Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96239 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Sirheny007(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
I think you should reset your keyboard.
Perhaps you have typed "toto" so much on it that autocorrect never listen when you want to simply type "to".

grin cheesy

Congratulations.
Enjoy your ride.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Dramadiddy(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
yesloaded:
4.1m on Toyota Corolla is nothing but waste of money + time

It's good that you arrive port Harcourt safely

You could have just buy at 3.7m in port Harcourt & save your 400k

That 400k will fuel your car for more than a year
was a case of penny wise, pound foolish. Maybe he was just curious about Lagos lol

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
I applaud your courage. You be man

AbelAbdul, your experience has exposed part of the rot in Lagos and this contraption called Nigeria. More than ever before, things need to change.

For the record, Lagos is overrated, Lagosians wake up, criminality isn’t smartness

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Shiko77: 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
WHAT I DISCOVERED ABOUT ONLINE GOODS.
Most GOODS you see online, their price tags are not the real prices of those goods.

Sellers put lower prices to lure buyers to their shops.

The prices of that TOYOTA Corolla cars I saw on jiji were different when I went to meet the sellers.

They put N3m on jiji while the actual price is N3.8m
I can relate, same thing happened to me last year same jiji. A guy gave me an Es350 2008 for 3.6 million in Lagos, I travelled from the east to Lagos by road, when I got to Lagos I slept at apapa and told the guy I was in town, the next day I saw this guy just to discover the guy doesn’t have a carstand anywhere in Berger and just taking me round bargaining for me. I was mad and this guy just kept saying sorry.I was really fustrated. One of the car dealers told me in confidence that I won’t get that car less than 4.3 million, and that time it was way above my budget, to cut the long story short I bought Toyota Camry 2010 model for 3.7 million and left Lagos that same day by 2pm.. Arrived owerri by 10pm. That was risky with an unregistered vehicle. The Camry is 1 year plus and am still grateful I bought that car. No stress just servicing with Elizade at due time.

13 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Which means you would have saved yourself the trouble and bought the car in port Harcourt
I was deceived by Lagos online price.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by kraftysprouts: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
ENVIRONMENT

Lagos is not as people say it is. In fact, the GRA in Port Harcourt is more neater and nicer than Lekki.

Lekki was nothing to write home about during my stay there.

How are you from PH answering Abdul
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by iykofias(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Bravetunde:
With 4 million naira I believe you can get a neatly used es 350 in ph and instantly girls will be tripping for you.
These car you bought is now even used as taxi and the clean once as bolt.
In my opinion u should have bought a Lexus even is 250 will give you so much respect.
But what do I know shall.
are girls the reason you want to own a car?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
Tboymessiah:

Where u sleep in lekki?
A hotel in Lekki scheme 1

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Healthquest: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I have uploaded pics. The Eagle worth The stress.
Check engine oil regularly and use same oil to avoid engine sludge which can end up affecting oil pump and crankshaft. Ur power steering oil and brake oil too. Watch dem closely, then make sure the dashboard is fine so that any single signs is been taken care of when they pop up

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
kraftysprouts:

How are you from PH answering Abdul

Wow! My friend Ibrahim lived all his life in PH, he’s from Katsina State; won’t you call Ibrahim a PH boy? I’m really amazed at your question but it’s all good

9 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Well.congrats..you have also learned the hard way.enjoy your ride.maybe when you want to upgrade from corola you will make better decisions.you can see that it wud av being better bought from port.but it's good you had the experience also.kudos and enjoy.Abeg no too speed with corolla because it very light and not balanced.safe

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by cobby14(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Find a mechanic. Welcome to wahala grin grin smiley
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by fxdee(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
FINALLY SAW A CAR I WANTED TO BUY
Where I went to buy the car was a warehouse that contains a lot of cars. What port harcourt doesn't have.

I checked the car, it was ok to my taste. Told the dealer I was going with the vehicle that same day.

I made transfer while waiting for the dealer to get alert I have already started the registration of the car.

I was advised to register it so police would not disturb me on the road.

After registration of the vehicle it took more than 24hrs for the dealer to receive alert. In fact the dealer and I went to his bank and my bank to complain.

Finally the alert entered the following day at about 2pm. That was when the dealer issued me receipt for the car.

The car dealer and his brother were very cool and understandable
you mean a whole dealer in Lagos waiting for ordinary alert to sell a car?.. Why could nt he log in to his mobile app to check his statement of account?..
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by 360command: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Stallionhorse
with Google map, you can drive from Lagos to Porthacourt. Why ask drivers or police for directions?

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by JokwaNwannem(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
But why is it the cost of goods and other products in lagos is just the same price or even cheaper in the east despite importing many of our products from lagos ports or is it that traders in the east doesn't take their transport cost from lagos to east into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Tboymessiah:

Where do you sleep in ikorodu?
A hotel I don't know names of the streets I just ask people for near by hotels and the referred me to them.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by blaquemyc: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I have uploaded pics
congrats bro, enjoy your car. God wey do am for go remember us too. You suppose drop sumtin make i follow you celebrate oh gringrin make i drop aza?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by BestMan001: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
mactoni91:
4.1m for Toyota Corolla...

Omo!.. People get mind.

That money would have given you a Very Neat, high performance V8 Volvo x90 SUV

You said what?

V8?? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Greenscientist: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Thank you. I wish you best
All I see in your post is a mere jealousy. As for the pictures of the car, that place is not PH. That is a village in Ogoni land. I went for a friend's wedding there so I took pictures of the car. I live in PHC an environment cleaner than Lekki.

The same PH that was in the news for intense Air Pollution?

I've not been to PH but I'm very sure Lagos is mile ahead of PH.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Munzy14(m): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rayd502:
Op I admire you guts for a not too experienced driver handling a car all the way from Lagos.

You should have gone with a trusted friend,the trip would have been a bit interesting. And a second opinion on some matters can be useful.

Then again the security risk involved in these uncertain times we are in being that you were in an unfamiliar terrain for the first time.

Thanks to God you succeeded in achieving your goal.

Enjoy your ride.
OP na sense man...He go first reason how he go spend on a friend to enter lasgidi grin

Person wey for buy clean grade corolla for PH at lesser than 4M...Still go lagos go share money like Tinubu.. cheesy cheesy grin Ako na uche is Importanter.

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jaxxy(m): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
WHAT I DISCOVERED ABOUT ONLINE GOODS.
Most GOODS you see online, their price tags are not the real prices of those goods.

Sellers put lower prices to lure buyers to their shops.

The prices of that TOYOTA Corolla cars I saw on jiji were different when I went to meet the sellers.

They put N3m on jiji while the actual price is N3.8m

Are u talking about Corolla 2005 or Corolla 2009?

Cos 2005/06 can't be more that 3m or 3.3m max

The prices ure mentioning are absurd. undecided

Tho duty payment increased the prices since 2months back cos they are now considered below required year to enter the country.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
PharoahIII:
This guy get mind oh, even some of us wen don dey drive for years no fit take that risk. Was it cost effective? Probably not, imo. Was it adventurous? Hell, yes it was. But as some people say we only live once. Just remember to dey service you car regularly.

All that stress just for corolla that u can get in ph
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Thebig4: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Mamijoh(f): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations Boss

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by IbileIfe: 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
Gbe enu osi soun. So,just one day u Don entered all Lekki finish abi? Nonsense angry
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Chainex(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
abobote:
Congrats man.
You don see Lagos finish.

We fill fulfill when achieve something we have longed for, for a while.
Though you took a big risk by driving yourself as inexperienced driver, and considering your sight issue, but thank God, you arrived safely.
We wouldn't mind to see the picture of the ride as well

Enjoy your ride in peace

I really wanted to see it
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Treadway: 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
brightest5050:

Congratulations, I followed your previous thread closely. I really do admire your determination and strong will.

But 4.1 million that was approximately the amount spent is way too high for that Corolla not to even talk of the risk/adventure.

The total amount you sent would have gotten you 2013 camry (a very sharp Nigeria use) or you could have saved up and buy Tok. I think stereotype of corolla influenced your choice of car and decision
I swear I was just saying the same thing to my wife. It will get a super clean less than a year used 2013 Camry easy with a little looking around. I can't believe someone spent a total of 4 million naira on a 2005 corolla!!!! Na him money sha. Congrats! Remember to insure it

10 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Powerbandoo(f): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7225300/experience-going-lagos-purchase-toyota

For a better understanding of this thread, it is advisable that you read the previous two threads I created.

This thread is my true life story. Before I proceed on telling you my experience leaving Port Harcourt to Lagos to purchase a car, I would like you to note these few things.

1. This wasn't my first time going to Lagos though I go to Lagos once in a blue moon.

2. This was my first time going to Lagos by road.

3. I started driving a vehicle not quite long and I have not driven a car for more than 20 times.

4. I have not attended driving school before.

5. I don't see clearly at night.

Now let's begin.

Owning a car was one of the things on my to-do list for this year.
I met a couple of friends, told them my intention of buying a car and that I want a reliable, easy to maintain and less fuel consumption car. Most of them advised I should go for Toyota Corolla.

I started making plans since January. I was with N2m as budget at that time the car cost was between N2.5m and N2.7m.

When we entered April, the cost of the car hit N2.9m.

The more I delayed the higher the price of the car.

Finally on June I said I will buy the car. Visited car stands in Port Harcourt where I base the least I saw was N3.7m for American spec and N3.4m for Asian spec.

Friends advised me toto buy American spec that is stronger and better.

I entered jiji and realized that the American spec which is between N3.7m and N3.8m in Port Harcourt was N3.3 and N3m in Lagos.

I told myself that I will go to Lagos to purchase it.

A day came that I was prepared to go I went to Good is God park but their bus was full.

I went to LIBRA motor park, boarded a bus and we left PH at 8am and entered Lagos at 5pm. We got stuck at Ajah hold up from 5pm to 7pm we arrived their park.

It was raining. I looked for a hotel to pass a night there. The least hotel I saw 6k was actually a brothel very dirty and noisy. Security was not guaranteed.

I went to the one of 25k and slept till the next day.

Shouldnt you have bought it in ph, the stress and money spent would lower in ph compare to Lagos,
Though I learnt some thing
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by iykofias(m): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats Op you’ve got a beautiful car, but honestly cars are so expensive here in ph. Wouldn’t mind going to Lagos in few months time to get a clean ride but I’ll have to plan it very well

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
Okarakwu:
You have enough money for the adventure,if you have limited resources it won't have been easy .but that brand of corolla at 4.1m is wasteful .
I didnt buy it for that amount.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Rubbiish(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
luminouz:

Alaye rest na!!!!

Haven't you done enough already? It's his money and he got what he wanted. No one asked for your opinion because it's not your money.
All I see on the thread are insults and abuses from NLanders who just don't wanna mind their business and just be happy with OP.

Is it the poverty rate in the country or just sheer jealousy/wickedness? See ugly replies on this thread just because Op bought a car with his own money. It's only on my country that people will be dictating to you how to spend your own money.

WTF!!!
I tire o
I thought it was only me!
2019 I bought a corolla for 2.1m when I could have gotten a Camry, till date i don't regret it. Everyone have a purpose for buying a car

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Jobbyteno(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
*LEARN HOW TO MAKE UNIQUE TRENDING GELE AT THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME.*

*A two days auto gele training*���
*✅You will learn how to make 3 trending styles*
* *Full fan gele*

* *Half fan gele*

* *Round gele*

* *Center knot ruffles gele*

*✅ Basic measurements from start to finish*
*✅Easy to understand*
*✅Time for class is 8pm when vendors & learners are more relaxed*
*✅ Videos are very detailed*
*✅Very affordable*
*BONUS*
*✅ Online visibility*
*✅ Business branding*

*VENUE*:*WHATSAPP*
*TRAINING STARTS 22ND-23RD JULY 2022.*

*SEE YOU IN CLASS�.*

*VIDEOS AVAILABLE*

*PLEASE DO NOT PAY TO ANY OTHER ACCOUNT NUMBER ASIDE FROM THIS ��*
*ENDURANCE GABRIEL, ACCESS BANK,0032781998 YOU CAN MAKE PAYMENT VIA MOBILE TRANSFER,ATM TRANSFER, BANK CASH DEPOSIT OR P.O.S.*

*RECHARGE CARD IS NOT ALLOWED ❌*

*Once you make your payment, kindly notify with your payment name or payment screenshot,you will be added to the official training class immediately.*
https:///Ie4SoGgjSGx8W906HJO5tg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.