Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96194 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
07 LE
kayceekay:

What year is the corolla 2004, 2005 or 2006 and is it CE or LE?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jaxxy(m): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Go and price corolla 2005 to 2008 again and tell me the price. Go to car stand not online.

I sell cars sir. I know the rates. 2007/08 may get up to 3.5 can't be more. Anything above 3.5m is outrageous. I have 2009 for 3.8/4m.

Don't go to car stands like that check online or ask a dealer or dealers u feel comfortable with to source it for u and compare prices.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rivguydee(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FINALLY SAW A CAR I WANTED TO BUY
Where I went to buy the car was a warehouse that contains a lot of cars. What port harcourt doesn't have.

I checked the car, it was ok to my taste. Told the dealer I was going with the vehicle that same day.

I made transfer while waiting for the dealer to get alert I have already started the registration of the car.

I was advised to register it so police would not disturb me on the road.

After registration of the vehicle it took more than 24hrs for the dealer to receive alert. In fact the dealer and I went to his bank and my bank to complain.

Finally the alert entered the following day at about 2pm. That was when the dealer issued me receipt for the car.

The car dealer and his brother were very cool and understandable
Boss you go drop the link of this place or

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
heendrix:

Nigga that car is with ah 1.8 engine so that 170km/hr he sped with might just be 140kph on a 3.5engine like the Lexus es350
Don't mind him.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dksmile:

Imagine not even V6, V8 do you know what it takes to maintain V8 cars especially for this our present economic and even the car self no get secondhand value for nigeria no try am abeg
Don't mind that man
How can anyone be recommending a V8 for a new car owner hoping to purchase a four plug economy car like corolla.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by osazsky(m): 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pls can anyone help me on how to get ml 320 or 350 between 1999 and 2002..I love that car die and the durability and ruggedity is compared to none..no nowadays cars na paper mechanic everyday 6 cylinders.. fairly used but very neat..any color

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by calculator123(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
tsdarkside:

he didnt say,just moving from a area to another in lagos....

wuss....!!

tourist wuss....!!
Maybe he did but left out that detail
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ten06(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations to you, you are a smart guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by InvertedHammer: 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:

I didn't buy the car for N4.1m

I said the cost of everything including feeding, hotels, settlement

/

Everything added together equals the cost of the car.

/

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by zeenaman: 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
You be man
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
Quim2:

Where was the warehouse located exactly..

Where you bought the car
Apapa Tin can after mile 2.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
brightest5050:

The part of benz can last forever while for Japanese that was changed same time as benz, the owner will have to keep changing the same part at interval.

Op is a typical Nigerian that will value fuel efficiency over comfort, handling, luxury etc. When I read the Op previous thread I thought he wanted to use the ride for uber/bolt but for Op to spend 4m + on that corolla it shows some level of financial stability which I doubt he want to do bolt

The cost of corrolla and Toyota salons in Nigeria is unbelievable and it is all due to market forces driving the prices up due to demand for cheap replacement parts as Nigerians have zero maintainace culture.

A Benz is not their thing because the average Nigerian can't maintain shit if his life depended on it..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Toktee(m): 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I have uploaded pics
Oga that car's speedometer is not up to 170k na. grin

How u take drive 170k per hr?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
tobore4u:
boss reply na
Apapa tin can after mile 2.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by thinkmoney(m): 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2022
Afonja2:
I enjoy your story. You are a rugged man. Can't try what you did. You be man. Well done bro and enjoy your ride...
I have similar stories to his. I bought my Corolla, 2010 around February this year.
I had similar experience. I am based in lagos, but I had to drive the car to my village in the east within the first 2months of my purchasing it

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ajascolove:
According to you, you were afraid to fall victim of LASTMA because they are wicked to drivers and yet you took one way which was the greatest traffic offence. Why do you derive joy in committing an offence but labelling LASTMA a wicked agency of government?
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Dksmile: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rubbiish:

Don't mind that man
How can anyone be recommending a V8 for a new car owner hoping to purchase a four plug economy car like corolla.

Obviously he is a novice when it comes to cars
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Flamethehussler: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
care4you:
This one na potential maga!

If i get you as client ehhh?....e don sure for me

Iswr gad
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Slynation(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Omo...this guy get mind shaah!! Congrats on your new whip!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rubbiish:

You can't do 170 on that model of corolla.
Once u cross 140 u can't control that car, not to talk of a learner that has spent less than 5 years driving. I once did around 140 on my corolla coming from Benin to abuja around abaji, I nearly enter bush. Once u cross 140 on a light four plug car like corolla, accident don sure be that. A little steering wave, it will take a lot of experience to control that car BTW 130 & 140, not to talk of 170, that na suicide!
Well, I controlled mine at 170kph. That means I got the best car. Thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by mastermaestro(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rayd502:
Op I admire you guts for a not too experienced driver handling a car all the way from Lagos.

You should have gone with a trusted friend,the trip would have been a bit interesting. And a second opinion on some matters can be useful.

Then again the security risk involved in these uncertain times we are in being that you were in an unfamiliar terrain for the first time.

Thanks to God you succeeded in achieving your goal.

Enjoy your ride.

Trusted friend? grin I strongly advise you to learn to pursue certain goals ALONE! sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by weslay: 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
Op get mind oh... Driving from Lagos to PH ain't easy for a newbie.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
either is it
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jimtemi1: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Next time when u go places u don't know if u get to park, just tell them to give you one passenger wey sabi road, and take half of the money sikena... Last time I travelled to Abuja from ife, the person I go meet lead me to the express, wey I full 4passengers as low as 3k each and the journey was smooth... Happy for u

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Dramadiddy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
OfficialSam:
OP, trust me, you will be tired of Corolla within a year. Very bland car, plus the risk of getting robbed.

3.5 million or less is enough to get a sweet Honda Accord 2008-2010. It commands more prestige on the road than any bland and empty Corolla. Keke and motor-bikes will be afraid of coming close to your bumper because of how dashing Evil Spirit looks, unlike Corolla.

The evil spirit is fuel efficient and easy to maintain as well.
very prone to thieves, and he keeps saying he was not scammed lol

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Triangles1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
poiZon:

Congrats bro..

I will get here soon.
Though i never get work but am optimistic this year go bring hooge things for me..

Amen brother, as if you know what is going through my mind.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

See the busybody idiot taking panadol for another person wey no get headache dey tell person to rest.

REST!!!;

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by gentlegenius(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
POLICE AND CUSTOMS PALAVA
I was told at that warehouse that whether I register the car or not that police will disturb me. I should hold money to settle them.

I had withdrew 50k in 200, 500 and 1000 naira notes for settlement.

My papers were complete but these officers wouldn't let me go unless I settle them.

I was just giving them money on the way.

Some I gave 5k some 2k some 1k some 500 some 200.

I spent a lot settling police at a point I made up my mind that I was not going to giveLagos them again.

When I don't give they delay me and it was getting dark and I can't see at night so I didn't have a choice than to be giving them money.

Due to police delay I missed that bus I was following. Well, those polic guys also help show me the road.
Comrade...
You went through all these just to buy a car?
WTF!
Lesson:
Never go to Lagos to buy a car. Buy it where you are no matter the price.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by nitt: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pros:
• You went on an adventure.
• You went out of your comfort zone.
• Visited the South West.
• You achieved your goal of buying a Car.
• You will Learn from experience.

Cons:
• Bad planning.
• A risky journey to begin with.
• Inexperience cost you in terms of; time, money, health and others.
• Inflated price of car.
• Car has started getting bashed already.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Jeffy1206(m): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
that's done serious risk you took there my friend! Just thank your God that you're alive o... What if you rammed into that trailer shocked. With 50k, someone would have comfortably bring that car for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Neoteny(m): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

My thoughts exactly. He would have gotten himself a clean direct Canada Camry.

A friend of mine bought one just about four months back from same Lagos for 3.5.

Adding naira devaluation that car would be going for no more than 3.9mil as of today.

Heck, I would even get an ML 350 Nigerian used but in good shape for less than what the op spent procuring that Pleb car that has no single class, driving experience off road or on road.

What am I concerned about fuel consumption? I be taxi driver? I will drive that Benz till the wheels fall off.

Benz owner speaking , and I know the myth Nigerians have about Benz being expensive to maintain and all but I can assure you its all a myth.

If you follow the instruction manual on maintaining your Benz to a T you won't have any issues. Their parts are made to last and not replaced. So that's why if they break down they cist you an arm. Yes Benz is your typical over engineered German car built by German autists for fellow German autists obsessed with details and micromanagement. But this is a German car after all built in German tradition for a German driver. I keep telling people who erroneously complain about Benz maintainace cost that only sloppy ret@rds with little or no knowledge about cars complain about German cars.

The only thing you have to do with a Benz is follow all maintenance as stated by the manufacturer and never ignore any small issues no matter how minor as this can escalate to a major issue in a very highly engineered car like benz.

Toyota is crap. I can't even see myself drive any of their salons as it is so light and feels so unsafe when handling on High speeds. I like their off road cars tho but their salons suck.

Ever heard of "one man's meat..." ?

Some people like Mercs, others prefer Toyotas.

Preference is highly subjective.

Shikenna.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Neoteny(m): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
luminouz:

Alaye rest na!!!!

Haven't you done enough already? It's his money and he got what he wanted. No one asked for your opinion because it's not your money.
All I see on the thread are insults and abuses from NLanders who just don't wanna mind their business and just be happy with OP.

Is it the poverty rate in the country or just sheer jealousy/wickedness? See ugly replies on this thread just because Op bought a car with his own money. It's only on my country that people will be dictating to you how to spend your own money.

WTF!!!

So why are you dictating to him how to have an opinion?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.