Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96248 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by stagger: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Next time buy the car from abroad and ship it. Last vehicle I bought like this came with brand new tires. I no change tire for like 5 years and everything in the car worked. Till today, the ac fogs my windscreen at night.

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

Jealousy?

Bitterness?

For what?

For someone I don't even know even existed?

Stop projecting yourself on this thread.

Yeesh.

And let me rest from your useless corner in that your pathetic life who
REST!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by brightest5050: 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Treadway:
I swear I was just saying the same thing to my wife. It will get a super clean less than a year used 2013 Camry easy with a little looking around. I can't believe someone spent a total of 4 million naira on a 2005 corolla!!!! Na him money sha. Congrats! Remember to insure it

I know the craze for corolla is alarming but to spend a total of 4.1 M (car and expenses) is the height of it.

@bolded the remember to insure it is a major dev!l that most corolla user of that model have to deal with.
I hope Op compound have a gate and is fenced.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ecolime(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Old Toyota Corolla for N4.1M? shocked You've been scammed dude.

As for Police, the number of check points between Lagos and PH go nearly reach 100 (Not exaggerating) and it's not funny at all.

Na man you be even though Lagos car dealers run you street cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by texannaija: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
All in all……Welcome/Bye to LAGOS…..You are smart and I love that!. Thumbs up!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rubbiish:

I tire o
I thought it was only me!
2019 I bought a corolla for 2.1m when I could have gotten a Camry, till date i don't regret it. Everyone have a purpose for buying a car
The dude was just ranting optimally about someone's car.

That's was disappointing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by bonnyhope: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
mactoni91:
4.1m for Toyota Corolla...

Omo!.. People get mind.

That money would have given you a Very Neat, high performance V8 Volvo x90 SUV
Initial cost not the issue
What about maintenance

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by heendrix(m): 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
nedekid:
Apc really destroyed this country. You mean a 20 or so year old car is now over 3m in naija?!
Ohh God, may God punish those that have brought this country to this state, where a man will work hard, save money to buy and celebrate a used 20 year old car that should be in the junk yard. With this same money few years ago, this fellow would have bought a brand new civic or corolla. Mint as in zero milage!
OP, congrats. May almighty continue to provide for us.

naso we see am o but still some folks will still confidently campaign for Atiku or Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Quim2: 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.

Where was the warehouse located exactly..

Where you bought the car

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tobore4u(m): 9:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Go and price corolla 2005 to 2008 again and tell me the price. Go to car stand not online.
boss reply na
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
luminouz:

REST!!!

See the busybody idiot taking panadol for another person wey no get headache dey tell person to rest.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
seniorgozman:
You did 170kph with this car and you are still alive? A car that the maximum speed is 180kph, op easy with your lies
Yes I did 170kph. You got a problem with that?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ajascolove(m): 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
According to you, you were afraid to fall victim of LASTMA because they are wicked to drivers and yet you took one way which was the greatest traffic offence. Why do you derive joy in committing an offence but labelling LASTMA a wicked agency of government?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Spain007(m): 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
mactoni91:

Omo!.. People get mind.

Hahaha V8 Volvo XC90....u get MIND.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tsdarkside(m): 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
calculator123:

What made you think he didn't haggle?

he didnt say,just moving from a area to another in lagos....

wuss....!!

tourist wuss....!!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Buharidgeneral: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I have uploaded pics.

Congratulations and enjoy your ride.
You're better a good adventure writer
Keep it up and cool it down

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by kaymart: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I was deceived by Lagos online price.
I followed your first thread.
A lot of people advised you to cut your loss and return to PH but u were adamant.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tsdarkside(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
Buharidgeneral:

Congratulations and enjoy your ride.
You're better a good adventure writer
Keep it up

kiki....

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by harmony75: 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats you bought car nobody will hear word. Is Lagos bad that you left your base to come buy car here in Lagos? Just yen yen yen so childish!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by KristaPretty(f): 9:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Was a very interesting story, thanks for sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tsdarkside(m): 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
kaymart:

I followed your first thread.
A lot of people advised you to cut your loss and return to PH but u were adamant.

the guy na dodo joor....
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by femiasaolu2014: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
I remember the good old days of Inspired Autos. That man had f*cking clean cars, direct tokunbo from the USA.

Alas, no one knew that the man was a BEC scammer who was washing his fraud money through his car business.

I wonder where he is now.

Only nairaland OGs will know him.

14 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
Harper235:
Abel, can you kindly share the name of the warehouse you bought your Corolla or the number of the manager.
Go to Apapa Tin Can side ask for where corollas are packed.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by seanwilliam(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats my man. E no go be your coffins insha allah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by femiasaolu2014: 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
stagger:
Next time buy the car from abroad and ship it. Last vehicle I bought like this came with brand new tires. I no change tire for like 5 years and everything in the car worked. Till today, the ac fogs my windscreen at night.

Any links? I might be needing a foreign connection soon. I cant buy these naija used cars that Lagos car lots sell as foreign used.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tsdarkside(m): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Go to Apapa Tin Can side ask for where corollas are packed.

you be dodo....!!

the darkside says soo....
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Dksmile: 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
mactoni91:

Omo!.. People get mind.

Imagine not even V6, V8 do you know what it takes to maintain V8 cars especially for this our present economic and even the car self no get secondhand value for nigeria no try am abeg

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by osazsky(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
u were scammed my bro..the America spec goes for 3.7m in Benin city..why do people actually think cars are cheap in Lagos.. see all the stresses.. u for just go sapele road buy the car and leave the nxt day
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by TyroneP(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Same thing happened to me years back when I wanted to buy my Acura MDX. I left my state to meet up with a dealer I met on jiji because the price was so cheap that I had to board a flight within few hours of contacting him... i ended up spending days in Lagos before I finally got it. The bottom line is most prices in the auto section on jiji are not real.

AbelAbdul:
WHAT I DISCOVERED ABOUT ONLINE GOODS.
Most GOODS you see online, their price tags are not the real prices of those goods.

Sellers put lower prices to lure buyers to their shops.

The prices of that TOYOTA Corolla cars I saw on jiji were different when I went to meet the sellers.

They put N3m on jiji while the actual price is N3.8m
Most guys on jiji do not own cars. they are pure agents. They will go to car stands snap pictures and upload online with very low prices.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Yes I did 170kph. You got a problem with that?
You can't do 170 on that model of corolla.
Once u cross 140 u can't control that car, not to talk of a learner that has spent less than 5 years driving. I once did around 140 on my corolla coming from Benin to abuja around abaji, I nearly enter bush. Once u cross 140 on a light four plug car like corolla, accident don sure be that. A little steering wave, it will take a lot of experience to control that car BTW 130 & 140, not to talk of 170, that na suicide!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OfficialSam(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
OP, trust me, you will be tired of Corolla within a year. Very bland car, plus the risk of getting robbed.

3.5 million or less is enough to get a sweet Honda Accord 2008-2010. It commands more prestige on the road than any bland and empty Corolla. Keke and motor-bikes will be afraid of coming close to your bumper because of how dashing Evil Spirit looks, unlike Corolla.

The evil spirit is fuel efficient and easy to maintain as well.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by brightest5050: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

My thoughts exactly. He would have gotten himself a clean direct Canada Camry.

A friend of mine bought one just about four months back from same Lagos for 3.5.

Adding naira devaluation that car would be going for no more than 3.9mil as of today.

Heck, I would even get an ML 350 Nigerian used but in good shape for less than what the op spent procuring that Pleb car that has no single class, driving experience off road or on road.

What am I concerned about fuel consumption? I be taxi driver? I will drive that Benz till the wheels fall off.

Benz owner speaking , and I know the myth Nigerians have about Benz being expensive to maintain and all but I can assure you its all a myth.

If you follow the instruction manual on maintaining your Benz to a T you won't have any issues. Their parts are made to last and not replaced. So that's why if they break down they cist you an arm. Yes Benz is your typical over engineered German car built by German autists for fellow German autists obsessed with details and micromanagement. But this is a German car after all built in German tradition for a German driver. I keep telling people who erroneously complain about Benz maintainace cost that only sloppy ret@rds with little or no knowledge about cars complain about German cars.

The only thing you have to do with a Benz is follow all maintenance as stated by the manufacturer and never ignore any small issues no matter how minor as this can escalate to a major issue in a very highly engineered car like benz.

Toyota is crap. I can't even see myself drive any of their salons as it is so light and feels so unsafe when handling on High speeds. I like their off road cars tho but their salons suck.

The part of benz can last forever while for Japanese that was changed same time as benz, the owner will have to keep changing the same part at interval.

Op is a typical Nigerian that will value fuel efficiency over comfort, handling, luxury etc. When I read the Op previous thread I thought he wanted to use the ride for uber/bolt but for Op to spend 4m + on that corolla it shows some level of financial stability which I doubt he want to do bolt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.