Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96216 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ford101: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
Godpunishanymod:
Thank God you finally got what you longed for and you're sound and safe In PH... I followed your previous story then and I was damn scared that you might probably be scammed, thank GOD you ain't....

Abeg make una come drop tips for THIS NEW SUPER EAGLE RIDER o
he was scammed na.from his story and from wat I no a corolla 2003 to 2007 is a car if u buy direct tokumbo u shouldn't fix any thing and u can drive from lagos to pH. Highest I had to change in my corolla 2007 wen I bought it was the battery that was after I used it for 5days.since August last year.ok I had to top the ac gas.the guy was scammed.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by bonnyhope: 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
formerUKSF:

Stop saying this thing.
Lekki na your mate

Flooded area

Shm...m

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Jeffy1206(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
OfficialSam:
OP, trust me, you will be tired of Corolla within a year. Very bland car, plus the risk of getting robbed.

3.5 million or less is enough to get a sweet Honda Accord 2008-2010. It commands more prestige on the road than any bland and empty Corolla. Keke and motor-bikes will be afraid of coming close to your bumper because of how dashing Evil Spirit looks, unlike Corolla.

The evil spirit is fuel efficient and easy to maintain as well.
no mind am Honda na correct motor. He just wasted money on BOLT motor � here in Abuja, everyone thinks you as bolt driver if you're using those corolla motors. undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
Neoteny:

Ever heard of "one man's meat..." ?

Some people like Mercs, others prefer Toyotas.

Preference is highly subjective.

Shikenna.

Well he has a really shitty taste if that low end corrola is his dream car and for all the stress and dangers he put himself through to get it, I still say : it wasn't worth it.

Yahoo boys go broke by the hour and they need to keep up appearances and their new found drug habits. He would have seen a clean cheaper and better deal from just that end alone.

Besides, I thought this was car section ?

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by barragan: 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
tsdarkside:

for crying out loud,you are a nigerian....have you forgotin how to banter....??

you can price anything down....you are such a wuss....you should have stayed in ph....

The word you're looking for is "haggle".

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OmodavidoX(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
OfficialSam:
OP, trust me, you will be tired of Corolla within a year. Very bland car, plus the risk of getting robbed.

3.5 million or less is enough to get a sweet Honda Accord 2008-2010. It commands more prestige on the road than any bland and empty Corolla. Keke and motor-bikes will be afraid of coming close to your bumper because of how dashing Evil Spirit looks, unlike Corolla.

The evil spirit is fuel efficient and easy to maintain as well.
This your car is entering my eyes. The interior is lovely too. I will surely get this

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Well, I controlled mine at 170kph. That means I got the best car. Thanks.
It is not matter of best car
I have been riding 06 corolla for years & I know a lot about that car. When it comes to speed, a lot comes into play, the weight, balance & engine size of that car will not allow u to maintain a 170. U can only tell this to people that are yet to drive a corolla. Not someone that has been using corolla for Benin to abuja for years. Max speed on that car is 180, so u can't run 170!

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by SaiRuiMall: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.
VAWULENCE CITY IS NOW IN THE STREET.

This is to inform those who wish to join the Vawulence City Media street Skits/Comedy Team for short skits such as Pranks, Questions[b] & Answers, Comedy to DM ASAP with their details.

Please Note: Only Serious minded Persons and must base in Ebonyi State.

Headed by Princewill and CatyBlaq

1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Itsrm(m): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
heendrix:

Nigga that car is with ah 1.8 engine so that 170km/hr he sped with might just be 140kph on a 3.5engine like the Lexus es350

170kph is the same. Whether in a Corolla or a Ferrari

10 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Doctortest: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
My car wey I buy for 2.5 this January sure pass this one Baba

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by mrphysics(m): 9:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Apapa Tin can after mile 2.

Didn't know on time. I know someone in Apapa Tin can. I went there to buy a car and it was a good experience.

Got a 2010 Camry @ 3.3m last year October.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luizpippo(m): 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
More wins

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by iykofias(m): 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Jeffy1206:
no mind am Honda na correct motor. He just wasted money on BOLT motor � here in Abuja, everyone thinks you as bolt driver if you're using those corolla motors. undecided
who cares what people (strangers) think? Certainly not the Op

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by mrphysics(m): 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Itsrm:

140kmph is the same. Whether in a Corolla or a Ferrari

Honestly I don't know the nonsense the guy was talking about. Speed is speed.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by mrphysics(m): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rubbiish:

I have been riding 06 corolla for years & I know a lot about that car. When it comes to speed, a lot comes into play, the weight, balance & engine size of that car will not allow u to maintain a 170. U can only tell this to people that are yet to drive a corolla. Not someone that has been using corolla for Benin to abuja for years. Max speed on that car is 180, so u can't run 170!
The highest he got to maybe 130 km/hr.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by faithfull18(f): 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
Your risk appetite is high, you get mind oh.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
mrphysics:

The most he got to maybe 130 km/hr.
Exactly!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
bonnyhope:

Flooded area

Shm...m

Last time i check cities in Germany were heavily flooded.
Please use google to check flooding in china cities before you come here to shit talk lagos

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AutomaticMotors: 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FINALLY SAW A CAR I WANTED TO BUY
Where I went to buy the car was a warehouse that contains a lot of cars. What port harcourt doesn't have.

I checked the car, it was ok to my taste. Told the dealer I was going with the vehicle that same day.

I made transfer while waiting for the dealer to get alert I have already started the registration of the car.

I was advised to register it so police would not disturb me on the road.

After registration of the vehicle it took more than 24hrs for the dealer to receive alert. In fact the dealer and I went to his bank and my bank to complain.

Finally the alert entered the following day at about 2pm. That was when the dealer issued me receipt for the car.

The car dealer and his brother were very cool and understandable

You never stated the model year of the car bro
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
Toktee:
Oga that car's speedometer is not up to 170k na. grin

How u take drive 170k per hr?
It's actually 180kph. Maybe you don't know the difference between kph and mph

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by davidvico(m): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations to you
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rubbiish:

Help me with maintenance tips please.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by cRobo: 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
stagger:
Next time buy the car from abroad and ship it. Last vehicle I bought like this came with brand new tires. I no change tire for like 5 years and everything in the car worked. Till today, the ac fogs my windscreen at night.

Which site did you use
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
mrphysics:

The highest he got to maybe 130 km/hr.
Next time I will do 170kph i will record it and upload it here.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

You never stated the model year of the car bro
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Neoteny:

So why are you dictating to him how to have an opinion?
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by ibinaboonline: 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
Personally, I am amused. Still, I'm not sure weather to applaud you or slap you very hard at the back of the head. At least you have a tale to tell. By the way, why do you always say toto when you should write "to"?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Next time I will do 170kph i will record it and upload it here.

For what bro?

What you don't understand is most of these niggas don't care about you. Some are jealous you got a car and make snide comments. Others projected their insecurities on you by trying to shame you on your own car.

That dude doubting your car speed or whatever doesn't deserve an answer. No matter what you do, you can NEVER satisfy people. Just live your life and be content.

Why on earth will you upload your 170kph speed to satisfy a random, faceless entity on nairaland? These niggas are not worth it. Enjoy your ride and focus on YOU

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Eaglernorwich(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
ENVIRONMENT

Lagos is not as people say it is. In fact, the GRA in Port Harcourt is more neater and nicer than Lekki.

Lekki was nothing to write home about during my stay there.
You are right sir, especially if you follow from presidential Hotel,polo club,Evo road,Tombia road,Tombia extension,Woji road, these roads are very neat and wide with big gutters
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations we are going to wash it.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jerrykings1(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
Why face all this hassle, when i can get you a good car from IAAI,COM. AutophisNigeria is my business name, @autophis we buy your car together from the US, all you need to do is make your choice, we access the car together and i take care of the logistic. For all cars just minus 250-350k from the market value, this is what I can save you.
You will thank me
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by cmon(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
OP, forget any discouraging posts by others. Where were they when you posted the first thread looking for the car? Now that you've bought the car, everybody has an opinion. To me, as long as it does not have a major accident record previously, it's a good car for the price you paid. People don't realize that the dollar keeps going up every other week, coupled with new importation policies. What you should focus now on is maintaining the car appropriately. With the way the country is now, you just got yourself an asset. In the next 6 months, people will be hailing you for buying it at 4.1m (with the added adventure and experience you gained).

Try to maintain your car using the right engine oil. Most people cheap out to use Mobil XHP. Look at the right engine oil recommended for your car and stick to it. If it's XHP, then fine. The grade of oil to use is always available on the engine oil cap. Could be 0w-20 or 5w-30. Use whatever is recommended. As for your gear, check if it has an oil dipstick to check the gauge and change appropriately. If it has no deep stick, then keep using it like that.

Given your story, I can't fault you for buying your car in Lagos. Lagos is where you get the best cars with the configuration you want. The only other place you can get such is Kaduna or maybe Abuja. Assuming your car is a clean title car, you'll hardly find a corolla as clean as yours in any other state. Period!

Most people saying you can't do 170km/h with a corrola simply don't know how to drive, are scared to do so, or simply have a terrible car. Are they better than the engineers that designed the car to go as fast as that? What would you tell me if I told you I've gone 200km/h on a Toyota camry (big for nothing) ontop third mainland oh... with a little help from alcohol and race-winning instincts.

As for your journey, na just this stupid country dey shame us. If the roads were good, no stupid extorting checkpoints on the road (hundreds of them) and security, anybody should be able to drive/travel to anywhere in this country with his/her car. Small Nigeria like this and we have to fly everywhere. Most cars are even underutilized here. Imagine covering less than 5000 miles in a year. The only lesson to learn here is that google maps can actually take you anywhere, even with limited internet. Once you've entered your destination, it will take you all through using GPS.

Lastly, it will be wise to get comprehensive insurance for your car. It's usually 3 to 4% of the value of the car. Considering the type of car, this should give you some peace of mind and with axa mansard, you should get a "free" tracker installed.

Enjoy your ride.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.