go back home and talk with her cos she seems like the easy medium to your father.

But in all, FOLLOW UR MIND.
are you sure you are the one in that profile picture grin
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Topsyvic(f): 8:16am On May 06, 2022
I can really understand and what I hated most is when my dad or mum is raining curses.
There are other ways to talk to your child than saying negatives words.

Well, the best thing is to leave the house. Go outside and get something doing for yourself.

He is annoyed because as a man you are idle, he understood what it takes to be a man. So find work, that's how you gain respect for yourself.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Kimiso(m): 8:16am On May 06, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

depends on the way your mood is bro

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by wizkidblogger(f): 8:17am On May 06, 2022
27 years old and you are still living in his house? that's the cause of the see finish na

why not relocate to a city where you can afford a mini flat for yourself and hustle in peace?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.