Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,457 members, 7,830,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice (35539 Views)

Lady Breaks Off Her Engagement With Her Abroad Boyfriend Because Of His Sister / 'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady / “My Boyfriend & I Broke Up 2 Months Ago, He’s Getting Married To Pregnant Lady" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by chatinent: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
bdon123:

Did u see where she wrote he has been a us citizen frm d beginning of relationship

She added that part later when criticisms started coming. It wasn't in her initial post.

3 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Allisgud: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zonefree:

You wasn't ready then cos he was broke and poor.

Now levels don change, you are ready. Lol cheesy

Ma'am, the Bobo is not ready now , go and look for who's ready. Madam ready!
u nail it

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

Oh. So you believe a woman be studied in 3 months now?
A prudent man can make up his mind after a search in just 3 months if performance obligation has been satisfied. And our minds are sensitive. If you say you no do and you delay in occupying that space intended for you, a lady much better and presentable than you can occupy that space. And that is game over.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Allisgud: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
Lie,if assuming he was rich then,u wount tell him it's just 3 months of dating u are not ready,moreover how many years did nednwoko date regina[color=#770077][/color]Lie,if assuming he was rich then,u wount tell him it's just 3 months of dating u are not ready,moreover how many years did nednwoko date regina

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Freethinker87: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
SunMusk:
Nawa oooo some one ask for advice as turn to evening newspaper, some of us act as if we don't have sisters at home. We insult ladies anyhow in this forum . Like thy re not human beings. Even if you have disdain for some gender pls control urself. It is shameful. Guys u can be Alpha male with respect. If a man comes to marry any lady in your house or family d first thing we Nigerians ask is what is ur source of livelihood to know if he can feed our daughter or sister. This is what we teach our ladies at home. The guy get job. That will be question we will ask. Everyone do it. Y re people hypocrite. If you can't give advice just rest.

I don't understand the romance section. Everyone seems combative, both men and women.

Alpha male, feminist, simps and all sorts of weird nomenclatures they call each other in anger. You guys should drink some water and chill so that we can discuss and learn from each other.

3 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Saezc: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
The mistake you made from the beginning is rejecting him inside 3months of your relationship, you should’ve considered that he’s very far away from you and for someone to want to marry you and take you America must be very serious about it…..so since you rejected his honest proposal from the beginning he’d think you’re just trying to use him cuz there’s no reason for you rejecting him…..you guys aren’t small so I think you should’ve considered it.

It’s your mistake so learn from it

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
A prudent man can make up his mind after a prudent search in just 3 months if performance obligation has been satisfied. And our minds are sensitive. If you say you no do again you delay in occupying that space, a lady much better and presentable than you can occupy that space. And that is game over.

Why are you adding conditions? Women can be studied in three months, and you obviously believe the guy in the story above has done due diligence to study her in three months?

Lol... so a lady that accepts your marriage proposal after three months of just meeting you is prudent not desperate?

You can marry a woman you don't know from Adam in three months?
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Cowbell521: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

Ps he has been U.S citizen from the beginning of our relationship.
Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.
That boy should avoid you before you ruin his life. Go and marry Akeem from Oshodi. Mumu olosho

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
Freethinker87:
I don't understand the romance section. Everyone seems combative, both men and women.

Alpha male, feminist, simps and all sorts of weird nomenclatures they call each other in anger. You guys should drink some water and chill so that we can discuss and learn from each other.

Which feminist do you see running amok, calling men all sort of names and creating denigrating threads about them? What is weird about believing in equality and the humanness of women?

Can you count how many times threads about women get to the front-page and those guys flock to it as usual, talking down on women and using slurs on them?
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Bar1941(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
Similar thing happened to me 5years ago or thereabout, there was this senseless lady I was trying to woo, I assured her with time everything will be fine, that I loved her and wanted her to be my wife but the mumu was asking me what and what have I acquired materially. This is a lady that two of her younger sisters had married, yet still looking for a millionaire before settling down.

After a while I left Nigeria and I decided to let her know then the fool was asking me "so what is the plan now", I asked her which plan? My plan is to acquire the material things you requested for initially. She was pained but I don't care, after some months I deleted her contacts from my phone.

Back to your topic, his statement made it clear he didn't love or have any plan for you marriage wise, move on.

3 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Cowbell521: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zonefree:

Kunle Ikorodu is not even ready to settle down. He's still busy with agbo and Chelsea dry gin. I'll suggest she try Kareem Mushin. cheesy
or Musibaw from Ojota

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Cowbell521: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:

No he has been abroad from the beginning
When we met he came home for Christmas
Opportunistic bigot
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2022
chatinent:
She added that part later when criticisms started coming. It wasn't in her original post.

Okay, and you certainly know that the guy WAS in Nigeria? undecided She said he's a US citizen at the time they started dating. Even in the initial post before she modified, she never mentioned that the guy was struggling and broke and whatnot in Nigeria...
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Kaysalas(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
syntekelite:
The day wey siofra and zonefree go hookup ehhhnnn.. i for like dey there.. two of them be like all those simpy america romance movies,we all know how it ends... grin
My exact thoughts from the very beginning grin grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Iamyemmie: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
rickleye:

Ok so here’s my 2 cents.
If you love someone and want to be with them and the issue of marriage comes up isn’t travelling automatic? I mean he’s there and you are here. Aren’t you travelling to meet up with him.
Now, for the fact that he is mentioning “ you want to use him for travelling “ appears to me that your conversation or relationship was not defined from the start and then evolved to something and now you have assumed it to be at that level when he hasn’t ( yet) .
Some personal questions
- when last did you see him ?
- did you guys date before he left the country ?
- has he been back home to see his family etc?
- has he sent you things or money ?
- frequency of your video calls ?
- were you introduced or met any family members.

I won’t lie as someone who’s been abroad, he very likely has a gf there but may prefer someone who is more homely and cultured ( maybe you) the issue here is that the tables have turned and now he thinks you see him as a way out of the country than wanting a committed relationship.

My advise would be for you to have a no holds barrel conversation with him.
- Tunde what am I to you ? A friend or something more.
- I am ready to take this “relationship” to the next level aren’t you ?

I have 2 personal stories but I’ll share one.
I have a Cuz who studied at OAU ( he didn’t finish ) left for Canada. He dated but always had in the back of his mind he wants to marry 9ja. So he asked someone in the family to find someone. They were introduced by phone and they talked almost every day ( frequency) . She met my uncle + aunt ( family knew about her )
and he came home every year to see her ( commitment, when last did you see him) when they were apart.
They are now together inCanada , have 4 kids and the rest is history.

I guess what I am saying is as painful as it is. You have to cut him lose if he is not pursuing the relationship as you are. Put him in the friend zone . He should be the one to drive the relationship status because he could submit the papers for you guys to get married etc etc.

Goodluck .
Thanks for the advice
To answer your questions
-He came to see me last December he left January
-No we did not(we met when he came to visit his parents in Nigeria)
-Yes he comes everyyear and I go to meet him at his parent’s house
-Yes he brings stuffs for me when he comes and he gives me money
-We talk and chat everyday and video calls too
We talk atleast 10hrs a day
-Yes he introduced me to all his family members and they call me too

Our relationship is solid to me ,don’t know where this is coming from
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Zonefree(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

Ehen? grin And does that also change all I've said? Continue repeating it from 'til tomorrow...we go see who go taya na. An incel smoker and beggarly alcoholic always coming online to pour his frustrations on women. Mumu oshi. Oya agree like the robot that you are.
K

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Alfabest07(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
fman:
you go don do sex video skata
For this pal
grin grin grin
Guys dey reason go far o, and truth fit dey am sef

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by phemmyfour: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

The problem started when I started talking about marriage cos I want to settle down.
Now he told me he feels I want to use him to travel abroad, that statement really pissed me off because at the beginning of the relationship he was the one that wanted to marry like 3months after we started but I told him I wasn’t ready and I didn’t know him enough.

So which one is I want to use him to travel now??

I feel like maybe because I keep talking about the marriage stuff, that’s why he thinks it’s because of traveling.

I’m thinking it’s only break up that can solve the issue. Cos if it comes from me, then that’s a clear message I’m not dating for abroad
Or how do I solve this issue??

Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.
If you think you can endure the bolded just for green card....go ahead. If being alive and respected is your priority, my dear, use your tongue to count your teeth
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

A prudent man can make up his mind after a prudent search in just 3 months if performance obligation has been satisfied. And our minds are sensitive. If you say you no do and you delay in occupying that space intended for you, a lady much better and presentable than you can occupy that space. And that is game over.

✏ ✏ Oh, I have also learnt today that if a US-based guy asks for my hand in marriage, three months after our first meeting, accepting it is PRUDENT of me. smiley smiley

That doesn't make me a desperado beech looking for a green card to japa and milk him.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by usagee36: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
Haha guess you met him online. My dear sister forget him because men from here don't import anymore. Too many bad stories.
Iamyemmie:

The problem started when I started talking about marriage cos I want to settle down.
Now he told me he feels I want to use him to travel abroad, that statement really pissed me off because at the beginning of the relationship he was the one that wanted to marry like 3months after we started but I told him I wasn’t ready and I didn’t know him enough.

I feel like maybe because I keep talking about the marriage stuff, that’s why he thinks it’s because of traveling.

I’m thinking it’s only break up that can solve the issue. Cos if it comes from me, then that’s a clear message I’m not dating for abroad

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Alfabest07(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
chatinent:

Cool down.

You didn't read her first post.

She edited the posts and even added that he's always been in the US so as not to look like a gold digger.

Always verify.
okay then, i understand the angle of your comment better now, and truth fit dey am too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by fman(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
Alfabest07:
grin grin grin
Guys dey reason go far o, and truth fit dey am sef
if we no reason,
Wetin we gain?

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by cooooooks(m): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
Break up with him.

I am an abroadian boyfriend. The only reason I even pursued the lady in question is because I saw my wife in her. If marriage is not the goal, there is little point in abroad-Naija relationship.

From his point of view, I can see his fears. That just shows that the trust is not there, and he should break up with you.

Alternatively, you two could try to get you to come as a student to the States. That way, you two could have a normal relationship, NO STRINGS ATTACHED. If you two still want to marry, great, if not, you separate.

Iamyemmie:

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by 2dice01: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Very correct, there is always a plan "B"
The plan reach Z sef cool
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by begoniaa: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2022
Zonefree:
K

Keep on... I will take advantage of it and enjoy it 'til the last. cheesy

Shey because it is me, you cannot let go, ba? You wan show yourself but you no really want provoke too much... because when other ladies insult you, you say one or two "Ks" and move on. But you CANNOT resist sparring with me. And I won't stop it. How does it feel being insulted and trolled without being able to respond as you wish? Shey you know how to run your mouth at me before?

Poor, broken beggarly boy with a dysfunctional childhood. :-(
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by cooooooks(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
We do if we met our wives in person in Naija.

We could if we love & trust them.

usagee36:
Haha guess you met him online. My dear sister forget him because men from here don't import anymore. Too many bad stories.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Freethinker87: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

Which feminist do you see running amok, calling men all sort of names and creating denigrating threads about them? What is weird about believing in equality and the humanness of women?

Can you count how many times threads about women get to the front-page and those guys flock to it as usual, talking down on women and using slurs on them?

Calm down. You're sounding agitated and that's the combativeness I was speaking of. Your aggression is misplaced and totally unnecessary.

You didn't understand my text in context. I was speaking generally about the name calling in the romance section. I don't venture into the romance section, only when a thread is moved to the frontpage ...and everytime I've noticed that the commenters are usually combative and I wonder why that is.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by usagee36: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
God bless America men grin grin
Iamyemmie:

Thanks for the advice
To answer your questions
-He came to see me last December he left January
-No we did not(we met when he came to visit his parents in Nigeria)
-Yes he comes everywhere and I go to meet him at his parent’s house
-Yes he brings stuffs for me when he comes and he gives me money
-We talk and chat everyday and video calls too
We talk atleast 10hrs a day
-Yes he introduced me to all his family members and they call me too

Our relationship is solid to me ,don’t know where this is coming from
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by cooooooks(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
Loool

3 months marriage? Even his family will try to block it.

begoniaa:

✏ ✏ Oh, I have also learnt today that if a US-based guy asks for my hand in marriage, three months after our first meeting, accepting it is PRUDENT of me. smiley smiley

That doesn't make me a desperado beech looking for a green card to japa and milk him.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Munzy14(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:

I will commend the guy for wanting to marry a lady he met in just three months..That's short to understand a woman he intends to make a forever..

You on your part played hard to get or probably into some one else..

Seems tables turned, you now pressure him with marriage talks...First impression matters.

You ladies don't know when you push away that dude specially meant for you..All because of selfish gains, and unexplainable shakara...Plus nasty characters..

A lady must make herself approachable..Because a man does the chase..We found you as woman and obtain favour from the Lord..Not you telling us I am here o grin

Or doing hide and seek..To appear woke.

You look desperate now, probably you have sized him up and he is doing okay..You are now talking marriage.. undecided He lost interest when you pushed him away..Men don't forgive that...When they front a genuine interest, you push it off like the world revolve around you..

Lick your wounds and move on.

Our abroad based guys go for the most submissive women when e reach to marry...Reasons why na their mama/ papa or relative the find wife for them.. cheesy

You sound egotistical..He is afraid you will rebel against him the moment he brings you over..And which is at least 73.44% truth from how you treated him from onset.

4 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Zonefree(m): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
begoniaa:

Keep on... I will take advantage of it and enjoy it 'til the last. cheesy

Shey because it is me, you cannot let go, ba? You wan show yourself but you no really want provoke too much... because when other ladies insult you, you say one or two "Ks" and move on. But you CANNOT resist sparring with me. And I won't stop it. How does it feel being insulted and trolled without being able to respond as you wish? Shey you know how to run your mouth at me before?

Poor, broken beggarly boy with a dysfunctional childhood. :-(
Magnoliaa, is everything okay with you?

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by NoToPile: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
The same people that will castigated the OP if she married an abroad person she didn't know well after 3 months are the same ones saying she should have married him and then would have still blamed her for gold digging if things went wrong in the marriage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Couple Set To Wed 6 Years After Meeting On BBM During ASUU Strike. Photos / How To Spot A Fake Abuja Big Boy / My Girlfriend Is Too Close To Her Reverend Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.