Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96210 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by duality(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
osazsky:
Pls can anyone help me on how to get ml 320 or 350 between 1999 and 2002..I love that car die and the durability and ruggedity is compared to none..no nowadays cars na paper mechanic everyday 6 cylinders.. fairly used but very neat..any color

Play go trinity Apapa. Do that three times, you'll be fine

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Benfornimo(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
[Op can can u mention the warehouse like buy my car Der too thanks sir quote author=Oluvisual post=114833275]

The Car dealer and his brother are not nice, this is Lagos... They will give you in return what you offer, if you bring madness you will get double... Nobody does business of millions is a nice man in Lagos [/quote]
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by DeGLORIOUS: 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Don't mind the jealous guys criticising you left and right. You shouldn't expect applause from everyone. The most important thing is that you have gotten your target. A lot of us have learned a lot from your adventure. Congratulations bro. No be the car go kill you, Na you go kill am. Enjoy your car.

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Samidecking717(m): 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations, Nigeria will be great again.get ur PVC my brothers and sisters
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Elxandre(m): 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
mactoni91:
4.1m for Toyota Corolla...

Omo!.. People get mind.

That money would have given you a Very Neat, high performance V8 Volvo x90 SUV
You fit compare maintenance of Corolla to Volvo? Not to talk about the fuel consumption of a mostrous V8 engine.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by fxdee(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
His bank held the money. He checked his statement of acct. He wasn't the only one with the issue.
oh OK.. Enjoy your ride.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by master224: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Online pictures kill you there
Congratz op, just make sure to service regularly, and get leather covers for the seats
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Idaytesj29(m): 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
CAR PERFORMANCE
I will not regret going to Lagos to get the car. That car's performance is 100%

If car's were birds, that car would be an eagle. The car was flying. I was moving at 170kph.

I was told that before I reached PH I will visit filling station thrice to refuel it.

And I believed because when I was going to Lagos our driver visited the filing station thrice.

The fuel consumption of this car is amazing. I filled up the tank in Lekki 55ltrs filled in.

I on A/C from Lagos to PH.
I arrived PH with enough fuel still in the tank.

That is the major advantage of a corolla

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by skywalker240(m): 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations Bro
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by heendrix(m): 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Itsrm:

170kph is the same. Whether in a Corolla or a Ferrari
indeed

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by HERITAGEFASHION(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Wow!
First,i enjoyed how you gave details of your adventurous trip. Welcome Back!
You spent more money on accomodation probably due to the rain and the Jiji stuff than the money you used in settlements and fuel.
Next time please try and contrat someone who lives in Lagos and knows about Auto(as there's more to cars than speed)

As for the Car,please make sure to always check oil and battery before starting and also spend few bucks in upgrading the Car security.

Park in a secured environment as Corolla and it's parts are 'hot cake' to Carjackers.

Welcome Back Once More.
Am Happy For You!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by NoToTerrorists: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
ahh. 4.1 on this Corolla. You get mind o.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by charlesbkd: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Thanks For Believing In Us Mr JOHN
Congratulations ones Again @BKDAUTOS #BKDAUTOS
A Very Detailed Writer
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tonididdy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
Being there, done that, will never try it again !

The farthest I can go is delta since I'm based in Benin. Not that I cannot drive lagos distances but it's not worth it cost wise, distance wise and safety wise.

At the end of it all, no matter how rosy you have narrated this....it was a useless venture.
More a case of," money miss road"

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by cRobo: 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
barragan:

The word you're looking for is "haggle".

I think its " bargain "

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
First car owners are very funny. Did you scan that car to check the vehicle history. Go and check the history and show me the accidented car you bought for 4.1m. Lol

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by iykofias(m): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
charlesbkd:
Thanks For Believing In Us Mr JOHN
Congratulations ones Again @BKDAUTOS #BKDAUTOS
A Very Detailed Writer
this one wan claim glory grin

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Help me with maintenance tips please.
U don't even need maintenance tips on a tokunbo 07 corolla, because this car will not give u a single issue. Just tell ur mechanic to check the break pads if it wasn't changed at Lagos. Then with time when u have funds, u change the tyres & battery. Often times dealers use old tyres & battery just to sell cars. Once u are able to do this, all u need is regular servicing.

Corolla is too durable & reliable. It won't even seem as if u own a car, because u will not be spending at all. Since I bought my corolla in 2019, the only thing I do is regular servicing, after I changed the tyres & battery. I have lexus ES350, but I enjoy my corolla more than it. Any small thing, light go dey show for dashboard for that one because sensors too plenty, but I travel with corolla from Edo state to abuja often, the car never give me issue one day. U will enjoy that car. The car is too strong & good for our roads too. My Lexus has been under tapolyn for quite sometime now, because I enjoy riding corolla more.

10 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by 2kurupt(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good to know you're back and safe in Port Harcourt. Your encounter shows you've a very determined mindset.

Enjoy your new ride and don't forget to put security and tracker on that car, that version of Corolla infamously attracts thieves.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jimb(m): 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
God just spoke to me now..
he said he was with you all along..

Even in your darkest hours..

congratulations to you.

you made a friend in me..

feel free to message me any time you find yourself in Enugu. 07036430602
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Kennydara(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nice

More blessings.

Inspired by your story.

You wrote the story out of the great experiences and it's good you dropped it here.

Get comprehensive insurance for your ride. Just btw 3%-4%per annum.
I can help with that tho.

Enjoy your ride bro.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:

4million way surpose get u Lexus Es350 Car 2010 in PH,
better tins de around u but u no de see,
Shine ur Eyes next time.

1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by centilad(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
tongue Jiji or Olist we dnt evn know who sincere pass
AbelAbdul:
WHAT I DISCOVERED ABOUT ONLINE GOODS.
Most GOODS you see online, their price tags are not the real prices of those goods.

Sellers put lower prices to lure buyers to their shops.

The prices of that TOYOTA Corolla cars I saw on jiji were different when I went to meet the sellers.

They put N3m on jiji while the actual price is N3.8m
Most guys on jiji do not own cars. they are pure agents. They will go to car stands snap pictures and upload online with very low prices.
Quite unfair we're treating ourselves like this everywhere here in Lagos and it's worsening cos outsiders are seeing it as the new way of life in Lagos

What you see vs What you get
Meanwhile you're destroying other people's sincere businesses

In a group, sbdy asked: who has a particular product?
The first 3persons answerd with their diff prices in descending order. 25 to 15k
Na so I write 5k for my own. Abi, No be count dwn? wink

Moreover, wen buyer gets to your shop, he'd still hv to either wait or hear additional storyline.

Jiji hired contract staffs sometimes ago(at a rate per shop/seller), who went around registering people on their platform. Tws to direct traffic and promote their business.

SEO guys know all d gist
But tws to the detriment of the core market.

Agreed genuine products n parts are still available on the site but it's filled with 80% Scam.

You see products gotn a brand nme. Business registered with CAC + SON Certification but na 100% fake. They'd say: we're growing.

Meanwhile the originals are suffering.
And come to think of it. The greediness of the buyers also contributes to this

Unappreciative fellows you preach all the truth to but who'd end up going smwhr els to fall for dir scam. And still get mind call you to come fix it grin

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by vikstandon(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations Comrade... Your story and doggedness is inspiring.

I will own my car like you did someday... It won't take long.
May Almighty and Compassionate God keep you safe in that vehicle all the years you would travel in it... It won't be a coffin.

You would drive it and it won't be your last car... You would go on to drive a better one, in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Dreadlock69(m): 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
Im happy for you God wey do am for you go riun am for us too

Abeg no splash us water for road make we know swear for you

Kashamadupe
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Sammy101111(m): 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
Op to be honest the car does not worth 4.1 or even 4millions

You will get a nice c300 benz with better interior design with better engine at 4million

Or even get a better muscle camry v6
At 4million

My friend wanted to buy corolla this year I chanced he's mind he bought muscle camry v6
Paded the camry na flash we bought it for 3.9 last 2 month

If you want to buy a car they dont rush because most of this tokunbo are being repaired and fixed here and packaged as tokunbo after 3 to 4 month body go tell

Bro I can bet with all myife that corolla you bought na accident car wag them fix

Apapa them no get joy there them go scope you Give you tokunbo car yet you go still spend small change before enjoy am

There are tokunbo muscle Camry v4 of 3.8million tokunbo

Corolla is boring there interior are less

But God bless you enjoy your car and always remember to drive safe na your car no body they rush you ..

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by osazsky(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
duality:

Play go trinity Apapa. Do that three times, you'll be fine
can I get numbered clean one there..thks for this info
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by macaranta(m): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
My guy bought a Toyota hybrid camry 08 for 2.9m or so. A friend bought a 2010 corrola for 2.65m last year or so. How on earth do you buy this 1.8m Nigerian used corrola for combined cost of 4.1m? Like wtf. Maybe you came across some easy money and couldn't wait to blow it.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by alizma: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:

There was no way you would have spent that much on the same car in PH, true or false?
That being said, I enjoy your story and the experience.
Abeg which side of pH you dey? Make we go casoni, lockdown bar, tap out, fojeh or the boss make you go wash am for PH nairalanders on this topic
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by des4ella(m): 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Thank God for journey mercies; but next time hire guys like us wey know road to help you drive the car and at affordable price. The reason why most regular drivers charge 100k is due to the too much settlement on the road. Imagining settling more than 18 custom check point (1k each), about 10 army check point (#500 each) police uncountable (#200 or #500 each). How much go remain for the Driver hand nah shocked sad sad I did Lagos to Abuja for less than 100k cos the Bros na my guy, did Kano 130k, Uyo 120k, Enugu/Abakaliki 75k and PH for just 60k.... angry angry shocked. The Road rough but the we dey rough too undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by osazsky(m): 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
The car is not neat.. looks like it has been worked on by Nigeria spray painters and u paid 4.1m for it...na taxify come make Corolla be like better motor sha..u for buy muscle with that amount na..upgraded one self..voltrun

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Realist12: 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
JokwaNwannem:
But why is it the cost of goods and other products in lagos is just the same price or even cheaper in the east despite importing many of our products from lagos ports or is it that traders in the east doesn't take their transport cost from lagos to east into consideration.
can I answer your question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.