Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience (42608 Views)

Has A Married Woman Ever Tried To Seduce You Before? Share Your Experience / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Tried During Sex? / Ever Tried Breaking Up With Someone And The Person Refused? How Did It Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by omooba969(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Your mum is trying to set you up for trouble - this I have seen.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by umurphy: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Lucky you.
I was matched about 16 years ago in my final year by a friend.
No regrets, respect and continuous respect. Food on time, hardly see dirty clothes, siblings come and extremely happy, so I tried for hers too. She was in her final year too. If I have to marry again, I will choose that option.
Being you spec. Women body are not designed to be static. She will change from fig 8-18 if not controlled with marriage and children or otherwise.
Bros, you only need advise from your maker and the inner man..you.
Commit it to your creator.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Harmattan123(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
U dey talk trash. To friend a Lady nah By Force? Mind you that All that glitters is not gold
Don't mind him
He's still mummy I'm hungry type
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by perfumeworld1(f): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
grin
Demigod22:

Marriage is beyond being decent in Christian encyclopedia. I can't possibly marry who I am not sexually attracted to, she is not my spec, I didn't say she is not good, but she is not my choice. Talking about me looking for her later.

PS: the beautiful ones are not yet born.
No matter who you get married to, more beautiful or handsome people is still somewhere grin

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Noblewealth(m): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
I have a female who is presently serving who had this kind of experience. The guy das use to be their customer, so the man will always call the girl my wife..

Fast track, he introduce his son to this girl, they started dating, things was going smoothly not ontill she started requesting for things the guy start playing smart guy after he had bang kpetus multiple times. Long story short, the guy was a serial cheater and played along with his dad plan(I'm very sure the father was oblivious of the latter incident) and everything later ends in premium tears for her before she could realize that the guy is a gee after 5 month of Hard knacking and time..
I still console her till date.

7 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Stanley12328: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
dawnomike:
Never experienced that cos my late dad would always say "...two things that I do not choose for my children are: their career and who to marry." Lest, you blame him for your misfortune in the future grin

Ur man(RIP to him) na wise man ✌

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by LadyTara(f): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.
I like your father already. He sounds genuine and pure in heart.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by omooba969(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
Pootle:

take 2bottles for freeing her without checking her kpekus

What's wrong with checking her kpekus. You ppl have a penchant for overrating what's not.

Nonsense!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by womenareapez: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

LoL, after watching a particular movie I wanted to marry a White lady so bad, not because of the color but their reasoning. I still have that fantasy but I am still in Nigeria anyways.

Congrats to you and your Dad is a real OG.
I bet you, you won't regret. Just keep that at the back of your mind that you will date a White woman apart from those gorillas species called naija women undecided

I'm a living testimony and the experience so far is out of this world kiss

White women will choke you with love but gorillas will finish you with frustration undecided

Be wise and dont go for gorillas

5 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by exboyolu: 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
Having to marry someone known by your parent (family friends) is one of the excellent practices of old that the so called education has eroded from this generation.

Marrying a complete stranger is risky and bad at the same time, except in few cases and that is by chance.

Have you seen people married to beautiful lady and the best he ever came across but ended with regrets because it happens that some special diseases (e.g. bipolar disorder) got transfer to all his kids and the wife also suffer from such? Go for parent recommendation. they know what we don't know.

My Sincere advise is to take the opportunity your parent is trying to give you. Marrying to a family friend is one of the excellent support a parent can do for their child/daughters. Because they know the history of that family and several information that you don't even know.

Please go for her if you like her physically (if she likes you and you like her).
never reject the proposal just because it came from your parent. Noooo, please accept your mother's suggestion and make her happy and I can assure you you will never regret the decision by the grace of God. The fact that it came from your parent should make you go for it. you may leave to regret the decision if you don't accept your parent suggestion. Marrying totally strangers in the name of love is dangerous., unfortunately the innocent children often leave with the effect of their father's decision to marry a stranger, whose family history were not know. by the time special ailment starts coming it will be too late.

You may private chart me for more family related counselling.

please accept your mother's suggestion and make her happy and I can assure you you will never regret the decision by the grace of God.
cheers...

wishing you all the best.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Munzy14(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
pharmagba:
Na my dad,
The Don of match making
Got is spot on on everyone except me.

Two years after NYSC I still decided to remaiin in the north. On visiting home after some discussion about marriage with my dad, he picked up his phone to call a lady to come over.
Before she arrived he briefed my on how good the lady is and I should talk to her. I knew him too well when he talks you don't argue.
The lady arrived in quick time and he told her to meet his very good son doing very well in his career. No body could paint me better. Had I been a lady I will have fallen from the encomium. Soon after he left us to discuss.
I found out that the lady was a nurse and her mum whom my dad knows had approached my dad to help secure her daughter a better job. To my dad what better job is there than to wife his beloved son. She even thought my dad calling her because of the job.
She was matured, intelligent and sincere My perfect spec. A beauty paragon with british accent. I still wonder till date how my dad knew my perfect spec
We shared some good moment together. We also laughed over it that she has been given the job of a wife.
Two things didn't make it work out one she said she had someone else and two she is a Muslim.
I freed her completely.
Your papa na guy man... grin...

Na the same kind I have...I laugh at his coded moves.

Well he is the last person to match make anything for his sons...He will only give you guidelines on securing the better half..Which you as a modern day man may or may not agree with all..

I enjoy the mutual respect that exist between I and my Dad..He believe I am his Dad reincarnation, so the respect for my choice anď decisions has been there and doesnt hesitate to back me up whenever it is necessary.

As for my mom, rare breed...Things like this doesnt border her at all...She will tell you when you are ready bring her home.. grin

Some mothers too like all those My son will marry your daughter gist...smh
I just don't like the match making idea..Parents must allow their children pick who gladens their heart, bring him/her home and present to them as the one.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by chextlife(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Good Match Make. A Bible kind girl is good at the moment. Atleast you will enjoy fidelity and spirituality. Your mother wants the best for you. Yield to it....it pays.....ooops.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Crenzywilliams(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
Oboy see wetin u go do, enter the relationship, bang bang d babe anyhow, as u de do am, watch her character. If una fit cope, u folowup

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Mayflowa(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
BigDawsNet:

My mum? Nope
My dad? Yea..

He does that multiple times... trying to connect me with lady I don't know anything about...

Even when I introduce a friend to her... he will be like... my boy..marry this gal naw... she okay for you...

I usually told her.. Dad, don't border yourself I will not marry and other race except white...

He was happy when he eventually saw the white lady

White girl in Naija? or you lived oversea?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by myami: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Grandma did something like that. I'm closer to her than my biological parents.
Grandmother trying to match me with the daughter of her very good friend who also double as her neighbor.
Babe is sexually attractive, tall, big @ss & bwess. I thought she's older than me. I come dey see her as my elder sister sef & 4 dis reason i didn't make any move....i knw no say girls dey mature fast pass men.

When i look back, e dey pain me say i no sample d kpekus.
you are a bastard for not shagging that girl
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Munzy14(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.
grin grin grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by jojothaiv(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
omooba969:

What's wrong with checking her kpekus. You ppl have a penchant for overrating what's not.

Nonsense!
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by LoveUdie: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2022
One thing any loving parent should not do for their children is to give the child-wife or husband. This is a union in which the two people involved must be willing to accept each other and stay together for the rest of their lives as husband and wife.
If you force your child to marry someone he or she doesn't want to marry, that child may not forgive you if that marriage goes wrong in the furture.

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2022
My parents are trying to match make me with one but I don't care anymore. Even if my choice gives them high BP so be it.

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Georgejeez: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Normalguyy:
Omo e get this girl wey I dey eye and as per say I no really get liver go meet her that time and me I no even know say my dad don dey sight the girl and she get mad curves ... So na so I just gain admission enter school I no come see the girl again . So I came back from school after the semester my papa come tell me say he don see wife for me o I say for where and omo to my greatest surprise na that same girl , I dey happy die , papa don dey even perform part of my role dey giver her money and buy her things ... even my mum dey support anytime she come buy something for my mum shop they go give her free stuffs so tey my papa dey pay for the money to make her hair and baba don arrange me well , he don talk better things about me to the girl ..... na so we shaa dey give we got really close and fond of each other na so I ask babe out o she say make I give her time .... for over four years now she neither said yes or no but we still dey , e don even tire my papa he no even ask me of her again coz before I tell am say the girl no gree na everyday he dey ask me about the girl .... when she come greet me for school.... I say make we bleep she no gree o after I don spend money..... I no even dey follow her talk any relationship talk again and watin dey pain me be say she dey always tell me say she’s still single

In other words, the babe friendzoned you and your parents come chop free goodies clean mouth join grin grin.

And if you check well , na one Agbero de shine her Congo on a stead
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Pootle: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
omooba969:

Nonsense!

that commendable bro...not all kpekus should be checked man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by BigDawsNet: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Mayflowa:

White girl in Naija? or you lived oversea?

I based in North America
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by BigDawsNet: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

My boss, greetings from my ends. How's life work and all?

All is well bro...
We dey hustle ham

Abroad dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Salt06(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.
Op abeg introduce me to the geh. Her type is my spec
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by cayorday89(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Not me but my younger sister, and it was by the Mummy G.O of my dad's church, she has the money and really pampered her children, whereas my father on the other hand use iron hand train us. The G.O wanted her son to get married and all of a sudden they headed to our house for introduction without prior notice while myself and sister were serving, only for my sister to call me crying that she was called from home that they brought things for her introduction to marry the G.O's son and she is not interested in the guy, I told her to calm down and not be worried that nothing of such will happen as long as I am alive, we will wage war against them including our parents if they dare support such move, because the guy was nothing to write home about in terms of character and does not even have a job of his own but mummy's money. They begged her and promised to open a pharmacy for her but she refused and na this same woman go tell church members to always bring names of suitors to know God's will on such union and I was wondering if God did not reveal it to her in before her coming to our house for introduction without prior notice except that her son calls my sister as the church member that she is.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Aklee4994(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nawa
Woman no follow this thread come here abeg make person caprison me the legit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by damoobaba: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.

As she see say your life no too balance. You have a good Mum.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by mmyfarmsltd(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
Why on earth is this childish topic a news line?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Antoeni(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
Its a Set up
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Brushstrokes20: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
grin grin grin grin chisos!.... This is one of the funniest thread I ever read on NL!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Did You Woo Your Girlfriend? / Lady Dances Radically As Her Fiance Proposes To Her (video) / 16-year-old South African Boy Proposes To His 15-year-old Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.