Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice (35530 Views)

Lady Breaks Off Her Engagement With Her Abroad Boyfriend Because Of His Sister / 'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady / “My Boyfriend & I Broke Up 2 Months Ago, He’s Getting Married To Pregnant Lady" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by LadyFBI(f): 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
[hhh]Uncle met you. He said he wanted to marry you within four months while in Nigeria.

You said no. You said it was too early. You said you needed to know him better. You didn't even give him a timeframe as to when you think it's possible. No wahala.

Uncle travelled oversea. Some 24 months later, you are feeling insecure about what he'll be doing with ladies there and wants to settle down. Uncle is pissed off because he feels he had asked you before the abroad plan and you rejected because you wanted to seek God's info, but now he is abroad, you are certain he relocated from one estate in heaven.

Hanty, so you no know say man wey tell you e wan marry after three months of dating has no time for the long dating waiting process...and fit don marry within two years?

I know you didn't want to agree then so you wouldn't look cheap or desperate, but how can you look cheap then! No bi him suggest am? No bi him meet you? Una Naija girls tho. If you no fit marry am you tell the person, no bi say it's too early. It's too early for marriage but not too early for dating for two years? Na diploma? Na this same “I don't want to look cheap and desperate” don make Bisola turn 49 and all her prayer points don bi “God when.” Of course, because society has time to remember every lady out there unmarried and getting overripe.

Person propose to you, you reject am. How dare you propose now? You get mind o.

I no dey force you into marriage but if you mah know say he is marriageable, by now una for don marry with kids, probably with him overseas.

NOW, THAT'S YOUR OWN STORY. HERE'S WHAT I THINK HAPPENED:

You didn't want to marry him while in Nigeria because he seemed broke to you!

Na as you hear US later, oil begin commot your body.

You ladies are funny sometimes. You need revelation from God for six months to know if a not too wealthy guy is for you but a rich man is the answered prayer and your opportunity comes but once...and you feel the rich guy has no common sense? You feel he doesn't feel he is doing you a favour?

A lady who says she is not ready for marriage then that is now disturbing for marriage is actually inviting sb to use and dump her. If you say you aren't ready for marriage then, keep quiet until he asks again. Repeatedly saying it is suspicious abeg.

To me, dating is for marriage straight-up. Since I don't cheat, I no get time to come dey share girlfriend with dick-hungry Nigerian wild guys. Now imagine the girl disagreed and I come travel from that location she come dey yarn okoto later. No nah.

If you wanted to end it, you would have...na the abroad string wey dey make am difficult for you.

Believe me, if the true story is that you rejected his advances while in Nigeria but are now eager for marriage while he is abroad, you have been dating yourself....and will continue to be used by him...yet the one thing about you that will relocate abroad will be your imagination.

Uncle is now woke and has realized that after all, you aren't bringing anything to the table. I know you'll say you are the table. Well, you don't have table manners.

Please break up with him.
I have no option for peace.

Sorry, I don't mince words.
Have a nice century.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Babaken(m): 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zonefree:

Kunle Ikorodu is not even ready to settle down. He's still busy with agbo and Chelsea dry gin. I'll suggest she try Kareem Mushin. cheesy
Kareem mushin is married with 2 kids his wife and 2 kids are living at igando she just find out unless she want to second wife.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Eniitankorede: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

The problem started when I started talking about marriage cos I want to settle down.
Now he told me he feels I want to use him to travel abroad, that statement really pissed me off because at the beginning of the relationship he was the one that wanted to marry like 3months after we started but I told him I wasn’t ready and I didn’t know him enough.

So which one is I want to use him to travel now??

I feel like maybe because I keep talking about the marriage stuff, that’s why he thinks it’s because of traveling.

I’m thinking it’s only break up that can solve the issue. Cos if it comes from me, then that’s a clear message I’m not dating for abroad
Or how do I solve this issue??

Ps he has been U.S citizen from the beginning of our relationship.
Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.

Now that he is not keen, definitely another lady is gaining his attention. Threaten to break up and see how he reacts. Be ready to move on.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by syntekelite(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
siofra:

When I quote and tag them, do I insult them?

Abeg get out! You think you'll insult me and go away when I did not insult you. You're very wrong.

I'll quote whoever I want on this forum, especially you.

Both of una go give me joy if una marry... grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by poiZon: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
chatinent:
Uncle met you. He said he wanted to marry you within four months while in Nigeria.

You said no. You said it was too early. You said you needed to know him better. You didn't even give him a timeframe as to when you think it's possible. No wahala.

Uncle travelled oversea. Some 24 months later, you are feeling insecure about what he'll be doing with ladies there and wants to settle down. Uncle is pissed off because he feels he had asked you before the abroad plan and you rejected because you wanted to seek God's info, but now he is abroad, you are certain he relocated from one estate in heaven.

Hanty, so you no know say man wey tell you e wan marry after three months of dating has no time for the long dating waiting process...and fit don marry within two years?

I know you didn't want to agree then so you wouldn't look cheap or desperate, but how can you look cheap then! No bi him suggest am? No bi him meet you? Una Naija girls tho. If you no fit marry am you tell the person, no bi say it's too early. It's too early for marriage but not too early for dating for two years? Na diploma? Na this same “I don't want to look cheap and desperate” don make Bisola turn 49 and all her prayer points don bi “God when.” Of course, because society has time to remember every lady out there unmarried and getting overripe.

I no dey force you into marriage but if you mah know say he is marriageable, by now una for don marry with kids, probably with him overseas.

You ladies are funny sometimes. You need revelation from God for six months to know if a not too wealthy guy is for you but a rich man is the answered prayer and your opportunity comes but once...and you feel the rich guy has no common sense? You feel he doesn't feel he is doing you a favour?

A lady who says she is not ready for marriage then that is now disturbing for marriage is actually inviting sb to use and dump her. If you say you aren't ready for marriage then, keep quiet until he asks again. Repeatedly saying it is suspicious abeg.

To me, dating is for marriage straight-up. Since I don't cheat, I no get time to come dey share girlfriend with dick-hungry Nigerian wild guys. Now imagine the girl disagreed and I come travel from that location she come dey yarn okoto later. No nah.

If you wanted to end it, you would have...na the abroad string wey dey make am difficult for you.

Believe me, if the true story is that you rejected his advances while in Nigeria but are now eager for marriage while he is abroad, you have been dating yourself....and will continue to be used by him...yet the one thing about you that will relocate abroad will be your imagination.

Uncle is now woke and has realized that after all, you aren't bringing anything to the table. I know you'll say you are the table. Well, you don't have table manners.

Have a nice century.

Small matter, u don write book..
Imagine if na buhari tell u to say something about his leadership style, we will be reading ur response for 3full hours nonstop.

Oga learn the act of summary, we no come read styleplus for nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
This OP go hear word today... Na special forces carry her matter come table. No group of left-wing feminists can save u grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ninisun:

Narrow minded immature guy like you, you wan like the comment? You have low self esteem!!! Tueh

Very narrow-minded. That one just typed a long ass epistle and thinks he has made sense. Bunch of kids in adults bodies.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Ebubu3: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
chatinent:
Uncle met you. He said he wanted to marry you within four months while in Nigeria.

Have a nice century.

Nice post
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by syntekelite(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
siofra:

You're a very insincere person. I told you to show me where I insulted you and you're bringing up another thing.

My beef is with you. I have never reported you when you insult Nigerian girls I ignore but when you insult me directly, that's the only time I report.

So because the breast is not big, that's why it's okay to cybersexually harass me. I swear this you people's mentality ehn, very disgusting! angry

I'll continue mentioning you when you type rubbish.

How does he know its not big??
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by sehin79(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
serious men are decisive... he wanted you then. and you wanted time... now he wants more time ..
common sense is you have to be fair...
dont talk about it... and just keep dating.(meaning keep doing things that makes you a good partner to him)... and let him bring it up again...
pushing it seems a turn off...just like it was to you then at first.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Alfabest07(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
chatinent:

Have a nice century.

1stly, What if marrying him then would have cut the guy success. Now the guy is balanced, if there was love(if anything like that word as a word) between them, he wouldn't reason that she wants to use him.

2ndly, my 1st paragraph was based on your comment narrating the guy was in Nigeria with her before travelling. As clearly as that is not the case (from OPs post, probably you didn't read by lines). 3 months, is it not too short to meet and know a person to the extent of accepting forever? And most likely, they weren't together the 3 months, he must have travelled back after xmas. For him it could just be to have and keep her as one of his quick sure calls whenever in Nigeria ( asking for marriage has never been a guarantee to the actual marriage, some break up after years). Knowing he had no actual plan of marriage, the girl repeatedly asking about marriage will be a serious disturbance to him and couldn't hide it anymore.

3rdly, OP repeatedly asking for marriage does a girl no good, you'll only appear desperate or after something (as in your case). Except it's a guy who actually shows that it's his intention too but needs a little pushing ( a little pushing, don't pester him or change attitude coz of it, that might be the red flag on you that'll spoil things).
There are ways to hint a guy that he's taking too long. ( e.g so so person came and is asking me to be his gf/wife, a known friend is wedding soon, can you imagine/believe etc).
Make i ask sha, shey he don chop your kpomo?
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Zonefree(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

grin Just you watch and see.

You want to start behaving and faking one calmness? How you go survive if you do not insult Naija women? Like the daily dose of blunt that you take? Make I bend if no you insult before this month finish.

Na ordinary ban dey pepper am. Yet he go dey make mouth, dey form James Bond.
K

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zonefree:
K

smiley Exactly. Retreat behind that like the fool and coward that you are.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by rickleye: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

The problem started when I started talking about marriage cos I want to settle down.
Now he told me he feels I want to use him to travel abroad, that statement really pissed me off because at the beginning of the relationship he was the one that wanted to marry like 3months after we started but I told him I wasn’t ready and I didn’t know him enough.

I feel like maybe because I keep talking about the marriage stuff, that’s why he thinks it’s because of traveling.

I’m thinking it’s only break up that can solve the issue. Cos if it comes from me, then that’s a clear message I’m not dating for abroad

Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.

Ok so here’s my 2 cents.
If you love someone and want to be with them and the issue of marriage comes up isn’t travelling automatic? I mean he’s there and you are here. Aren’t you travelling to meet up with him.
Now, for the fact that he is mentioning “ you want to use him for travelling “ appears to me that your conversation or relationship was not defined from the start and then evolved to something and now you have assumed it to be at that level when he hasn’t ( yet) .
Some personal questions
- when last did you see him ?
- did you guys date before he left the country ?
- has he been back home to see his family etc?
- has he sent you things or money ?
- frequency of your video calls ?
- were you introduced or met any family members.

I won’t lie as someone who’s been abroad, he very likely has a gf there but may prefer someone who is more homely and cultured ( maybe you) the issue here is that the tables have turned and now he thinks you see him as a way out of the country than wanting a committed relationship.

My advise would be for you to have a no holds barrel conversation with him.
- Tunde what am I to you ? A friend or something more.
- I am ready to take this “relationship” to the next level aren’t you ?

I have 2 personal stories but I’ll share one.
I have a Cuz who studied at OAU ( he didn’t finish ) left for Canada. He dated but always had in the back of his mind he wants to marry 9ja. So he asked someone in the family to find someone. They were introduced by phone and they talked almost every day ( frequency) . She met my uncle + aunt ( family knew about her )
and he came home every year to see her ( commitment, when last did you see him) when they were apart.
They are now together inCanada , have 4 kids and the rest is history.

I guess what I am saying is as painful as it is. You have to cut him lose if he is not pursuing the relationship as you are. Put him in the friend zone . He should be the one to drive the relationship status because he could submit the papers for you guys to get married etc etc.

Goodluck .
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by syntekelite(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
The day wey siofra and zonefree go hookup ehhhnnn.. i for like dey there.. two of them be like all those simpy america romance movies,we all know how it ends... grin

3 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by blaquebelle: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
Big mistake bringing your problem to NL as a woman. Nobody even wants to listen to you objectively. They leave their tainted glasses on with one perception of Nigerian women and bash you for all you're worth. Very bad for someone's self esteem.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Alfabest07(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

Ma'am don't listen to them it's a simple question do you love him and does he love you. Resolve that and the rest will fall in place.
eggxactly
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Zonefree(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

smiley Exactly. Retreat behind that like the fool and coward that you are.
Still K

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by yemmie(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
Why did you choose this particular dude
Look in the mirror .. within the 2years of not being with the guy .. how many dudes have you had sexual intercourse?
Was this dude your option A /main guy you loved?
What are you bringing to the union?
Do you truely want to build a future /home / generational wealth for unborn kids with this dude ?
Are you emotionally and mentally ready for marriage and it’s upheavals?
Are you finically independent or have a means for financial independence?
What is the added value you are offering to the guys life for him to appreciate and respect you

Sit down and ask yourself questions be truthful and real to your soul !

Ire oo
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by MartinsD12(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:

You caused your problem yourself, you said you met 3 months he started talking of marriage and you feel three months it's not enough for guy to propose so you want him to propose in two years time, women wetin be una problem really , now the guy gently went abroad while still maintaining the relationship for two years now you brought up marriage you ain't serious at all if na me the moment you said there months it's not enough to propose I will tag you not serious and end everything in that relationship, two years is now enough all these while you have been eating his money, now you want marriage so you can relocate with him, the guy is right.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Positiveme2020: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2022
siofra:

Na so! grin

Don't worry. It's me and you on this forum.

Like this like this two of you will fall in love, and invite us to your wedding.

3 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by fman(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
you go don do sex video skata
For this pal

4 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Ppp1p: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
Guys have to be careful with these nigerian girls

They are prey and hunters.and finessing whorres 80percent of them are retardss. They will remain single till they hit menopause. None of them want to struggle with a man again.

They are interested in long term relationships without sex and no strings attached just for the guy to be footing the bills and playing dice game and praying that such dude which I called a simp should propose and come and marry them and take them abroad.

Well keep dreaming. It’s time for you girls to wake up from your slumber. Get a job or get your parent to sponsor you abroad upgrade yourself and be valuable and useful to a man , a man will cherish you. A man also need support even if he is comfortable he does not want to be burdened by a broke girl . A rich man doesn’t like burden aswell not to talk of a broke man. Look for a man in your comfort zone whom you feel have prospects and bright future date and struggle together and succeed and tell your own stories ! Stop being lazy we all know the economy is hard but you have parents. Parent should do a lot to make sure their girl child succeed so that a man can cherish them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Freethinker87: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
tee59:
Most men who are serious don't play with ladies emotions in relationship. They tell you what they want immediately. He sees his future in you, that was the reason he proposed. But as it's now, he's seeing you as someone who only want to marry him for the gains. Had it been you have accepted his proposal then, he would have been talking about marriage now. So dear, it's not too late to give another guy a chance.

As a man I endorse this. Thank you.

Men usually don't need long dates to make that decision. When we see our future with a woman, it doesn't take long for us to propose. It takes a lot of courage though after iust 4 months.

Her rejection proved to the man that she doesn't see a future with him and that's OK. But asking for that same marriage after 2 years of waiting is highly suspicious.

Perhaps, the man of her dreams didn't find her worthy and she thinks I'm a placeholder. That's how I'll feel anyways.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by chatinent: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Alfabest07:
1stly, What if marrying him then would have cut the guy success. Now the guy is balanced, if there was love(if anything like that word as a word) between them, he wouldn't reason that she wants to use him.

2ndly, my 1st paragraph was based on your comment narrating the guy was in Nigeria with her before travelling. As clearly as that is not the case (from OPs post, probably you didn't read by lines). 3 months, is it not too short to meet and know a person to the extent of accepting forever? And most likely, they weren't together the 3 months, he must have travelled back after xmas. For him it could just be to have and keep her as one of his quick sure calls whenever in Nigeria ( asking for marriage has never been a guarantee to the actual marriage, some break up after years). Knowing he had no actual plan of marriage, the girl repeatedly asking about marriage will be a serious disturbance to him and couldn't hide it anymore.

3rdly, OP repeatedly asking for marriage does a girl no good, you'll only appear desperate or after something (as in your case). Except it's a guy who actually shows that it's his intention too but needs a little pushing ( a little pushing, don't pester him or change attitude coz of it, that might be the red flag on you that'll spoil things).
There are ways to hint a guy that he's taking too long. ( e.g so so person came and is asking me to be his gf/wife, a known friend is wedding soon, can you imagine/believe etc).
Make i ask sha, shey he don chop your kpomo?

Cool down.

You didn't read her first post.

She edited the posts and even added that he's always been in the US so as not to look like a gold digger.

Always verify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zonefree:
Still K

Ehen? grin And does that also change all I've said? Continue repeating it from 'til tomorrow...we go see who go taya na. An incel smoker and beggarly alcoholic always coming online to pour his frustrations on women. Mumu oshi. Oya agree like the robot that you are.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by chatinent: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

Jesu Kristi! All of this text untop CONJECTURE?! Dude, is everything alright? Ha?

Oga, the man has ALWAYS been in the States, according to her!

On a second thought sef, carry on... I should understand better that y'all get off on things like this, so... thumbs up.
She added that part later when criticisms started coming. It wasn't in her original post.

4 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by chatinent: 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ninisun:

You sure sey you do comprehension for secondary school He had been in the US before she met him and so what are you capping

Cool down.

You didn't read her first post.

She edited the posts later and even added that he's always been in the US so as not to look like a gold digger.

5 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

Shame women for jumping at marriage, shame women for taking their time to study whom they want to marry.

What else is new? smiley
She shamed the man by studying him for a whole 2 years plus when he only took only 3 months for him to study her

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
She shamed the man by studying him for a whole 2 years plus when he only took only 3 months for him to study her

Oh. So you believe a woman be studied in 3 months now?
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by chatinent: 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
VULCAN:
Why must you rant about something that was never there?

I had to read the story twice because of you as I knew that I never saw anywhere where she said the guy was based here before they started.

I'm amazed that you could project such into the story.

Imagine someone like you being a Judge

You will send so many innocents to jail
You have also judged without getting the facts.
She never said he was in US initially when we saw her post. She had to edit it later so as not to make her look like a gold digger from the criticisms dropping.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Couple Rocking Wings / A Nairalander Marries His Girlfriend Of 8 Years In Kwara / Couple Set To Wed 6 Years After Meeting On BBM During ASUU Strike. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.