Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience (42571 Views)

Has A Married Woman Ever Tried To Seduce You Before? Share Your Experience / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Tried During Sex? / Ever Tried Breaking Up With Someone And The Person Refused? How Did It Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by goshen26: 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.

Try settle the matter before bringing an innocent girl into your family, because your mum will take her as the reason you rejected the girl she brought for u.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by goshen26: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
obinna58:
My mom na opposite, if she notice any woman getting close to me, she go enter one trouser with her behind my back.

She has high Expectations from me but person no go kill himself

And u are already knacking � angry

Lol
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by cutedharmee: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
Yes! Rejected her at first. We came back after 3years and courted then we finally settled down. To God be d glory �

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by jojothaiv(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
hardon1:

Is it me that doesnt understand it the poster is contradicting himself
You dey mind the Shevchenko
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Pootle: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
omooba969:

Dey there make pant dey wear you.

i no dey wear pant i prefer boxers grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Hoodyrich(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
My Guy to see a truly religious lady no easy again. Sha reason her matter e fit be your destiny. Finally you go comeback here deh profess seh nah sweet babe.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nonexisting: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Marriage is beyond being decent in Christian encyclopedia. I can't possibly marry who I am not sexually attracted to, she is not my spec, I didn't say she is not good, but she is not my choice. Talking about me looking for her later.

PS: the beautiful ones are not yet born.
Follow that experienced man's advice. That girl may be the last of this our generation to come close to being virtuous. By the way, what spec are you talking about. Do you like big breasts and she has small ones and vice versa?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.

I wish someone can match make me with someone closer that kind relationship they sweet when the two families knows each other guy work on the girl maybe she fit shake body small.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Samcent: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
koboko69:

Guy....You want a little bit of Karishika ..... you will regret your life. I was in the same shoes as u were 5 years ago, naturally beautiful girl, no earrings, no trousers, nothing....always looking decent and still beautiful.....mind you this is in the USA. My parents and family friends tried to match make me, but i was feeling same way u are feeling.
I rejected her cos i wanted a lil bit of karishika kind of girl, a whatsup girl that still a lil decent....not holy holy decent girl.
I am living to regret it, the spec i wanted and ended up with dealt with me, i am still reeling from the effects of that relationship. My holy holy girl is now hapily married, living her best life, you can see peace and joy in the guy's life. I am here regretting seeing how beautiful she still is and how she still maintained her decency. If u dont like her just cos of her "holy holy",dem go teach u, not even with the kind of girls out here now.
I don go back go dey find holy holy now.

Don't mind the Op. He will eventually understand what you are saying, I just hope it will be without regret.

One error many young men commit, is to take as a wife a lady that is only good for a girlfriend or lover.

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Samcent: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
DaInferno:
whaaat...she showed me the 6 types of shege, I ended it, she came back after 2months asking for the final last chance.

Man was already cold

... this one shock me...

Which one be the 6 types of shege...?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by onlinepeeks: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2022

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Govocrete: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Run, I say run are you still there, run far
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by BigDawsNet: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Yeah. The Lord will see you through.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Your Dad is a legend bro, he got good eyes and great taste too. How I wish it works out but life goes on.

I am hoping to stay back after my NYSC too, I can't go back to that house again, only visit once in awhile.
Pray dey post you to a city not village
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Anndrew(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
Normalguyy:
Omo e get this girl wey I dey eye and as per say I no really get liver go meet her that time and me I no even know say my dad don dey sight the girl and she get mad curves ... So na so I just gain admission enter school I no come see the girl again . So I came back from school after the semester my papa come tell me say he don see wife for me o I say for where and omo to my greatest surprise na that same girl , I dey happy die , papa don dey even perform part of my role dey giver her money and buy her things ... even my mum dey support anytime she come buy something for my mum shop they go give her free stuffs so tey my papa dey pay for the money to make her hair and baba don arrange me well , he don talk better things about me to the girl ..... na so we shaa dey give we got really close and fond of each other na so I ask babe out o she say make I give her time .... for over four years now she neither said yes or no but we still dey , e don even tire my papa he no even ask me of her again coz before I tell am say the girl no gree na everyday he dey ask me about the girl .... when she come greet me for school.... I say make we bleep she no gree o after I don spend money..... I no even dey follow her talk any relationship talk again and watin dey pain me be say she dey always tell me say she’s still single
lolz..in this case,u have been used
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by AgentGoat: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by obinna58(m): 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2022
goshen26:

And u are already knacking � angry

Lol
I'm no kid bro

She doesn't just want women around me but she couldn't say in my face.

Well sha na bcoz I never get time for women matter I for shun her but it's useless
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by vince96w2(m): 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Marriage is beyond being decent in Christian encyclopedia. I can't possibly marry who I am not sexually attracted to, she is not my spec, I didn't say she is not good, but she is not my choice. Talking about me looking for her later.

PS: the beautiful ones are not yet born.
Don't Judge a book by its cover ...Sex is important but it fades along the line..That character and that she is a good girl is the most important on the long run..Sex can be learnt, bad character will frustrate u..For the fact that a girl is spiritual doesn't mean she can't be a tiger in bed..I have a friend that married a virgin..She didn't do anything sexual while dating. When they married, na my guy dey beg to reduce sex now oo..She wants to enjoy all d years she didn't in the past..Besides our girls have lost manners..If you see a good one, you have hope for ur happiness and kids..
From my own experience, mother's eye in a girl is very important.

6 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Bbbw: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
How
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
Parents can assist in picking a life partner for their children but it should be done with wisdom. Give him or her one or two options to select from if he is ok with the idea and not forcing a partner on them.
When I wanted to marry, I new that all the girls that were around me then had one or two issues. Had to meet my uncle and with the help of his wife I was given two good options based on my spec in physical appearance, career and tribe. It wasn't really as simple as it may look, but I have never regretted the move one day. It was even better than my expectation and made me a better person all together

7 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by lereinter(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
But don't you want to graduate from being less spiritual to becoming more spiritual.

Although spirituality is different from attitude, but getting a God fearing wife is a privilege.

You will understand when you begin to have children and more advanced in age and face the reality of life.

You can talk to her to know her more
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by minasi4841: 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
Yes o. But now I'm enjoying d girl big kpekus cool
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Joeyfizzo: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Your Dad was an intelligent dude. Only you know what fascinates you. My mom told me she knows she won't be involve in my decision making, I told her I will keep her informed but she is not going to use me as a bond for her friendship, I am bigger than that. Even my auntie that trained me don't decide for me.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by dorin27(f): 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by DaInferno(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
Samcent:

... this one shock me...

Which one be the 6 types of shege...?

Lies
False accusations
Lies
Pretence
Lies and
Infidelity

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
kingyakos:

What's your spec?

Intelligence: I am sapiosexual

Sense of humour

Resourcefulness

Humane

Ability to communicate coherently
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
unclejb2:
Chop the girls kpomo, clean mouth and pretend as if nothing happened, ...

then tell your mom that you had a dream about the girl and God told you that she is not your wife

Hahaha, sharp guy. Although, I am on sperm retention but still I don't find the girl attractive to that point that will make me sexually thirsty for her. She is always showing that spiritual side, but I always wondered if this girl didn't go wild while in school.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
one4GOD:
pls I beg you live your life for yourself not your mum, marriage doesn't bring any solution to one's life you can even do away without it so you can live a more purposeful and happy life. Your mum only gave birth to you, she just a channel and never own your life. The lady has even started complaint and more so you both aren't same in more ways than now, she has started displaying a sense of ownership, abeg make she park well ooh

You got good and healthy brains brotherly, I don't even waste time in telling my mom to rest. I am not even interested in any romance right now.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2022
TruthinAction:

What are you waiting for to be spiritual? In any case, I have seen a couple of girls change their mode of dressing because of the person they are dating. It's not easy to see decent girls who are devoted to God. Why not try it out and tell her what you don't like about our appearance. If she truly loves you, she will be willing to compromise.

Meanwhile, try and know Jesus. Accept him into your life. He created sex and instituted marriage for our pleasure. Don't go after the sweet and forget the one who made it.

Thanks for your opinion bro, I appreciate it.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
Enny2013:
None of my parents did,but most community elders.
In my uni days, One or two must find a way to link me with deir sons any time I visit home for holidays.
D last was one of my granny's friends who was just being unnecessarily nice to me: buying gifts here n dere. I was depressed wen she broke d bad news to me. I hated her son wt passion den.

LoL, how did you survive the plan throughout?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
Blueelf:

I be man and I no go lie. As much as we men like to be liveral, such decent girls are hard to find these days

If I be that OP, I go think long and hard first before brushing that girl aside unless she is too ugly

LoL, I understand your point. And Jenny is not actually ugly, she was my child crush back then, I used to attend my mom church only because of her, but maturity, exposure and experience change all that.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
cutedharmee:
Yes! Rejected her at first. We came back after 3years and courted then we finally settled down. To God be d glory �
After she don bleep many dicks for 3yrs u still com back marry am,
Ur Mumu never do

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Find It Very Offensive When Men Cannot Chase Only Women They Can Afford / Poll Results Of What Men And Women Prefer In Each Other / Lady Accosts Her Husband Of 22years At His Side-chick's Home (pix/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.