Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 (85089 Views)

How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully / Uncle In-law Is Becoming Unbearable / Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Nobody: 11:37am On May 24, 2022
tenpipsperday:

Yes his parents are responsible for him just because you think you are better off today, if it had been the other way round you will be the first to shout Africa and family tie.

Nonsense your parents are responsible for you. People don't pay school fees for cousins, nephews and the rest?

Arrogance at the highest level
. The guy that sent the money even tried. Most of the parents will be giving birth without thinking how to train them. Don't be a liability to anyone

2 Likes

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by hope4nigeria(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
If your uncle lives in the US and send you 30K, and you are satisfied with that you can quote me with this trash again.
you are a thief, hand go touch you one day

2 Likes

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by maridrug(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2022
This guy is an ingrate. You're the type of family member that assassinate when one come from abroad and you feel you're entitle to a cent from him/her.
Do you have a cold room where they sell packed fishes in your area? If yes, kindly always visit there, assist without pay to load/offload fishes into the cold room and feel a bit of the coldness that your uncle is passing through...better wise up b4 it's too late.
***NOTE***You cannot make it begging from people.

2 Likes

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Atk1nson(m): 11:37am On May 24, 2022
sisisioge:
These people are just trolling...first the one who got a car and now this one with 30k. They are using responses to create content.

OP, No vex, he will do better next time.

happens for real sis...a lot of people assume when you are abroad you pick up money on the street grin

The best thing is to keep your Nigerian number only reachable via WhatsApp once you leave the country....you can decide when and how to respond to message from those begging for assistance

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Fashdeejay(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2022
My uncle (now retired) worked with the United Nations under the koffi Annan tenure, a big shot in the organization and we never received a dime from him even when things were horrible, back then i would ask my mom why my dad's family acted like that and she would always tell me, it is their choice to make whether to help or not. Your uncle is not stingy, you are young and still learning how the world spins. Your uncle in all honesty does not owe you anything, he can go out of his way to help if he chooses to, but no one can hold it against him if he doesn't. There are things involved that you may not understand.
Do you have siblings? What are they doing? The American dream is a dream of debt and slavery. You live solely on credit, if you don't, then you have a terrible credit record. What do you know your uncle does for a living?
You hear stories about him buying cars and houses for people, have you confirmed those stories to be true or just talk tales told by people to make themselves either look good or.make others look bad?!?! My dear youngling, get something doing, keep your mind busy and try to focus on helping your mother, it is not easy i agree and i do hope you believe in the power of prayer and declarations.
I pray whatever good thing you set your heart and hands to do, God will bless them and it shall prosper.
Please don't depend on anyone for handouts.

6 Likes

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by davidtemi(m): 11:38am On May 24, 2022
Ishilove:

So what do you want us to do about it?
he should send d 30k to me first make I use am beg d uncle to send more. Am sure d uncle go send more if I put mouth

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Skyehigher1: 11:38am On May 24, 2022
Bro you are not serious sorry ooo . If you are a truely a focus guys . You said your father is dead and your mom is selling vegetables and peppers why can't you remove 5k and give your mom the remaining 25k add up her business and keep your head up and focus on your future assure. You are now look like ingrates person try to appreciate your brother . If 30k is chicken change for you your mom will never go and sell all those things man . Appreciate your brother

4 Likes

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by abah52: 11:39am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
I want you to see how stingy my uncle is.
And how ungrateful you are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Aklee4994(m): 11:40am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
This was the message I sent to my uncle who lives in America and he sent me just N30,000.

"Good morning uncle...I first of all appreciate your previous assistance.But I want to tell you that it's not enough.I'm 19 and jobless, but I really need money.I would appreciate anything that comes from you."
Is like your dad is the one that sent him to USA..for you to be ungrateful for those pen ultimate spending on you.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by anambraamaka: 11:42am On May 24, 2022
Very good uncle

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by comrChris(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2022
Who is approving all these threads self?
Post something sensible, all the mods will act as if they did not see it but will be fast to approve useless thread like this.

Op, go and hack your uncle's account if the 30k you didn't work for isn't enough for you

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Oluwendele(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2022
please ma help me with little amount to eat the hunger is unbearable please help a brother help ll never depart from you
066 Seventy 96 036
Gtb
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Ojady(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2022
You see no one touches a man's heart who will eventually not move his hands. One cannot assess the op's narrative correctly, owing to the fact that one does not know the relationship between them. Who knows maybe Uncle used to live in their house before he travelled or maybe op's parents sent him to school, I mean the possibilities could be more than the op let on. Nonetheless, gratitude alongside patience and the truth that no one upon this earth owes you a dime are virtues. Rather than say the money was not enough for you, you could say "Thank you Uncle for remembering me, I know if you had more, you would, nonetheless, I thank you, with this 30k , I plan to do x,y,z - I will send you pictures of them. Btw, Uncle, I am also into running errands for people abroad. I can help you with transcripts, purchasing stuff out here when you need folks to bring them out there for you, clearing your imports, cutting the grass on your land, supervise your projects etc. We are family, so you get discount".
These are the ways one can show gratitude and position to get more from "Uncle". A sense of entitlement especially towards folks who live abroad is cery unfair. Nowhere under the sun is free of problems, a major difference is the value of the Western currency compared to Naira and perhaps visionless and spineless leadership and citizenry.

4 Likes

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by bolrew: 11:44am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
This was the message I sent to my uncle who lives in America and he sent me just N30,000.

"Good morning uncle...I first of all appreciate your previous assistance.But I want to tell you that it's not enough.I'm 19 and jobless, but I really need money.I would appreciate anything that comes from you."

Imagine you are complaining of #30,000 you didn't work for.......... And from your text, it indicates that your uncle had previously sent money to you. Learn to say thank you

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by DLuciano: 11:45am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
Sir you wont understand.This same person bought houses and cars for many people.Before my father died he promised to build house for my dad, pay my elder bro's tuition fee, take me to the U.S in 2018, then I was still in jss 3.Today we still live in a rented house that has 300 000 annual pay and we've not paid a part of it coz we had no means.What can the vegetable my mum sells do? He didnt fullfil any of his promises.Imagine I sent msg that our rent of 300 000 expired this month and he sent me 50k, what can that do? My uncle just dont like me.He sent my cousin 200k just to buy whatever he wants.And that guy's parent are relatively wealthy.I feel like crying.This is what Ishlove Skyview01 GRACETOLIVF Pocohantas doggedfighter Peteredo SyrusdeHansome Sisisioge fail to understand and are raining insults like we are fighting.
I see your pains, if you had given more comprehensive writeup, you would have been better advised than been insulted. But all I have to say is, put your TRUST in God and not man, let Baba God remember you.

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by zomby(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:

This kind of message is the main reason why folks in USA and UK are constantly blocking all Nigerian contacts on their phones, especially the female contacts; 98.9% of phone calls from Nigeria have something to do with money.

@OP: May be you should sincerely check up on your uncle from time to time...Not only when you need money.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by ThePlugg(m): 11:49am On May 24, 2022
op u r jobless,ur uncle juss dashed u someone's salary...be grateful

1 Like

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by zomby(m): 11:49am On May 24, 2022
bolrew:

Imagine you are complaining of #30,000 you didn't work for.......... And from your text, it indicates that your uncle had previously sent money to you. Learn to say thank you

The dude is blessed with a very lovely uncle...Some other uncles would have immediately blocked his number.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Edusouls(m): 11:49am On May 24, 2022
Is not Good ooo, Abeg consider others this country is in famine now, everyone begs including the working class? But honestly u sound like a hard hearted person?
Skyview01:
My nephew sent me similar message and I blocked him. Your parents are responsible for you.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by dadavivo: 11:51am On May 24, 2022
Eagba:
I don't even like people greeting me self.

im talking about your younger nephew them.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Nobody: 11:52am On May 24, 2022
anonymuz:
wahum that year, e no easy, later I joined tetrapack and my wage them was 8k with long journey from ketu to ikeja. This children no know anything.

I worked briefly for Wahum too, but I taking out hot plates from the Oven at 15.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by kayperry: 11:53am On May 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

His uncle got the liberty to do whatever he wants, with his money........

If OP hated it so much, plenty jobs available....... Go wash cars, wash clothes etc etc etc

Ofcus all uncles in the world can shove there money down there throat, all my life can't remember calling any uncle or aunty for #1.
Nigerians needs to know, understanding the problem is not the same as justifying the problem, we are fvcking were we are today because nobody cares and the only thing we are good @ is reacting n reacting ! then what
From the look of things, op don't need us to tell him to get a job cos he as secured a teaching job which is commendable, yoruba will say; àda ní loro fii agbara ko nii, simply means person wey chop ur eye unknown to that person is teaching you to be strong n independent grin once again the uncle can shove his money down is hole
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Corporate2020: 11:53am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:

Lazy youth, go and find work. Ole. Thief.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by anonymuz(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2022
Skyview01:

I worked briefly for Wahum too, but I taking out hot plates from the Oven at 15.
God bless our hustle
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by ayusco85(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
If your uncle lives in the US and send you 30K, and you are satisfied with that you can quote me with this trash again.

U think they pluck money from trees? You think they don't have bills too?
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Lovelydaisies: 11:54am On May 24, 2022
Before joining Nairaland, I knew you to be a woman basher. But see that your own life isn't perfect. You don't hurl insults at people (you have never met) and expect to radiate grace. At 19, you still have a lot to learn.

To the topic. Sometimes it's easier to help people when you see that they want to help themselves, especially able-bodied youths. If you told your uncle about a project you wanted to begin or had begun, he may have sent you more money to encourage you. But seeing that you are jobless and expecting more and more from him, what could he have done? How much would be enough for him to send?

Next time you need his help, be ready with a project or two - that's if he's still willing to help.

BTW, send him a 'thank you' right now to see if you can maintain the contact between yourselves.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by swedbase(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2022
chatinent:
No vex, the USA wey you attach in your username, is it of/for your uncle?

Btw, I don't know how to be entitled... because I never had sb who sends me anything. I literally worked for every little thing I have. I have been working since when I was 13. It surprises me how you guys feel you are another's responsibility.

In this hard time, N1000 given to you that you didn't work for should come with a big thank you.

I just wish you knew you'd be someone's uncle someday.

As I dey, we wish we had sb to send us even if na N2k and you see N30k you dey bleat.

As you dey, I fit just see you for road nack you engine block for this entitlement feeling...in fact, begin come front.
May God bless you abundantly. Some people in Nigeria think we have flowers that we havets money. Very ungreatful lots. If he knows how much bill that his Uncle is going pay before 29th of this month he would appreciate whatever he gave you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Enumerator(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2022
cheesy
chatinent:
No vex, the USA wey you attach in your username, is it of/for your uncle?

Btw, I don't know how to be entitled... because I never had sb who sends me anything. I literally worked for every little thing I have. I have been working since when I was 13. It surprises me how you guys feel you are another's responsibility.

In this hard time, N1000 given to you that you didn't work for should come with a big thank you.

I just wish you knew you'd be someone's uncle someday.

As I dey, we wish we had sb to send us even if na N2k and you see N30k you dey bleat.

As you dey, I fit just see you for road nack you engine block for this entitlement feeling...in fact, begin come front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by guywitzerogal(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
I want you to see how stingy my uncle is.
you are stupid.... Gerrat
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by anthonyabidemi: 11:57am On May 24, 2022
Be thankful to your uncle, nobody picks money on the street in USA, God will also provide good job for you as well.
Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Fynnonsy: 11:59am On May 24, 2022
Bro, I think you're just catching cruise.
Nothing of such ever happened...

VictorUSA:

Re: See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 by Lanretoye(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2022
ominilongest:
All i need is 1k.

57,opay.
stale format.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Sits At The Back Of A Toyota-Hilux In Abuja (Photos) / You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.