Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience (42570 Views)

Has A Married Woman Ever Tried To Seduce You Before? Share Your Experience / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Tried During Sex? / Ever Tried Breaking Up With Someone And The Person Refused? How Did It Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by harmony75: 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.
Wonderful family.. Lolz this is so funny your daddy is a very straight forward and God fearing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Ademola47(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:
Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

There's this lady whose mum attend our prayer gathering (Asalatu). Initially, it was only the mum alone that used to attend. I sha noticed that the mum likes me so much, she'll be smiling while talking to me. Asking me about school, studies and life after school. Long story cut short, she brought her daughter (tall, fair, beautiful & well endowed) to the group and specifically introduced us.

We became so close that I started getting the son in-law vibe from the mum. The mum now jokingly told my dad that she'd be expecting him to pay her a visit soon so as to formalize the union. Na there kasala take burst. My dad told her that it will be better for her if her daughter is unmarried than to betroth her to me. That she probably don't know my nickname 'Shevchenko'. I no dey miss one on one. And that by the time I destroyed her daughter's womb, las las, I no go still marry her. The woman was beyond shocked.

As if that was not enough, my dad made a public sermon also talking about how humans can never be perfect. He said for example, as intelligent and well-behaved as I am, I no dey use eye see women (especially a fair & beautiful one). The man burn my cable publicly. Na so the relationship crashed before it even began. It took me a while to forgive him for that action because I been don program that chick for long term chopping. cheesy cheesy cheesy Aside that, every other lady in that our group started avoiding me like plague. It was even rumoured that if they smile at me, they will be hooked.

Fast forward to 5 years ago when I introduced my then fiancé to him. This man started again. He asked her if she truly knows what she's getting into. That I just look responsible for face but I no dey use eye see anything under skirt. After asking her which university she graduated from, my dad told her he was sure that I'd have other girlfriends in that same institution. Fear catch my fiancé. But luckily, I had told her everything about my past and how I've repented. Na there that relationship too for hit rock. cheesy cheesy

Some years later, I asked him why he was deliberately sabotaging me. He said he wants the ladies to know what they are getting into. Since him self born female pikin, he wouldn't open his eyes and let me destroy someone daughter's future. sad sad

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything.

The bolded got me laughing grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Michaelbabs51(m): 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2022
My parents have tried the same thing with me. Trying to matchmake mẹ with a lady but I'm the type that wouldn't accept such idea. I am never in a haste to get married and I have my spec too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by LordReed(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.

Yes they tried and I tried to enjoy the experience but ultimately I chose for myself. Don't sweat it, parents of the generation seem to want to do that quite a bit. I like how you just smiled. Keep it that way, when it's time to do your thing don’t let them dictate to you, politely do your thing.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Georgejeez: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
cheesy grin My own was done when I was still little , Granny stayed with us and she was the very jovial type , she saw me as a fine baby boy of 8 months and she operates a borehole tap where the whole area come to fetch water and pay her in coins .

So any fine girl that comes to fetch water , my grandmother would immediately tell her she will make a good wife for her grandson and the ladies were happy and playful about it cos it means Granny may allow her fetch a bucket without paying as per daughter in law , it got to a point everyone started calling me Chairman.

There was this particular beautiful damsel whom my granny matchmaked and married for me , everyone started calling her "Chairman wife" "Chairman wife" and she would smile , her mom got to know and queried her but she always reply with a smile , so the mom got agitated that her daughter have started following Man .

A day came , the girl's mom couldn't bear the name everyone calls her daughter , gathered her sons , tied her wrapper firmly and got prepared for war against the so called Chairman who is misleading her daughter , she told the girl to come show her the Mr Chairman , her daughter brought her to our home .

Granny was washing clothes outside while I was placed on the veranda , they came and the girl who was giggling secretly pointed at Granny as the mother of Chairman , the woman asked "Mama , na you be Mama Chairman?" Granny said yes . She asked again " Where the Chairman, I wan see am", Granny pointed to myself on the veranda .

I always laughed whenever granny describe the shocking look on the woman's face when she saw an eight month old baby punching the air with his tiny fists .

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
cayorday89:
Not me but my younger sister, and it was by the Mummy G.O of my dad's church, she has the money and really pampered her children, whereas my father on the other hand use iron hand train us. The G.O wanted her son to get married and all of a sudden they headed to our house for introduction without prior notice while myself and sister were serving, only for my sister to call me crying that she was called from home that they brought things for her introduction to marry the G.O's son and she is not interested in the guy, I told her to calm down and not be worried that nothing of such will happen as long as I am alive, we will wage war against them including our parents if they dare support such move, because the guy was nothing to write home about in terms of character and does not even have a job of his own but mummy's money. They begged her and promised to open a pharmacy for her but she refused and na this same woman go tell church members to always bring names of suitors to know God's will on such union and I was wondering if God did not reveal it to her in before her coming to our house for introduction without prior notice except that her son calls my sister as the church member that she is.
I love this.
They wanted to use your sister as a form of enticement for their son to become responsible.

They probably had thought, "let us marry wife for him, so he can be responsible and stop all his wayward vices".. Your sister was the bait.

I'm glad y'all didn't settle for less.

12 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by ABANGWABOI(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2022
One dude here said he is being tagged as Shevchenko .. LMFAO

11 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Idaytesj29(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:

I love your Dad grin

6 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by joyd200: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2022
Wetin concern u and spec, Bleep her tight pussy
Demigod22:
My mom have a friend, a very good one. The woman really like me because I am a boy and she doesn't have a male child, so she holds me in high esteem. She has five daughters, my senior, my age mate and my juniors.

Since I returned back from school after my final exam, the respect is becoming too much, my mom started complaining about me being single and her friend becoming more friendlier. Her third daughter just graduated too, and my mom is trying everything for two of us to date. Recently, the started chatting me up frequently and I discovered she is not my spec. She is this spiritual and religious Bible kind of girl and I am a liberal. When I told her that I am not spiritual nor religious, I can see the shock on her face.

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want. She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

I am not ready for any relationship right now and I don't want any relationship that involves two families. I will get a girlfriend for myself whenever I am ready. So I told my mom to bury that thought, it won't happen and she said I am too stubborn and rebellious and radical, I smiled and said nothing.

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone before? Please share your experience.
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by 43Ronin: 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
Dey did to me cheesy but after sampling like 3 wotorwotoriously, their friends stopped sending their daughters grin

10 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by cayorday89(m): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
I love this.
They wanted to use your sister as a form of enticement for their son to become responsible.

They probably had thought, "let us marry wife for him, so he can be responsible and stop all his wayward vices".. Your sister was the bait.

I'm glad y'all didn't settle for less.
If we all settle for less sef, the main character in the narrative will never settle for less. There are some things she can't just deal with, which the guy is guilty of.

He did get married to another person and he is divorced in less than two years with a child and he still tries messaging my sister but he gets the block, we had to stop attending the church except for my dad.

3 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by hardon1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

She doesn't wear trouser, no earrings nor necklace, a very decent girl by appearance of course, and that's the kind of girl I want.
She is even complaining that I am too unstable because I am always traveling every now and then and she doesn't like it.

Is it me that doesnt understand it the poster is contradicting himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Dipsaint(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
DaInferno:
og,I agree with your decision 100%. Pass me her number biko...the girl wey I been d date no d fear God, na God d fear am.

Omo!
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by duduarewa(f): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
This ur story funny
Laugh wan kill me sef

quote author=ravensckar post=113670355]Mine was on the contrary. Na my papa scatter the free kpekus wey I don arrange for long.

So, those of una wey una parents dey try arrange for una, you people are very lucky. Me, after I don suffer arrange chick for myself, na my papa go scatter everything. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by MrBONE2(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Grandma did something like that. I'm closer to her than my biological parents.
Grandmother trying to match me with the daughter of her very good friend who also double as her neighbor.
Babe is sexually attractive, tall, big @ss & bwess. I thought she's older than me. I come dey see her as my elder sister sef & 4 dis reason i didn't make any move....i knw no say girls dey mature fast pass men.

When i look back, e dey pain me say i no sample d kpekus.
grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by BrytSky: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2022

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2022
cayorday89:

If we all settle for less sef, the main character in the narrative will never settle for less. There are some things she can't just deal with, which the guy is guilty of.

He did get married to another person and he is divorced in less than two years with a child and he still tries messaging my sister but he gets the block, we had to stop attending the church except for my dad.
Exactly what I'm saying. Glad y'all saw the spark before it escalated.

5 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by johnnychuks(m): 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

So has your parents ever try to match make you with anyone befotre? Please share your experience.
. My brother I really get your point for your mother to match mate you with a woman, but let me tell you something you don't comprehend in life, your mum is not doing you any wrong for doing that to you, she is trying to put you in a safe hand, and at same time that lady you are trying to condem mith be your saviour in life, I will ordge you to follow up with that lady, even that spiritual church you are condemning her with will help you in life, just access her, if she have a good family baground of which your mum would have done that for you with out you knowing, that lady will be a perfect match for you, forget this fashion disgner church that can not see danger coming before it comes.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by koboko69: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Guy....You want a little bit of Karishika ..... you will regret your life. I was in the same shoes as u were 5 years ago, naturally beautiful girl, no earrings, no trousers, nothing....always looking decent and still beautiful.....mind you this is in the USA. My parents and family friends tried to match make me, but i was feeling same way u are feeling.
I rejected her cos i wanted a lil bit of karishika kind of girl, a whatsup girl that still a lil decent....not holy holy decent girl.
I am living to regret it, the spec i wanted and ended up with dealt with me, i am still reeling from the effects of that relationship. My holy holy girl is now hapily married, living her best life, you can see peace and joy in the guy's life. I am here regretting seeing how beautiful she still is and how she still maintained her decency. If u dont like her just cos of her "holy holy",dem go teach u, not even with the kind of girls out here now.
I don go back go dey find holy holy now.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by phemmyfour: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Never experience such...Never in vogue in this era anymore
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by McStoic(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
ravensckar:

Omo your dad must be a permanent secretary to the ministry of vawulence. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Idaytesj29(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
Pootle:

take 2bottles for freeing her without checking her kpekus

He didnt say he didnt check the kpekus now, did he?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by etrange: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
Aren't y'all looking for good wives to marry again? grin
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Kingspin(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Calm down brother, You are still young, fresh from school, so everything is sharking you. She is a church girl doesn't mean she can not do other things. Look for other qualities too.

Remember to give yourself time. As you grow old, and hustle for daily bread, sooner you start to understand something you thought wasn't ok in the past, your perception, the taste of life changes.

What am saying, don't dismiss so fast

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Pootle: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
Idaytesj29:

He didnt say he didnt check the kpekus now, did he?

he said he freed her...meaning he did not knack the kpekus
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by legba1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
DaInferno:
og,I agree with your decision 100%. Pass me her number biko...the girl wey I been d date no d fear God, na God d fear am.

Ehyahhhh....I hope the girl never show you shegeh?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by stanvesco(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Bro first see the girl.
What if she's sexy as anything. Kindhearted. Coolheaded. Cultured with fear of God. And actually a wide material?
Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Buje1987(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Lordbinsmar post=113684019]I like the comments wey I dey read for this thread oo ;

I don laugh my anus out with the guy wey his dad always sabotage his girlfriends with his sons behavior. I don laugh � tire like mad. This is the funniest thread ever on Nairaland. People are just looking at me like a mad person who is laughing just reading online. Abeg make person give me Girls number too. Anyway I have not had any experience of match making from and nobody dare tries that with me

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by Evidenx(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Demigod22:

Give me her contact,you don't deserve her. She is too good for you.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by faoogoke(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
paulolee:
mum tried same with one of her church girl because she is tired asking me about marriage plans and getting bored of hearing same excuse of me looking for the perfect one..
she asked me to visit and I saw the churchy looking kemi and mum said she is nice, wife material and we should be friends, I took her number n as time goes by, I realize dt it was match making tinz.
I jus deleted and blocked her line, assuming she get big ass I go tag along, chop n clean mouth..
but she jus jus dry, small boobs, no ass n jus dey like 2 bedroom flat...

Small boobs? No ass? Later on in life you will realise a wife is not about the size of her boobs and ass but the size of her heart.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by orlahtohbadt(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2022
koboko69:

Guy....You want a little bit of Karishika ..... you will regret your life. I was in the same shoes as u were 5 years ago, naturally beautiful girl, no earrings, no trousers, nothing....always looking decent and still beautiful.....mind you this is in the USA. My parents and family friends tried to match make me, but i was feeling same way u are feeling.
I rejected her cos i wanted a lil bit of karishika kind of girl, a whatsup girl that still a lil decent....not holy holy decent girl.
I am living to regret it, the spec i wanted and ended up with dealt with me, i am still reeling from the effects of that relationship. My holy holy girl is now hapily married, living her best life, you can see peace and joy in the guy's life. I am here regretting seeing how beautiful she still is and how she still maintained her decency. If u dont like her just cos of her "holy holy",dem go teach u, not even with the kind of girls out here now.
I don go back go dey find holy holy now.
Bro sorry to enter the conversation o but what didn’t work for you doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work for another. Some people will get that karishika and they will be happy while some will get that holy girl and they will be living in hell cos there and then you’d find they are worse than karishika and no backing out.

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Parents Ever Tried To Match Make You Before? Share Your Experience by fredoooooo: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Make dem dey use religion deceive you . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Find It Very Offensive When Men Cannot Chase Only Women They Can Afford / Poll Results Of What Men And Women Prefer In Each Other / Lady Accosts Her Husband Of 22years At His Side-chick's Home (pix/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.